Breast augmentation - Dr Shens or Dr Colin Tham?

Hi ladies

I have been following this thread for a while. I have been thinking about doing fat transfer or fat grafting to my breasts for the past year but I just cannot decide who to go to in Singapore.

My friend went for an implant instead and she told me she did it behind the muscle so as to look more natural. It was extremely painful for her, even riding in the car, the vibration from the ride will make her shout and cry in pain. She only fully recovered after 3 months. She said some men can feel the difference but some won’t know the difference. I am concern about the pain and decided that the least painful BA should be fat transfer. Also, I think it won’t be that unnatural for touch. My husband said a big no to implants but he will support me if it is a fat transfer.

I am athletic, my fat deposits are mainly at the butt and thighs. Long distance running every other day doesn’t seem to slim my thighs and butt. Worst, my breasts are the first thing to lose fats when I run. So I’m kinda pear shaped which makes it difficult for me to buy clothes or look good in them.

I didn’t seem to be able to google informative reviews on Dr Vincent and Dr Por from Dream Plastic. Anyone has anything to say about them?

Does anyone have good experience about fat transfer for BA? Can you PM me? Appreciate it.

Hi Ladies!

Just here to share my personal experience with BA. I did my procedure last year with Dr Tan Ying Chien at SW1 clinic (was previously from the Sloane clinic).

I have been contemplating on doing this procedure for a long time and I finally told myself that if I’m gonna do it, it has to be now! I gave a call to the clinic and the nurse who attended to my call was so incredibly patient and knowledgeable. That really helped put me at ease when I made my first appointment.

On my first visit, I pleasantly surprised that the clinic was very discreet. I was whisked away into a room where I filled up the form and had a consultation with Dr Tan. I was quite nervous at first but really thankful that Dr Tan managed to put me at ease by keeping things very casual but professional at the same time.

I was later led to a room where the 3D photos and measurements were taken. At this time, you’ll be asked to pick your dream size. Of course I wanted something natural so I thought just a size up would do.. but during the consultation with Dr Tan, he shared with me about other women’s personal experiences with choosing the size and also gave his professional opinion on the size that would suit my body best. I’m just Super thankful I took his advise because now, I even received compliments from an SA about my body’s proportion randomly.

I can’t say enough good things about it and I wished I had done it years ago! There’s nothing scary about the procedure. Dr Tan is really sweet and patient. He takes time to answer all my questions and he really cares about his patients! My experience and results are amazing! I can’t thank him enough for everything!

Hi, you chose how many cc?

I did BA with Dr.Tan 1- Sloane / Dr. Tan : http://www.sloaneclinic.com/en-sg/aboutus/drtan.asp
Instead Of getting implants I did fat transfer to the breasts and DR. Tan did a great job! I had tuberous breasts and he was able to take fat from my saddlebags, lower back and tummy! I went from a 32A to a 32D. Highly recommended if you don't want a foreign object in your body and if you want to trim those fatty places on your body. Perfect for a Mommy makeover. Happy to upload photos, not sure if my post will get blocked

I also did BA with Dr Tan YC about 1.5years ago.

I shortlisted him along with another surgeon. With his CV in intricate surgeries, I have great confidence in him.

In the end, I chose him instead of the other because:
1) I like that he respects my decision for the size that I want (cup C).
The other surgeon wanted me to get bigger (cup d) but I am not comfortable with the sizing because of my small frame.
My main aim was to fill up my breasts as they have shrunk a lot after breastfeeding my 2 kids.

2) he does not hard sell. And based on his review, he could tell me upfront that I have not much fats to graft over, hence unable to sustain. Professional yet friendly.

3) I feel very comfortable with him. He put me at ease, patient and very reassuring.

4) pricing is reasonable and venue of his clinic is convenient for me to go back for my post-op visits.

5) while there is pertinent post op advice to follow, but he is flexible as Long as I follow the principles.

Post BA (I did silicon implants), I recovered well following the advice.
My scars were fine and light.
I am a size C (cup size that I like based on my breastfeeding cup size).
The initial swelling was fine as I had very bad engorgement before from my breastfeeding period.
My Husband helped a lot with the initial carrying of my kids when i was recovering.

I was able to start doing my HIIT and strengthening workouts after clearance from Dr Tan. To be conservative, I kept my chest and upper arm workouts to the latest of all my workouts to start.

My sensation also came back fully after a few months.

And now, I do not have to worry about losing my breast size when I lose body fats with healthy diet and lifestyle.

I am really Glad that I took Dr Tan’s advice on getting implants instead of fats grafting.

My Husband also like the size and the feel of them as well.

I do recommend Dr Tan Ying Chien if you consider BA.

Hi, I would like to have breasts augmentation. I was kinda flat b4 pregnancy, but surprisingly experienced a C during my pregnancy (or mayb a full B? )
I always tho I was a B till the SA at La Senza measurement n told me I’m a A! ... so I made up my mind tat I must get an upsize. My hb is supportive as he koes how much I love to look good.
I am a runner and also an active person. I drives my kids ard daily. Anyone can recommend a surgeon that’s pro exercise aft op? I have 2 surgeon in mind: Dr Samuel Ho and Dr Colin Tham. Dr Ho was googled n Dr Tham was recommended by my gfrd.

How many surgeon you ladies consulted b4 deciding?
How Long does it takes for scheduling The op’s date?

I was a C cup during pregnancy and also breastfeed my kids, so I’m hoping to go biggest as possible.

Anyone can pm to share your views n reviews please. Thank you.

Hi, I would like to have breasts augmentation. I was kinda flat b4 pregnancy, but surprisingly experienced a C during my pregnancy (or mayb a full B? )
I always tho I was a B till the SA at La Senza measurement n told me I’m a A! ... so I made up my mind tat I must get an upsize. My hb is supportive as he koes how much I love to look good.
I am a runner and also an active person. I drives my kids ard daily. Anyone can recommend a surgeon that’s pro exercise aft op? I have 2 surgeon in mind: Dr Samuel Ho and Dr Colin Tham. Dr Ho was googled n Dr Tham was recommended by my gfrd.

How many surgeon you ladies consulted b4 deciding?
How Long does it takes for scheduling The op’s date?

I was a C cup during pregnancy and also breastfeed my kids, so I’m hoping to go biggest as possible.

Anyone can pm to share your views n reviews please. Thank you.

I was a small B before pregnancy.
Grew to a small C during both breastfeeding periods.
Eventually became a big A when breastfeeding stopped.

I consulted 2 surgeons to compare my personal experience with them, prices, post op care, and venues (especially when there were regular follow ups for post op care).

I decided on one of them (Dr Tan) after I had my first consult with the both of them each.

The scheduling of the first visit were rather fast and prompt.
Like within the week of calling the clinics.
Pretty fast.

I am not too sure what do you mean by pro-exercise after op.

For both consults with the Doctors, they would give the go ahead to do your exercises once the post op review goes well.

Dr Tan has been rather encouraging when it was due time when I could start getting back into my exercise routine.
During my first consult with him (yet to decide to do BA by him then), he shared with me and reassured me on how his active clients with BA went back to doing workouts and running.

I went back to doing light intensity workouts at end of 6 weeks, starting with focusing on leg work first.
While Dr Tan advised me not to carry my children during the first 4 weeks, simple chores like mopping floor, carrying light grocery were allowed as Long as I feel comfortable and not too swollen.

Husband was a great help with bringing me home after the op, and those hand chores during my recovery period.

For my BA, I decided cup C as I really like this size that I had during my breastfeeding periods.
Hence the post op swelling was rather comfortable for me after my op.

Hope such info helps.

I was a small B before pregnancy.
Grew to a small C during both breastfeeding periods.
Eventually became a big A when breastfeeding stopped.

I consulted 2 surgeons to compare my personal experience with them, prices, post op care, and venues (especially when there were regular follow ups for post op care).

I decided on one of them (Dr Tan) after I had my first consult with the both of them each.

The scheduling of the first visit were rather fast and prompt.
Like within the week of calling the clinics.
Pretty fast.

I am not too sure what do you mean by pro-exercise after op.

For both consults with the Doctors, they would give the go ahead to do your exercises once the post op review goes well.

Dr Tan has been rather encouraging when it was due time when I could start getting back into my exercise routine.
During my first consult with him (yet to decide to do BA by him then), he shared with me and reassured me on how his active clients with BA went back to doing workouts and running.

I went back to doing light intensity workouts at end of 6 weeks, starting with focusing on leg work first.
While Dr Tan advised me not to carry my children during the first 4 weeks, simple chores like mopping floor, carrying light grocery were allowed as Long as I feel comfortable and not too swollen.

Husband was a great help with bringing me home after the op, and those hand chores during my recovery period.

For my BA, I decided cup C as I really like this size that I had during my breastfeeding periods.
Hence the post op swelling was rather comfortable for me after my op.

Hope such info helps.

Thank you for sharing. Dr Tan is Dr Karen Tan?

Hi Elizabeth! I guess that’s very common. My hubby was also very skeptical at the beginning stage. I told him to go down for consultation with me first and make the decision later. He got convinced after 2 long consultation we had with dr shens on different days. We took sometime before deciding to proceed with the BI surgery though. Not only my husband, but even I was very skeptical about a lot of things, especially whether would it affect breastfeeding, etc. What I understood from my personal researches and also with dr shen’s explanation, silicone from the implant cannot go through the mammary glands and eventually into breast milk, hence it would not affect the breastfeeding. There are other factors dr shens was mentioning though, which to me was convincing enough to go for the procedure.

And trust me, I’m very bad at tolerating even minimum level of pain. I was very concerned about it and thats when Dr shen mentioned about this techinque but in all medical terms which I find it little difficult to explain here haha… If I remember correctly, at the start of the procedure, there is some nerve block that he uses which is pretty awesome in controlling pain relief and this is his own technique and only available in his clinic.

About getting back to work - I took a week off post surgery, but the nurses told me that I can go back to work after 2nd or 3rd day. I had very little struggle on the waterproof dressing first 3-4 days but other than that I was pretty good.

On how is Dr Shens like? I personally found him very friendly and both me and my husband felt very comfortable talking to him. He is very approachable. I reached him over the phone call myself couple of times after the consultation and he was patient enough to walk me through with all my concerns.

And yes they take credit card instalment too… I hope I answered all your questions… If you ask me, I’d recommend you to go consult with dr shen as you might have plenty of questions and I believe he will help you out with all your concerns. You’d then catch up from there yourself :)

Thank you for your invaluable comment and information.
I have a complex situation and I don't know how to choose from different options, I hope somebody helps me to make a better decision.
I can stay in Singapore and doing my breast augmentation surgery with Dr Shens or I can go to Iran and visit one of my old friends and doing my surgery there.
My friend told me doctors and hospitals have a good quality in there and if I do my breast aug surgery there it would save me lots of money. I don't know whether it's the right decision or not?
If I go there I can see my old friend and sightsee a new country for a few days and do my surgery with lower cost If I stay here I don't have any risk but I should pay its price.
do you have any friend who went abroad for plastic or cosmetic surgery? have they had a good experience?

Hi vv1605,

I’ve just did fat grafting to my bust with fats lipo from my thighs and butt. To be honest, u are pretty much in the same situation as me in terms of our body shape-Pear shaped, fats mainly in thighs and butt area. My B busts deflated after 2 rounds of breastfeeding that lasted 12-18mths each. My kiddos sucked the life out of em.

I’ve nvr considered implants as I din want any foreign. I want my body to be as organic as possible.

I’d considered overseas options too but seeing that the costs difference aint significant and I worry about post-surgery care so I decided to concentrate my findings for Singapore instead. Was at a dead end as I realise that most reviews for the popular clinics doesn’t seem genuine(IMHO) but finally saw 1 review on Dream Plastic Surgery and I decided to take the plunge.

So after I decided on Dream, my next problem was deciding on which surgeon to go for? I called the clinic for their recommendation and as expected, they can’t recommend me, so I was told to read the docs profile in their website & then call back for an appt.

I combed the net for info on Dr Yeow & Dr Por and both seem equally good with impressive creds but I eventually decided to see Dr Por coz he seems more kindly-brotherly figure to me.

I had my consultation end of Mar and I decided to have surgery done ASAP coz I can’t stand my deflated boobs and also I’m the kind that once decided to do something, I wanna do it immediately.

Dr Por was a calming sort of figure. Down to earth and matter of factly was the feeling he gave him. He’s not the PR type of Doctors (if u know wat I mean) and I feel assured with him.

I’m not the kind of patient who asks alot of questions as basically I’ve done a lot of read ups prior to this appt. I just wanted to know wat “upsize” I’ll be expecting and the costs involved and of coz I needed to feel comfortable and confident with my surgeon. So, Dr Por met all my expectations.

I was given some Med and anti-bruise supplement to take before the day of surgery. I stopped eating and drinking after dinner the night before surgery.

I think my surgery took bout 3-4hrs. Start 930-10am & I rem seeing the time as 1+ when I awoke. But, I felt tired still so I went back to sleep. Woke up ard 2ish and requested to leave as I felt alright then. I finally left the clinic ard 3 ( after changing back into my own clothings). Other than feeling sore and heavy on my boobs and lower body, I felt great otherwise. I walked over to Taka to buy some food and drinks and then went home.

Tbh, I’m very blessed to have a wonderful post-recovery. It’s really not as bad as I expected (after reading all the online reviews of mostly Ang Mohs). I only took painkillers for the 1st 2 nights so that I can sleep early and thru to aid recovery (my own idea hahaha). Other than that, the pain or rather soreness was rather manageable for me. As in, I resume almost all my daily activities which include work, ferrying my children (I drive) and light cooking. Plus I did it without my hubby knowing as he was outstation for 2 weeks so i wanted to be better before he’s back.

All in all, I think the bruises dispersed within 10-14days, boobs were back to almost normal feeling within 2 weeks or 3 weeks. I can’t rem. I’m 5 weeks post op now and I’m back to my regular lifestyle.

Please pm me if u wanna c some photos. I’m open for sharing. Personally, I’ll encourage u to go for it as I’m so pleased with the results. The team at Dream is really awesome too! The Nurses, Therapists, even the anaesthetic doc Dr David Tan who administers the sleeping potion to me, he’s so friendly and full of humour. Basically, the team made me feel at ease on the day of surgery up till the moment I concuss on the op table.

There’s too much to share. But, I’ll surely share my experience so feel free to pm me if u wanna more info as I’ve been thru this as I can’t get genuine information or reviews detailed enough as I tink Singaporeans or asians are generally more reserved in sharing therefore I had to rely on a lot of reviews based overseas in RealSelf.

Best of luck in your journey

Hi ladies

I have been following this thread for a while. I have been thinking about doing fat transfer or fat grafting to my breasts for the past year but I just cannot decide who to go to in Singapore.

My friend went for an implant instead and she told me she did it behind the muscle so as to look more natural. It was extremely painful for her, even riding in the car, the vibration from the ride will make her shout and cry in pain. She only fully recovered after 3 months. She said some men can feel the difference but some won’t know the difference. I am concern about the pain and decided that the least painful BA should be fat transfer. Also, I think it won’t be that unnatural for touch. My husband said a big no to implants but he will support me if it is a fat transfer.

I am athletic, my fat deposits are mainly at the butt and thighs. Long distance running every other day doesn’t seem to slim my thighs and butt. Worst, my breasts are the first thing to lose fats when I run. So I’m kinda pear shaped which makes it difficult for me to buy clothes or look good in them.

I didn’t seem to be able to google informative reviews on Dr Vincent and Dr Por from Dream Plastic. Anyone has anything to say about them?

Does anyone have good experience about fat transfer for BA? Can you PM me? Appreciate it.

I had A MINUS cup and always wanted to have bigger breasts since my 20s so I can look good in my clothes, thus always been curious about breasts augmentations. But from past conversations with friends and watching some programs (especially the Taiwanese ones), the indescribable pain they shared always stopped me.

But I always know I will want to do it locally if I ever want to do this because I feel that it is such a major surgery, in case of any complications. Someone I know, finally did a breast augmentation surgery locally, and shared how painless it was for her, that inspired me to find out more!

I consulted her doctor first but did not feel comfortable. He is highly recommended by even other doctors and so quite famous. I googled for reviews and, if you made it to this website, it will probably be the same names/clinics coming up. I made 3 other appointments - Dr Colin Tham from Colin Tham, Dr Samuel Ho from Allure and Dr YC Tan from SW1. I did not consult Dr Shens from Shens clinic as I read some bad reviews online.

It was a really tough decision as all 3 was equally good in their pitch. I decided to proceed with Dr YC Tan from SW1, (because all 3 doctors are equally accomplished and very friendly, I based my decision on other factors) one of the reason being the really nice nurse Peggy, who made me felt really assuring. Another is the technology they use to image the body after the procedure. Honestly, it was still very hard to imagine how my body will be like (**the old school method where they make you wear the implants in a bra is still a good idea to have a rough feel on how it would be), but if they are willing to invest in advance technology, I feel that their theatre will be as well-equipped. Lastly, is how insanely nice the clinic was!

**I wanted to share on the before-and-after-feel of "wearing the implants in a bra". In case you are going for a doctor that uses this method and wondering if the end product feels the same. I tried it at one of the clinic's consultation and I find that it was a good way to gauge bodily how it would look and feel like. When I tried it, it felt heavy and I was worried about the weight. But now that I have it in my body, it does not feel as heavy as it did when I "wore" it.

All 3 doctors highlighted the risks involved clearly. There are definitely risks involved for any surgery, and particular risks to the respective surgeries to be done. It is really up to individual to weigh this for themselves.

I was also very surprised to know that breast augmentation is a day surgery. I always thought I need days in hospital. This also shows how minor this surgery can be these days. Throughout the process this far, I also realised other points to consider which doctor to go for is what type of implants, where to put the implant through and how wide the cut should be. With the 4 doctors I met and online research, I decided to go for mentor implants, under-boob cut and length of cut is not a consideration to me because I want the implants to be placed best without the doctor's restriction on length of cut.

Next tough decision was the size to go for. I was worried everyone will know I had done a boob job and be the talk of the town, so wanted to do a full B at max. After chatting with the doctors, I realised they don't exactly go by cup size but by volume. And volume will differ as it adds on to what you have. So if you have some boobs originally, the volume might be smaller to achieve the size you want. After consulting the few doctors, their recommendation was average at 400cc because I am tall, so it will look natural. There was also the projection and the height of the implants to consider (as implants are 3D). It was hard to imagine how it will be on myself still because I did not know what cup this was and for some reason I did not clearly ask the doctor too, maybe because they kept advising me based on volume.

SW1 is using the 3D system where they take a photo of your body and allow you to try all the different sizes (by volume, by height, by projection). This allowed me to understand better on what the doctor mean by height and projection as I always thought is just one thing - size.

I finalised at 410cc with height and projection suggested by Dr Tan (based on chest measurement) because I have no clue on whats what. I suddenly did have boob greed and wanted bigger. But he maintained that 410cc will look best on me without looking fake.

One of my key fear is pain. Dr Tan advised that the first day feels like I had done 500 push-ups kind of chest soreness, and it will go down from there. I do exercise and know how soreness is like and feel that it sounded manageable.

Fast forward to day of operation, I was extremely nervous. But I felt really assured and comfortable after I arrived at the clinic. The nurses were very professional and friendly. They must be doing this day-in-day-out, yet they made me feel like it is an important day for me and not just another patient. The efficiency was impressive and I fell "asleep" midway chatting with Dr Tan about music. Next thing I know, I woke up with 2 nurses in a glass room facing my resting room. This is very important because I had a another surgery long time ago and I remembered I woke up struggling to find help. The nurses came in to check how I was feeling and assured me everything went well. I did not feel any pain when I woke, just tightness around my chest as it was binded. I did not dare to touch my boobs but it felt hard. They guided me on the chest exercises (raise arms and pull arms back to stretch the chest muscles) I need to do, and ok, this was really painful. The feeling is similar to when I did my gym leg exercises and I had to climb stairs after, the soreness kind of pain (I don't really do push-ups or chest exercises and so I wasn't able to relate to 500 push-ups soreness).

I arrived at clinic at 8am and left at 2pm. For the first day, any movement to my chest area (ie when we crossed the hump in the car) caused this incredible soreness pain. I needed to do the chest exercises every hour for next few days. It was really a torture on first day. But second day was better, and by third day I was feeling back to normal.

I had to wear the binding cloth to push my boobs lower for a few weeks. I was initially excited that I can save time/effort/detergent on laundry as I would not be able to wear bras for few months. But this laundry happiness was short-lived as I realised how insecure I was with my nipples exposed. And my nipples became hyper-sensitive, which made it hard to use nipple tape. So I wore a thin bralette, which was still nice as I no longer need my super padded push-up bras.

I was given a mobile number that I could call or message any time I had any issue. I was given all the review dates and it all went well.

It's been almost a year since I did the surgery. My hard boobs from day one has soften much, and I understand that it will still continue to soften. The sensation to my bottom half of my boobs is still weak (as Dr Tan did explain before too, it feels like you touching your skin with a tissue on top), but I expect it to recover in time to come as it was totally numb after the surgery. I am now a D cup, but it is not the D cup I thought I will look to be. I always thought D cup will be very in your face, but honestly, it is not. There's one thing I also realised through all these are, implants will not be soft like fats in real breasts, so there is no "jiggly" breasts when you move. It is firmer and perkier, which is good in its own way as it does not sag. And to create a deep cleavage (for now), I need to use the stick-on bras to push it together.

Only close friends I tell, know that I have done the surgery. Even my own family does not know (maybe because I wear T-shirts at home and not singlets that exposed too much). We even had a formal family event where I wore a low-cut dress, but I guess before this, I always wear super padded push-up bras for my fake cleavages and thus, the illusion of my boobs was there. But it also shows how natural and suitable the breast augmentation went. The only joke I say whenever I see Dr Tan now when I see him for the reviews is, I should have gone for bigger. I am really happy to have my "natural" breasts that looks good in bikini (side boobs!) and everything I wear without bras now! :)

So if you are reading this and considering the surgery, I will say go for it. But do your own research and meet with a few doctors to decide who to go for. If you are torn between the doctors, I will really like to recommend Dr Tan based on my great experience above.

Last edited:
Hi mommies, just shared my experience with various doctors in another thread https://singaporemotherhood.com/for...rgeon-in-singapore.232979/page-2#post-8689713

But most of all I want to share about how I did BA with fillers with a terrible doctor after breastfeeding 3 kids few years back and those gave me an infection and many pain which my then doctor was avoiding seeing me (and even blocked me! Story in link above) that I eventually have to removed my breasts when I finally found someone through this forum's review who knew what he is talking about.

Since that bad experience of BA and more importantly the doctor, I made sure I meet up with many doctors to see how they are like. And their staff usually are very telling too. I met up with many breast surgeons and doctors and after on aesthetic surgeon saw me for free and brought up fat grafting, I found this forum.

I made appointments with some of the doctors mentioned here and then I realised Dr Tan from SW1 was the only one who knew what my condition was and had experience with it. But by then, because the time wasted by my 1st doctor I was in a very bad condition. But Dr Tan was reassuring, and his approach was similar to mine, solve the problem and pain first, and we talk about BA later and if it was necessary. The crew were amazing, thanks peggy, germaine, anni and adeline!

I was not keen to go BA again, but Dr Tan was very matter-of-fact, and left the choice up to me for months. The previous doctor was asking if I wanted a facelift during my very first follow-up check ups!

Eventually I made the decision to go ahead since it does good things for self image and condidence, and was pleased with the results and aftercare. So choose your doctors wisely. And if you are experiencing pain with fillers, do not let your doctors tell you it is ok, get them removed at a doctor who knows what he is doing and have experience with it.

Hi all,

I recently had consultations with both Dr. Shens and Dr Tan from SW1. Anyone had done BA with either of them and can share their experiences? I’m currently deciding who to go with.

Hi ladies

I am considering BA or fat transfer too. My cousin had implants placed on top or muscle and according to her didn’t have much pain after surgery. Results look very natural and soft, that’s why I’m considering too lol. Not heard much about dream clinic.

Hi fellow mummies

I went Shens Clinic for a consultation and dilemma whether to go for Mentor Round Implants or Motiva Ergonomic Implants.

Mentor Round Implants | Motiva Ergonomic Implants
\Round implants | Combination of teardrop + round shape.
\Fuller at the top, softer | Gel able to flow according to body posture

Motiva Ergonomic Implants
5d052627-9f6e-4d89-ade2-9aa409dc939d.jpg

Mentor Round Implants
bc9385cc-eb7e-4f28-903c-5af005d0fece.jpg

After breastfeeding and losing the postpartum weight, my concern is the loss of volume at the top however I lead an active lifestyle and exercise daily, I need to look natural (seen ladies with high stiff top especially when they lay down).

5dbde5c1-7652-49b1-83b5-3827d96e5e37.jpg

T-Shirt Fitting in their Motiva Imaginative Centre

aa61dde9-80bf-4aa2-9482-5dd277a8e891.jpg

Dr Shens recommended me to take Motiva ERSD 320 based on my chest width which is proportionate to my arms and waist. It looks fuller on the top with the "lifting" effect so that I can look better in clothes.

However I am in a dilemma whether to take Motiva Ergonomic or Round implants. Any mummies has similar experience to share? Like to seek more opinions before I decide on the type of implants.

Hi fellow mummies

I went Shens Clinic for a consultation and dilemma whether to go for Mentor Round Implants or Motiva Ergonomic Implants.

View attachment 713097

Mentor Round Implants
View attachment 713098

After breastfeeding and losing the postpartum weight, my concern is the loss of volume at the top however I lead an active lifestyle and exercise daily, I need to look natural (seen ladies with high stiff top especially when they lay down).

View attachment 713099

View attachment 713100

Dr Shens recommended me to take Motiva ERSD 320 based on my chest width which is proportionate to my arms and waist. It looks fuller on the top with the "lifting" effect so that I can look better in clothes.

However I am in a dilemma whether to take Motiva Ergonomic or Round implants. Any mummies has similar experience to share? Like to seek more opinions before I decide on the type of implants.

Suggest you ask for Dr Shens' assessment on the risk of Breast Implant Associated Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma (BIA-ALCL) with textured implants before picking the ergonomic ones.

I had A MINUS cup and always wanted to have bigger breasts since my 20s so I can look good in my clothes, thus always been curious about breasts augmentations. But from past conversations with friends and watching some programs (especially the Taiwanese ones), the indescribable pain they shared always stopped me.

But I always know I will want to do it locally if I ever want to do this because I feel that it is such a major surgery, in case of any complications. Someone I know, finally did a breast augmentation surgery locally, and shared how painless it was for her, that inspired me to find out more!

I consulted her doctor first but did not feel comfortable. He is highly recommended by even other doctors and so quite famous. I googled for reviews and, if you made it to this website, it will probably be the same names/clinics coming up. I made 3 other appointments - Dr Colin Tham from Colin Tham, Dr Samuel Ho from Allure and Dr YC Tan from SW1. I did not consult Dr Shens from Shens clinic as I read some bad reviews online.

It was a really tough decision as all 3 was equally good in their pitch. I decided to proceed with Dr YC Tan from SW1, (because all 3 doctors are equally accomplished and very friendly, I based my decision on other factors) one of the reason being the really nice nurse Peggy, who made me felt really assuring. Another is the technology they use to image the body after the procedure. Honestly, it was still very hard to imagine how my body will be like (**the old school method where they make you wear the implants in a bra is still a good idea to have a rough feel on how it would be), but if they are willing to invest in advance technology, I feel that their theatre will be as well-equipped. Lastly, is how insanely nice the clinic was!

**I wanted to share on the before-and-after-feel of "wearing the implants in a bra". In case you are going for a doctor that uses this method and wondering if the end product feels the same. I tried it at one of the clinic's consultation and I find that it was a good way to gauge bodily how it would look and feel like. When I tried it, it felt heavy and I was worried about the weight. But now that I have it in my body, it does not feel as heavy as it did when I "wore" it.

All 3 doctors highlighted the risks involved clearly. There are definitely risks involved for any surgery, and particular risks to the respective surgeries to be done. It is really up to individual to weigh this for themselves.

I was also very surprised to know that breast augmentation is a day surgery. I always thought I need days in hospital. This also shows how minor this surgery can be these days. Throughout the process this far, I also realised other points to consider which doctor to go for is what type of implants, where to put the implant through and how wide the cut should be. With the 4 doctors I met and online research, I decided to go for mentor implants, under-boob cut and length of cut is not a consideration to me because I want the implants to be placed best without the doctor's restriction on length of cut.

Next tough decision was the size to go for. I was worried everyone will know I had done a boob job and be the talk of the town, so wanted to do a full B at max. After chatting with the doctors, I realised they don't exactly go by cup size but by volume. And volume will differ as it adds on to what you have. So if you have some boobs originally, the volume might be smaller to achieve the size you want. After consulting the few doctors, their recommendation was average at 400cc because I am tall, so it will look natural. There was also the projection and the height of the implants to consider (as implants are 3D). It was hard to imagine how it will be on myself still because I did not know what cup this was and for some reason I did not clearly ask the doctor too, maybe because they kept advising me based on volume.

SW1 is using the 3D system where they take a photo of your body and allow you to try all the different sizes (by volume, by height, by projection). This allowed me to understand better on what the doctor mean by height and projection as I always thought is just one thing - size.

I finalised at 410cc with height and projection suggested by Dr Tan (based on chest measurement) because I have no clue on whats what. I suddenly did have boob greed and wanted bigger. But he maintained that 410cc will look best on me without looking fake.

One of my key fear is pain. Dr Tan advised that the first day feels like I had done 500 push-ups kind of chest soreness, and it will go down from there. I do exercise and know how soreness is like and feel that it sounded manageable.

Fast forward to day of operation, I was extremely nervous. But I felt really assured and comfortable after I arrived at the clinic. The nurses were very professional and friendly. They must be doing this day-in-day-out, yet they made me feel like it is an important day for me and not just another patient. The efficiency was impressive and I fell "asleep" midway chatting with Dr Tan about music. Next thing I know, I woke up with 2 nurses in a glass room facing my resting room. This is very important because I had a another surgery long time ago and I remembered I woke up struggling to find help. The nurses came in to check how I was feeling and assured me everything went well. I did not feel any pain when I woke, just tightness around my chest as it was binded. I did not dare to touch my boobs but it felt hard. They guided me on the chest exercises (raise arms and pull arms back to stretch the chest muscles) I need to do, and ok, this was really painful. The feeling is similar to when I did my gym leg exercises and I had to climb stairs after, the soreness kind of pain (I don't really do push-ups or chest exercises and so I wasn't able to relate to 500 push-ups soreness).

I arrived at clinic at 8am and left at 2pm. For the first day, any movement to my chest area (ie when we crossed the hump in the car) caused this incredible soreness pain. I needed to do the chest exercises every hour for next few days. It was really a torture on first day. But second day was better, and by third day I was feeling back to normal.

I had to wear the binding cloth to push my boobs lower for a few weeks. I was initially excited that I can save time/effort/detergent on laundry as I would not be able to wear bras for few months. But this laundry happiness was short-lived as I realised how insecure I was with my nipples exposed. And my nipples became hyper-sensitive, which made it hard to use nipple tape. So I wore a thin bralette, which was still nice as I no longer need my super padded push-up bras.

I was given a mobile number that I could call or message any time I had any issue. I was given all the review dates and it all went well.

It's been almost a year since I did the surgery. My hard boobs from day one has soften much, and I understand that it will still continue to soften. The sensation to my bottom half of my boobs is still weak (as Dr Tan did explain before too, it feels like you touching your skin with a tissue on top), but I expect it to recover in time to come as it was totally numb after the surgery. I am now a D cup, but it is not the D cup I thought I will look to be. I always thought D cup will be very in your face, but honestly, it is not. There's one thing I also realised through all these are, implants will not be soft like fats in real breasts, so there is no "jiggly" breasts when you move. It is firmer and perkier, which is good in its own way as it does not sag. And to create a deep cleavage (for now), I need to use the stick-on bras to push it together.

Only close friends I tell, know that I have done the surgery. Even my own family does not know (maybe because I wear T-shirts at home and not singlets that exposed too much). We even had a formal family event where I wore a low-cut dress, but I guess before this, I always wear super padded push-up bras for my fake cleavages and thus, the illusion of my boobs was there. But it also shows how natural and suitable the breast augmentation went. The only joke I say whenever I see Dr Tan now when I see him for the reviews is, I should have gone for bigger. I am really happy to have my "natural" breasts that looks good in bikini (side boobs!) and everything I wear without bras now! :)

So if you are reading this and considering the surgery, I will say go for it. But do your own research and meet with a few doctors to decide who to go for. If you are torn between the doctors, I will really like to recommend Dr Tan based on my great experience above.

Thanks @missc. Really nice detailed review. What brand of implants did you have?

I had my revision BA done a few months ago. I found my previous implants (from 8 years ago) too big and also wanted perkier breasts. Did my research that Dr Chia Hui Ling specializes in breast cosmetic and reconstruction surgeries. During the consult, she was very warm and took time to explain things, and also very thorough in checking and measuring me. What I like was that she advised me about breast screening and how that the breast health of her clients is also very important to her. She changed my implants to smaller Motiva implants and did a lift at the same time. During the recovery, there was no pain! I was so pleasantly shocked because after my first BA I could barely move for a few days. Dr Chia told me that it’s because second surgery usually hurts less. I like how she is honest, rather than just take credit for it. I’m very very happy with the results. My breast shape is more perky and although I downsized my implants, I actually have a nicer cleavage now. I am very thankful to Dr Chia.

Hi

Are you going for natural look? If so, You might want to choose Motiva Implant unless you want a fuller top. I opt for the natural C cup, Motiva, scar recover well, hardly visible. Even my partner can't tell that they are implants.

36738e7e-bee4-4483-9e3f-8ff5f4d5c8d9.jpg

Hi fellow mummies

View attachment 713097

Mentor Round Implants
View attachment 713098

View attachment 713099

View attachment 713100

Dr Shens no longer uses Mentor textured implants, that's why I choose Motiva implants with the silk surface. I will actually suggest you to make a trip down to feel the implants yourself, then u will understand what I mean.

Suggest you ask for Dr Shens' assessment on the risk of Breast Implant Associated Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma (BIA-ALCL) with textured implants before picking the ergonomic ones.

Did anyone did BA under any of these doctors? Would like some opinion of the BA that you've done....

I had a breast augmentation with Dr Colin Tham,

I like to think that my pain tolerance is pretty high because others said that it would be painful.
I noticed that my boobs themselves are still very firm and solid stiff, but give it some time it will settle down, that is normal by the way. I feel that my breasts are better and more relaxed after a week.

I was asking around and most of the people are recommending Dr Colin Tham. Since he also pioneered the acclaimed VASER Hi-Dep Liposculpture. And his ba has better price range than others

Last edited:
Hi

Are you going for natural look? If so, You might want to choose Motiva Implant unless you want a fuller top. I opt for the natural C cup, Motiva, scar recover well, hardly visible. Even my partner can't tell that they are implants.

View attachment 714142

Babe,do you have any fats injected for a fuller top? Your top look quite full. Dr Shens suggested me to add fats for a full C cup, I am seeking for more opinions before I decide.

Babe,do you have any fats injected for a fuller top? Your top look quite full. Dr Shens suggested me to add fats for a full C cup, I am seeking for more opinions before I decide.

I never add fats as there's still volume on my top, but for the ladies who's "bony" on the top might want to opt for mentor round implants instead.

Hi, has any mothers here done a nipple reduction surgery in Singapore before? After breastfeeding 2 kids, mine are now big and droopy. Am tempted to go for a reduction surgery but not sure how pricey is the procedure and how easy/troublesome is the aftercare, and whether nipples will lose sensation after surgery? Would appreciate if anyone who has done similar surgery can advice. Thanks!

Hi Ladies I’m new here, Just placed a deposit with dr Shen for the motiva implant would like to know if any ladies did with him and how do ur feel?

Hi guys, I would like to share my experience since this forum has helped me a lot in my journey.

Based on what I’ve read here, I decided to consult Dr Tan YC from SW1 for Breast Augmentation and never looked back since.

He was exactly what the ladies have described here, genuine, honest, caring, and what I truly think made him a class above the rest of the PS I’ve consulted on is, he really cares about what you want to achieve and what is realistically possible from the surgery, so he looks at what your problem areas are, what results you want to achieve, and thinks of all possible solutions and takes his time explaining to you each process and outcome. He understands each individual is different and explains to me why he recommends a certain size and procedure as compared to others.

It’s been a few months since I’ve had the BA surgery and the outcome is even better than I’ve expected. Not only is my saggy breasts from breastfeeding much more perky and lifted now, it also looks natural. I remember Dr Tan always reminding me that it’s important to look natural and not just go big to lift up breasts and I’m glad to have followed his advice.

And what makes the experience even more wonderful is, he remains as committed even during the post-care. Every post review session that i’ve gone to, he is patient and shows the same attitude to prior the surgery. He will recommend the right bra and activities during the recovery period to ensure the scar recovers well and ensure you get the best results from the BA.

SW1 truly has a good team of nurses. Phyllis has been outstanding, making me feel really comfortable and assured. She’s just a whatsapp away whenever I have questions. I truly am blessed to meet this team. Hopefully this will help all of you who are considering BA as I know there’s so many things to consider before making this decision.

Hi Ladies,

I have just done my BA in Jan 2020 with Dr Tan YC from SW1 clinic and I would like to share my personal experience in this journey. (not paid advertisment).

I was very nervous when I went for my first consultation with Dr Tan but he was very assuring and he took the extra mile to listen to me and understand what I want and my expectations.
They took my detailed measurement and did a 3D scanning for me. He recommended me to take Motiva.
He proposed 2 sizes and showed me via the 3D imaging and he chose a size which he was confident that it will look good on me without looking fake. I was very pleased and made the deposit on the same day. The nurses gave me a phone number whereby I could text them anytime (24/7) and they would do their best to reply me as soon as they can.

The op was scheduled for 1 month later.
I was really nervous and scared. I did a lot of research and reading everyday. Every now and then when I googled something (e.g complications of BA, wrong size selected (too big or too small), I would whatsapp the clinic for Dr Tan's advise.
The nurses would fix an appointment for me to see Dr Tan so that he could answer all my queries.
I can't remember the number of times fear and doubts ran through my mind and I had to see Dr Tan for his advice and reassurance.
He was always so patient, attentive and genuine.

The day finally arrived. I was very anxious and was praying in my every second that things will go well.
I rem that I "dozed off" while listening to Dr Tan spoke about how much he love Jacky Cheung.
The op was done in 1 hour and 5 mins. I woke up and I couldn't feel anything except being sleepy as the anaesthesia had not wore off.
After an hour of sleep, I was able to change and head home.
The day went well and I was very pleased with my "enhanced breast".
The muscle ache and back ache came on the very night and it lasted me for a few nights.
The back ache drove me crazy and I had difficulty sleeping. It was really bad I have very low tolerance for pain.
I wahtsapp the nurses every now and then thinking that its abnormal but they assured me that the things I was going through was normal.

Throughout my follow-up reviews with Dr Tan, he would explain to me on how my breast would drop and fluff, what to expect, estimated timeline on when it might happen etc.
The entire journey is very pleasant.

I'm into my 2nd month and I am very very pleased with the results.
It turned out better than what I had expected.
No regrets in getting my BA done.
No regrets in getting Dr Tan to do my BA.
The entire team (especially Phyllis) had been really helpful, supportive and encouraging.

Last edited:
I've met Colin Tham. I had a consultation with him about getting my nose and breasts a few months ago, and he was really nice and easy to talk to. Now i'm really considering getting the procedure. any idea what to expect?

Hi Ladies, I am considering fats transfer to breast with Dr Tan from SW1. Anyone knows if they accept payment by installments, interest rate free?

Hi Ladies, I am considering fats transfer to breast with Dr Tan from SW1. Anyone knows if they accept payment by installments, interest rate free?
Hi, the last time i went for a consult there ( for something else) the nurse mentioned dbs/posb 6 mths interest free.... not sure if that has changed.

Hope my review here will help other mums with their decisions. I am very happy with my BA experience with Dr Chia Hui Ling. My op was 6 months back with Motiva implants. I was considering between fat transfer or BA, in the end I chose BA. At consultation, Dr Chia showed me some slides on implants and “after” photos of BA. I also did the 3D scan thingy to test out different implant sizes. I just felt confident at that point to book my surgery with Dr Chia because she has nice results that I want and she is genuine and very detailed in how she does things.

Before the surgery, her clinic responded very promptly whenever I WA her clinic, really grateful for that. On surgery day, I arrived early morning and Dr Chia drew some planning on me first and I also got to meet the anesthesiologist, who gave me a drip. I was quite anxious because I never “went under” but the next thing I know was waking up and the op is done. Remembered feeling tight at the breasts when I move my arms but no pain (phew!). My breasts felt swollen and tight next few days but thankfully that went off quite soon.

I did feel my breasts felt very firm after surgery but as Dr Chia promised, it became softer. I was given a list of instructions to follow and have to wear her special bra, which she was very particular about it. I REALLY love my new breasts, the shape is full of and natural, feels soft too. After breastfeeding my breasts became very deflated. I’m sure mummies can relate to how bras become ill-fitting and feel hollow on the top - very depressing. I wanted to do something for myself, this surgery really did something amazing for me. The clinic staff did suggest to write a review if I feel they have done well, at my own will. Everything here is my very own honest opinion. I also posted this on another thread. I really want to give a big thanks to Dr Chia and her wonderful team.

Ladies, I am here to do a review about my 3 months post op Motiva Ergonomix® with Dr Tan in SW1 which i am very satisfied with. The story goes like this:

Im skinny build and had my previous 7 years BA implants removed in 2019 due to some rippling look, initially I decided to not replace & stayed with my natural AA cup. But things do not go nicely as what i had planned due to my outfit, realising having A cup can't fit into all my beautiful tops without padded bra, resulting searching for my second BA 3 months later.

I went to Dream clinic for a consultation before SW1 and Dr Tan made me feel comfortable with him, his friendly character made me feel so warm, I instantly felt the assurance from him, knowing he is a doctor who knows what he wants out of his subject like a piece of art. Naturally, I paid 50% which is $6k plus for the deposit that day after the whole 3D image scan and prediction for my size.

Dr Tan and I mutually decided on 325cc moderate plus ergonomix, he told me this softness of the gel technology will never cause any rippling at the side, cause my previous BA has a little rippling on one side. When I asked about adding fats to increase the natural look of my BA, he rejected me instantly, telling me that even if he were to do it for me after I gain my fats, it will not sustain for long, so he would rather not do it for me. I do appreciate his honesty, because some doctor told me he was able to try it out.

Before my operation, I was put under GA and without any feeling, i woke up with my BA completed, i must say the GA doctor is very experienced as well because usually i would have nausea. Their whole team is very caring and the bed is very comfortable. I would give them 8/10 over their hospitality.

today is the 3rd month of post op, i'm really satisfied with my results. Even though i know i might need to wait 3 more months for it to fluff furthermore, but the size just fits my frame and height. There's no complications till now, so I believe I'm safe with all sensation intact. He did highlight to me that i should not watch youtube and follow some influencer post BA massage, cause Motiva do not need massage at all. What I had to do for post op is just some stretching. Well I might be too impatient for it to fluffy and drop. Anyway, if you are thinking of doing a BA, I highly suggest Dr Tan in SW1. For me I had done some other procedure with him which I am very satisfied with, I might not share here as this is not the thread for it.

All I could say is that Dr Tan has an eye for natural beauty. If not PS results that make you beautiful but yet not natural is a total failure to me, our vision is aligned and he is my doctor. Anyway I hope these reviews are able to assist those mummies or flat chest ladies with some confidence boost in terms of choosing their Doctor, and i would like to prove my gratitude towards Dr Tan as well. Stay beautiful Ladies~

Last edited:
Hi Ladies,

I did my BA with Dr Shens awhile back and my experience was quite a terrible one. From consultation, to appointments, to after surgery care. Too many upsetting incidents.. Too many to mention in one post..

Will be sharing my post surgery experience first...

Went back to the clinic for a review one day after the surgery. Dr Shens checked if I was doing ok and took a look at my breast. After ensuring I was well, he reminded me not to don’t lift anything heavy and make sure my dressing stays dry.

No list of Dos and Don’ts, did not advice on how I should sleep - sitting up right or not. NOTHING AT ALL. I did not bother to ask them anyway because I am really too upset with the whole procedure and I wanted to see if they would feed me information without me asking. Seems like it doesn’t work this way.. They did not even tell me when I need to go back for reviews. ‍

Anyway, slightly over 2 weeks after the BA, I made an appointment with them to change my dressing because it came off. Upon arriving, the nurse (she’s a very nice nurse. Assuring me that all will be ok and helped me keep calm before I had my surgery) brought me to one of the treatment room to help me with the dressing. Just as she was about to start removing my dressing, she decided to go to the recep to check my surgery date and came back asking why did I not make my appointment for my 2 weeks review and said that I no longer need the dressing. I was shocked to hear that because NO ONE TOLD ME TO COME BACK FOR A 2 WEEK REVIEW NOR ASK ME TO COME BACK TO REMOVE MY DRESSING. I was expecting them to call me back for a one month review. I told the nurse no one told me anything after the surgery, nothing about the review as well. Dr Shens came in shortly and took a quick look at my breast. I have also highlighted to him that my breast looks asymmetrical - one side has side boob and one side doesn’t and he touched the sides of my breast and just brush my off my concern and pointed to the top part of my chest and saying “this is your muscle, give more time to relax and your breast will drop and look more natural. The final look of your breast will be 3 months after the BA” - Clearly not addressing my concern. ‍

Left the clinic with a 85$ scar gel, feeling puzzled and regretting my decision of doing my BA with them.

I will be seeing him soon for another review and hope to speak to him about my bad experience with his clinic before I post my upsetting pre surgery experience here - just wanna clarify if there’s any misunderstanding before posting it here.

Sharing my experience it here because I really hope no one will experience whatever I have went through.

BA is huge investment and I hope the other ladies doing their research will benefit from this post and make wiser decisions when choosing a clinic/doc.

Hi Ladies,

I did my BA with Dr Shens awhile back and my experience was quite a terrible one. From consultation, to appointments, to after surgery care. Too many upsetting incidents.. Too many to mention in one post..

Went back to the clinic for a review one day after the surgery. Dr Shens checked if I was doing ok and took a look at my breast. After ensuring I was well, he reminded me not to don’t lift anything heavy and make sure my dressing stays dry.

No list of Dos and Don’ts, did not advice on how I should sleep - sitting up right or not. NOTHING AT ALL. I did not bother to ask them anyway because I am really too upset with the whole procedure and I wanted to see if they would feed me information without me asking. Seems like it doesn’t work this way.. They did not even tell me when I need to go back for reviews. ‍

Anyway, slightly over 2 weeks after the BA, I made an appointment with them to change my dressing because it came off. Upon arriving, the nurse (she’s a very nice nurse. Assuring me that all will be ok and helped me keep calm before I had my surgery) brought me to one of the treatment room to help me with the dressing. Just as she was about to start removing my dressing, she decided to go to the recep to check my surgery date and came back asking why did I not make my appointment for my 2 weeks review and said that I no longer need the dressing. I was shocked to hear that because NO ONE TOLD ME TO COME BACK FOR A 2 WEEK REVIEW NOR ASK ME TO COME BACK TO REMOVE MY DRESSING. I was expecting them to call me back for a one month review. I told the nurse no one told me anything after the surgery, nothing about the review as well. Dr Shens came in shortly and took a quick look at my breast. I have also highlighted to him that my breast looks asymmetrical - one side has side boob and one side doesn’t and he touched the sides of my breast and just brush my off my concern and pointed to the top part of my chest and saying “this is your muscle, give more time to relax and your breast will drop and look more natural. The final look of your breast will be 3 months after the BA” - Clearly not addressing my concern. ‍

Left the clinic with a 85$ scar gel, feeling puzzled and regretting my decision of doing my BA with them.

I will be seeing him soon for another review and hope to speak to him about my bad experience with his clinic before I post my upsetting pre surgery experience here - just wanna clarify if there’s any misunderstanding before posting it here.

Sharing my experience it here because I really hope no one will experience whatever I have went through.

BA is huge investment and I hope the other ladies doing their research will benefit from this post and make wiser decisions when choosing a clinic/doc.

Hi @Becca.Q

I also did my breast augmentation with them a few months ago and it was a pleasant experience, I am happy to share my experience here:

What to expect during a consultation:

For those who is seeking a consultation can refer to here:

Currently the latest implants in Singapore market is Motiva, you can read more about Motiva here:

https://www.shensclinic.com/why-motiva-breast-implants-are-a-better-choice/
· Combination of both teardrop + round implants, natural look
· Nano textured surface
· Additional blue seal safety on implant shell

The main reason of choosing Dr Shens because he is the first surgeon in Singapore to use Motiva.

3D images

Dr Shens will take measurement of the chest width and recommend the right size of implants. Patients can see their post surgery image on Crisalix.

-Patient can discuss about their desired look and concerns like breast lifting, restore loss of volume, increase 1 or 2 cup sizes

https://www.crisalix.com/en

T-shirt fitting

Patients can wear implants sizers and have a rough idea of how they will look after the surgery.
Doctor’s incision
It will be under the muscle’s incision with a short scar of 2.5cm instead of the usual 4.5cm.

Blog link
http://blog.effynius.com/2015/11/12...ess-centre-for-cosmetic-rejuvenation-surgery/
http://evelynwee.blogspot.com/2017/06/the-mommy-makeover-enhancement-after_13.html

Downtime:

The surgery is approx. 2 hours inclusive of 30mins, nerve block, patient can go home to rest right after the surgery. They can resume their normal activities by the very next day, abstrain from sports for 2 weeks.
Things to take note:
Dressing to keep dry for 2 weeks
Nipple Tapes for at least a monthSoft bra and sport bra is fine

Hi Ladies,

Hi @Becca.Q

I also did my breast augmentation with them a few months ago and it was a pleasant experience, I am happy to share my experience here:

What to expect during a consultation:

For those who is seeking a consultation can refer to here:

Currently the latest implants in Singapore market is Motiva

· Combination of both teardrop + round implants, natural look
· Nano textured surface
· Additional blue seal safety on implant shell

The main reason of choosing Dr Shens because he is the first surgeon in Singapore to use Motiva.

Dr Shens will take measurement of the chest width and recommend the right size of implants. Patients can see their post surgery image on Crisalix.

-Patient can discuss about their desired look and concerns like breast lifting, restore loss of volume, increase 1 or 2 cup sizes

- During the consultation, dr will clearly explain about the types of implants, placement of implants, measurement of the chest width, post surgery care and what to expect.

T-shirt fitting

Patients can wear implants sizers and have a rough idea of how they will look after the surgery.
Doctor’s incision
It will be under the muscle’s incision with a short scar of 2.5cm instead of the usual 4.5cm.

Downtime:

The surgery is approx. 2 hours inclusive of 30mins, nerve block, patient can go home to rest right after the surgery. They can resume their normal activities by the very next day, abstrain from sports for 2 weeks.
Things to take note:
Dressing to keep dry for 2 weeks

Upon consultation

The friendly front desk staff will attend to you with the preparation list and post surgery care with the "to do list".

9852EE43-DC22-4C2D-9AA9-99346E082658.jpeg

I signed because I m happy with the consultation, their services.

And on the day of surgery, I was promptly attended to, with the dates of D1 review and 2 weeks reviews booked.

In additional, there was 24/7 whatsapps hotline, you could always whatsapps to them anytime and their reply is very prompt.

Last edited:
Hi Ladies,

Hi @Becca.Q

I was a patient with Dr Shens too and did my breast augmentation with them not too long ago.

I was given a list of preparation and "to do list" when I made payment.

9852EE43-DC22-4C2D-9AA9-99346E082658.jpeg

In additional , there's a 24/7 whatsapps hotline too and they will reply you very promptly too.

Just curious, if you are unhappy with the consultation, then why do you want to sign up? And if you have queries, you never ask them via whatsapps?

Last edited:
Hi Ladies,

Hi Ladies,

Hi @Becca.Q

What size you choose? What's the type of scar gel you buy? You try their post surgery treatment?

Hello ladies...

I chance upon this BA forum after I started goggling for recommended doctor & what type of implants is better, and I’m so glad to say, thru this forum, I did my BA (Motiva) with Dr Tan YC from SW1..!

I’ve finally done my BA after contemplating for so Long, I’m now exactly 1 week after BA. Went back for reviews today, and everything was perfect! Thank u ladies for the reviews & comments, no regrets with Dr Tan, he’s Super professional, patience & details in explaining..! In love with my new boobs..!

Like many of the ladies here, I too did my BA with Dr Tan YC from SW1 and I couldn’t be happier! I highly recommend him to anyone looking to do this procedure.
I did mine slightly more than a year ago. He was my choice as my best friend also had the surgery with him a few years back and I’ve seen the wonderful results as well as heard first hand abt the consultation, surgery and recovery experience with SW1 and Dr Tan. (She consulted with a few other surgeons before deciding to go with Dr Tan.)
Dr Tan is perfect for me because:
- he’s very clear and accurate in outlining the recovery process and what to expect. And I’m someone who much prefer candour to sugar coated words
- my boobs now look v natural yet of an enviable size ie. Big but not obscene. And I think creating this natural beautiful look really takes skills and not all surgeons can achieve such results.
- Dr Tan is great in recommending the right size for me. I had contemplated a different size during consultation (smaller) but am so glad i had followed his recommendation
- I’m a stickler for time and am pleased to share that I never needed to wait much whenever I return for my appt.
- dr Tan is also very willing to answer any other plastic surgery questions I may have that are not breasts related and doesn’t try to sell me other procedures.
So if you are contemplating BA - I would say go for it for sure! But make sure you do it with a trusted surgeon! :)

Hi mummies, I would like to share my experience with Dr Tan Ying Chien from SW1 Clinic. Actually this review is way overdue as I did fat transfer from abdomen and waist to breast and lipo for armpit fats in Feb this year. I also did removal of eye bags in Feb. I’m in my 30s, mother of 2. Both I did c sec and I bf my older one til 2yo. I have a very flabby tummy, a big muffin top above my c sec scar and saggy breast after breastfeeding. C drop to B. Dr Tan said that I am the perfect candidate for fat transfer as it solves 2 problems at once. It is also more cost effective and alot less down time compared to a tummy tuck. I paid about all in 18k for the fat transfer and lipo for armpits. Very reasonable and value for money. But that’s not the best part. Dr Tan is really the best doctor I have ever met. He is reassuring, chatty, funny, understanding, honest, consistent, professional, takes pride in his work and a perfectionist. When you speak to him, instantly he is relatable, relevant and you form a connection with him. If you are still searching for a surgeon, do shortlist Dr Tan, meet him once and you will know what I mean.

I’m happy and satisfied with the results right now after 6 months from the fat transfer surgery. My husband is also happy with the drastic results. All my friends and colleagues have mentioned that I lost weight and looked sharper. The surgery was painless, you sleep and wake up to a new and improved you. The best version of yourself, in SW1 words. Recovery was very manageable as there was no sharp pain, just feels very achy everywhere like you did intensive workout non stop for 10hrs the day before. By a week, everything feels almost back to normal. My boobs are now D and feels v soft as it is my own stubborn fats that refuse to go away.

I am also extremely happy with my eye bags removal as I have always wanted it since 16 yo. I don’t have to meitu/ photoshop any of my photos or selfies anymore! How awesome is that! Haha!
And I look 5 years younger too!
No scaring visible as the fats was removed from inside the lower lid. Paid about $4.5k all in. Recovery was the usual swelling with slight redness of skin and slightly sore feeling. Majority of the swelling goes away after 2 weeks. I was so nervous when I was in surgery as you have to be awake under mild sedation. I have low tolerance for pain and I’m scared easily. I kept whining ouch loudly when it was not that painful actually thinking back. It was all in my own head. But Dr Tan is always so calming and super patient. He said “it’s ok my wife also say ouch a lot when I do Botox for her”.
I wasn’t so nervous anymore when he chatted with me and played songs on Spotify during surgery.

A shout out to the nurses at SW1 too, esp Phyllis! They are all super nice and pretty too! They are so dedicated, you can ask them stupid questions and they will patiently explain the details to you. They are all extremely sincere. Best of all is they have a watsapp number for all their patients so they are literally there for you almost 24/7 where you can text any qn and voice any concerns.

I can go on and on about how fantastic Dr Tan and his nurses are. I might be doing more procedures maybe next year after I’ve saved up enough. After all, the only limits that exist are the ones in our minds.. in SW1 words : D

Hi Everyone,

I just want to share my experience on breast fat transfer with Dr. Tan from SW1 on 24 July 2020. :)

I stand 161cm and 41kg, slim and flat chested in nature. I researched on the technology and had my first consultation with Dr. Tan after reading everything from this forum. Consultation was friendly and honest. Since I probably didn't have much fats to harvest, I dont expect a 2 cup size increase. Price (13k) was adjusted to make it reasonable for me. The nurses, Phyllis and Amber are nice and professional.

The procedure took 2.5hours with 640cc of fats harvested from my thighs and love handles, and 155cc injected in each breast. I remember Dr. Tan and Amber being happy and excited about how much good quality fats I have.

I dont have to wear any special clothing or devices after the procedure. I didnt take any pain med and 10 days later stitches were removed. Breasts were very hard initially, took about 1 month for it to become soft. I'm still in recovering but I feel good after the procedure. The only thing that can be done better would probably be making the breast more even in size, though it wasn't a huge difference and most breasts are not even in size anyway, it is just my OCD brain at work.

I am at big A now and I hope it stays. Despite it being A cup, the contour of the breasts was done nicely.

I hope this helps someone in deciding for a BA. :)

Cheers

Hi, I want to share my experience here with other mums. I did my BA with Dr Chia Hui Ling. I have uneven breasts to start with but after 2 pregnancies, they just gotten worse and loose too. I decided to go with Dr Chia at SW1 Clinic becuz through my online searches she has expertise in breast surgeries. Compared to other surgeries I’ve done, the BA was rather quick, spent around half a day at her day surgery centre. I remembered woke up feeling TIGHT, not that much of pain (unlike my c-section!). Upper body was stiff to move around for a few days but I could get on doing most daily activities.

It took around 3 months for my breasts to become soft and fluff. I am still using scar tape but the scar is barely visible now, just kiasu. I’m very happy with the natural look and softness!

I want say thank you to Dr Chia and her staff for always being very attentive to my endless questions and doing a great surgery on me ❤️

Just wanna share my positive experience with other mums here like i did on other forums

Attachments

• BA.jpeg
    BA.jpeg
    65.1 KB · Views: 468

Back