IVF April 2018

rain_bow

Hi, anyone scheduled to do IVF in April 2018 at KKH? I am still waiting for call regarding the briefing. Not sure if any gals are waiting as well? :)

Hi I just went for my briefing last Wednesday And preparing for IVF in April at Kk too is this your first IVF? Or have you done IUI in kk too?

Hi :) just called the clinic and they are confirming with the Dr if I can proceed with the Apr one as they had the impression I am going for 1 more IUI first. That’s why I haven’t had any briefing session yet. Finger crossed. My first iui was unsuccessful, also at KKH.

Hello, I'm going to start in early April. This is my first time trying IVF after considering since 3 years ago. Finally take a plunge to try :) Good luck everyone!

Good Luck to u girls ~ Pinkpony, rain_bow, kuromi81 and cesca. I too am doing my first IVF cycle at KKH. Tomorrow will be my first Puregon jab. Tbh, I am afraid to do on my own !

Good Luck to u girls ~ Pinkpony, rain_bow, kuromi81 and cesca. I too am doing my first IVF cycle at KKH. Tomorrow will be my first Puregon jab. Tbh, I am afraid to do on my own !
Jiayou Butteredsoup! You can do it.. :) im waiting for my period to come this 2 days.. feels like ages...

Jiayou Butteredsoup! You can do it.. :) im waiting for my period to come this 2 days.. feels like ages...
Thank you dear! I did the jab on my own this morning and it wasn't so bad, almost didn't feel it . Just the part to push in was scary at first hehe. I experienced a bit of cramp about an hour later a wee bit like menses cramp thats all. My period came 2 days late this month and I too felt like it was forever!

Thank you dear! I did the jab on my own this morning and it wasn't so bad, almost didn't feel it . Just the part to push in was scary at first hehe. I experienced a bit of cramp about an hour later a wee bit like menses cramp thats all. My period came 2 days late this month and I too felt like it was forever!
Oh Finally my period come! Never been happier to see my period hahaha.. me too 2 days late! Tomorrow i will go for scanning first day :)

Mine is different.. nurse only ask me come back after 10th day jab.
Wow. Perhaps you are really young. Me pretty old so maybe Dr Sandhana wanna check every few days. Even my jabs are given til tomorrow. So will be issued new ones to replenish. Oh well, see how it goes!

Wow. Perhaps you are really young. Me pretty old so maybe Dr Sandhana wanna check every few days. Even my jabs are given til tomorrow. So will be issued new ones to replenish. Oh well, see how it goes!
Im not young.. already 36 this coming year . Cannot wait to finish all this jabs in morning.. huhu.. How u ladies cope with works? Im planning to take full leave during this ivf cycle to reduce unecessary work stress..

Im not young.. already 36 this coming year . Cannot wait to finish all this jabs in morning.. huhu.. How u ladies cope with works? Im planning to take full leave during this ivf cycle to reduce unecessary work stress..

Oh! I'm 37 this year. I just did my OPU today. Yes, I can't believe it ... just after 4 days of injections. The jabs are ok to me except sme bloated feeling n some cramps but nothing major. We are expecting ET next week. So far, I am the fastest IVF case among my friends. No room to think, just do!!

Oh! I'm 37 this year. I just did my OPU today. Yes, I can't believe it ... just after 4 days of injections. The jabs are ok to me except sme bloated feeling n some cramps but nothing major. We are expecting ET next week. So far, I am the fastest IVF case among my friends. No room to think, just do!!
Thats super fast hahaha.. happy for you :)
Im right behind - starting gonalF today until Friday next scan!

Hello Babes, may i know what is the procedure of ivf?
I understand that for SO-IUI, hormones injection is done during CD1-CD14 depend on individual, den washed sperm are being inject to female body after injection to release the egg, den two weeks wait. How about IVF?

I understand that for SO-IUI, hormones injection is done during CD1-CD14 depend on individual, den washed sperm are being inject to female body after injection to release the egg, den two weeks wait. How about IVF?
Hi BunnyKK, im still in progress too. Not very sure of the full timeline yet. Im currently on stimulation CD 1-10. After tat i will check with doctor on the progress. So every people timeline varies depend on how your body react to the stimulation. After the eggs are matured, they will schedule for eggs retrieval. They will combine eggs with sperm in lab.. wait until few days 3-5 days then they will transfer back the embryo into uterus. Hope this simple explanation helps :)

Hi BunnyKK, sorry to reply this late but I guess Cesca has summed up pretty much of it. True that each IVF experience really depends much on individual. I for one had only 4 days of jabs, last being on 11th April for scan and then 13th Egg Retrieval and they collected hub's sample and I was sent home with vaginal inserts squirt thingy for 2 days prior to ET. On 14th they call for hub's 2nd sample for the 2nd n 3rd egg. 18th I had my Egg Transfer. Currently, I am still on the 2WW HL ... I feel so fine that I hardly think of anything and constantly remind myself to keep it slow and steady n not prance ard like rabbit. I didn't do any SOIUI. I went straight to IVF Best luck to all of us here!

How are u Cesca! Coming along fine?

Hi hi I am doing FET.. but ET is in Apr.. can I be 2ww buddies here??
Hi Janbebe! Do stay around :) so u are already in your 2WW? My blood test will be 2nd May. OmGaaahhhh!!! I didnt do any restrictions on food...and still hv my daily coffee in the morning I pray for the best for us girls! Jiayou everyone!!

Hi BunnyKK, sorry to reply this late but I guess Cesca has summed up pretty much of it. True that each IVF experience really depends much on individual. I for one had only 4 days of jabs, last being on 11th April for scan and then 13th Egg Retrieval and they collected hub's sample and I was sent home with vaginal inserts squirt thingy for 2 days prior to ET. On 14th they call for hub's 2nd sample for the 2nd n 3rd egg. 18th I had my Egg Transfer. Currently, I am still on the 2WW HL ... I feel so fine that I hardly think of anything and constantly remind myself to keep it slow and steady n not prance ard like rabbit. I didn't do any SOIUI. I went straight to IVF Best luck to all of us here!

How are u Cesca! Coming along fine?
Feeling a bit down after the scanning yesterday - only see 2 eggs size 9 and 11mm. The other two is too small 5mm so may not grow in time. Basically i will only have 2 eggs. But trying to be positive here, hope those 2 eggs grows super strong .

How is the ET process is it painful or not?
Your waiting will be over soon dont worry too much dear :) Take lots of rest dont overdo yourself..

Hi all how’s your IVF cycle so far? After insemination, how long do we have to wait till we know we are official pregnant?

Hi ladies (& men if there are),

My IVF treatment started April 2018 but period came early on 29/03 at night. I got to call IVF Centre on Saturday 31/03 & was told to come down immediately for the ultrascan. Was given the stimulation jabs on the same day and scheduled for next ultrascan on 06/04. Jab was then increased & had last ultrascan the next day. I hate that seeing the doc was so fast that I don’t even know what’s really going on. How many follicles has grown or what’s the size.

My egg pick up was done on Tues 10/04 with only 1 egg retrieved. I was devasted. I went home crying. Then got a call from nurse just to inform me the time to come back on Thurs 12/04! Nothing else was said. Day came & was finally told my egg had fertilised by ICSI method. It was a grade 4 embryo.

Days went by & I got spotting exactly 1 week after ET, 19/04. Brushed off my worries. Spotting became brown discharge. & I’m still on crinone. Heavy bleeding started on Sunday 22/04. I’m doomed. Getting period days before my scheduled blood test. Why? I cried so bad till my hubby had to come home while serving his reservist. He called the clinic to have an early blood test today 24/04.

I was ready to hear a BFN from the nurse when she called. Nope! She said blood has traces of pregnancy with hcg level 25 and told me to take another blood test this thurs! This trying and waiting is making me so depressed!

hi all,
i was also scheduled for april ivf but my tsh level was higher than the accetable range. so i had to postpone my ivf :(

i agree, just another waiting game :(:(

btw we have a whatsapp group for ttc 2nd and subsequent kids. do pm me if u r keen to join us to spazz away :D

My IVF treatment started April 2018 but period came early on 29/03 at night. I got to call IVF Centre on Saturday 31/03 & was told to come down immediately for the ultrascan. Was given the stimulation jabs on the same day and scheduled for next ultrascan on 06/04. Jab was then increased & had last ultrascan the next day. I hate that seeing the doc was so fast that I don’t even know what’s really going on. How many follicles has grown or what’s the size.

My egg pick up was done on Tues 10/04 with only 1 egg retrieved. I was devasted. I went home crying. Then got a call from nurse just to inform me the time to come back on Thurs 12/04! Nothing else was said. Day came & was finally told my egg had fertilised by ICSI method. It was a grade 4 embryo.

Days went by & I got spotting exactly 1 week after ET, 19/04. Brushed off my worries. Spotting became brown discharge. & I’m still on crinone. Heavy bleeding started on Sunday 22/04. I’m doomed. Getting period days before my scheduled blood test. Why? I cried so bad till my hubby had to come home while serving his reservist. He called the clinic to have an early blood test today 24/04.

I was ready to hear a BFN from the nurse when she called. Nope! She said blood has traces of pregnancy with hcg level 25 and told me to take another blood test this thurs! This trying and waiting is making me so depressed!
Could it be ectopic? I also had a negative blood test - HCG 2 on 6-Apr but was admitted to hospital yesterday due to severe abdominal pain.

It’s now HCG 1200 and confirmed to be ectopic.

Hi ladies, I am in my 2ww now also. This Friday will be the first week. I am trying to take lots of protein. Having 2 eggs in the morning..cutting on coffee. Do any of you stay at home all day?

Could it be ectopic? I also had a negative blood test - HCG 2 on 6-Apr but was admitted to hospital yesterday due to severe abdominal pain.

Hugzzz. I been through ectopic before. Must eat healthily to gain back your health.

Not even sure when I’m meeting the Doctor.

Feeling a bit down after the scanning yesterday - only see 2 eggs size 9 and 11mm. The other two is too small 5mm so may not grow in time. Basically i will only have 2 eggs. But trying to be positive here, hope those 2 eggs grows super strong .

How is the ET process is it painful or not?
Your waiting will be over soon dont worry too much dear :) Take lots of rest dont overdo yourself..
Dear Cesca, pls do not feel sad. I too had a few small ones at my 1st scan aft only 4 days of stim. My Dr wanted to ER on 13th because one of them was really large at 17mm. By the 13th, afew others grew and total 3 retrieved. So have faith that by your ER others may grow too *hugz*

Don't worry abt the ER. The most painful one for me was when they prick your top hand for that drip/aneastheisa meds inlet. When you are in..it looks daunting with the bright lights and sooo many people lol. Perhaps, another incomfy moment is when they last scan u b4 the procedure coz u are so bloated and crampy. Then when they say good night n the anaesthesia kicks in...I was out in 10 seconds. Woke up fine just drowsy but nothing else. When is yours?

ET was not painful but was just uncomfortable as we have to have a full bladder. I had to pee 2x while waiting for my dr haha luckily I filled back up in no time. It was a very fast procedure. The getting ready was slow coz need to confirm on the embryos n some pep talk.

Good Luck Cesca!

Last edited:
Hi all how’s your IVF cycle so far? After insemination, how long do we have to wait till we know we are official pregnant?
Hi dear, roughly two weeks aft Egg Transfer.
Some pple get symptoms or signs 8 days aft transfer but best to wait for the blood test.

Last edited:

Good Luck to you dear for your blood test tomorrow! Keep your spirits up! *hugz*

But wait till it clears out right?
Sorry to hear about your case, dear. Eat well and get well soon *huggz*
Hi ladies, I am in my 2ww now also. This Friday will be the first week. I am trying to take lots of protein. Having 2 eggs in the morning..cutting on coffee. Do any of you stay at home all day?
Hi Elia, so your test is going to be next Friday? I am week one today. I went out on Saturday for a bit. Dr says ok to go out n eat as long I dont over exert myself. I have stopped coffee since Sunday and am itching to make one every single morning haha. I do follow my husb for a stroll and buy fruits back - I carry nothing except my bloated belly. I get tired n wanna sleep till 10/11am ...just trying to think positive always

Sorry to hear about your case, dear. Eat well and get well soon *huggz*

Hi Elia, so your test is going to be next Friday? I am week one today. I went out on Saturday for a bit. Dr says ok to go out n eat as long I dont over exert myself. I have stopped coffee since Sunday and am itching to make one every single morning haha. I do follow my husb for a stroll and buy fruits back - I carry nothing except my bloated belly. I get tired n wanna sleep till 10/11am ...just trying to think positive always
Hi @Butteredsoup, my bt will be on 7 may. The first time I had my fresh transfer, i walked quite a lot cause i heard from some forum that walking help with blood circulation to the womb but in the end failed cycle. So this time, I do the opposite haha.. Didn't go out till the 6th day which is yst. I got my ET on last Friday.
One more week to go dear! Really hope your wish will come true. Let's spur each other on!! :)

Hcg level went down. Myfirst cycle failed with no frozen embryos. Meeting Doctor Jerry on the 7th May.
Sorry to hear the news dear. We have no control over the implantation as I've read for more information in the net. Do not despair, my dear. Our time will come I pray success to all ladies in pursuit to being mothers.

Hello everyone!!! This is my CD 8! Went for ultrasound today and was told to come back on Monday for another scan...I don't really have much symptoms from e stimulatio drugs so I feel pretty much BAU...did u guys go back to work during the 2ww...does it start from the day of egg pick up?

Hello everyone!!! This is my CD 8! Went for ultrasound today and was told to come back on Monday for another scan...I don't really have much symptoms from e stimulatio drugs so I feel pretty much BAU...did u guys go back to work during the 2ww...does it start from the day of egg pick up?
Hi SRV, yes the HL starts from ER date as your ET will just be in a couple of days away. Some people may still feel weak after the ER. I didn't go back to work because I wanted to stay away from the stress and take it easy. Not sure about the rest. At least I knw I did my part if it doesn't work out...

I didnt go back to work physically but still work from home.. Haha.. My boss should love me for this ... Haha.. But I do hope it won't affect me much.

Hi @Butteredsoup, my bt will be on 7 may. The first time I had my fresh transfer, i walked quite a lot cause i heard from some forum that walking help with blood circulation to the womb but in the end failed cycle. So this time, I do the opposite haha.. Didn't go out till the 6th day which is yst. I got my ET on last Friday.
One more week to go dear! Really hope your wish will come true. Let's spur each other on!! :)
Hi @elia1023! It feels so far yet so near ahaha OMG gg back to office just the day after! My tummy is bigger and I hope it's just NOT FOOD in there! I feel very lazy nowadays n spend more time at home. Pre-going back to work feels I guess Jia you everybody!! Babydust to all of us !

I am having slight headache, hot flush and always finding myself so thirsty. Still 10 more days. I hope it's not symptoms of af...

Back