IVF/ICSI Support Group

Understand how u feel.. I also had 2 transferred on D2, 1 frozen, the remaining 3 was under observation till day 5 but 2 degenerated along the way, left 1 for observation but also not high hope for that. U did yours at KKH? Let’s try to tell ourselves they already transferred the best embryo in us and we just need 1 good one to bfp! Jia you

Yes I did mine at KKH. I feeel abit cramp on 2dpt is it normal?

Hi, may i know for those who visit dr tan siew buoy for tcm, where do you all get the electric pot (that we no need to watch fire) for brewing the chinese medicine.

I saw they sell at NTU for $148. Is there anywhere selling cheaper?

Thanks!

Hi, may i know for those who visit dr tan siew buoy for tcm, where do you all get the electric pot (that we no need to watch fire) for brewing the chinese medicine.

Thanks!

Me!! U can buy from her clinic at Chinatown.. but forget how much we bought. The pot is really good...

Saw it from Qoo10...
d1b839c2c93660d3a5407dd6fff3782a.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks!
I bought mine in Malaysia for RM60....

Me!! U can buy from her clinic at Chinatown.. but forget how much we bought. The pot is really good...

Saw it from Qoo10...
d1b839c2c93660d3a5407dd6fff3782a.jpg

Ya, but i dont dare to buy from qoo10. Cause i read someone commented that inside got plastic component.

Cause i am thinking $148 is quite expensive, not sure if there is cheaper option at Ck tang or OG? I went to harvey norman, but they don't sell such kind.

Ya, but i dont dare to buy from qoo10. Cause i read someone commented that inside got plastic component.

Cause i am thinking $148 is quite expensive, not sure if there is cheaper option at Ck tang or OG? I went to harvey norman, but they don't sell such kind.

I see. I think most of the place around this price range. We bought 2 pots already, both around this price.

By the way, u visit Dr Tan Siew Buoy her clinic or NTU?

Hi,

Visited at NTU, cause the appointment is earlier. But chinatown have night clinic right. Understand that they don't share information, not sure if I can switch to chinatown thereafter.

Why you need 2 pot? For the pot that you brought from her, is it it will automatically have a beep sound when the medicine is ready? No need to have high fire and medium fire like what is in the paper instruction?

After the beep sound, just pour out one bowl (it will automatically be one bowl kind of serving right?), then pour normal room temp inside the pot again to cook the 2nd round?

Do you have any success under her?

Hi,

Visited at NTU, cause the appointment is earlier. But chinatown have night clinic right. Understand that they don't share information, not sure if I can switch to chinatown thereafter.

Why you need 2 pot? For the pot that you brought from her, is it it will automatically have a beep sound when the medicine is ready? No need to have high fire and medium fire like what is in the paper instruction?

After the beep sound, just pour out one bowl (it will automatically be one bowl kind of serving right?), then pour normal room temp inside the pot again to cook the 2nd round?

Do you have any success under her?

We are her patient in her clinic in Chinatown. Usually is Wednesday or Friday evening time. Just nice after work then go to see her.

U can try call to her clinic in Chinatown ask. One of her helper (nurse) very nice person, always chit chat with my wife.

1 pot is for my brother in law.

Exactly, do not need press anything except on n off button. Put 3/4 bowl water then when done it will sound, turn off power then pour out will be 1 bowl exactly.

We succeed thru IVF/ICSI. But after a year visit her with medicine weekly, my wife menses are always “on time” which never happen in the past.

We are her patient in her clinic in Chinatown. Usually is Wednesday or Friday evening time. Just nice after work then go to see her.

U can try call to her clinic in Chinatown ask. One of her helper (nurse) very nice person, always chit chat with my wife.

1 pot is for my brother in law.

Exactly, do not need press anything except on n off button. Put 3/4 bowl water then when done it will sound, turn off power then pour out will be 1 bowl exactly.

We succeed thru IVF/ICSI. But after a year visit her with medicine weekly, my wife menses are always “on time” which never happen in the past.

Thanks but need to boil the 2nd time right?

Hi,
Anyone know of Chiropractor or Elderly Midwife lady who does alignment of uterus position? I've got tipped uterus and suspect it might be cause of my recurring miscarriages and 4x failed ARTs (2 IUI and 2 IVF).

Spent so much $$$ on investigations and test, and end up Drs only said it's perfectly fine, nothing wrong, unknown is quite common.

Very sad, just came back from KKH after receiving a call from the nurse about my preg Bld Test result (-ve)....

Hi I am 15dp2dt and I started spotting abit last night, usually like full stop size. Then when I took out the crinone gel insert last night I saw some pinkish discharge. Sorry if TMI. Anyone who experienced the same but went on to have a positive blood test? But deep down I think it’s my menses coming. Thanks

Hi,
Anyone know of Chiropractor or Elderly Midwife lady who does alignment of uterus position? I've got tipped uterus and suspect it might be cause of my recurring miscarriages and 4x failed ARTs (2 IUI and 2 IVF).

Spent so much $$$ on investigations and test, and end up Drs only said it's perfectly fine, nothing wrong, unknown is quite common.

Very sad, just came back from KKH after receiving a call from the nurse about my preg Bld Test result (-ve)....

I am so sorry to hear about your pregnancy test results.. big hugs to u.. pls take care and don’t give up.

Hi I am 15dp2dt and I started spotting abit last night, usually like full stop size. Then when I took out the crinone gel insert last night I saw some pinkish discharge. Sorry if TMI. Anyone who experienced the same but went on to have a positive blood test? But deep down I think it’s my menses coming. Thanks

Some people spotted but yet can still get BFP

I think by now U can use home preg test kit to check. All the best!

I am 11dp3dt today, clear blue pregnancy kit show bfn, started to have some brown discharge now. Hope my AF don come :( my blood test is this coming Thursday.

Hi I have endo, PCOS and blocked tubes. I am on my second FET cycle and I am so scared. My first try was a failure and it really broke me down. This time I insisted on putting 2 embryos instead of one and I have 7 left. All my embryos are 5/6 days blast. My blood test is due this coming thurs I am just so terrified.

Hi I have endo, PCOS and blocked tubes. I am on my second FET cycle and I am so scared. My first try was a failure and it really broke me down. This time I insisted on putting 2 embryos instead of one and I have 7 left. All my embryos are 5/6 days blast. My blood test is due this coming thurs I am just so terrified.

U can test with clearblue if u want

Try again, don’t give up

Today is 12dp3dt, this morning when i woke up, pad have nothing but when i wipe i saw brown discharge and little red blood so was pretty upset and never did another pregnancy test, subsequent toilet visits when wipe only see some brown discharge but have quite bad cramps like AF is coming since yesterday, insert crinone gel just now also have a bit of blood on the stick after insert, really hope still have chance, cross my finger. Should i call KKHIVF and request for earlier blood test?

Last edited:
Hi all. I am back again in my 3rd fresh cycle. But not getting hopeful. Was thinking how to proceed next if this cycle gonna fail me again. i'm gg 43 soon and what i understand for ppl above 40, we only have 5 chances of ivf. Afterwhich, may have to sought approval from MOH to continue. Would you suggest that i stay on with KKH or go pte???

Hi all. I am back again in my 3rd fresh cycle. But not getting hopeful. Was thinking how to proceed next if this cycle gonna fail me again. i'm gg 43 soon and what i understand for ppl above 40, we only have 5 chances of ivf. Afterwhich, may have to sought approval from MOH to continue. Would you suggest that i stay on with KKH or go pte???

I would suggest pte since already no more subsidy..

But u already started your 3rd cycle?

I tested using clear blue at 15dp2dt, bfn.. just left with one frozen embryo.. I am with KKH, any idea how soon after can I go for FET? And how to improve egg quality? Thanks

U can still do ivf after 40 just no Govt subsidy. Spore do not allow ivf after 45 but u can appeal with the help of your gynae. He/she can write in to Moh to appeal but subject to approval. If there are no more subsidy just go pte.

my menses came, went for blood test came back negative, spoke to the embryologist only 1 out of 5 embryos make it to freeze so the quality of my eggs are not ideal at all! Any idea how to improve on egg quality before i proceed for 2nd fresh few mths time?

my menses came, went for blood test came back negative, spoke to the embryologist only 1 out of 5 embryos make it to freeze so the quality of my eggs are not ideal at all! Any idea how to improve on egg quality before i proceed for 2nd fresh few mths time?

Can try ubiquinol and dhea to improve egg quality

Try Royal Jelly. We did took raw Royal Jelly after failed of first cycle.. subsequent cycle egg quality improved a lot

For me Low dose stimulation works. Tcm, and whatever supplement/ food didn’t help. So really depends on individual

You can still do ivf regardless in Govt or private hospital. Just that the Govt subsidies is capped at 3 fresh and 3 frozen cycle & Medisave is being capped at 15k per lifetime. If all is being exhausted, u just need to cough up all in cold cash regardless in private or Govt hospital .

I read that someone does 8 or 10 tries in ivf. Only 45 yo & above have to seek permission from ministry of health

Last edited:

Back