IVF 2019

Hello ladies! I did my 2nd FET on 29 Jan and was tested positive on 14 Feb... :)
Baby dust to all of you and jiayou!

Congratulations!

Can I ask the difference between fresh and frozen?
I did fresh once but failed and have frozen embroyos.
What's the procedure like since there is not ER involved? Any injections required?

Hii ladies..
Nice to see you guys.. i did all my IVF treatment in NUH and was about 26-27yo when i first did my fresh cycle..
Already did 1 fresh cycle and 2 FET cycles..
I just did my ER today and this is my 2nd fresh cycle..
For both cycles, i had my embryos all freezed due to high levels of hormones with the likelyhood of getting OHSS.. and also because they suggested to do frozen cycle due to higher success rates..
When i questioned about it, they said because when we're doing the fresh cycles, the womb lining may not meet the requirement and also our body is filled with other hormones that might not support pregnancy which might affects the success rates of the implantation..
Therefore in other words, during fresh cycles our body were already wrecked by all the medications from the injections.. thus its not at its best condition..
Best is to do ET when body is ready for higher chance..
But this would also depends on individual..
Some may agree and some may not..
Fingers crossed and hope everyone had a happy ending!!

Congratulations!

What's the procedure like since there is not ER involved? Any injections required?

Frozen cycles you would not need to do injections as you will use the embyros that were retrieved and freezed from your fresh cycle..
There are 2 types of frozen cycle..
1 is natural and another is medicated..

Hii ladies..
Nice to see you guys.. i did all my IVF treatment in NUH and was about 26-27yo when i first did my fresh cycle..
Already did 1 fresh cycle and 2 FET cycles..
I just did my ER today and this is my 2nd fresh cycle..
For both cycles, i had my embryos all freezed due to high levels of hormones with the likelyhood of getting OHSS.. and also because they suggested to do frozen cycle due to higher success rates..
When i questioned about it, they said because when we're doing the fresh cycles, the womb lining may not meet the requirement and also our body is filled with other hormones that might not support pregnancy which might affects the success rates of the implantation..
Therefore in other words, during fresh cycles our body were already wrecked by all the medications from the injections.. thus its not at its best condition..
Best is to do ET when body is ready for higher chance..
But this would also depends on individual..
Some may agree and some may not..
Fingers crossed and hope everyone had a happy ending!!

All the best to you!

I don’t think NUH did the fresh transfer at all (maybe I’m wrong) but from what I seem here and I have friend IVF at NUH also same never have fresh transfer. All of them are on FET.

You’re right always depend on personal.. chances are always on individual

Congratulations!

My first born was also conceived through FET. At that time I didn't get to transfer right after my ER because I have OHSS.

So I planned to do my FET abt 3 months later.. to let my body recover...

Basically before i do my FET i arrange a visit to my doc to check my lining all that.. then I was given medication to take on the 2nd day of my period whenever I want to start... once start medication I will see the doc again on day 13 to scan and see lining.. at that time the doc will advise when you are ready for the transfer...

Can I know how does the counselling like? Heard it’s about 3 hrs..

For SGH, less than that.
They will make you watch a video with other couples, I think 30 mins.
Then, the nurses will take over and talk to individual couples to share more on the IVF procedures, cost, etc. Depends on much questions you have and the waiting time for the nurses to be available.
I think I took ard 1.5hrs.

Hi there everyone, I’m scheduled for IVF in March too ! So glad to meet so many buddies here. I just called KKH IVF as I have some spotting but they said to call them again when I have fresh blood kind of menses. Made me so worry. Because Tml they are half day (sat), Sunday close. Probably I will only get to do my scanning on Monday. Will it be too late by then ? Can anyone brief me what we gonna do on the first visit ? Just scanning ? Which day will we be injecting those meds ? TIA!

Hi there everyone, I’m scheduled for IVF in March too ! So glad to meet so many buddies here. I just called KKH IVF as I have some spotting but they said to call them again when I have fresh blood kind of menses. Made me so worry. Because Tml they are half day (sat), Sunday close. Probably I will only get to do my scanning on Monday. Will it be too late by then ? Can anyone brief me what we gonna do on the first visit ? Just scanning ? Which day will we be injecting those meds ? TIA!

If your full blood in am then today consider day 1, if in pm then next day is day 1. No worry, the scanning can arrange as late as day 3.

Hi everybody! I am new to this forum. Hope to gain more positive energy from this group.

I have tried IUI twice a few years ago. My cycle of IVF didn't end up well. My lining was too old for fresh cycle. Thawed two embryones but only 1 survived the thawing process. The one embryo did not make it. Currently left with 1 frozen egg. Dr Tan HH suggested me to start a new cycle to harvest more eggs.

I just did my second ER last week. Doc Tan HH noticed a 2cm fibroid growing in the uterus when he did the ET. He suggested to freeze the 3 eggs first. Need to review after the menstruation.

Not sure if anybody can share more about fibroid and pregnancy. Don't like the idea of having an operation at the uterus. It sounds invasive to me.

Hi everybody! I am new to this forum. Hope to gain more positive energy from this group.

I have tried IUI twice a few years ago. My cycle of IVF didn't end up well. My lining was too old for fresh cycle. Thawed two embryones but only 1 survived the thawing process. The one embryo did not make it. Currently left with 1 frozen egg. Dr Tan HH suggested me to start a new cycle to harvest more eggs.

I just did my second ER last week. Doc Tan HH noticed a 2cm fibroid growing in the uterus when he did the ET. He suggested to freeze the 3 eggs first. Need to review after the menstruation.

Not sure if anybody can share more about fibroid and pregnancy. Don't like the idea of having an operation at the uterus. It sounds invasive to me.

Hello there!
I also have fibroid for my case.
But the gynae did not say to remove it unless it gets bigger.
Gynae did share with me before that u can still be pregnant with fibroid.

Hello all
I am scheduled for ivf in end mar.

Wondering how many embyro did u gals transfer in one cycle? 1? 2?

Hi everyone I am on my day 6 stimm now on menopur, and hopefully doing EC between mon to thurs next week! Anything to help condition the follies for EC, diet wise? First time ivf!

Hello all
I am scheduled for ivf in end mar.

Wondering how many embyro did u gals transfer in one cycle? 1? 2?

My first fresh cycle Dr transferred one embryo. But failed.
For the next cycle which will be frozen, Dr will transfer two which are the remaining ones I have in storage.

Hello everyone.

I just had ER on last Thursday. I could not proceed to do ET due to high risk of ohss. Anyone knows when would be the earliest that I could do a FET?

Hi all, first post in this forum.

I'm doing my first fresh transfer ivf, im with Prof PC Wong from NUH. Tomorrow will be the ET day, praying for the best.

Hello everyone.

I just had ER on last Thursday. I could not proceed to do ET due to high risk of ohss. Anyone knows when would be the earliest that I could do a FET?

Hi Mellyn I think will be about 1.5 to 2 months as the Dr will give you medicine to regulate/induce menses and prepare the endometrial lining(this was what the nurse told me during my ivf counselling) but I think there is another non medicated method (natural?) All the best!

Hi everyone I am on my day 6 stimm now on menopur, and hopefully doing EC between mon to thurs next week! Anything to help condition the follies for EC, diet wise? First time ivf!

My tcm always ask me to take more eggs and meat (I guess protein) for healthy follicles. All the best!

Not to worry. How worst result IVF could help as well. My sperm test result is Oligoasthenoteratozoospermia... n we thought no chance to having baby. But thanks to IVF... my wife will delivery in coming April
Wow, congrats and smooth delivery to your wife!

Hi Mellyn I think will be about 1.5 to 2 months as the Dr will give you medicine to regulate/induce menses and prepare the endometrial lining(this was what the nurse told me during my ivf counselling) but I think there is another non medicated method (natural?) All the best!
Hi Minzzy, all the best to you too. Jia you!!

Hi, today is my 8dp5dt. Im in my 2ww now, everyday is just crawling pass but i feel so normal, always tired (but previously before menses i also will feel very tired). Im a sahm with my girl (from the previous ivf) and i have the urge to POS but im so afraid to see the result. Shd i? Omg i think the waiting is driving me nuts.

Hi, today is my 8dp5dt. Im in my 2ww now, everyday is just crawling pass but i feel so normal, always tired (but previously before menses i also will feel very tired). Im a sahm with my girl (from the previous ivf) and i have the urge to POS but im so afraid to see the result. Shd i? Omg i think the waiting is driving me nuts.
Hi, for your first IVF? Which hospital u went to? Did u really bed rest for the first IVF? How old are you then? I understand ppl always say age plays a part

Hi, for your first IVF? Which hospital u went to? Did u really bed rest for the first IVF? How old are you then? I understand ppl always say age plays a part
I did mine at kkh. I had vague memories of my first cycle tbh, i think i nv really bed rest just that i slept alot. Im 27 for my first cycle.

Ya, i think age plays a big part too.

When is your appointment for blood test? Hang on there!
Just did my transfer today. Pray for the best..

I did my er three days ago. Only had 12 eggs though, much lesser than num of follies during the scans. Sigh. Super bloated last night i just had a few slices of bread for dinner. But maybe not enough, last nightbad bout off gastric. Such a roller coaster ride!

Hi nadrasophia,
Is this your 1st cycle? Is it also due to ohss?

Yes first cycle! Nope actually we discussed this with the doctor earlier while planning our journey and we agreed to take a month to flush out the drugs and let my body rest before we do the FET.

How many jabs do IVF requires daily? Is the jabs painful?

My daily cocktail as follows:
Day 2 to 5 i had one jab of menopur
Day 6 to 8 one jab menopur and one jab orgalutran
Day 9 to 10 reduced conc of menopur, one jab of orgalutran
Day 11 trigger shot (two jabs)
Day 13 ER!

I think menopur was ok, i cld administer myself also. But orgalutran and the trigger.. Eheheheh i cried. But i have a low pain threshold so... U might be able to cope with it better

My daily cocktail as follows:
Day 2 to 5 i had one jab of menopur
Day 6 to 8 one jab menopur and one jab orgalutran
Day 9 to 10 reduced conc of menopur, one jab of orgalutran
Day 11 trigger shot (two jabs)
Day 13 ER!

I think menopur was ok, i cld administer myself also. But orgalutran and the trigger.. Eheheheh i cried. But i have a low pain threshold so... U might be able to cope with it better
Is it a pen jab? Because I tried Gonal F pen jab, it was ok.. I can’t inject syringe myself as needle is too thick. How many times u went back for review during these two weeks of injection?

Yes first cycle! Nope actually we discussed this with the doctor earlier while planning our journey and we agreed to take a month to flush out the drugs and let my body rest before we do the FET.
I see. So your doctor recommended that this way is better? Initially, I was quite disappointed that I could not do a fresh transfer.

I did my er three days ago. Only had 12 eggs though, much lesser than num of follies during the scans. Sigh. Super bloated last night i just had a few slices of bread for dinner. But maybe not enough, last nightbad bout off gastric. Such a roller coaster ride!

No worries, mine only 7 eggs retrieved but had 1 fresh transfer n 3 frozen. Now at the 2ww. All the best!

Is it a pen jab? Because I tried Gonal F pen jab, it was ok.. I can’t inject syringe myself as needle is too thick. How many times u went back for review during these two weeks of injection?

Some use gonad F for ivf as well. Mine was menopur (needle n syringe) but the head is small, so not as painful. But the injection get a bit stinging with higher dose.

I see. So your doctor recommended that this way is better? Initially, I was quite disappointed that I could not do a fresh transfer.

Yeahh we initially thought of gg for fresh, but after listening to his explanation, we opted for fet because we felt tt it wld allow me time to recover from ER and then after tt next cycle prep myself for ET

Does anyone know if the ivf process (long/short protocol; timeline etc) will be advised by the KKH doc during the consultation or at the counselling session?

Does anyone know if the ivf process (long/short protocol; timeline etc) will be advised by the KKH doc during the consultation or at the counselling session?
Hello...the nurse would let u know whether you are under long or short protocol during the counselling session.

Hello...the nurse would let u know whether you are under long or short protocol during the counselling session.

Oh great, thanks!! Im slightly confused cos’ I am suppose to follow up with a second scan with the dr but I received the call for the briefing session prior to my next dr appt.

Ladies, I am in a ttc group chat. In the group chat there are a lot of ladies sharing how to increase ur chance for ivf and even there is sharing on how to pregnant thru natural. If u which to group the group chat, pm me ur name n number. I will get the admin to add u in.

Hey everyone

Anyone starting IVF cycle in March 2019?

I'm a 29yo female, TTC for 1.5 years. DH is 32.
We have had 1 failed IUI in Jan 2019 and will be proceeding with IVF at KKH for this coming March cycle.
Doctor dubbed us "unexplained subfertility", but she thinks it's most likely because DH has low sperm morphology (Teratospermia).

Our IVF briefing is scheduled for late February.
Anyone on the same boat?
Anyone been through IVF and willing to share tips?
Anyone has tips on how to naturally improve our chances?

Thanks~
I just came across ur post. I hope that your ivf has been a success. Ur case n my case is totally the same. Not sure have u see any tcm?

Ladies, I am in a ttc group chat. In the group chat there are a lot of ladies sharing how to increase ur chance for ivf and even there is sharing on how to pregnant thru natural. If u which to group the group chat, pm me ur name n number. I will get the admin to add u in.
Hi I’m interested.. pls add me in.. how do I give u my contact?

Back