Jan 2019 Mummies

Okie :) Mummies-to-be if you have not been added in the first whatsapp grp but wld like to be part of a grp, do PM ur number and I’ll see if we can start a 2nd grp :)

Hihi! Can I also join as my EDD oso in first week of Jan?

Last edited:

Just want to share that I went to gynae tdy as I experienced a few streaks of brown blood 2 days ago.. then the gynae put me on ultrasound and heard my bb’s heart beat.. but he said the heart beat was neither strong or weak.. just that it is unstable.. and put me on progesterone.. not sure if anyone here experienced the same thing too? Both my hubby n i got so worried.. I don’t have much appetite as well.. :(

Are you ladies on any medication? Like what they said An Tai Yao? I am not given any by my gynae and I am not sure if I need any. I was instructed to just take folid acid only.

Hi all, u are welcome to join the grp whatsapp chat. Just make sure a few things:

1. You are a female. No daddies allowed.
2. You are expecting and ur edd is in Jan.
3. No marketing allowed.

If u wanna join our WhatsApp, just click on my username and click on start a conversation. Then that will be a pm.

I’ll check my inbox once a day. I’ll try to check it more often. :)

Edd in mid jan too! Are u girls experiencing morning sickness already?
Yesss mine started at Week 5 before i even tested. It got worse at Wk 6-7 with occasional vomiting, I suspect it's due to pre-natal vitamins so I stopped taking it. Now I'm 8 weeks, less vomiting but still nausea and very bloated. Hoping it will pass soon!

Hello all mummies, tested positive last week too.. yet see gynae and experiencing on and off spotting but still quite relax.. haha.. EDD mid Jan 19

Yesss mine started at Week 5 before i even tested. It got worse at Wk 6-7 with occasional vomiting, I suspect it's due to pre-natal vitamins so I stopped taking it. Now I'm 8 weeks, less vomiting but still nausea and very bloated. Hoping it will pass soon!

Hi! Is it a must to take pre natal vitamins? Bot over the counter or given by your gynae?

Hi, if I suspect that I'm pregnant is it better to go to a polyclinic and get a referral letter or go straight to the gynaecologist.

Hi, my gynae is on leave till next week and i been experiencing on and off spotting starting i ignore and i been too stress at walk so i rest till it got better but today the discharge got more. plus today is Sunday thinking should i go hospital NUH or KKH?

Buy a test kit to test and go to your preferred gynae if have one.
Tested positive on kit not sure if i should go polyclinic for referral letter or straight to gynae to confirm bout it. I had early symptoms like spotting? (but not sure how long it last but mine lasted quite long tho), tired..

Last edited:
wow so gald to know there s a dedicated thread on the Jan 2019 babe group:) I got my first time HCG test result on May 10th too. EDD is Jan 12th. Lucky May 10th! I feel extremely sleepy and lumbaginous.How about you guys?Share we combine a list of Gynae options so that we could save effort for each other?
My friends are recommending
Dr. Chan Kong Hon-Great for caesarean birth which might be a good choice for older mummy like myself.Am 36 now.
Dr. Yeap Min Li-slightly cheaper package than Dr.Chan and still doing checking on her.
Dr. Adrian woodworth- famous for his chorda serica chirurgicalis, but his clinic is a bit far.

Am looking for a gynae with experience in case with complication and close to where i am stay,with a reasonable price.
What do you guys think?

Tested positive on kit not sure if i should go polyclinic for referral letter or straight to gynae to confirm bout it. I had early symptoms like spotting? (but not sure how long it last but mine lasted quite long tho), tired..

For me I won't go polyclinic as they are only normal GP.. Go straight to gynae if you have one. I also having spotting now and starting I not worry because just tested positive most probably 6weeks still can't hear baby heartbeat normally 8week onwards then will hear but if you experience spotting go see gynae asap. For my case now I am having on and off spotting till tmr I might go see another gynae first.

hello to all mums-to-be...
I tested positive last week at home ^^ happy news to me and my husband as my age is not young aldy.
My mense period is not regular one (i suspect i am at week 5 plus now) so i arranged an appointment with gynae aldy and gg to see her tmr at kkh.

Hi Wayanz, just PM you my contact no. Would like to be added in the 2019 mum's group. Thanks!

wow so gald to know there s a dedicated thread on the Jan 2019 babe group:) I got my first time HCG test result on May 10th too. EDD is Jan 12th. Lucky May 10th! I feel extremely sleepy and lumbaginous.How about you guys?Share we combine a list of Gynae options so that we could save effort for each other?
Dr. Chan Kong Hon-Great for caesarean birth which might be a good choice for older mummy like myself.Am 36 now.
Dr. Yeap Min Li-slightly cheaper package than Dr.Chan and still doing checking on her.
Dr. Adrian woodworth- famous for his chorda serica chirurgicalis, but his clinic is a bit far.

Am looking for a gynae with experience in case with complication and close to where i am stay,with a reasonable price.
What do you guys think?

Can look for a gynae which you think you are comfortable as well..

For me I won't go polyclinic as they are only normal GP.. Go straight to gynae if you have one. I also having spotting now and starting I not worry because just tested positive most probably 6weeks still can't hear baby heartbeat normally 8week onwards then will hear but if you experience spotting go see gynae asap. For my case now I am having on and off spotting till tmr I might go see another gynae first.

Mmm, are the fees exp? Cant really afford it if its gonna cost a bomb tho, and I dont have any gynae. First time getting into this...kinda an unwanted pregnancy.. Any suggestions

Mmm, are the fees exp? Cant really afford it if its gonna cost a bomb tho, and I dont have any gynae. First time getting into this...kinda an unwanted pregnancy.. Any suggestions

Gynae are more expensive than govt.. If costs is a issue you can go polyclinic ask for referral to KKH but I not sure it take how long as to my experience govt refer to hospital take longer time.

For my opinion baby is a God gift and it may come at the wrong timing but no matter what you should embrace it. For my situation currently having a bad time at work and wanna resign and while looking out and this baby came so I no choice suck thumb and remain in this shit company for now.

Hi, if there's spotting, it may be important to see a doctor asap. I am not too sure about the polyclinic route in terms of timing but for private gynae., it's immediate (unless it is a Sunday or Public Holiday).

Cost is much higher for private as the consultation alone varies from $80 to $200+ for each visit, depending on the gynae. This does not include ultrasound, medicine or any other tests. But perhaps you may wish to consider a private gynae for your first visit.

What do you guys think?
Hi, my gynae is an old gentleman because like you, I prefer experience. I associate age with experience. ;)

You may also consider a gynae near your workplace (if you are currently working). I usually pop by during lunch hour for my gynae visits as its very near my work place. Sometimes, it depends if you feel comfortable with the gynae as well. Someone who works well with lady A may not work well with lady B.

My EDD is 12 Jan 2019 as well. If you are intending to elect for c-sect, you may potentially have a 2018 year end baby as c-sect usually are scheduled earlier, around 38 weeks which should be 28 or 29 Dec 2018 for us. Just something I noted over the weekend and thought you may wish to know. :)

Hi, can anyone advise me on this, yesterday evening having brown discharge and this morning it became blood red discharge and have went to O&G and scan showed everything is fine but i am still afraid and was also ordered a progesterone test which shows that i am having low levels of progesterone. Anyone experience this and continue having a healthy pregnancy?

Hi all, new to the group. First time mum. Currently in my 8th week. How long do u all visit ur gynae?
You all going private or public?

Hi all, new to the group. First time mum. Currently in my 8th week. How long do u all visit ur gynae?
Hi. I planned to visit in my 7th week as I am flying to bkk for short trip in my 8th week. I think 8 weeks is a good time to make your first visit to the gynae. I plan to go private.

I'll be going back to Dr Lawrence Ang at Thomson Womens Clinic. He delivered my first born through emergency c sect GA and overall I have good experience with him.

Hi, can anyone advise me on this, yesterday evening having brown discharge and this morning it became blood red discharge and have went to O&G and scan showed everything is fine but i am still afraid and was also ordered a progesterone test which shows that i am having low levels of progesterone. Anyone experience this and continue having a healthy pregnancy?

i had fresh blood discharge during my #1 and was given a injection at my butt to stabilise the pregnancy. forgot what is that injection call..hehe.. but is very painful

Planning to go 8th week which is next week but having on and off spotting and decided to go see my gynae this Thursday for a peace of mind.

Planning to go 8th week which is next week but having on and off spotting and decided to go see my gynae this Thursday for a peace of mind.

Better to have a peace of mind. My next appt will be 2 more weeks, and it will be my 10th week. Is quite okay right?

I'll be going back to Dr Lawrence Ang at Thomson Womens Clinic. He delivered my first born through emergency c sect GA and overall I have good experience with him.

Kind of abit lost. Cos now thinking if I shld stick to TMC or go KKH better.

Gynae are more expensive than govt.. If costs is a issue you can go polyclinic ask for referral to KKH but I not sure it take how long as to my experience govt refer to hospital take longer time.

For my opinion baby is a God gift and it may come at the wrong timing but no matter what you should embrace it. For my situation currently having a bad time at work and wanna resign and while looking out and this baby came so I no choice suck thumb and remain in this shit company for now.
Mm alright. But aint got the financial etc to have one tho.. I think I might be still kinda young to have one..? Still not sure if I should keep it..

Hi, if there's spotting, it may be important to see a doctor asap. I am not too sure about the polyclinic route in terms of timing but for private gynae., it's immediate (unless it is a Sunday or Public Holiday).

Cost is much higher for private as the consultation alone varies from $80 to $200+ for each visit, depending on the gynae. This does not include ultrasound, medicine or any other tests. But perhaps you may wish to consider a private gynae for your first visit.
Ah , alright. Thanks ! I guess i'll go to one , but do you have a reliable and good one to recommend? Ain't got any idea bout all this~

i had fresh blood discharge during my #1 and was given a injection at my butt to stabilise the pregnancy. forgot what is that injection call..hehe.. but is very painful

Was given progesterone pills to take and this morning having fresh blood discharge with clots, quite worry.

Hi all.. Tested positive a few days ago and went to polyclinic to get referral letter to KKH. Any advice if should go under subsidy or private at KKH?
Btw can add me to the whatsapp grp? TIA!

Back