Any french mum to be ?

Thanks for your message.
It s not really that I want to talk to french mums but everything is so different here in terms of check ups and pregnancy follow up...
It is my second pregnancy, the first was in France. And I feel quite lost...

I get you. I’m staying in France currently and had my baby boy in France:) I felt the same as you as a Singaporean giving birth in France. The culture, the doctors, you have midwife and stuffs. I know how you feel.

It must have been difficult for you... especially as french medical staff can be super unfriendly at times...

I' m happy to hear that your experience in France was good !
Do you like it there ?
I remember preferring Singapore for raising my daughter as it is more kid friendly

I prefere Singapore to France. It's safer and it is a good place for kids I think. It is easy to go out with a child, even very small. I remember in France it use to be very difficult to go anywhere with my baby daughter.
The only thing I realize now is that medical is very expensive in Singapore and doctors have very different approach.

Oh !! My daughter is in bordeaux !!! ( I got divorced and I chose to let my daughter go back to France cause her father has a big family with lots of other kids...)... I miss her so much...
I spent most of my life in Paris i would say but I grew in many different places in france.
I am working in Singapore (in MC right now though :( ) and my husband is from India working in Sg too.
Both our insurrance don t cover pregnancy.

There are no upgrades that include pregnancy unfortunately... but we there is no complications, we will be fine.

I came back to france last summer and she's coming to visit in February. I hope at that time I won t be sick anymore... that scares me a lot.

How is you baby ? He must be 1 year old soon ( 2 month ?). That's the time when my daughter started to walk. Once they start they are unstoppable !
Did you make friends in France ? Do you work ? I remember the first year after my daughter birth i felt a bit isolated cause none of my friends had kids and I was a bit overwhelmed by the father's family.

Back