KKH Harmony Test

Hi.... Just saw a private gynae today and was advised to consider Oscar/NIPT. We kind of decided to do NIPT(harmony) but realize it's a lot cheaper to do it at kkh...
Is anyone with private gynae but did your NIPT at kkh? If yes, how did your private gynae accept this..thanks in advance

I think u need referral letter or gynea to help u make the appt. not sure they accept gynea in other hospital booking or not.

Hi, how long did your wait to get an appointment for both oscar and harmony test? I’ll be going for 1st doc visit to KKH on 24 Dec which I’ll already be in my week 11. Will they be able to arrange tests to be done on same day?

Hi folks. I originally came to this forum trying to look for the price of the Harmony test in advance. Anyway, in case this is useful info for anyone also trying to find out the cost of Harmony at KKH, I took the NIPT/Harmony Test yesterday as a KKH Subsidised Patient (19/12/2018) and it cost me S$375 (Before Govt Subsidy would have been $750).

To be a subsidised patient, when I first found out I was pregnant I went to my polyclinic to get the referral to KKH so I would pay subsidised rates.

Hi folks. I originally came to this forum trying to look for the price of the Harmony test in advance. Anyway, in case this is useful info for anyone also trying to find out the cost of Harmony at KKH, I took the NIPT/Harmony Test yesterday as a KKH Subsidised Patient (19/12/2018) and it cost me S$375 (Before Govt Subsidy would have been $750).

To be a subsidised patient, when I first found out I was pregnant I went to my polyclinic to get the referral to KKH so I would pay subsidised rates.

That’s right but subsidized patient can’t choose gynae...

Hi All,

1) Is it possible and how to convert from private patient to subsidies patient at KKH? Previously was visited Dr. Sadhana and she had transferred me to another Gynae after my 3 mths pregnancy. Yesterday I had my 1st visit to Gynae but she is leaving KKH soon in Feb 2019. I was thinking since she is going to transfer me again to another Gynae, then i intend to downgrade to subsidies patient as i'm going to do Amniocentesis on 15 Jan 2019 and the price is $1523 after medisave claim. It is quite pricey to me and I'm not sure what else test need to do in future. I had done few tests and check-up, already spent few thousand dollars.

2) NT Scan, one of the baby in a high risk in T21-1:64 & T18-1:282, NT 2.70mm, CRL 56.6mm, is it consider really high risk?

3) I'm still puzzled and not sure which test should i take. Gynae suggested take Amnio Test as Harmony Test not suitable for Twins, it is unable to identify which blood test belongs to which baby. But Amnio Test have the risk of miscarriage although it is at the low risk rate.

4) If the result show really high risk then i have to take away both although it is only one baby got high risk.

5) I'm really worry as i have spent so much money, put in so much effort, keep running to hospital and so much waiting time for each appt to have this successful pregnancy finally.

6) Subsidies patient waiting time how long? Yesterday i waited 1 and half hour under private patient. Subsidies location at KKH also at Clinic L?

7) I can't even get sleep whole night since the day i got the NT result. Super tired everyday.

Last edited:
Hi All,

1) Is it possible and how to convert from private patient to subsidies patient at KKH? Previously was visited Dr. Sadhana and she had transferred me to another Gynae after my 3 mths pregnancy. Yesterday I had my 1st visit to Gynae but she is leaving KKH soon in Feb 2019. I was thinking since she is going to transfer me again to another Gynae, then i intend to downgrade to subsidies patient as i'm going to do Amniocentesis on 15 Jan 2019 and the price is $1523 after medisave claim. It is quite pricey to me and I'm not sure what else test need to do in future. I had done few tests and check-up, already spent few thousand dollars.

2) NT Scan, one of the baby in a high risk in T21-1:64 & T18-1:282, NT 2.70mm, CRL 56.6mm, is it consider really high risk?

3) I'm still puzzled and not sure which test should i take. Gynae suggested take Amnio Test as Harmony Test not suitable for Twins, it is unable to identify which blood test belongs to which baby. But Amnio Test have the risk of miscarriage although it is at the low risk rate.

4) If the result show really high risk then i have to take away both although it is only one baby got high risk.

5) I'm really worry as i have spent so much money, put in so much effort, keep running to hospital and so much waiting time for each appt to have this successful pregnancy finally.

6) Subsidies patient waiting time how long? Yesterday i waited 1 and half hour under private patient. Subsidies location at KKH also at Clinic L?

7) I can't even get sleep whole night since the day i got the NT result. Super tired everyday.

Sorry to heard that! I think u can request transfer to subsidize patient and reason is because the risk u have. I suppose. Pls check with KKH, they should able to advice u.

Take note the FTS have significant fault positive rate!

We are also under Dr Sadhana previously. You transfer 2 embryos?

Sorry to heard that! I think u can request transfer to subsidize patient and reason is because the risk u have. I suppose. Pls check with KKH, they should able to advice u.

Take note the FTS have significant fault positive rate!

We are also under Dr Sadhana previously. You transfer 2 embryos?
Hmm, ok I will check with KKH then.

Ya, after gone through the sharing here it seems most of the NT result lack of accuracy.. but I do not want to regret after delivery and to make sure my healthy baby so no choice to go ahead the Amino Test.

Yes, I have transferred two embryos and I have no more embryo left.

Hmm, ok I will check with KKH then.

Ya, after gone through the sharing here it seems most of the NT result lack of accuracy.. but I do not want to regret after delivery and to make sure my healthy baby so no choice to go ahead the Amino Test.

Yes, I have transferred two embryos and I have no more embryo left.

You are so brave to transferred 2 and left nothing at the back...

Hi Pobble,

May I know what's the waiting time like from the time you visit the polyclinic to getting an appointment at KKH and to finally doing the Harmony test at KKH? I've been going to private clinic and he quoted me 400 for Oscar and 1200 for Harmony... Thinking of just doing it at KKH since I can get subsidised rates.

Hi.... Just saw a private gynae today and was advised to consider Oscar/NIPT. We kind of decided to do NIPT(harmony) but realize it's a lot cheaper to do it at kkh...
Is anyone with private gynae but did your NIPT at kkh? If yes, how did your private gynae accept this..thanks in advance

Hello carebearrocks!

Wonder if you went ahead to do your harmony test at KKH? If so, how did your private gynae accept this? And how was the wait time to get an appointment at KKH Too? Thanks!

Hi Pobble,

May I know what's the waiting time like from the time you visit the polyclinic to getting an appointment at KKH and to finally doing the Harmony test at KKH? I've been going to private clinic and he quoted me 400 for Oscar and 1200 for Harmony... Thinking of just doing it at KKH since I can get subsidised rates.
Hi Seashell123,

I visited the polyclinic on the 14 Dec which got me an appointment on the 24 Dec on the day itself after I visited the polyclinic. I wanted an earlier appointment too so I called KKH to asked for any earlier appointment but they said mine is as early as they can get for me which I thought isn’t too long anyway too.

On 24 Dec, I was already in my week 11 of pregnancy so I just told the doc I wanted to take both FTS (aka Oscar test) and NIPT (aka Harmony test) immediately and the doc agreed too. I managed to do blood test for both FTS and NIPT tests on that day. However as FTS includes ultrasound which requires appointment they scheduled me to do it a week later.

In all, FTS cost $86.50 (before subsidy $173) and NIPT cost $375 (before subsidy $750). There is 2 other different blood tests on antenatal profile eg to test for thalassemia, HIV etc.. which cost $112.50 (before subsidy $225).

I would say I didn’t expect a subsidised patient to be able to do so many tests in one go in one day too. Was quite happy and impressed as they didn’t asked me to come in different days to do different tests.

Hi Seashell123,

I visited the polyclinic on the 14 Dec which got me an appointment on the 24 Dec on the day itself after I visited the polyclinic. I wanted an earlier appointment too so I called KKH to asked for any earlier appointment but they said mine is as early as they can get for me which I thought isn’t too long anyway too.

On 24 Dec, I was already in my week 11 of pregnancy so I just told the doc I wanted to take both FTS (aka Oscar test) and NIPT (aka Harmony test) immediately and the doc agreed too. I managed to do blood test for both FTS and NIPT tests on that day. However as FTS includes ultrasound which requires appointment they scheduled me to do it a week later.

In all, FTS cost $86.50 (before subsidy $173) and NIPT cost $375 (before subsidy $750). There is 2 other different blood tests on antenatal profile eg to test for thalassemia, HIV etc.. which cost $112.50 (before subsidy $225).

I would say I didn’t expect a subsidised patient to be able to do so many tests in one go in one day too. Was quite happy and impressed as they didn’t asked me to come in different days to do different tests.

Hey Lowps!

Thank you for sharing! I’m 9 weeks now and still afraid that I would have to wait too Long to get tested in weeks 11-14! Nevertheless, I’m at the polyclinic now waiting to see the doctor.

Hopefully I’d be as lucky as you!!

At which week of pregnancy do i need to take Harmony Test if i did not do Oscar Test? Both will test for down syndrome right? But Harmony Test is more accurate then Oscar Test? Doc have for a detail scan on the 5th month of my pregnancy. Is that common?

At which week of pregnancy do i need to take Harmony Test if i did not do Oscar Test? Both will test for down syndrome right? But Harmony Test is more accurate then Oscar Test? Doc have for a detail scan on the 5th month of my pregnancy. Is that common?

Week 20 details scan is compulsory to check your baby if everything is developed properly... then follow by week 28 growth scanning to check baby size

Hello carebearrocks!

Wonder if you went ahead to do your harmony test at KKH? If so, how did your private gynae accept this? And how was the wait time to get an appointment at KKH Too? Thanks!

Hi, I did not. We were not sure of the process and timeline. Heard that the protocol is to do Oscar first then only harmony. So we went ahead with harmony with private gynae

Hi, I did not. We were not sure of the process and timeline. Heard that the protocol is to do Oscar first then only harmony. So we went ahead with harmony with private gynae

You can decide which test u want to do even their protocol is to do OSCAR first.

We did OSCAR n Harmony at the same time which they not advice but we insists.. because we are the one to pay money n baby is ours not belong to anyone or adviser...

I've been visiting a private gynae and would like to go through the referral process from polyclinic to get the Harmony test.

Can I check if we can tell the polyclinic doctor upfront that we would like a referral for Harmony test, or there are other pregnancy checks that we need to go through with the polyclinic doctors first before the referral?

Thanks alot in advance!

I've been visiting a private gynae and would like to go through the referral process from polyclinic to get the Harmony test.

Can I check if we can tell the polyclinic doctor upfront that we would like a referral for Harmony test, or there are other pregnancy checks that we need to go through with the polyclinic doctors first before the referral?

Thanks alot in advance!

Since you are on private why would you need get referral letter? Due to the cost of Harmony test? Referral letter will refer u to KKH only!

hey sorry to hear about your Oscar result. it must have given you a bad scare. have you gone for the NIPT test? I did mine at KK and result was out in a week. I couldn't wait till I see my doc so I "cheated" by calling them to check my result.

yes my harmony result came back all good though doctor told me since I'm expecting a baby girl, the NT measure of 3.2mm could still point to Turner's Syndrome though uncommon based on his experience. the only way to find out is thru amnio which I don't see the point to take the risk!

Hi,

Can I check which hotline did you called up to kkh to check on the result? 1 week later? I just did my tests on Friday and hoping to know the results ASAP.

Hi Grass patch,

To do the Harmony test at KKH, you can call up KKH to make an appt as a private patient. If you search through the motherhood forum, I think the KKH Harmony test is about $800 for private patient. That is excluding the gynae consultation. If you factor in the private gynae consultation rate, it would probably cost about the same as doing it at Thomson Medical.

To get the subsidised rate at KKH, you have to visit a polyclinic first and get the dr at the polyclinic to refer you as a subsidised patient to KKH. The polyclinic will then arrange for an appointment to see a gynae at KKH.
Only a KKH gynae can refer you to go for a screening consultation. Then you can decide if you want an OSCAR test or Harmony test or both. The screening consultation nurse will then arrange all the tests for you.

I paid for my subsidised OSCAR test and Harmony test today. Total bill is $548.
The nurse told me the subsidised OSCAR test is $170+ and subsidised Harmony test is $370+.

I also paid the subsidised rate of $87 for my first gynae consultation and ultrasound scan.

Hi! Just wondering is there any criteria to qualify to be subsidised patient? E.g. income/whether you're high risk

Thanks!

Hi,

Can I check which hotline did you called up to kkh to check on the result? 1 week later? I just did my tests on Friday and hoping to know the results ASAP.

I called up AMC and requested to speak to my counselor so they directed my call to her and from there she logged in the system to check.

Hi! Just wondering is there any criteria to qualify to be subsidised patient? E.g. income/whether you're high risk

Thanks!
Hi Sparky86, there’s no criteria at all. All you need to do is to go for a polyclinic consultation and get a referral letter from the doctor to refer you to kkh. Kkh will then subsequently arrange you on next available appointment at kkh.

I called up AMC and requested to speak to my counselor so they directed my call to her and from there she logged in the system to check.
Hi, can i have the number to AMC, im unable to location in KKH website. FTS result for mine is high risk. Therefore, did my Harmony test on 01 Feb. So have been enduring for more than a week and have to wait to my next GYNE visit in 19 Feb. This feeling is horrible.

Last edited:
Hi, can i have the number to AMC, im unable to location in KKH website. FTS result for mine is high risk. Therefore, did my Harmony test on 01 Feb. So have been enduring for more than a week and have to wait to my next GYNE visit in 19 Feb. This feeling is horrible.

Hi, I think the number is 63948969 based on my call log...

All the best and praying for the best for you!

My FTS result was high risk as well (1:277) however I did NIPT at the same time as well and I managed to know the result after one week from the test taken. 1:10000 so thankful!

My FTS result was high risk as well (1:277) however I did NIPT at the same time as well and I managed to know the result after one week from the test taken. 1:10000 so thankful!
That's good news... . Happy for u. . Hope mine will be the same too... . Called them but they not telling me the result. .. Says have to wait till my next appointment ...

I only want to test for NIPT. Can we insist on this test only and when will the test be conducted? i.e week 10 or later?

I only want to test for NIPT. Can we insist on this test only and when will the test be conducted? i.e week 10 or later?

Of course the decision on us

ece225b451e50820db1a20941e028532.jpg

Just done the test.

was referred in from polyclinic. there is subsidy, after subsidy it's around 180. blood test and scan for oscar test.

did not took harmony as the result was low risk.

Just done the test.

was referred in from polyclinic. there is subsidy, after subsidy it's around 180. blood test and scan for oscar test.

did not took harmony as the result was low risk.

Ahh thanks for sharing! Did they tell you how much was the harmony for subsidised patient? TIA :)

Ahh thanks for sharing! Did they tell you how much was the harmony for subsidised patient? TIA :)

I did the Harmony Test at KKH as a subsidised patient back in Mar 2019 - the test alone set me back about $390.
My private gynae was charging $1000 for the this test.

Do note that as long as you are a first-time patient, even if you specifically want to do only the NIPT at KKH, you will still have to first do the routine consultation with a doctor in order to be referred for the NIPT/Harmony Test at KKH (which can be done on the same day).

My bill came to $462, inclusive of the Harmony Test + ultrasound scan + routine consultation.

I did the Harmony Test at KKH as a subsidised patient back in Mar 2019 - the test alone set me back about $390.
My private gynae was charging $1000 for the this test.

Do note that as long as you are a first-time patient, even if you specifically want to do only the NIPT at KKH, you will still have to first do the routine consultation with a doctor in order to be referred for the NIPT/Harmony Test at KKH (which can be done on the same day).

My bill came to $462, inclusive of the Harmony Test + ultrasound scan + routine consultation.
Did they tell u about gender also in kkh? Which gynec do you prefer share contact number ?

Hi Seashell123,

I would say I didn’t expect a subsidised patient to be able to do so many tests in one go in one day too. Was quite impressed as they didn’t asked me to come in different days to do different tests.

Hi all, i just did fts/Oscar test at kkh ytd to check for down syndrome and was told that my baby is having a thick neck hence a risk of down syndrome. But nasal bone can be seen. Im worried sick.. Currently waiting for blood test results to be out. Any advice??

First-time mummy here. In order to get the subsidy from KKH to do the Harmony Test and Oscar Test, I need to visit the Polyclinic first right?

Just did my Oscar test, NT is 2mm and 1.9mm, T21 1:2823 and 1:3000 (ivf twins) . Doc said is low Risk, but I saw many said Oscar always giving false positive result, possible it will giving false negative result also? I m not that kind of optimistic ppl, should I go for harmony test? Although the accuracy only 94% for twins?
I also heard that there is no subsidy for harmony in KKH.

Just did my Oscar test, NT is 2mm and 1.9mm, T21 1:2823 and 1:3000 (ivf twins) . Doc said is low Risk, but I saw many said Oscar always giving false positive result, possible it will giving false negative result also? I m not that kind of optimistic ppl, should I go for harmony test? Although the accuracy only 94% for twins?
I also heard that there is no subsidy for harmony in KKH.

Under subsidy patient u will have -50% subsidy. If u are on KKH Private then pay full price

Back