IVF at KKH

Hi goodluck888. I am exactly the same situation as you and was upset a little. Dr Jessie said my 4 remaining embryos were all without grading (day 4 stage) so she transferred the 2x best looking ones. I’m now in my 2ww.. already 4 days after ET, no cramp, no bloating, no spotting. ☹️

U won’t have any of that feel bcos implantation if on the way only.. those feeling come when the successful implantation and u get the blood test positive.

I guess the 2ww is horrible everyday google google although i know it’s not good

Yes is horrible especially if u stay at home nothing to do. My wife stay at home for first 2-3 days after ET.. she went to work after that. Make herself busy without think so much. We start kan Cheong the day before blood test! She cry when KKH called her...

Yes is horrible especially if u stay at home nothing to do. My wife stay at home for first 2-3 days after ET.. she went to work after that. Make herself busy without think so much. We start kan Cheong the day before blood test! She cry when KKH called her...

Actually I thought of doing that maybe I should.

I hope it’s good news for your wife?

Congrats to your wife! Amazing news!!

Last edited:
I started work the next day after ET because I wanted to keep my mind occupied. So I did 4hrs a day. I do sofa rest from 8am to 2pm everyday then 3pm-7pm to work.

STILL, time passes so slow. Today is 6dp5dt...

Congrats to your wife! Amazing news!!

Actually u are pregnant!! By thinking that u will feel better n think abt what u want to do after that? Waiting is really killing n make we more stress

Hi goodluck888. I am exactly the same situation as you and was upset a little. Dr Jessie said my 4 remaining embryos were all without grading (day 4 stage) so she transferred the 2x best looking ones. I’m now in my 2ww.. already 4 days after ET, no cramp, no bloating, no spotting. ☹️
Gotta think positively and have faith in the embryos. At least you transferred 2 embryos. I was only given 1 choice. It’s normal not having cramp, bloat or spotting. I only started cramp around 2 days before blood test.

Good luck

Gotta think positively and have faith in the embryos. At least you transferred 2 embryos. I was only given 1 choice. It’s normal not having cramp, bloat or spotting. I only started cramp around 2 days before blood test.

Good luck

Thank you! Ok, I will keep reminding myself

Today is my day 9 after transfer. I just used the clearblue kit and it was negative

Don’t be too stress n disappointed with the test kit.. wait for blood test result.

Your hCG level might not yet reach the level to get u positive at the moment. There is a reason why we should only get the blood test after 2 weeks...

Today is my day 9 after transfer. I just used the clearblue kit and it was negative

acffad35aa154113cf23464f199cb2e1.jpg

Ytd I had cramps and sharp pains which I never had. Then there was brown discharge ytd and today. JUST, I saw dark red blood. I think my menses is here.. do I still need to go blood test on Wed then? Still need to do the vaginal insert?

Ytd I had cramps and sharp pains which I never had. Then there was brown discharge ytd and today. JUST, I saw dark red blood. I think my menses is here.. do I still need to go blood test on Wed then? Still need to do the vaginal insert?

You can request for earlier blood test on Monday. Yah..if it is menses, most likely they will ask u to stop all medication.

I was thinking to go down on Monday instead then no need to wait till Wed since menses already came.

U can go A&E if u worry n u still need go to blood test.. don’t judge yourself bcos got blood discharge still possible to pregnant! Go to hospital for their advise insists guessing

I did my frozen blastocyst transfer last Tuesday... Today is day 6 post transfer. I got a negative on clear blue this morning..

Trying not to lose hope.

I did my frozen blastocyst transfer last Tuesday... Today is day 6 post transfer. I got a negative on clear blue this morning..

Trying not to lose hope.

=_=|||

They ask u blood test day 14 but u test day 6 then get negative and stress yourself. I know is long wait but try not stress yourself.. I know talk is easy but me n my wife went through the process.. listen to doctor advise n wait until blood test ba

Thanks for your advice .

Haha, I was reading other forums. Many ladies share that for 5 days embryo, they have bfp on day 5 post transfer .Yes guess no choice but to wait.

Dear all. I did my IUI-SO last year and failed. :( Hubby and I decided to continue to try natural but till today still no good news. We decided to go for IVF. After the visit, dr said that the earliest IVF is Jan 2019. I am very excited to embark on the IVF journey but at the same time I’m in a dilemma situation. Appreciate those have have went thru this journey to advice me further. My period is always around 7th every month. Dr said if no hippcup, I will proceed in Jan once my menses report on first day. Followed by scanning and extraction and 20 days HL.

My question is if my period start on 07 Jan 2019 and I have a important co audit to lead at work around 23 Jan. Will it crash with my 20days hospitalisation leave?

Dear all. I did my IUI-SO last year and failed. :( Hubby and I decided to continue to try natural but till today still no good news. We decided to go for IVF. After the visit, dr said that the earliest IVF is Jan 2019. I am very excited to embark on the IVF journey but at the same time I’m in a dilemma situation. Appreciate those have have went thru this journey to advice me further. My period is always around 7th every month. Dr said if no hippcup, I will proceed in Jan once my menses report on first day. Followed by scanning and extraction and 20 days HL.

My question is if my period start on 07 Jan 2019 and I have a important co audit to lead at work around 23 Jan. Will it crash with my 20days hospitalisation leave?

yes cause the IVF cycle follows similar to your menses cycle. your HL will be for the second half of your menses cycle. so based on your dates, if you have no delays in achieving optimal follicle size and lining thickness, your HL prob will start around 10 to 15 days after 07.01.19. i.e. 17.01.19 onwards.

yes cause the IVF cycle follows similar to your menses cycle. your HL will be for the second half of your menses cycle. so based on your dates, if you have no delays in achieving optimal follicle size and lining thickness, your HL prob will start around 10 to 15 days after 07.01.19. i.e. 17.01.19 onwards.
Thanks Mich.. :(

Yes or no.. of course high chance. Once the procedure start all will depend how your body react to the medication. The standard schedule always mentioned 14 days for injection but we went thru 2 short protocol n took 11 days only then follicle pick up n ET after 5 days which total 16 days only...

Yes or no.. of course high chance. Once the procedure start all will depend how your body react to the medication. The standard schedule always mentioned 14 days for injection but we went thru 2 short protocol n took 11 days only then follicle pick up n ET after 5 days which total 16 days only...
yes, @Excited daddy but it will still coincide with the HL after that.

yes, @Excited daddy but it will still coincide with the HL after that.

Yes but actually u can choose to work instead of stay at home during the TWW. It will damn painful wait and u want to know the outcome early.

My wife did stay at home for few days after ET then she back to work! By the way, she is auditor too..

If u keen to stay at home then u have to decide whether your work is more important or your future baby lo... spend so much n so many time to in order to have precious is worth than anything! Your company can replace u with someone easily.. just my few cents thought only, no offend.

Yes but actually u can choose to work instead of stay at home during the TWW. It will damn painful wait and u want to know the outcome early.

My wife did stay at home for few days after ET then she back to work! By the way, she is auditor too..

If u keen to stay at home then u have to decide whether your work is more important or your future baby lo... spend so much n so many time to in order to have precious is worth than anything! Your company can replace u with someone easily.. just my few cents thought only, no offend.

My wife company used to not allow 4 months continually maternity leave... I have make it clear to my wife if they instead don’t allow, after 3 months maternity then go back resign.. we tried so hard to have this precious baby, and excited to have him soon I will stand very firm if anything stop us on our plan

My wife company used to not allow 4 months continually maternity leave... I have make it clear to my wife if they instead don’t allow, after 3 months maternity then go back resign.. we tried so hard to have this precious baby, and excited to have him soon I will stand very firm if anything stop us on our plan

auditor here too :) LOL
I have done both staying at home and going back to work. its really depending on your physical and mental state.

for me, I had ohss during fresh cycle so even before ER I am very uncomfortable due to the bloating. so the 19 days at home was not fun but much better than sitting at my desk the whole day.

I think the risk of going back to work is - you may need a few cycles to succeed.

In the first cycle, can just give excuse and ignore your boss and take leave . But what if fail and need to try again ?

What if second cycle also fail and need to try third one? Boss may ask when is this going to finish.

I think the risk of going back to work is - you may need a few cycles to succeed.

In the first cycle, can just give excuse and ignore your boss and take leave . But what if fail and need to try again ?

What if second cycle also fail and need to try third one? Boss may ask when is this going to finish.
yeah, you need an understanding boss and colleagues.
I left my previous job because I know they would not understand and so I would be more stressed / pressured. I did 3 cycles while I was unemployed.
been lucky that current boss & colleagues are nice, workload is manageable and my annual leave is also enough to "hide" one cycle.
BUT don't worry unnecessarily for future which you cannot control.

I agreed there is risk to fail the cycle but all actually depend how your body react.

Boss can’t do anything to u as long as u tell them the truth u are on IVF treatment and got a valid MC or HL. Anything happen u can bring to MOM and I strongly believe they will force employer in certain level. This is why government give subsidies to encourage couple who have infertility problem.

My 2cents of personal thought only.

PS: we went through 2 cycles also.. and just tell boss in advance. My wife is auditor n have tide schedule but we are able to negotiate with boss. I just join new company but also able to negotiate n get many unpaid leave during the period. Lol

Few of my friends rest at home but still fail for 2-3 cycles.. hehe

I have total 11 follicles found during D14 scan, ER only 6 and only 1 is fertilized. D2 after ER, my the only egg did not grow future.

No ET can be done due to no egg left..Due to poor egg quality. My AMH is 8.7, anything i can do to improve my egg quality? it is am not suitable the medication during stimulation (i have 300 Gonal-F at nite and 75 menupur in morning)

Anyone have this experience before. what shall i do next? i have to start everything again on my next cycle..

I have total 11 follicles found during D14 scan, ER only 6 and only 1 is fertilized. D2 after ER, my the only egg did not grow future.

No ET can be done due to no egg left..Due to poor egg quality. My AMH is 8.7, anything i can do to improve my egg quality? it is am not suitable the medication during stimulation (i have 300 Gonal-F at nite and 75 menupur in morning)

Anyone have this experience before. what shall i do next? i have to start everything again on my next cycle..

Hi Pandorra, sorry to hear that but not to worry! My wife exactly have same issue with u on our first IVF treatment.

Who is your doctor? I thought gonal f or any medication should have to inject at morning except the trigger injection?

My wife first treatment 1 injection (gonal f) per day until day 4 then add Orgalutran to prevent ovulation. Day 9 then do the trigger injection at night

Second treatment 2 injection (Puregon n Saizen) per day.. day 4 then add Orgalutran.. day 11 (Supposed day 10 maybe due to Sunday so delay one day) do trigger injection.

Second time ER, we have 9 eggs and 5 grade A embryos in day 5 after ER.. ET one and 4 are freeze.. currently my wife is week 19 of pregnant already...

Don’t give up.. keep trying

Hi Pandorra, sorry to hear that but not to worry! My wife exactly have same issue with u on our first IVF treatment.

Who is your doctor? I thought gonal f or any medication should have to inject at morning except the trigger injection?

My wife first treatment 1 injection (gonal f) per day until day 4 then add Orgalutran to prevent ovulation. Day 9 then do the trigger injection at night

Second treatment 2 injection (Puregon n Saizen) per day.. day 4 then add Orgalutran.. day 11 (Supposed day 10 maybe due to Sunday so delay one day) do trigger injection.

Second time ER, we have 9 eggs and 5 grade A embryos in day 5 after ER.. ET one and 4 are freeze.. currently my wife is week 19 of pregnant already...

Don’t give up.. keep trying[

My doctor is prof wong in NUH..i had routine menupur 75mg in morning then gonal-f 300iui at night for 14days injection. You wife got low egg reserves problem?

:( sorry to hear of your experience. Egg quality is a difficult matter to address. You can look for a book called "It started with the Egg" by Rebecca Fett. She gives some good options on supplements, medications, holistic living, food, etc so you can decide what fits based on your health and judgement.

there are different medications, and your ivf dr will probably change the medication next cycle to see which works. there are also saizen and pergoveris drugs used by KKIVF. you can see them listed on your IVF form (the one measuring your stimulation days and injections).

Don't give up!

Back