IVF 2019 support group

Hello..i just started my injections yesterday. Felt tired and slight cramps/headache. Baby dust to all of us.

Hi there,
I may go for IUI or IVF this year. Can I know how long it'll take to do all the tests before the actual procedure?
And can anyone share if they experience feelings of insecurity or jealousy whenever they see couples being pregnant or with kids? I find myself binging whenever I see these and I don't think its good for my physical and emotional health.

Hi there,
I may go for IUI or IVF this year. Can I know how long it'll take to do all the tests before the actual procedure?
And can anyone share if they experience feelings of insecurity or jealousy whenever they see couples being pregnant or with kids? I find myself binging whenever I see these and I don't think its good for my physical and emotional health.

Feelings of jealousy - yes definitely! I’ve come to terms with it and manage it. I try not to go to any baby parties (baby shower, one month etc ) or large group gatherings where ppl are bringing their kids. Seeing pregnant ppl at work is the worst, but we just have to manage it - pray and try to feel happy for them.

Hi there,

It will take about 2 to 3 months if i recalled correctly. Because after the tests, you have to follow up with Gynae for his advice--whether to go for IUI or IVF.

i was pretty down for a long while (> 6 months) whenever i hear my friends getting pregnant easily or fb posts of their happy families with kids. i suspect i have high-functioning depression. My colleague (40 yrs old) is pregnant with 3rd kid. I was depressed initially but i got over it. i told myself that for those who can conceive easily, go ahead to do their national service, anyway, we need the population. Since they can contribute, why not?
What angst me is when i read news about child abuse or abandoned child. A group of us are trying so hard to conceive but they abuse/abandon their kids.

Any plans to set up a WhatsApp group chat? I will love to join.. Just did my first natural IUI with KKH and failed.. Planning to go for SO-IUI or IVF next. . Will love to share and get more information from everyone whose ttc. . Cheers!

Hello, did my first IVF during end Dec 2018.
When to Thomson Chinese Medicine for acupuncture without chinese medicine during the process.
But failed on first try, had very very bad cramps during the week of the pregnancy test and was admitted to the hospital for a night.
Will try for a second time after Doc's review on the first cycle.

I'm seeing Dr Yu at SGH CARE.

Hi ! Am new here to motherhood forum. I have pcos.
I had a failed IUI done with my gynae and for 2nd iui , she increased my letrozole dosage to 5mg but my follicles still grow so slowly and i only ovulated on cd 28. My periods seemed to be longer after taking letrozole. Usually it is between 30-35 days with no letrozole (natural). I had 2 LH Peak and due to this miscalculation i missed my 2nd IUI. I was thinking to embark into IVF journey this year and skip the 2nd iui. I understand some doctors dont want to do for patient unless they failed 3 iuis ? Anyone has experience with IUI or IVF with Dr SF Loh from Thomson care to share ?
Been ttcing for 2.5yrs already with a MC.

Me too on 2ww, but spotting since 2 days ago!! And yesterday there was even fresh blood n blood clots, so now waiting for re-test on HCG tomorrow morning!!

Hi there,

Same here and I hate it when people get me involved or invite me to their baby shower, birthday or even baby gender announcements.

I know it's bad of me but I just can't feel excited for these mummy to be.

Hi, just got my negative beta. This is the 2nd failed cycle, I did the first one in Nov 18, also same result. I feel lost don’t know what else to do. I have no frozen embryo left. Any idea how to improve the egg quality?

Hi, just got my negative beta. This is the 2nd failed cycle, I did the first one in Nov 18, also same result. I feel lost don’t know what else to do. I have no frozen embryo left. Any idea how to improve the egg quality?

* hugs * :( Was it a blastocyst transfer? Sometimes it could be our lining also

My doctor told me to eat coq10 for better egg quality. Maybe you can try to buy it at the pharmacies or from iherb.

https://sg.iherb.com/pr/Healthy-Origins-Ubiquinol-Kaneka-Q-200-mg-60-Softgels/15762

It’s day 2 embryo transfer, 1 frozen embryo (4 cells) and 1 fresh cycle(5 cells). Thank you for your sharing!

My beta will be on Wednesday. I transferred a 3 day embryo and doctor was saying its a good grade. I have only 1 egg retrieved. I have been on hpt past few days but all showing negative. :(

It’s day 2 embryo transfer, 1 frozen embryo (4 cells) and 1 fresh cycle(5 cells). Thank you for your sharing!

I see, I transferred two d3 fet last year but failed. But it's okay we keep on trying.

You can also borrow from library the book " it starts with the egg" it's quite a useful read

Hi everyone, i’m new here. Joined sometime ago but dis is my 1st post. Badly need some emotional support now. Been ttc for 3 yrs, had 1 failed IUI (private clinic). Actually last yr i ws diagnosed wth & had laparoscopy for my endo, afterwhich I ws ok again (HSG cleared, eggs produced each mth, etc).
Tricky part is, DH’s sperm quality very poor. Not surprising, considering he ws a heavy smoker. When we first gt married, the doctor and I advised him numerously on his smoking, but he ws stubborn.
But seems our recent failed IUI (January this yr) AND doc’s good scolding finally knocked some sense into him, so currently DH been trying hard to reduce smoking.
Fyi, i’m 39 & DH is 46 (both of us gt no luck in de love dept & then we met each othr ‘late’ & the rest is history. & for each of us this is our first marriage). Anyway to cut the story short, it ws recommended that we do ivf.
As we’re obviously racing against time, I would love to do via private but we’ve decided on KKH due to $ concern.
I’d appreciate if anyone could give me a gist of the entire procedure starting frm getting referral frm Poly followed by going to KKH. Thank u very much:)

Planning 2. I’m having fertility massage by Angelia to prepare. My Cousin BfP after her massage. She’s like god sent to many pps also very nice and I love her for her humbleness n genuine also tcm to tiao my body and Husband

TCM Tan Kien Seng at Clementi
Fertility massage Angelia 94514908
Ps I read a lot review by her IVF patients BFP

Planning 2. I’m having fertility massage by Angelia to prepare. My Cousin BfP after her massage. She’s like god sent to many pps also very nice and I love her for her humbleness n genuine also tcm to tiao my body and Husband

Hello, I’m keen to know of the rates of Angelia since I’m thinking to book the fertility massage too! Thanks :)

Hi there,
Hi Natalie,

I am going to do IVF with KKH in April, my SO and I have completed all the preliminary tests in early February. We started with all the test in late December.
I too had my moments of jealousy and breakdowns when I hang out with friends who got married later than me but with 2 kids already. It is normal to feel all these emotions. Hubby's support is very important as well.

We need to be strong!

Hi everyone, i’m new here. Joined sometime ago but dis is my 1st post. Badly need some emotional support now. Been ttc for 3 yrs, had 1 failed IUI (private clinic). Actually last yr i ws diagnosed wth & had laparoscopy for my endo, afterwhich I ws ok again (HSG cleared, eggs produced each mth, etc).
Tricky part is, DH’s sperm quality very poor. Not surprising, considering he ws a heavy smoker. When we first gt married, the doctor and I advised him numerously on his smoking, but he ws stubborn.
But seems our recent failed IUI (January this yr) AND doc’s good scolding finally knocked some sense into him, so currently DH been trying hard to reduce smoking.
Fyi, i’m 39 & DH is 46 (both of us gt no luck in de love dept & then we met each othr ‘late’ & the rest is history. & for each of us this is our first marriage). Anyway to cut the story short, it ws recommended that we do ivf.
As we’re obviously racing against time, I would love to do via private but we’ve decided on KKH due to $ concern.
I’d appreciate if anyone could give me a gist of the entire procedure starting frm getting referral frm Poly followed by going to KKH. Thank u very much:)

Hi , you don't really need to go thru polyclinic if u are S'porean. It will only save you maybe few hundred dollars. on initial tests.

once u start IVF it is considered private treatment, in public hospital u can get Co-founder funding grant before 40y.o. that will help off set your costs. Good luck .

Hi, anyone doing Ivf with severe endometrosis? Is it painful or cramps when the injection period starts? Please advise. Concern about able to cope with work and the procedure.

Do acupuncture really help? How’s the massage? Is house massage or?

Hi everyone. I'm doing my first fresh transfer tomorrow, with Prof pc wong (NUH), praying for the best!

Accupuncture
accupuncture to tiao my body for overall well being. Massage is comfortable! I sleep like a log everytime after massage.she come to my house. Pps crown her as god sent and fertility fairy god mother. Hope she sprinkle baby dust onto me as well!

How are u guys doing? I'm currently waiting for beta test, and it's so nerve wrecking! Done in KKH btw. I and DH has been TTCing for 3.2 years, due to male factors. First IVF was a failure, currently doing frozen transfer.

I did HPT and turns out positive. Called KK IVF and they said better to come on the appointed date to avoid taking blood twice again as it's around $50 each time.

Anyone with dr Loh sf? For IVF? Please share experience. And also how to maximise the chances success?

before ovulation i take coq10, vitamin c, folic acid. Search for supplements or foods that can increase ur uterine lining. I also took chinese med and acupuncture to strengthen the womb.

After ovulation, i take selenium and zinc, brazil nuts, vitamin b6 and folic acid. These are needed for the embryo to implant and stick!

Good luck!

How are u guys doing? I'm currently waiting for beta test, and it's so nerve wrecking! Done in KKH btw. I and DH has been TTCing for 3.2 years, due to male factors. First IVF was a failure, currently doing frozen transfer.

I did HPT and turns out positive. Called KK IVF and they said better to come on the appointed date to avoid taking blood twice again as it's around $50 each time.
Congrats

Back