November 2019 Mummies

AZ.Zhang

Hello!! Wanna start the ball rolling.

Anyone also like me just found out you're pregnant?!

I’m lost, confused and worry as a first time mum. Who share the same sentiments? Based on LMP, I'm 5 weeks today ^^. But not getting much obvious signs (such as morning sickness, nausea, breast soreness etc), not sure if this is a good thing.

Please share with me your experience too!! :)

I’m lost, confused and worry as a first time mum. Who share the same sentiments? Based on LMP, I'm 5 weeks today ^^. But not getting much obvious signs (such as morning sickness, nausea, breast soreness etc), not sure if this is a good thing.

Hi there! . I just tested positive on my home pregnancy test kit. How did you know about your LMP and confirm your pregnancy. Please advise what should be the next step.

Thank you so much :)

Hi there! . I just tested positive on my home pregnancy test kit. How did you know about your LMP and confirm your pregnancy. Please advise what should be the next step.

Hello!! LMP is last menstrual period. So if you know yr LMP, you can input to any pregnancy app and it will calculate how far you are into your pregnancy. There are websites that can calculate for you as well.

I have tested positive as well. This will be my 2nd pregnancy.
There are nothing much you can do now because we are still at the very early stage of pregnancy. But you can start to look for a gynecologist (private or subsidised), book an appointment to see the gynecologist and lastly take your folic acid and prenatal supplement daily.

Congrats!! First of all, do not worry. Even though you are a first time mum, you will get to learn a lot from the expereienced mothers here.
Having no signs are okay. They may just kick in later into the pregnancy. **finger crossed**

Congrats!! First of all, do not worry. Even though you are a first time mum, you will get to learn a lot from the expereienced mothers here.
Having no signs are okay. They may just kick in later into the pregnancy. **finger crossed**

Hey!! Thanks for the assurance!

I also fell sick these few days with cold and diarrhoea.. read that it’s common for MTB since we are having a suppressed immune system, do you have the same experience? How was your first pregnancy like during the first trimester? Were you worried?

Last edited:

Hi~ Congratz to you!!

I read about LMP online, I confirmed by pregnancy at the polyclinic by chance actually. Didn't know I was pregnant and was going for some chest x-ray, then doctor asked for my LMP and say need to do a urine test before she allow the x-ray. So we did the urine test and found out I'm pregnant :)

Hello there! I'm currently 6 weeks pregnant.

Currently I'm having sore boobs and mild cramps here and there. And started gagging recently. Just visited the gynae on Friday and managed to see my gestational sac. Was asked to go back in two weeks time. I hope all will be fine!

just found out that im preg yesterday. my #2, 10 months apart from my first. have not arranged for gynae’s appt yet. which gynaes are you all seeing?

Hi! I just tested positive on friday as well!
Pretty early about 3weeks+ gg 4weeks now.
2nd pregnancy after 5 years~
Having giddy/nausea last week before I test.
Gg see gynae on friday!

Just tested positive yesterday.. still waiting for a blood test to confirm. Haven book for appointment yet.. so lost!

Hello. Based on my LMP I’m week 5 going 6 this week. Seeing gynae this Thursday cause I’m traveling next week.

Hi everyone! I’m 5weeks now, going 6weeks. I plan to see Goh SL, but the earliest appointment is end of the month, by then I’m 9weeks+ for 1st appt, is it too late?

Also, is it common to feel hot especially in the mornings? And is it common to have cramps just like those we have during menses? Haven’t got any preg symptoms yet.

Hi everyone! I’m 5weeks now, going 6weeks. I plan to see Goh SL, but the earliest appointment is end of the month, by then I’m 9weeks+ for 1st appt, is it too late?

Also, is it common to feel hot especially in the mornings? And is it common to have cramps just like those we have during menses? Haven’t got any preg symptoms yet.

Hi, Congrats!
I was worried am I too early to see a doctor instead!!
I do feel hot especially hot in the morning... I do have some implantation bleeding yesterday.

Hi and congratulations everyone! I found out I was pregnant on 28 Feb, quite early because I was looking out for it. Didn't have any symptoms then besides the occasional odd twinge or cramping in my abdomen. However for the past 3 evenings/nights I have felt really sick with nausea and experienced mood swings. It feels quite weird to me because I thought these symptoms should only come out during 6-8 week and I think I'm only 4 weeks plus :( Is this normal?

Hi, Congrats!
I was worried am I too early to see a doctor instead!!
I do feel hot especially hot in the morning... I do have some implantation bleeding yesterday.
I'm also worried I'm seeing a gynae too early haha (today!). But I guess it will be nice to have some reassurance, maybe do some bloodwork to check HCG levels?

just found out that im preg yesterday. my #2, 10 months apart from my first. have not arranged for gynae’s appt yet. which gynaes are you all seeing?

Hi~ Congratulation to you!! Whaw, 10 months?! That must be tiring. Actually I havent really decide on which gynae. Was hoping that I can get some recommendation from the forum actually. But I've visiting Dr Ben Choey (from W Gynae) for past few years.

Hi! I just tested positive on friday as well!
Pretty early about 3weeks+ gg 4weeks now.
2nd pregnancy after 5 years~
Having giddy/nausea last week before I test.
Gg see gynae on friday!

Hope you'll be able to see smth this Fri!! haa. Cuz I went last Fri when I found out on Mon that I'm pregnant but doc wasn't able to see anything. Based on LMP, I'm supposed to be 5 weeks though..but he say I'm probably 4 weeks 3 days... Not sure how he calculated.

Hope you'll be able to see smth this Fri!! haa. Cuz I went last Fri when I found out on Mon that I'm pregnant but doc wasn't able to see anything. Based on LMP, I'm supposed to be 5 weeks though..but he say I'm probably 4 weeks 3 days... Not sure how he calculated.

I'm gg to see Gynae today instead. Hopefully can see the sac or something.
my 1st child I went to Dr adrian woodworth, so going back to him this time again.
his review got good and bad, but for me I think he is ok la.

IMO, its abit too late. Should go like now in the 6 weeks marked (not an experienced MTB but from what I've researched and read so far). Week 6 can see baby heartbeat already, can check if growth is good. Week 9 is like gonna be end of first trimester liao.

Recommend you see another doc for a US first if you really wan to stick with Goh SL. :)

On your symptoms:
- I feel hot as well!! haha so I googled abit and found out that temperature usually rises for MTB. Any second timer care to share more on this?? :D
- Also from what I read so far, cramping is a norm but severe cramp accompanied with bleeding can be a bad sign (but suggest dun scare yourself and visit a doc soon)

Anyway, why you choose Goh SL (full name is what ah?? haha). I'm trying to choose my gynae also.

Hi and congratulations everyone! I found out I was pregnant on 28 Feb, quite early because I was looking out for it. Didn't have any symptoms then besides the occasional odd twinge or cramping in my abdomen. However for the past 3 evenings/nights I have felt really sick with nausea and experienced mood swings. It feels quite weird to me because I thought these symptoms should only come out during 6-8 week and I think I'm only 4 weeks plus :( Is this normal?

Hihi! Have you make appointment with your gynae? I think symptoms varies for each individual. Like myself, I really dont feel anything much even after I'm given Duphaston (which alot ppl mention symptoms to be more prominent after consuming it). I'm slightly worry also since I'm not feeling much difference haha, but was told by many that I should stay positive. I think the only way to assure ourselves is through US where we get to see the real thing :D.

I'm gg to see Gynae today instead. Hopefully can see the sac or something.
my 1st child I went to Dr adrian woodworth, so going back to him this time again.
his review got good and bad, but for me I think he is ok la.

Update us the good news!! HAHA. Can briefly share what u like about him?

IMO, its abit too late. Should go like now in the 6 weeks marked (not an experienced MTB but from what I've researched and read so far). Week 6 can see baby heartbeat already, can check if growth is good. Week 9 is like gonna be end of first trimester liao.

Recommend you see another doc for a US first if you really wan to stick with Goh SL. :)

On your symptoms:
- I feel hot as well!! haha so I googled abit and found out that temperature usually rises for MTB. Any second timer care to share more on this?? :D
- Also from what I read so far, cramping is a norm but severe cramp accompanied with bleeding can be a bad sign (but suggest dun scare yourself and visit a doc soon)

Anyway, why you choose Goh SL (full name is what ah?? haha). I'm trying to choose my gynae also.
Hi thanks for your reply :) but the nurse at Goh Shen Li’s Clinic said 1st visit should be wk8+ though.. :/ In a dilemma because if I see another gynae first, I’m afraid this gynae ask me to do lots of tests and go back for review.

I chose her because I want to deliver in Mount A, so far I’ve seen positive reviews on her, and my cousin (delivered last year) also said she’s good.

On your symptoms:

Week 9 end first trimester? Second trimester from week 14.. week 6 only small york sac n hear the heartbeat no any growth at all...

Ultrasound scanning is more accurate than your own calculation based on LMP.. your EDD will keep changing +/- few days before second trimester based on the length of fetus.

EDD will fixed only in second trimester then from there onward will see if fetus growth as per the growth chart...

Hi I’m seeing her too.. and no, it isn’t too late. You can see other walk in gynaes to monitor your pregnancy if it makes you comfortable then see her at week 9.

Hi! Im week 4 day 5 today. Yesterday was having a rough time, body ache and headache. This morning woke up feeling better but breast pain subside. Is it normal?

wah looks like a few of us going to Goh SL. i have also booked an appt for late March as shes not available now.. i guess its ok for me as i also went to her for my 1st.

Hihi! Have you make appointment with your gynae? I think symptoms varies for each individual. Like myself, I really dont feel anything much even after I'm given Duphaston (which alot ppl mention symptoms to be more prominent after consuming it). I'm slightly worry also since I'm not feeling much difference haha, but was told by many that I should stay positive. I think the only way to assure ourselves is through US where we get to see the real thing :D.

i remember the experience i had with duphaston with #1. it was UNBEARABLE.

but im also taking it now... and no side effects no nothing. guess it just differ from one preg to the other!

Hi! So I managed to see a gynae yesterday, Dr John Yam from Gleneagles. He tried to scan but being 4 week 4 days he couldn't see anything. He took some bloodwork and found out that my HCG levels are 744. Not sure if this is normal? I have a follow up with him this Fri to ensure that the HCG levels double in case of ectopic pregnancy. SO SCARY OMG.

Hi! So I managed to see a gynae yesterday, Dr John Yam from Gleneagles. He tried to scan but being 4 week 4 days he couldn't see anything. He took some bloodwork and found out that my HCG levels are 744. Not sure if this is normal? I have a follow up with him this Fri to ensure that the HCG levels double in case of ectopic pregnancy. SO SCARY OMG.

i think the first few weeks of pregnancy is VERY VERY scary lol. its so unpredictable and.. alot of worries.
this is my #2 but i still feel the fear i had with my #1 hahaha./ every gynae visit i keep worrying what if cannot see / hear / detect anything :(

i think the first few weeks of pregnancy is VERY VERY scary lol. its so unpredictable and.. alot of worries.
this is my #2 but i still feel the fear i had with my #1 hahaha./ every gynae visit i keep worrying what if cannot see / hear / detect anything :(
IKR??? I usually consider myself a very calm and rational person who's not very emotional. But this time round my anxiety and worry are skyrocketing :( I know deep down I'm really happy about the pregnancy but I'm not allowing myself to feel it much because of what I'm afraid may happen. Fingers crossed very tight!

IKR??? I usually consider myself a very calm and rational person who's not very emotional. But this time round my anxiety and worry are skyrocketing :( I know deep down I'm really happy about the pregnancy but I'm not allowing myself to feel it much because of what I'm afraid may happen. Fingers crossed very tight!

yes i totally feel you!! every single cramp i feel, i thought something bad is happening hahahah.

cross fingers n toes!! all will be fine!!

yes i totally feel you!! every single cramp i feel, i thought something bad is happening hahahah.

cross fingers n toes!! all will be fine!!
I’m visiting my gynae next week, at 6wks+, usually what kind of scan do they do? Adominal scan?

Back