November 2019 Mummies

Update us the good news!! HAHA. Can briefly share what u like about him?
Hi! Updates:
See Dr Adrian and did ultrasound but too small. He say lining is thick now, ask to see him next week.
Give me some medicine for stable pregnancy and previtamins.
He see me about 5mins? Chop chop n fast, but if got enquiry still can ask him.

at 6 weeks, abdominal scan should suffice! but some gynae will play safe and do transvaginal scan cause can see clearer.

Went to see a gynae and did both scan. Ended up the transvaginal scan captured the beanie at wk5 in the uterus. Now can only pray it will grow well for next’s review.

Hi! So I managed to see a gynae yesterday, Dr John Yam from Gleneagles. He tried to scan but being 4 week 4 days he couldn't see anything. He took some bloodwork and found out that my HCG levels are 744. Not sure if this is normal? I have a follow up with him this Fri to ensure that the HCG levels double in case of ectopic pregnancy. SO SCARY OMG.

At least he do some bloodwork to confirm haha.. thats good. For me, my gynae cant see anything so he jus say cannot confirm if its biochemical or ectopic pregnancy now (make me think and worry more!!) and jus send me back and schedule another appt. haha.

At least he do some bloodwork to confirm haha.. thats good. For me, my gynae cant see anything so he jus say cannot confirm if its biochemical or ectopic pregnancy now (make me think and worry more!!) and jus send me back and schedule another appt. haha.
as in, even the sac also cannot see?

Which gynae are you seeing? I think now thats its still early we can still 'shop around' to find a gynae that suits us (both emotionally and financially haha). I really like Dr Yam but he's not covered under my insurance and just that 1 visit already cost $300++. :(( So may have to change gynae even though he's so sweet and gentle. Hope that your gynae will do a more thorough check up the next round!

Btw anybody experiencing food aversions already? I'm rejecting meat and sweet stuff, and craving carbs and veggies, and my hubby says he doesn't know who I am anymore LOL.

Which gynae are you seeing? I think now thats its still early we can still 'shop around' to find a gynae that suits us (both emotionally and financially haha). I really like Dr Yam but he's not covered under my insurance and just that 1 visit already cost $300++. :(( So may have to change gynae even though he's so sweet and gentle. Hope that your gynae will do a more thorough check up the next round!

Gynae visit cover by insurance??

Check the receipt for details each item. Normally first time consultant will be expensive n subsequent repeat visit will be different price.

And also, first time should be ask include the ultrasound n some test fees to pay.

Hi mummies! First timer here. Just went to the gynae today for my first appointment at 6 weeks. Did a transvaginal scan and had a sense of relief when I saw the small tiny one with a flickering spot. But I am having some spotting so was given dydrogesterone which is making me light headed. Can't wait for the next appointment. Congrats to everyone!!

Hi mummies! First timer here. Just went to the gynae today for my first appointment at 6 weeks. Did a transvaginal scan and had a sense of relief when I saw the small tiny one with a flickering spot. But I am having some spotting so was given dydrogesterone which is making me light headed. Can't wait for the next appointment. Congrats to everyone!!
yessss. during my #1, i was also on duphaston (Dydrogesterone) and had dizziness and nausea sooo bad that i couldnt even function at work :(

but hang in there!!! it will get better as the days go by!

300+ with supplements? I went to W gynae - Dr Ben Choey.

as in, even the sac also cannot see?

erm not sure about that.. doc din really mention. but went to KKH today (as I was scheduled by polyclinic so i thought since last week cant see, might as well try this time. got appt liao anw. haha.. so why not).. but this week also cannot see the fetal :(..though managed to see the sac. I'm actually abit worried. is this normal? This is probably the 5th week since i was told last Fri is 4W3D.

Based on LMP, I'm week 6. excited daddy did say most accurate is through US. But i'm hearing alot of week 6 MTB here that already can see tiny beans with heartbeat. I was really hoping i can see the heart so there's like some assurance for me that its growing.

Last edited:

Hi Congratz there!! You are 6 weeks based on LMP? did doc tell u a diff date after US?

erm not sure about that.. doc din really mention. but went to KKH today (as I was scheduled by polyclinic so i thought since last week cant see, might as well try this time. got appt liao anw. haha.. so why not).. but this week also cannot see the fetal :(..though managed to see the sac. I'm actually abit worried. is this normal? This is probably the 5th week since i was told last Fri is 4W3D.

Based on LMP, I'm week 6. excited daddy did say most accurate is through US. But i'm hearing alot of week 6 MTB here that already can see tiny beans with heartbeat. I was really hoping i can see the heart so there's like some assurance for me that its growing.

Usually by wk6 ultrasound can clearly see the sac with heartbeat on doodler..

Maybe look for other doctor for scanning again?

Unless.. u ovulated slightly later based on ur LMP. So u might still be a week 5 ish.

No worries babe! Either get a 2nd opinion, or wait for another week or so!

So just a little update - had the second scan today at exactly 5 weeks and we saw the gestational sac, yay! Unfortunately, there was also a large pool of blood below the sac, so obviously doctor is worried and gave me duphaston as well as a follow up appt on Tues. I won't deny I was freaked out initially, but I've decided that I'm done being anxious and what will be will be. Stressing out isn't helping me or my maybe baby. Just gonna focus on the good, hope for the best but be prepared for the worst.

Going my for 6 weeks scan this afternoon!!! So kanjeong now. First time mum as well through 2nd round of IVF

Hi fellow MTBs! I’m new here I tested positive on Sunday with an early pregnancy test kit (the hcg test strip) but was in slight disbelief so I tested again ytd with a proper kit and I was so excited to see a very clear two lines again!!

According to Ovia Pregnancy app I’m 5W4D but on the Flo app I’m W6D5 ‍♀️ Ytd I went to the GP wanting to get prescribe with Folic Acid but dr told me to just get from Pharmacy. So today is my first day taking the folic acid.

I’m experiencing sore breast and cramps. I guess this symptoms are quite normal.

Rn for gynae I’m still considering between Dr Claudine Tan from Thomson Women’s Clinic (Serangoon) and the very popular Dr WK Tan. I think I will go for Dr Claudine first to see how things goes cus I stay Punggol, the thought of travelling to TMC is really... zzz

Anyone gg to Dr Claudine or Dr WK Tan?

hi! my edd is 3 nov.. just tested positive last fri.
i should be in week 6 now..
i am considering douglas ong or adrian woodworth as my gynea.. got to change coz these gyneas' clinics are more convenient for me..

anyone seen them before? :)

Hi fellow MTBs! I’m new here I tested positive on Sunday with an early pregnancy test kit (the hcg test strip) but was in slight disbelief so I tested again ytd with a proper kit and I was so excited to see a very clear two lines again!!

According to Ovia Pregnancy app I’m 5W4D but on the Flo app I’m W6D5 ‍♀️ Ytd I went to the GP wanting to get prescribe with Folic Acid but dr told me to just get from Pharmacy. So today is my first day taking the folic acid.

I’m experiencing sore breast and cramps. I guess this symptoms are quite normal.

Rn for gynae I’m still considering between Dr Claudine Tan from Thomson Women’s Clinic (Serangoon) and the very popular Dr WK Tan. I think I will go for Dr Claudine first to see how things goes cus I stay Punggol, the thought of travelling to TMC is really... zzz

Anyone gg to Dr Claudine or Dr WK Tan?
I'm with Claudine Tan.. :)

So far i went for 3 appts.. good experience.. very caring and friendly but she is not those motherly kind.. very direct and will answer to all your questions..I was spotting previously and was so worried but she gave me assurance calm me down..

Going my for 6 weeks scan this afternoon!!! So kanjeong now. First time mum as well through 2nd round of IVF

Congrats!!!=)
May i ask if you taken any supplements or anything which results in the successful IVF?
i had failed my first fresh IVF and do not have any embryos left. Gonna start from scratch. :/

Congrats!!!=)
May i ask if you taken any supplements or anything which results in the successful IVF?
i had failed my first fresh IVF and do not have any embryos left. Gonna start from scratch. :/

Sorry to hear that. Did u done ET with day 5 blastocyst? Your womb lining is important for implantation.

hi! my edd is 3 nov.. just tested positive last fri.
i should be in week 6 now..
i am considering douglas ong or adrian woodworth as my gynea.. got to change coz these gyneas' clinics are more convenient for me..

anyone seen them before? :)

Adrian delivered my first born. It's a love hate gyne. I love lol

HELLO nov mummies !!! Im week 5 today!! Due 4 Nov2019. #2 baby!

Has dizziness n nausea before my period was due so i kind of suspected..

Shall we start a whatsapp grp?!
Hi, I’m interested to join the WhatsApp group. First time mum so will appreciate the learnings from the group.

Hi~ Congratulation to you!! Whaw, 10 months?! That must be tiring. Actually I havent really decide on which gynae. Was hoping that I can get some recommendation from the forum actually. But I've visiting Dr Ben Choey (from W Gynae) for past few years.
how is dr ben cheoy? i understand is is pro natural. How about his stitching?

hello! did my first fresh ivf cycle and i got a BFP! :D currrently 5wk pregnant, did my scan and saw my beautiful yolk sac. i'd like to join the whatsapp group!

hi ladies, i’m also 5 wk pregnant. May I know if you already started taking prenatal vits, calcium aside from folic acid?

Congrats!!!=)
I have been seeing TCM Zou Yumin for nearly a year, eating her med and accupuncture after failing first ivf with no embryos frozen as well. There is a big change in embryo report (embryo quality and no of frozen) this time round.

Back