My child is born with an extra thumb (polydactyly)

Esmeralda

I’m looking for a doctor to do a surgical procedure to remove the extra and would like to know if any mummies here has experienced the same and will love to find out more.

Thanks so much!

Hi, have you found any good surgeon already? My newborn has exactly the same condition too. We are currently looking for a surgeon as well. Do you have any recommendation on the surgeon yet, is it possible to share with me?

Hi, have you found any good surgeon already? My newborn has exactly the same condition too. We are currently looking for a surgeon as well. Do you have any recommendation on the surgeon yet, is it possible to share with me?

D surgeon dat i used 4 my gal on 2 occasions was Dr Cheah Siew Leng. However, 1 of my gal's operation was emergency while d other, cos we find dat he was gd on d 1st op, we went back 2 him 4 d second op. Both ops were 4 diff issues. Hope this helps.

D surgeon dat i used 4 my gal on 2 occasions was Dr Cheah Siew Leng. However, 1 of my gal's operation was emergency while d other, cos we find dat he was gd on d 1st op, we went back 2 him 4 d second op. Both ops were 4 diff issues. Hope this helps.

Thank you for your reply. How is your child recovering? At which month did your LO do the surgery? Got so many questions in my head... Haiz.. Very worried Coz I'm a 1st time mom. Can I WhatsApp you for more info?

My gal went 4 emergency surgery when she was 4 mths old... due 2 malrotation which is an abnormality in which an infant's intestine does not form in the correct way in the abdomen. It was quite an ordeal 4 us, as we admitted DD in d evening, n was informed dat she wld need 2 undergo a surgery as soon as there is a theater available. When I saw Dr Cheah, i was a wreck, so DH dealt wif him. N since DD was only a few mths old, doc allowed a parent 2 bring her into d theater... i wanted 2 b d one bringing my gal in, but doc told me dat it was better if DH did it as he was more stable which is wat my gal needed den... Her appendix was also removed as doc said it's better 2 b removed den not knowing where d appendix wld b.

Den when she was 1.5 yrs old... PD noticed dat DD was more prone 2 UTI, n was concerned she may have urine reflux... which indeed was d case... n since prolonged urine reflux would cause kidney problems, we were given 2 choices... invasive or non invasive surgery... both DH n I had diff opinion... he wanted d non invasive, where success rate was about 70% while I wanted d invasive wif success rate @ 90%... since we have different opinion, we decided 2 go 2 d surgeon 4 2nd opinion.

Dr Cheah den gave us all d facts n in d end, both of us agreed dat invasive is d way 2 it... DD has since recovered fr all these surgery, thu she will b required 2 c a Paediatric Nephrology till she is 12. She is gonna b 6 this yr n she knows she has 2 scars on her...

Back