Frustrating TTC journey

MrMrsJay

been diagnosed w PCOS & trying to get pregnant for 3 years now. Tried clomid, metformin and letrozole... all not working. Dr Veronique from KKH is super unhelpful and does not seem to care that we are TTC desperately.

Feels like giving up. Feels like sinking into depression. Badly yearning for a child.

Should I continue TTC or look at adoption?

I dont know if i can cope emotionally w ivf...

Hi, i am also with Dr Veronique kkh. i tried 3 months of Letrozole + 2 rounds of SO-IUI but unsuccessful.
She recommended IVF.
i just started my IVF cycle, so far still manageable.

i think we can't expect personal touch in govt hospital because there are so many patients.
It is so procedural. If not for the govt subsidy, i would have gone private. Don't have so much cash for such treatment.

I am currently on my second round of Letrozole. She has not suggested anything other than thse medication. Lets see on the next visit.

She has not even mentioned any IUI or IVF to me. She told me to focus on simply losing weight and saying that i have pcos because i am overweight??

Am thinking to go the private route at NUH. Seems to have good recommendation from Dr Anupriya.

I am currently on my second round of Letrozole. She has not suggested anything other than thse medication. Lets see on the next visit.

She has not even mentioned any IUI or IVF to me. She told me to focus on simply losing weight and saying that i have pcos because i am overweight??

Am thinking to go the private route at NUH. Seems to have good recommendation from Dr Anupriya.

oh she gave me 3 months of Letrozole --> next consultation.
1st round of SO-iui --> next consultation
2nd round of SO-IUI--> next consultation
current 1st IVF cycle .....

i am not sure if PCOS and weight has co-relation.

Maybe should look for second doctor opinion. Dr Sadhana from KKIVF centre are quite good.

Depend on individual, IVF can be not emotional at all.

Ivf isn't an easy journey but at least it's an option for you to consider stepping into if you have been ttc without success. I've been married for 7 years and my ivf journey was 5 yrs.. most imptly, keep what u want in mind and dont give up

actually, there is a corelation between PCOS & overweight. most ladies with PCOS are overweight or on a bigger side (me included hahaha). my gynae always always always ask me to lose weight because of this few reasons -
1) up to 50% of PCOS ladies have insulin resistance, which means that we have a higher chance of getting diabetes etc. so to prevent this, we have to be more active, exercise, diet etc to lose weight to have a healthier body.
2) with a healthier body / active lifestyle, your PCOS gets ALOT better. wont be as haywire as how it was.
3) and when that happens, there's a even higher chance of a successful ovulation, or ever better - conception!

i went for a checkup with my gynae last month after my menses decided to MIA for 2 months and realised that my PCOS is quite bad + my eggs are not growing well. they are all of the same tiny size when there's supposed to be 1 dominant one.
so now im on revosit, metformin & letrozole when my menses came before CNY.

hang in there ok! lets all jiayou for our TTC journey!

actually, there is a corelation between PCOS & overweight. most ladies with PCOS are overweight or on a bigger side (me included hahaha). my gynae always always always ask me to lose weight because of this few reasons -
1) up to 50% of PCOS ladies have insulin resistance, which means that we have a higher chance of getting diabetes etc. so to prevent this, we have to be more active, exercise, diet etc to lose weight to have a healthier body.
2) with a healthier body / active lifestyle, your PCOS gets ALOT better. wont be as haywire as how it was.
3) and when that happens, there's a even higher chance of a successful ovulation, or ever better - conception!

i went for a checkup with my gynae last month after my menses decided to MIA for 2 months and realised that my PCOS is quite bad + my eggs are not growing well. they are all of the same tiny size when there's supposed to be 1 dominant one.
so now im on revosit, metformin & letrozole when my menses came before CNY.

hang in there ok! lets all jiayou for our TTC journey!
Yes, I completely agree that most PCOS patients are overweight but you do not have PCOS BECAUSE you are overweight

And i have been trying my best to lose weight. Have lost a total of 7kg since Dec ‘18. Not much, but slowly.

And i just find it frustruating that she only wants me to focus on losing weight and not suggest any more fertility options.

Yes, I completely agree that most PCOS patients are overweight but you do not have PCOS BECAUSE you are overweight

And i have been trying my best to lose weight. Have lost a total of 7kg since Dec ‘18. Not much, but slowly.

And i just find it frustruating that she only wants me to focus on losing weight and not suggest any more fertility options.

did your gynae do an ultrasound for you? u/s is a obvious indicator if you have PCOS cause your ovaries will be covered with multiple tiny cysts. or for some, there's a bigger cyst.

did your gynae do an ultrasound for you? u/s is a obvious indicator if you have PCOS cause your ovaries will be covered with multiple tiny cysts. or for some, there's a bigger cyst.
Yes did the ultrasound. I dont have any cysts but just enlarged ovaries w multiple eggs thst dont mature & ovulate.

Yes did the ultrasound. I dont have any cysts but just enlarged ovaries w multiple eggs thst dont mature & ovulate.

that's PCOS already, right? the part where the multiple eggs dont mature/ovulate. thats why there are many small, fluid-filled sacs that grow inside the ovaries.

Try natural non toxin essential oils and supplement drinks to build up your inner guts n hormones.. it helps..

Hi ladies

I’ve just returned 400 red eggs this morning to Zhu Sheng Niang Niang for blessing me a pair of twins. Spreading the baby dust!!

1) Shuang Lin Cheng Huang Miao (Siong Lim Temple, part of Lian Shan Shuang Lin Monastery)

184 Jalan Toa Payoh
Phone: 6259 5292
Opening hours: 8am – 5pm

2) Giok Hong Tian Temple (Yu Huang Dian)

495 Havelock Road
Phone: 6733 5727
Opening hours: 7am – 5pm

Back