Poor Semen Analysis Result and BFP!

Twinklingstars

Hi all, just want to share my TTC journey and some advices.

I, 34, my husband, 38. After trying for 6 months to no avail, I decided not to delay any further and make an appointment to see gynaecologist and went through a thorough checkup together with my husband.

My husband's semen analysis turned out to have low mortality 8%, low vitality 17% and low normal forms <1%. Fortunately, all my results were within normal range. The gynae prescribed 3 months worth of Abbott's Profertil and recommended Vitamin C for my husband. We decided to give these supplements a try even though my husband had been taking different brand of supplements since we started TTC-ing. Two months later, unexpectedly, I got a BFP!

The only thing I did differently that led to this BFP was I did not rinse myself after the deed. Instead, I put a pillow under my butt and went straight to sleep!

I have been taking home made chicken essence almost every day since my husband and I started TTC-ing 8 months ago. We bought Swiss made Kuhn Rikon DUROMATIC pressure cooker (24cm, 8L, #3018) and their juice extractor set (#2010) from the UK Amazon website. The pressure cooker and the juice extractor set are certainly not cheap but in the long run, it is definitely cheaper than spending $200 on Tian Yuan Xiang chicken essence every month during the TTC-ing and later the confinement periods. Every week I would buy one kampong chicken, chop it into smaller pieces, add some red dates and goji berries into the collection pot, set the timer on my induction cooker and cook for 3 hours. Each batch will produce about 5 bowls of chicken essence. I would divide the chicken essence equally before storing them in the fridge. I heat it up using microwave.

I hope my sharing is helpful. To couples who are TTC-ing, don't lose hope and stay positive!

Last edited:

As far as I know, chicken essence is suitable for men and women from all age groups. My mom used to make chicken essence for me and my siblings when we were preparing for our school exams. The pot she used was a stainless steel outermost pot and ceramic inner pots specifically made for making chicken essence, it takes about 8 hours continuous low fire cooking and requires frequent water adding to the outermost pot.

For those who are interested to try home made chicken essence with the use of pressure cooker, here is the YouTube link.

Last edited:
Hi all, just want to share my TTC journey and some advices.

I, 34, my husband, 38. After trying for 6 months to no avail, I decided not to delay any further and make an appointment to see gynaecologist and went through a thorough checkup together with my husband.

My husband's semen analysis turned out to have low mortality 8%, low vitality 17% and low normal forms <1%. Fortunately, all my results were within normal range. The gynae prescribed 3 months worth of Abbott's Profertil and recommended Vitamin C for my husband. We decided to give these supplements a try even though my husband had been taking different brand of supplements since we started TTC-ing. Two months later, unexpectedly, I got a BFP!

The only thing I did differently that led to this BFP was I did not rinse myself after the deed. Instead, I put a pillow under my butt and went straight to sleep!

I have been taking home made chicken essence almost every day since my husband and I started TTC-ing 8 months ago. We bought Swiss made Kuhn Rikon DUROMATIC pressure cooker (24cm, 8L, #3018) and their juice extractor set (#2010) from the UK Amazon website. The pressure cooker and the juice extractor set are certainly not cheap but in the long run, it is definitely cheaper than spending $200 on Tian Yuan Xiang chicken essence every month during the TTC-ing and later the confinement periods. Every week I would buy one kampong chicken, chop it into smaller pieces, add some red dates and goji berries into the collection pot, set the timer on my induction cooker and cook for 3 hours. Each batch will produce about 5 bowls of chicken essence. I would divide the chicken essence equally before storing them in the fridge. I heat it up using microwave.

I hope my sharing is helpful. To couples who are TTC-ing, don't lose hope and stay positive!
Twinklingstars congratulations!

Me n my hb trying for 2 yrs plus still no news, we went to check up n found out that my hb got low sperm morphology, me has low vit d. While we are taking some of the supplements, can we take chicken essence at the same time? If we buy the brand's chicken essence to drink, will its help? U drink how many times per week?

Hi EY Girl,

I used to drink home made chicken essence everyday but the preparation, cooking and washing that fell on weekdays after work became quite a challenge for me to handle. After a while, I decided to cook only on weekends and drink chicken essence 5 days a week. I usually drink chicken essence first thing in the morning, as recommended by some of the forumers, then I would have my breakfast and lastly take my supplements before I head out for work.

I remember there were comments about some brands of chicken essence are not pure, they are a mixture of pork broth and chicken essence. You need to be aware of this.

Back