IVF at KKH

Doctor never mentioned or explain why the low quality n any low egg reserve or not.

But after we failed first cycle, we start take Royal Jelly... that’s only we take during the wait for 2nd IVF cycle. We waited 2 months to start next one

Doctor never mentioned or explain why the low quality n any low egg reserve or not.

But after we failed first cycle, we start take Royal Jelly... that’s only we take during the wait for 2nd IVF cycle. We waited 2 months to start next one
Have u did egg transfer?how many embroys do u have?

My wife company used to not allow 4 months continually maternity leave... I have make it clear to my wife if they instead don’t allow, after 3 months maternity then go back resign.. we tried so hard to have this precious baby, and excited to have him soon I will stand very firm if anything stop us on our plan
Hi, I just started my IVF at KKH, tomorrow need to go back for review for 6th day of self injection,
May i know when it start the HL ? after the egg retrieval or after the Embryo implantation.

thanks in advance :)

Hi I just did my ET at KKH today but it’s only D2.. I forgot to ask doctor why can’t it be done at D3 cos based on my googling I think so far ppl only transfer at D3 or D5.. do u all have any idea why it may be done at D2?

Hi I just did my ET at KKH today but it’s only D2.. I forgot to ask doctor why can’t it be done at D3 cos based on my googling I think so far ppl only transfer at D3 or D5.. do u all have any idea why it may be done at D2?

Who did the transfer for u?

U should ask why from doctor.

D2 not even fertilize yet le... can’t even grade the embryos either

Normal process is transfer at D5 when is grow to blastocyst..

We are on Dr Sadhana last time n she insists not to transfer anytime before D5

Dr Tan HH did the transfer for me.. he suggested transferring 2 today.. he said it’s grade 3 , cells 7 and cells 4.. thinking is it cos the grade met the minimum only.. n he don’t want to risk the rest? He did gave me the option to wait till day 5 for the rest, but due to my high drop out rate, I decided to go with the 2 today

Hi everyone,

I'm new here, looking for some advice. I had one ectopic pregnancy (unplanned) about 10 years ago, removed left fallopian tube, and since then have not had any other pregnancies. Only recently we started to actively ttc. Just got my HSG results a few days ago and Doc said the remaining tube is blocked. Doc does not recommend tube surgery as she said it's gonna be high risk of another ectopic pregnancy. She recommended to go for IVF since we are both below 35 and my ovaries (and eggs?) are very healthy.

My only concern is that, should we go get 2nd opinion? Any recommendations which clinic or doctor to see? I just feel that maybe should at least try the surgery and ttc naturally first before jumping straight to IVF. Anybody did surgery to remove the blockage and succesfully conceived, can share with me?

We are already referred to IVF clinic at KKH, waiting for their call in 1-2 weeks. Meanwhile, are there any other treatments/remedies I could try to unblock the tube?

Thanks in advance.

Hi everyone,

I'm new here, looking for some advice. I had one ectopic pregnancy (unplanned) about 10 years ago, removed left fallopian tube, and since then have not had any other pregnancies. Only recently we started to actively ttc. Just got my HSG results a few days ago and Doc said the remaining tube is blocked. Doc does not recommend tube surgery as she said it's gonna be high risk of another ectopic pregnancy. She recommended to go for IVF since we are both below 35 and my ovaries (and eggs?) are very healthy.

My only concern is that, should we go get 2nd opinion? Any recommendations which clinic or doctor to see? I just feel that maybe should at least try the surgery and ttc naturally first before jumping straight to IVF. Anybody did surgery to remove the blockage and succesfully conceived, can share with me?

We are already referred to IVF clinic at KKH, waiting for their call in 1-2 weeks. Meanwhile, are there any other treatments/remedies I could try to unblock the tube?

Thanks in advance.
My first HSG also showed both tube blockage. Went for of fallopian tube cannulation under sedation anesthesia, during the procedure Dr found that both tube are not blocked, one is totally normal, cleared a bit second tube, but generally it was also normal. It was 2 years ago at SGH, didn’t help to get pregnant.
Did you do hubby’s semen analysis?
So maybe you also had spasm and your tube isn’t blocked.

My first HSG also showed both tube blockage. Went for of fallopian tube cannulation under sedation anesthesia, during the procedure Dr found that both tube are not blocked, one is totally normal, cleared a bit second tube, but generally it was also normal. It was 2 years ago at SGH, didn’t help to get pregnant.
Did you do hubby’s semen analysis?
So maybe you also had spasm and your tube isn’t blocked.

Yup, husband had a semen analysis done too. He's pretty healthy, so no issues there. Do you think I should try a surgery before IVF then? I'm just afraid if I wait it out longer (ttc naturally etc.), it might decrease my chances of successful IVF in future.

Yup, husband had a semen analysis done too. He's pretty healthy, so no issues there. Do you think I should try a surgery before IVF then? I'm just afraid if I wait it out longer (ttc naturally etc.), it might decrease my chances of successful IVF in future.

Sometime depend on faith as well. Even both of u are healthy but faith play the bigger part which not to let u pregnant naturally etc...

Very good example, my cousin sister her husband semen analysis result not really in their favour, so they got 1st thru IVF.. surprisingly they have 2nd naturally!! To me this is call faith..

If I were u, I will not wasting my time to surgery n wait for conceive naturally in next few years bcos surgery will not guarantee can conceive nautically and chances for IVF getting lower year by year

it depends on the number of eggs retrieved. there's no fixed timing and no clear result of which are better. trust your dr. based on the 2 you transferred, 7 cells is average while 4 cells is slower growth.

side note to @Excited daddy your statement is not completely correct as your own experience is only ONE of the possibilities. and fertilisation occurs on ER day by the labs.

Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance.
no harm for second opinion while waiting for KKIVF queue.

Hi all

I need some advice, I got diarrhoea since morning, till now feeling discomfort and stomach pain, I only drink non carbonated 100plus. Any idea, should I go to hospital ?? Bcos I’m not comfortable to see GP doc.

Thanks in advance

Hey, so we have our briefing/counselling session scheduled on 5th March at KKH and will be starting IVF procedure in April. But I'm starting to freak out a little, and I'm just worried about disappointments if it don't work out well for us. I feel like I want to postpone the procedure. My husband does not want to pressure me, and has said that he will support whatever decision I make. I'm just scared.

I really, really salute and look up to all of you who have been trying so hard and never giving up. :')

Hey, so we have our briefing/counselling session scheduled on 5th March at KKH and will be starting IVF procedure in April. But I'm starting to freak out a little, and I'm just worried about disappointments if it don't work out well for us. I feel like I want to postpone the procedure. My husband does not want to pressure me, and has said that he will support whatever decision I make. I'm just scared.

I really, really salute and look up to all of you who have been trying so hard and never giving up. :')
hugs. try not to overthink it. we all do. but remind yourself of the end goal which you are trying to achieve. the little bundle of joy. disappointments are a part of life and fear of it should not drive us.
however, if you really do not feel ready, then don't rush it. kkh also has counsellors (ask the nurses) who can help you through the process. this forums are also here for you.
if in the end you decide another route, there are other avenues to explore like tcm, acupuncture, iui, etc...

Hi all, I am 34 yr old woman and have blocked fallopian tubes and endometriosis problem. I am on DP and my husband is on EP in Singapore. We are trying for a baby from last 3 years. Now the doctor has suggested us to go for an IVF treatment. Can you please suggest which clinic is more affordable and also good in Singapore for IVF treatment? We are not very strong financially but still want to take a chance with IVF, maybe there will be some miracle. We are expats here so don't have Medisave option like others. I did some research and found out that for foreigners, the cost of the public and private hospitals are the same. I am considering Raffles Fertility Clinic, is this the right choice? Thanks!

Hi all, I am 34 yr old woman and have blocked fallopian tubes and endometriosis problem. I am on DP and my husband is on EP in Singapore. We are trying for a baby from last 3 years. Now the doctor has suggested us to go for an IVF treatment. Can you please suggest which clinic is more affordable and also good in Singapore for IVF treatment? We are not very strong financially but still want to take a chance with IVF, maybe there will be some miracle. We are expats here so don't have Medisave option like others. I did some research and found out that for foreigners, the cost of the public and private hospitals are the same. I am considering Raffles Fertility Clinic, is this the right choice? Thanks!
Hihi,
Gov. hospitals are 12-14k sgd if you go there as private patient. Raffles, Virtus, TMC will be 20-25k sgd. If you need to do hysteroscopy(polyps removal) in public it’s $3k, in private $6-7k.
Service and nurses in public hospitals is very good, everything is fast, no queue if you are private patient.
What is your FSH and AMH?

as informed by Alishablond, private patients in government hospitals are still significantly cheaper than private hospitals.
Suggest you look up for a doctor who you think you will be comfortable with instead of the hospital as there is no "right choice", all drs have their pros & cons and success rates.
Alternatively, there are private hospitals in JB which you can also consider. Costs are much cheaper, a fresh cycle costs around RM25k, that's only S$9k.

Hihi,
Gov. hospitals are 12-14k sgd if you go there as private patient. Raffles, Virtus, TMC will be 20-25k sgd. If you need to do hysteroscopy(polyps removal) in public it’s $3k, in private $6-7k.
Service and nurses in public hospitals is very good, everything is fast, no queue if you are private patient.
What is your FSH and AMH?

Thanks for the information dear. I don't know my FSH and AMH yet. But my mensuration cycle is regular. Around 6 months back I took an appointment in KKH for my fertility counselling and the doctor said, if you go for an IVF here it will cost you around 20k, and that doctor suggested me for doing early steps of this treatment in Singapore and the others in Jakarta. She said I know some doctors who do IVF like this. So, me and my husband got so confused by her suggestion and decided not to go to public hospitals in Singapore they give a weird and unrealistic suggestion. You are saying that in Gov. hospital cost is 12-14k, is this the present cost? do you recommend any particular doctor?

as informed by Alishablond, private patients in government hospitals are still significantly cheaper than private hospitals.
Suggest you look up for a doctor who you think you will be comfortable with instead of the hospital as there is no "right choice", all drs have their pros & cons and success rates.
Alternatively, there are private hospitals in JB which you can also consider. Costs are much cheaper, a fresh cycle costs around RM25k, that's only S$9k.
Thanks dear! but we don't know anyone is JB. So, I think this option is not good for us. It doesn't feel secure to me :( I am looking for some good options in Singapore

Thanks for the information dear. I don't know my FSH and AMH yet. But my mensuration cycle is regular. Around 6 months back I took an appointment in KKH for my fertility counselling and the doctor said, if you go for an IVF here it will cost you around 20k, and that doctor suggested me for doing early steps of this treatment in Singapore and the others in Jakarta. She said I know some doctors who do IVF like this. So, me and my husband got so confused by her suggestion and decided not to go to public hospitals in Singapore they give a weird and unrealistic suggestion. You are saying that in Gov. hospital cost is 12-14k, is this the present cost? do you recommend any particular doctor?
I’m now in my ivf stimulation in NUH as private patient, due to quite high stimulation dosage my whole fresh IVF will be 14k. So in others public hosp costs is around that amount, cannot be 20k at all.
Popular doctors are Prof Wong in NUH, Dr Tan in KKH, Dr Yu in SGH, first two don’t take subsidized patient as far as I know.

I’m now in my ivf stimulation in NUH as private patient, due to quite high stimulation dosage my whole fresh IVF will be 14k. So in others public hosp costs is around that amount, cannot be 20k at all.
Popular doctors are Prof Wong in NUH, Dr Tan in KKH, Dr Yu in SGH, first two don’t take subsidized patient as far as I know.

Sorry if I’m wrong. I think there is no subsidies for whole IVF procedure. Only government grant apply for citizen or PR.

Really?????? Are you and your husband foreigner here or PR/Singaporean?

My wife is local n I’m PR. We got $5.7k government grant.

I’m not sure if this also apply to other private hospital.

9cadc6a8ee55fecc618da567b5c3bd8e.jpg

ok, Thanks!
for all govt hospitals, citizens receive the co-funding / government grant. PR and foreigners don't have it. everyone is equal in private hospitals.
my dr is Tan Heng Hao of KKH, I'm under private and now pay fully by cash. my last fresh cycle is $15k with expensive meds. for your first cycle, it is more likely $12k. frozen cycle is around $5k.
my guess is the dr you saw was providing you options if you want cheaper cost. just like my suggestion to go JB. LOL. cause you don't gain anything by going to government hospitals in SG and it takes time.
So, suggest you do some research on the 3 drs suggested by Alishablond above and also private drs. Ronald Cheng, SF Loh are reputable.
Check out this forum for more info:
https://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/threads/ivf-icsi-support-group.2902/page-4963

Hi everyone, i am new here but been reading post from here.
I am also from KK Dr THH unfortunately after 1 IUI, 2 IVF all not successful. My first IVF transfer 2 embies on day 2 and they are not good which resulted to negative, my 2nd IVF just recently and just got my beta result last monday and same thing its negative. They transfer 2 with one good embryo and the other one is not so good on day 2. I presume its my egg quality problem as my first IVF, doctor said that my egg is not good. Anyway, we are going for next round fresh cycle as i dont have any frozen embryo from my last 2 IVFs. What are the supplement i can take to get a good quality egg? Should i take them seperately or buy a multi- vitamins? Thank you for your help.

Hi everyone, i am new here but been reading post from here.
I am also from KK Dr THH unfortunately after 1 IUI, 2 IVF all not successful. My first IVF transfer 2 embies on day 2 and they are not good which resulted to negative, my 2nd IVF just recently and just got my beta result last monday and same thing its negative. They transfer 2 with one good embryo and the other one is not so good on day 2. I presume its my egg quality problem as my first IVF, doctor said that my egg is not good. Anyway, we are going for next round fresh cycle as i dont have any frozen embryo from my last 2 IVFs. What are the supplement i can take to get a good quality egg? Should i take them seperately or buy a multi- vitamins? Thank you for your help.

hugs.
I also have quality issues and till now have not found the right formula.
it is a trial and error to find the best stimulation medication. for me, he had changed medications so I have tried gonalf, menopur, pergoveris and saizen for different cycles.
supplement-wise, there are suggestions for dhea (only if you don't have pcos and better with dr approval), ubiquinol, royal jelly (also not suitable for everyone) have been mentioned.
food-wise: increase intake of eggs and avocado.

for all govt hospitals, citizens receive the co-funding / government grant. PR and foreigners don't have it. everyone is equal in private hospitals.
my dr is Tan Heng Hao of KKH, I'm under private and now pay fully by cash. my last fresh cycle is $15k with expensive meds. for your first cycle, it is more likely $12k. frozen cycle is around $5k.
my guess is the dr you saw was providing you options if you want cheaper cost. just like my suggestion to go JB. LOL. cause you don't gain anything by going to government hospitals in SG and it takes time.
So, suggest you do some research on the 3 drs suggested by Alishablond above and also private drs. Ronald Cheng, SF Loh are reputable.
Check out this forum for more info:
https://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/threads/ivf-icsi-support-group.2902/page-4963
You are right! Thank u for the suggestions and giving me the cost estimation. This is very helpful :)

hugs.
I also have quality issues and till now have not found the right formula.
it is a trial and error to find the best stimulation medication. for me, he had changed medications so I have tried gonalf, menopur, pergoveris and saizen for different cycles.
supplement-wise, there are suggestions for dhea (only if you don't have pcos and better with dr approval), ubiquinol, royal jelly (also not suitable for everyone) have been mentioned.
food-wise: increase intake of eggs and avocado.
On my first IVF i had ask Dr TTH what can i do to increase my egg quality since tat was the issue cos i retrieved 22eggs and only 2 fertilised which are not good quality using ICSI. But he answered theres nothing that he can give, ofcos i have read alot that royal jelly, fish oil, maca is good.. but i dont know if tats really good... for my 2nd round IVF i have used FH pro for 2months before my procedure and my stims are orgalutran,saizen, menopur. Retrieved 9 eggs 4 fertilised, 2 embryo transfer and the other 2 arrested.

For myself is unexplained fertility, but now i presumed is bcos of my egg quality tats why cannot implant. Sigh

I actually was thinking to get the royal jelly, fish oil, maca but im quite worried that they will clash each other.

Last edited:

I have same issues with low quality egg.. does the royal jelly improved your egg quality after taking them? U didnt take any other supplement?

I have same issues with low quality egg.. does the royal jelly improved your egg quality after taking them? U didnt take any other supplement?

We failed first IVF due to non of the fertilized egg survive to blastocyst stage so no transfer has been done.

After the failed, our start to take Royal Jelly. Prior that my wife did take fish oil daily n avocado occasionally. Second IVF, we have same amount of follicle extracted (8-9).. 5 of them successfully make to day 5 blastocyst. 2 are in good quality n 3 are normal. We did transfer 1 and another 4 are freeze.

My wife going to give birth in 3 weeks time.. hehe

Don’t give up... keep trying. They are chances as long as try!! Baby dust to u all!!

We failed first IVF due to non of the fertilized egg survive to blastocyst stage so no transfer has been done.

After the failed, our start to take Royal Jelly. Prior that my wife did take fish oil daily n avocado occasionally. Second IVF, we have same amount of follicle extracted (8-9).. 5 of them successfully make to day 5 blastocyst. 2 are in good quality n 3 are normal. We did transfer 1 and another 4 are freeze.

Don’t give up... keep trying. They are chances as long as try!! Baby dust to u all!!
Congrats!

So happy for you guys.. we have been ttc for 3 years, last cycle i have done accupuncture but unfortunately still not good enough to support. I hope doctor will suggest what supplement to atleast help on the conception, but he dont seem to give suggestion.. .. planning to go on 3rd round of IVF and want to atleast give all the possible options of supplement to take just to increase the egg quality.. My 2 IVFs all transferred on day 2.. and nothing to freeze..

Anyway, how much dosage per day of royal jelly? What brand is recommended?

Last edited:
So happy for you guys.. we have been ttc for 3 years, last cycle i have done accupuncture but unfortunately still not good enough to support. I hope doctor will suggest what supplement to atleast help on the conception, but he dont seem to give suggestion.. .. planning to go on 3rd round of IVF and want to atleast give all the possible options of supplement to take just to increase the egg quality.. My 2 IVFs all transferred on day 2.. and nothing to freeze..

Anyway, how much dosage per day of royal jelly? What brand is recommended?

Thanks. We TCC for 5 years before decided for IVF. Within past 5 years are on TCM about 2.5 years.

http://www.shinsen-healthy-product.com/Royal-Jelly-Capsules.htm

We got the raw one... one tea spoon a day. Please check with your doctor first before take any of this.

Hi ladies,
I’m just here to share my journey of ivf. I started my ivf journey when I was 27 with Dr SF Loh when he was still at KKH. I went through 5 cycles before I got pregnant with my elder boy. One year later, I went bk for another cycle and I got my younger girl. They are now 11 and 10 already. Both were frozen cycles too. So I just like to say dun give up and stay positive. Blessing some baby dust to all of you here

dear all, after 4 failed IVF attempts in KKH, I went to taiwan to give my last shot and was blessed to give birth to a boy girl twins 8 months ago. The fertility hospital is considered the "Authority in fertility" and has superior technique which can achieve success rate up to 80%.
As a patient in their mailing list, I saw that they are having a seminar on 27th.
Just sharing . This is the registration from . https://forms.gle/7fc2re7WEqi2nQ947

dear all, after 4 failed IVF attempts in KKH, I went to taiwan to give my last shot and was blessed to give birth to a boy girl twins 8 months ago. The fertility hospital is considered the "Authority in fertility" and has superior technique which can achieve success rate up to 80%.
As a patient in their mailing list, I saw that they are having a seminar on 27th.
Just sharing . This is the registration from . https://forms.gle/7fc2re7WEqi2nQ947
Roughly how much is the cost?

Roughly how much is the cost?

The seminar is free. As for the cost if the IVF, it depends on individual's condition. Eg if you have some pre-existing condition and needed more checks and medication to rectify.

On the whole, it definitely cost more than Sg's considering it's superior techniques and the need to fly to taiwan.

For those who has failed multiples times in Sg.. I urge all to check them out during the seminar. Ask all the questions u have ..

What's more valuable than a complete family.

I would never imagine myself to have a pair of 龙凤胎。

Feeling very depressed now.

It seems that my follicles did not grow.

Last Friday, on the right side, it is 7.5,5,4 and on the left side is 11.5,8,5

Monday which is today, on the right side it is 16.5,8,4 and left side is 11,9,5.

The difference in the size of the follicles is quite huge. Between 16.5 and 11cm.

I am so afraid that the cycle may be cancelled. Already in my 2nd fresh. No frozen as Low AMH.

If this cycle did not proceed to ER, can we ask that this cycle to exclude from Govt co fund and use our own cash?

Hey ladies,
I am seeing Dr Sadhana for my IVF. Me and my husband had a blood test this Saturday and now the doctor said to wait for a call from KKH for a counselling session. She said that it can be done only on weekdays even though I requested for the weekend. Can anyone tell me the charges of this counselling session and what happens in this?
Many Thanks!

The seminar is free. As for the cost if the IVF, it depends on individual's condition. Eg if you have some pre-existing condition and needed more checks and medication to rectify.

On the whole, it definitely cost more than Sg's considering it's superior techniques and the need to fly to taiwan.

For those who has failed multiples times in Sg.. I urge all to check them out during the seminar. Ask all the questions u have ..

What's more valuable than a complete family.

I would never imagine myself to have a pair of 龙凤胎。
We have unexplained fertility and failed 2 cycles at kkh. So, considering all options available. Did u take any supplements? Im now 29yo, my amh also high at 6.28

Hey ladies,
I am seeing Dr Sadhana for my IVF. Me and my husband had a blood test this Saturday and now the doctor said to wait for a call from KKH for a counselling session. She said that it can be done only on weekdays even though I requested for the weekend. Can anyone tell me the charges of this counselling session and what happens in this?
Many Thanks!

paid $381.99 for the counselling session. They nurses will go through the brief timeline of the protocol, like rough est. of each stage of the protocol from arrival of menses, injections, retrieval & trsf, bloodtest etc. A doc will come in to give a brief overview of the ivf process as well & you get to ask questions too. HTH!

hi, i had 3 failed iui 3 years ago at thomson medical. 2017 I had a failed ivf. So i went to see tcm and had another ivf at 2018. I conceive after the 2nd ivf with dr tan hh at kkh.

Maybe can try tcm too as it helps to “tiao” our body. I’m seeing tcm dr zou at amk blk 505. Don’t be stress and don’t give up! :)

We have unexplained fertility and failed 2 cycles at kkh. So, considering all options available. Did u take any supplements? Im now 29yo, my amh also high at 6.28

take coq10 and royal jelly before eggs extraction. I also visited TCM Eu yan sang, took their med and went for acupuncture to strengthen the womb. Few days before ET, I started to take selenium and zinc so that embryos would want to implant. Also take something that helps the lining to thicken. Hope this helps!

Back