Matrimonial Flat after Divorce

evolutionmr

Hi all. I have lost my divorce case few months ago along with my care and control for my 2 children.

Under the court order, my ex-spouse are given the first option to take over within first month, and I am given second option within the next one month if she did not exercise her option. When i tried to exercise my rights, the HDB officer in charge told me that I require my ex-spouse's consent before i can take over. However, my ex-spouse tricked me with empty promise and in the end she wrote in to HDB to against me from taking over.

Finally i decided to contest her to get court to overwrite and grant me to take over the flat. I asked a few lawyers, either they don't want to take up my case claiming i have no chance to win, or they are charging me sky-high legal fee. I do not have any saving after i fought my divorce case, and i have to gave her a large amount of alimony.

I need your help to recommend me a good lawyer who will really helps, at the same time can negotiate to pay legal fee in installment. Thanks for reading.

Hi all. I have lost my divorce case few months ago along with my care and control for my 2 children.

Under the court order, my ex-spouse are given the first option to take over within first month, and I am given second option within the next one month if she did not exercise her option. When i tried to exercise my rights, the HDB officer in charge told me that I require my ex-spouse's consent before i can take over. However, my ex-spouse tricked me with empty promise and in the end she wrote in to HDB to against me from taking over.

Finally i decided to contest her to get court to overwrite and grant me to take over the flat. I asked a few lawyers, either they don't want to take up my case claiming i have no chance to win, or they are charging me sky-high legal fee. I do not have any saving after i fought my divorce case, and i have to gave her a large amount of alimony.

I need your help to recommend me a good lawyer who will really helps, at the same time can negotiate to pay legal fee in installment. Thanks for reading.

Hi,

It’s your wife working? She took over the flat n will she pay you back your CPF contribution? N lastly did she exercise the right to takeover in the first month?

Hi,

It’s your wife working? She took over the flat n will she pay you back your CPF contribution? N lastly did she exercise the right to takeover in the first month?
yes she working. she did not exercise her rights, and I cannot exercise my rights unless she agreed.

Before u go anywhere. Make sure are u eligible to take over, e.g. are u over 35 years old if not any family nucleus
The problem is that i am below 35. The court judge said i don't need care and control to take over and thus dismiss my appeal for it. I tried appealing to HDB, they willing to look into my appeal if my ex spouse agree, but she didn't. Causing much distress.

I intend to put up variations order. But some of the affordable lawyer referred by friends not willing to take up my case.

Court can't change the rule. If below 35 need to have care n control. U need to check.
HDB rule judge can't change
I know. But the judge very persistence when i told her care and control is required during my court case. Thus in another word she want me to give up fighting care and control.

Back