KKH Harmony Test

Arywene

Hi, did anyone do harmony test at KKH? Do they inform you of the results through phone? I done my harmony test 2 weeks ago, when I called KKH to ask about my result, they said they do not reveal the result through phone and have to wait till my next appt with gynae and my next appt is like 2 weeks later.

yes, same here. also need to wait 2 weeks later with my next appt. Did you went through oscar or just straight away to harmony test?

yes, same here. also need to wait 2 weeks later with my next appt. Did you went through oscar or just straight away to harmony test?

I went through Oscar and got a high risk so was ask to do harmony test. Now super worried and need to wait for additional 2 weeks for the results :(

Don't worry. I think for most test report, the clinic/hospital will call and inform you the result if it is bad news..if you need to wait for next appointment then the result should be fine. This is because if the result is bad you may want to take immediate action.
My friend did her harmony test in kkh and they called her on the phone to inform because hers was bad.

Don't worry. I think for most test report, the clinic/hospital will call and inform you the result if it is bad news..if you need to wait for next appointment then the result should be fine. This is because if the result is bad you may want to take immediate action.
My friend did her harmony test in kkh and they called her on the phone to inform because hers was bad.

Thanks for your reassurance :)
Hope your friend is alright.

I went through Oscar and got a high risk so was ask to do harmony test. Now super worried and need to wait for additional 2 weeks for the results :(

oh~me too! i just did it Tuesday and my next appt is 2 weeks later.
Pray hard for both of us!

Jia you!

Hi all, I have a very bad result for Oscar scan and have been very very worried. It’s affecting my health too. My result was 1:33 for ds. I’m 34 years old. Doctor recommend me for Amnio Test. Should I go for it or go for harmony test instead?

Hi all, I have a very bad result for Oscar scan and have been very very worried. It’s affecting my health too. My result was 1:33 for ds. I’m 34 years old. Doctor recommend me for Amnio Test. Should I go for it or go for harmony test instead?

Dear Grass Patch,

Sorry to hear that you are in this situation.

I have been told and did my research into the Oscar test that there are many false positives. How far along are you?

It depends on if you intend to keep your baby no matter what the outcome or result is, or is considering to terminate on medical grounds if your baby is really very sick. For the former, it doesn’t matter come what may, and the Oscar is enough because there are risks involved in the amnio or CVS, and hence it may not be worth the risk to go for more invasive testing.

If you are thinking about the latter, the only true diagnostic tests are the amniocentesis or CVS. With Harmony and other NIPT tests, a positive result would still mean a mother has to go through either the amnio or CVS to make a definitive decision and be absolutely sure. I’m guessing that’s why your doctor is recommending an amnio because it’s 99 percent accurate. But I understand your worry about the risk of miscarriage.

Do take care of yourself either way, and try to remain positive as stress will affect your little one too. Hang in there and take each test as one step at a time.

Hi Grass Patch,

i did not go to Amnio but for Harmony test and i got the result is very good. My oscar test result was 1:7 for ds. much more higher than yours and im 32 years old. I think you can go for harmony test first.
For me, i want to get the fastest way therefore i go for Harmony. I heard that Oscar test are many false positives.

Don't worry too much, believe your baby!

Hi Grass Patch,

My oscar result was 1:17 but my Harmony test result is good. Don't worry too much and go for harmony test first as Amino has risk of miscarriage.

Take care!

Thanks all for the advice. I initially wanted to go for the harmony test but my gynae advice me to go for Amnio Test instead. Anyway I’m really in a troubled mind as getting the oscar report was so bad. Coz I have my 1st boy at 26 years old and did the oscar test and everything turns out alright so really can’t accept this time round result. Btw I’m currently on my 3 months now

Hi Grass patch,

To do the Harmony test at KKH, you can call up KKH to make an appt as a private patient. If you search through the motherhood forum, I think the KKH Harmony test is about $800 for private patient. That is excluding the gynae consultation. If you factor in the private gynae consultation rate, it would probably cost about the same as doing it at Thomson Medical.

To get the subsidised rate at KKH, you have to visit a polyclinic first and get the dr at the polyclinic to refer you as a subsidised patient to KKH. The polyclinic will then arrange for an appointment to see a gynae at KKH.
Only a KKH gynae can refer you to go for a screening consultation. Then you can decide if you want an OSCAR test or Harmony test or both. The screening consultation nurse will then arrange all the tests for you.

I paid for my subsidised OSCAR test and Harmony test today. Total bill is $548.
The nurse told me the subsidised OSCAR test is $170+ and subsidised Harmony test is $370+.

I also paid the subsidised rate of $87 for my first gynae consultation and ultrasound scan.

Hi all,

May I know if I still need to go through OSCAR if I have decided to do a Harmony Test?
I was told to decide on the type of tests that I want to do: Maternal Serum Screening/OSCAR/Harmony/Panorama

Thanks!

I just did a consultation with a screening nurse at KKH. She told me that the Harmony test can only test for risk of Down syndrome, Edwards syndrome and Patau syndrome. But the OSCAR scanning can check for heart defects and also check the width of the baby's neck (which can indict other kinds of abnormality) which the Harmony test cant check.

That's why I decided to go for both OSCAR and Harmony. I think the Maternal Serum Screening is included as part of the OSCAR test.

I just did a consultation with a screening nurse at KKH. She told me that the Harmony test can only test for risk of Down syndrome, Edwards syndrome and Patau syndrome. But the OSCAR scanning can check for heart defects and also check the width of the baby's neck (which can indict other kinds of abnormality) which the Harmony test cant check.

That's why I decided to go for both OSCAR and Harmony. I think the Maternal Serum Screening is included as part of the OSCAR test.

Thank you for the advice :)

Hi Grass patch,

To do the Harmony test at KKH, you can call up KKH to make an appt as a private patient. If you search through the motherhood forum, I think the KKH Harmony test is about $800 for private patient. That is excluding the gynae consultation. If you factor in the private gynae consultation rate, it would probably cost about the same as doing it at Thomson Medical.

To get the subsidised rate at KKH, you have to visit a polyclinic first and get the dr at the polyclinic to refer you as a subsidised patient to KKH. The polyclinic will then arrange for an appointment to see a gynae at KKH.
Only a KKH gynae can refer you to go for a screening consultation. Then you can decide if you want an OSCAR test or Harmony test or both. The screening consultation nurse will then arrange all the tests for you.

I paid for my subsidised OSCAR test and Harmony test today. Total bill is $548.
The nurse told me the subsidised OSCAR test is $170+ and subsidised Harmony test is $370+.

I also paid the subsidised rate of $87 for my first gynae consultation and ultrasound scan.
Thanks for the reply. I just did the panorama prenatal test today as my oscar result was 1:33, I think is due to my baby NT is 2.9mm I’m very worried sick

Dear Grass Patch,

Sorry to hear that you are in this situation.

I have been told and did my research into the Oscar test that there are many false positives. How far along are you?

It depends on if you intend to keep your baby no matter what the outcome or result is, or is considering to terminate on medical grounds if your baby is really very sick. For the former, it doesn’t matter come what may, and the Oscar is enough because there are risks involved in the amnio or CVS, and hence it may not be worth the risk to go for more invasive testing.

If you are thinking about the latter, the only true diagnostic tests are the amniocentesis or CVS. With Harmony and other NIPT tests, a positive result would still mean a mother has to go through either the amnio or CVS to make a definitive decision and be absolutely sure. I’m guessing that’s why your doctor is recommending an amnio because it’s 99 percent accurate. But I understand your worry about the risk of miscarriage.

Do take care of yourself either way, and try to remain positive as stress will affect your little one too. Hang in there and take each test as one step at a time.
Just gotten a call today. Is low risk. Thank God

Hi Grass Patch,

i did not go to Amnio but for Harmony test and i got the result is very good. My oscar test result was 1:7 for ds. much more higher than yours and im 32 years old. I think you can go for harmony test first.
For me, i want to get the fastest way therefore i go for Harmony. I heard that Oscar test are many false positives.

Don't worry too much, believe your baby!
Thanks for the encouragement. Just gotten my report is an low risk thank God

We have appointment for both OSCAR and Harmony test today... we paying private rate as we are refer from Dr Sadhana from IVF@KKH

Hi Reneee, can I check with u how to go about going to kkh for the harmony test? My gynae have quoted me $950 at Thomson medical center. I would like to go for kkh instead.
Hi
Where did u done the harmony kkh or Thomsan ?

I did my Harmony test in KKH on 23 October but I am going to India for Deepavali on 5 th November
Approximately how many days the result may come?

Last edited:
Can someone who done the Oscar test to share what is the Nuchal Translucency (NT) measurement? We got 2.3mm n result is medium risk

Can someone who done the Oscar test to share what is the Nuchal Translucency (NT) measurement? We got 2.3mm n result is medium risk

Mine was 2.4mm, Dr was saying it acceptable as it also has to depend on the size of the baby.

I also did Oscar + Harmony, which land me in a difficult situation. I got a higher risk for T13 on Oscar, but thankfully Harmony show 0.01% for all 3 chromosome. So the Dr and counsellor were like up to me if i am to proceed with Amnio. o_O

Mine was 2.4mm, Dr was saying it acceptable as it also has to depend on the size of the baby.

I also did Oscar + Harmony, which land me in a difficult situation. I got a higher risk for T13 on Oscar, but thankfully Harmony show 0.01% for all 3 chromosome. So the Dr and counsellor were like up to me if i am to proceed with Amnio. o_O

mine was 3.2mm (other readings were 2.2 and 2.6mm) and after factoring in the blood tests, my risk came up to 1:30 for T21 and 1:342 for T13 :(

I opted for harmony test which I didn't earlier on.

so if harmony test result comes back all clear, still have to do the amnio test?

What is the size of fetus u have?

Ytd when i went to see my gynae, he wasn't too concerned with the T13, he mentioned Oscar sometimes really not very accurate. He mentioned the harmony result looks good, scan also so far so good. So he dont really suggest me to go for Amnio, high risk of miscarriage.

Cant help but to continue worry and pray hard.

mine was 3.2mm (other readings were 2.2 and 2.6mm) and after factoring in the blood tests, my risk came up to 1:30 for T21 and 1:342 for T13 :(

so if harmony test result comes back all clear, still have to do the amnio test?

Ytd when i went to see my gynae, he wasn't too concerned with the T13, he mentioned Oscar sometimes really not very accurate. He mentioned the harmony result looks good, scan also so far so good. So he dont really suggest me to go for Amnio, high risk of miscarriage.

if your harmony test result is good, I think there's no point to take the risk for the amnio test...

did KKH call you to inform you of your result or did you only know about it at your appointment with your gynae? every day of waiting feels so long....

if your harmony test result is good, I think there's no point to take the risk for the amnio test...

did KKH call you to inform you of your result or did you only know about it at your appointment with your gynae? every day of waiting feels so long....

Nope KKH dont call.. I only know of the result when i went for the oscar scan and review with the doctor in charge at ADC.

Otherwise i think only during the gynae appointment then you will know the result. Hope all is good for you too. =)

Did u get the FOC test for baby sex?

in this case no news is good news. i also just got back the results for my harmony test. i had a high risk indicator for oscar. glad everything is alright. hope everything goes well for u too!

Hi, my oscar test result is the same as yours. Im quite lost and cannot decide which next test to go for. Im only seeing my gynae on 12Nov.

Hi, my oscar test result is the same as yours. Im quite lost and cannot decide which next test to go for. Im only seeing my gynae on 12Nov.

Oscar always give fault positive (80-90% are fault positive) She got the all good result with harmony test.. u should go for harmony test as well.

Oscar always give fault positive (80-90% are fault positive) She got the all good result with harmony test.. u should go for harmony test as well.
Thank you for your advice. Actually looking thru the above shared by the brave mummies do gave me a certain extend of encouragement.

hey sorry to hear about your Oscar result. it must have given you a bad scare. have you gone for the NIPT test? I did mine at KK and result was out in a week. I couldn't wait till I see my doc so I "cheated" by calling them to check my result.

yes my harmony result came back all good though doctor told me since I'm expecting a baby girl, the NT measure of 3.2mm could still point to Turner's Syndrome though uncommon based on his experience. the only way to find out is thru amnio which I don't see the point to take the risk!

Hi.... Just saw a private gynae today and was advised to consider Oscar/NIPT. We kind of decided to do NIPT(harmony) but realize it's a lot cheaper to do it at kkh...
Is anyone with private gynae but did your NIPT at kkh? If yes, how did your private gynae accept this..thanks in advance

Back