IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi, mind sharing what’s the reason u needed to do IVF? I also wish this miracle will happen to me for no.2 so I don’t have to go through another fresh cycle
My hb has v low sperm count and mobility. So i tried 3 yrs trying to conceive, but failed. I was rather surprised, when I see the double red line when i did not control my diet. I drink cold drinks after birth and eat watever ‘cooling’ food i like. All e best to u too!

My hb has v low sperm count and mobility. So i tried 3 yrs trying to conceive, but failed. I was rather surprised, when I see the double red line when i did not control my diet. I drink cold drinks after birth and eat watever ‘cooling’ food i like. All e best to u too!

Your side has no issue? I do have some issues like lower ovarian reserve for my age hence I never had many follicles

Sometimes things just come unexpectedly ..

Today is my 14dp2dt.. did hpt and it is negative. So devasted. Look through the forum, for those bfp, they already have a positive line. How should I move on?

Around this age 30, everyone around is either just pregnant or posting their baby...

Today is my 14dp2dt.. did hpt and it is negative. So devasted. Look through the forum, for those bfp, they already have a positive line. How should I move on?

Around this age 30, everyone around is either just pregnant or posting their baby...

Have a good rest and come back stronger!

How many times have you tried? Some ladies switch doctor/ hospital after they failed a couple of times under the same doctor/ hospital

Just know that IVF is a trial and error game. Don’t give up = have a ray of hope!

Have a good rest and come back stronger!

How many times have you tried? Some ladies switch doctor/ hospital after they failed a couple of times under the same doctor/ hospital

Just know that IVF is a trial and error game. Don’t give up = have a ray of hope!

This is my 2nd fresh cycle. As I have Low AMH, I only have 1 fertilised embryo 1st cycle. Failed. 2nd cycle, 2 fertilised embryo transfer at d2.

Both under dr Tan at kkh. 1st cycle was max dosage at 450gonal f. 2nd cycle is minimum dosage of 150 menopur.

This is my 2nd fresh cycle. As I have Low AMH, I only have 1 fertilised embryo 1st cycle. Failed. 2nd cycle, 2 fertilised embryo transfer at d2.

Both under dr Tan at kkh. 1st cycle was max dosage at 450gonal f. 2nd cycle is minimum dosage of 150 menopur.

I see.. both fresh transfer? Seems like high or Low dose yield about similar number of embryos for u?

Some ladies score better with frozen transfer. Maybe u can try frozen for next round

Big hugs.
At the moment it is devastating and feel so hopeless when facing 2 failures in a row.
Take the time to grieve and cry but remind yourself that you are doing your best already. Try not to make decisions so soon, let your mind and body heal first.
There is no use comparing to other people as their path in life is different although envy and jealousy are tough to fight.

Low amh too.diagnosed asherman syndrome too.1 iui. 2 fresh. 1 frozen suprised turned bfp. Now lo 16 mths.. dont give up.just keep trying as long as got grant.all i did for frozen cycle was to have dont care feeling.take it easy.tww take 6days off only.go work.do alot window shopin.eat whatever i want.prata macdonald arnolds etc...try again wokay..now im left with no frozen.if i want no.2 gota go fresh again.wonder still have grant anot.and whats the earliest ivf date for now?

Low amh too.diagnosed asherman syndrome too.1 iui. 2 fresh. 1 frozen suprised turned bfp. Now lo 16 mths.. dont give up.just keep trying as long as got grant.all i did for frozen cycle was to have dont care feeling.take it easy.tww take 6days off only.go work.do alot window shopin.eat whatever i want.prata macdonald arnolds etc...try again wokay..now im left with no frozen.if i want no.2 gota go fresh again.wonder still have grant anot.and whats the earliest ivf date for now?

If u didn’t use the grant for iui u still have 1 fresh Govt grant left
But Medisave is capped at 15k per lifetime if not enough have to top up cash

Last edited:

The kkivf queue is faster now. Only year end will be longer due to the closure and less available dr / staff.
I think they will ask you to pay again for the registration and blood tests.

Hihi, I'm going to start stims with NUH in 1-3 months, when PGD test kit is done.

The first thing to do is take "nor-e" "norethisterone" drug. I did a forum/Google search, but still don't understand what is the purpose nor-e? Is it to regulate menses for them to time the IVF cycle? So it does nothing for patient? And is this practice unique to NUH? How do SGH/KKH start the stims?

Hihi, I'm going to start stims with NUH in 1-3 months, when PGD test kit is done.

The first thing to do is take "nor-e" "norethisterone" drug. I did a forum/Google search, but still don't understand what is the purpose nor-e? Is it to regulate menses for them to time the IVF cycle? So it does nothing for patient? And is this practice unique to NUH? How do SGH/KKH start the stims?

Nor E is to make it easier for them to plan when to start your IVF cycle.

When not using Nor E, u just start the cycle once your menses come

Sorry can I check something? I am doing medicated FET this time, I finished my 21days of Mercilon pills few days ago, my Menses suppose to be here this 1-5days. Menses not here yet, anyone experience this before??

Thanks!

I know ubiquinol helps with egg quality but do you all continue taking after the egg retrieval? How about Vitamin D? I’m currently taking folic acid only and was thinking what do I do with my remaining supplements.

I think there’s only one unit use for hcg.. there’s nothing much you can do at this point of time other than try your best to relax. As Long as the number continue to double and increase then it’s ok!

I comb through the whole forum and all with Low bets ended up with chemical or etopic...

Sorry can I check something? I am doing medicated FET this time, I finished my 21days of Mercilon pills few days ago, my Menses suppose to be here this 1-5days. Menses not here yet, anyone experience this before??

Thanks!
Me! And I purposely ate pineapple to make it come.. Lol.

Hi... anyone managed to get bfp after chemical pregnancy?

Usually after how Long does ur menses come after CP?

For Low AMH, anyone had succeeded under dr Roland? I am thinking of dr Roland or dr suresh? But I think dr suresh waiting time and cost is more expensive than dr Roland?

If the cap of 15k under Medisave is not used up, can it be used for private hospital?

Thanks you.

Hi... anyone managed to get bfp after chemical pregnancy?

Usually after how Long does ur menses come after CP?

For Low AMH, anyone had succeeded under dr Roland? I am thinking of dr Roland or dr suresh? But I think dr suresh waiting time and cost is more expensive than dr Roland?

If the cap of 15k under Medisave is not used up, can it be used for private hospital?

Thanks you.

Hi, I’ve Low Amh for my age and I bfp under Roland. He doesn’t do fresh transfer. My first FET under him didn’t BFP, second FET BFP and my girl is now 4.5months old

If Medisave cap not used up it can be use for pte hospital

Hi, I’ve Low Amh for my age and I bfp under Roland. He doesn’t do fresh transfer. My first FET under him didn’t BFP, second FET BFP and my girl is now 4.5months old

If Medisave cap not used up it can be use for pte hospital

Hi, what is your amh level? How many eggs did you retrieved for each cycle? For my 1st cycle, I on max dosage 450 gonal f, 6 eggs retrieved only 1 fertilised, bfp. For 2nd cycle, Low dosage of 150 menopur with oral tablet, 4 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilised, 2 put in but chemical pregnancy. Currently waiting for hcg to go to zero.

I just afraid that with Low number of eggs, I may not have any eggs for FET.

Hi, what is your amh level? How many eggs did you retrieved for each cycle? For my 1st cycle, I on max dosage 450 gonal f, 6 eggs retrieved only 1 fertilised, bfp. For 2nd cycle, Low dosage of 150 menopur with oral tablet, 4 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilised, 2 put in but chemical pregnancy. Currently waiting for hcg to go to zero.

I just afraid that with Low number of eggs, I may not have any eggs for FET.

I cannot remember my amh level.

So now you’re trying for second baby ah

I cannot remember my amh level.

So now you’re trying for second baby ah

Nope. I am still trying for the first. Dreamscometrue, do you remember your dosage (noted that you are under mild dosage) for your successful cycle with dr Roland, which year is it and about how much will it be? Cause I need to plan financially also..

So understand that Govt co fund is not applicable to private hospital. So given that I have done 2 fresh in government. If I go to private hospital for the 3rd cycle, if failed, when I go back to public hospital, can I still be eligible for the 3rd co fund? Any one done it before?

If I switch to dr Roland, do I have to go through their IvF counselling and blood tests again? That will cost another sum.

Thanks for answering.

Last edited:
Nope. I am still trying for the first. Dreamscometrue, do you remember your dosage (noted that you are under mild dosage) for your successful cycle with dr Roland, which year is it and about how much will it be? Cause I need to plan financially also..

So understand that Govt co fund is not applicable to private hospital. So given that I have done 2 fresh in government. If I go to private hospital for the 3rd cycle, if failed, when I go back to public hospital, can I still be eligible for the 3rd co fund? Any one done it before?

If I switch to dr Roland, do I have to go through their IvF counselling and blood tests again? That will cost another sum.

Thanks for answering.

As for cofunding yes u are eligible for the 3rd co fund if u failed at private hospital and wanna go back to Govt hospital but bear in mind ur Medisave will get lesser and by 3rd co fund u will have to top up cash

Thanks for answering.

I can’t really remember the dosage.. initially started with clomid for few days, then follow by the jabs.. think is menupor of 150? Then increase to maybe around 225? Around there.. I really cannot rem the exact

The fresh cycle was done in year 2017

Yes unfortunately he will ask u to do all blood tests again.. and yes it cost quite a lot :(

IVF counselling also need to do.. but I think the amt will be waived off after u formally start with them

I think my fresh cycle was around 15k or 20k.. can’t recall.. FET estimate around 5k at least

I can’t really remember the dosage.. initially started with clomid for few days, then follow by the jabs.. think is menupor of 150? Then increase to maybe around 225? Around there.. I really cannot rem the exact

The fresh cycle was done in year 2017

Yes unfortunately he will ask u to do all blood tests again.. and yes it cost quite a lot :(

IVF counselling also need to do.. but I think the amt will be waived off after u formally start with them

I think my fresh cycle was around 15k or 20k.. can’t recall.. FET estimate around 5k at least
Something like in that post, yea?
I remember one girl here shared that she did 2 stim and one transfer with Dr Ronald at Virtus, it was 35k$.
D785E739-23AE-4DEE-B01A-7B2B3CE12786.jpeg

Hi dear

After failing 3 round(2 fresh transfer) at NUH, I succeeded under Dr Roland Chieng & just given birth to my boy 2 weeks plus ago..

He did mini/mild IVF for me which is different from NUH high dose. My protocol is 2 rounds of ER for embryos banking which had given me 4 blasts, and 1 frozen transfer with 1 blast. Didn’t expect 1st attempt with Dr Roland would be a success since I’m losing hope. I’m 39 this Nov, low egg reserve & each retrieval, I can get abt 4-5 eggs max. If my eggs doesn’t degenerate, my fertilisation is 100% & able to harvest to blasts.

Baby dust to you, good luck & hope you will be able to share your successful story to encourage others. Jia you!

Hi, can I check for your mild dosage, what is the dosage like and how much does it cost for 2 ER and one FET?

Hi, anyone taking or have taken immunocal powder?

I am thinking if its safe to take? I only read some information onon the website but have not seen anyone who said that it was recommended by their doctor.

Do you find that it helps with your cycle?

Thanks in advance

I am thinking if its safe to take? I only read some information onon the website but have not seen anyone who said that it was recommended by their doctor.

Thanks in advance

Some ladies have taken it but the effect is unproven, of course.
Basically it would help you to increase protein intake.

Thanks in advance

Previously when I was seeing Dr Sheila Vasoo, she was a little skeptical. Besides, I have immunity issues so I was actually on Prednisolone to lower the activity in my immune system to help in implantation. So it doens't make sense for me to consume immunocal to boost my immunity. So after my discussion with her, I stopped taking it to be on the safe side. Hence, I guess sometimes not all supplements are suitable for everyone. Best to know your own body condition first before consuming anything. My 10 cents worth.

Back