Feb 2018 mummies to be

I thought mine was a weekly visit after 36weeks, but she requested to see me 2 weeks later. My gynae said the same thing as u. She just ask me to look out for any signs of labour.
Oh ok, that’s good to know. Thank you! Shall all be well :)

Hi All,

I have a really nice and good confinement lady to recommend. Anyone who is going to deliver after cny or march, can let me know so i can pass you her contacts.

I got to know her from my Mum’s good friend as she has already helped a few of my Mum’s friends daughther to take care of th during their confinement and all give very good feedback so i try using her and it was really good.

she is very experience and took very great care of my baby. She also helped my me slim down my tummy a lot with her secret recipe. Really thanks her so much.

All the best to 2018 Mummies!

Hi Mummies!

Just want to share an awesome Full Month gift for your friends and family. FoodLine Full Month Vouchers is redeemable at over 65 participating outlets such as Patisserie Glace, Chocolate Origin and Taste Better. Find out more details here: https://www.foodline.sg/baby.

Hi, would like to check, in terms of ingredients for cooking, what do we need to prepare for confinement lady? I have the Dom wine ready. I read something about wine vinegar or something like that. Anyone knows what’s that?

Any mummies here planning to have VBAC? I am due early March but doc say may not be March. It could be anytime after CNY. Any experienced VBAC mummies. I am currently 35wks

I am planning to. Sorry, I am due in April for second one but happened to see your post. Doc said there is risk but still can try. Is this your 2nd preg? How long is the age gap when u deliver? Anyone has the experience can share with me too.

Hi, would like to check, in terms of ingredients for cooking, what do we need to prepare for confinement lady? I have the Dom wine ready. I read something about wine vinegar or something like that. Anyone knows what’s that?

My mum/mil use 米酒 (rice wine?) for cooking.. can buy from Chinese med shop, but I think not all Chinese med shop have..

Ginger is a must.. I don really eat vinegar, so my mum/mil didn’t cook that for me :D

麻油 (sesame oil?) is needed too...

You going for natural delivery or c-sec? There is different food to eat for the first two weeks..

Or you may want to call ur confinement lady what things she need?

I am planning to. Sorry, I am due in April for second one but happened to see your post. Doc said there is risk but still can try. Is this your 2nd preg? How long is the age gap when u deliver? Anyone has the experience can share with me too.
Yes this is my 2nd pregnancy. I gave birth in 2011 to a pair of twins boys.... So the age gap would be 6+. Gynae at first ok with it, but now at 35wks baby already 2.6kg. He says chances quite slim if baby to big.. Haizzz... He said he will give up to 3.3kg

Yes this is my 2nd pregnancy. I gave birth in 2011 to a pair of twins boys.... So the age gap would be 6+. Gynae at first ok with it, but now at 35wks baby already 2.6kg. He says chances quite slim if baby to big.. Haizzz... He said he will give up to 3.3kg

I see. I gave birth in June 2016 so the gap is a bit close. Yeah, it’s true that might go for csect if baby is too big. So doc advised not to eat too much carbs as well.

I see. I gave birth in June 2016 so the gap is a bit close. Yeah, it’s true that might go for csect if baby is too big. So doc advised not to eat too much carbs as well.
So will you be trying for vbac? I am really scared if anither c sect. I cant bring myself the courage to be pushed to the OT when I am still conscious... The other time I was half conscious

This is the place where i went to buy my red dates drink for my confinement. I actually bought confinement herbs from PEM & bought these as extra as i was worried that i will deliver early and i won't have red dates..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 468
Except for the scallops which i bought 200grams which 100 grams costs $22. And 2 packs of black fungus at $3 each and 200 grams of anchovies at $2.20 per 100 grams, all the below costs me $142 in total. Anyone interested to look at the list which the lady passed me as the list of ingredients to buy & consume during Confinement?

So will you be trying for vbac? I am really scared if anither c sect. I cant bring myself the courage to be pushed to the OT when I am still conscious... The other time I was half conscious

Yes, despite my gynae kept on reiterate on the risk of rupture, baby at risk etc etc. I told him that I really really wish to give birth naturally. I was also conscious during csect. Scary but no choice. Ultimately, when I see my baby, I have forgotten how bad I felt during the csect actually.

Yes, despite my gynae kept on reiterate on the risk of rupture, baby at risk etc etc. I told him that I really really wish to give birth naturally. I was also conscious during csect. Scary but no choice. Ultimately, when I see my baby, I have forgotten how bad I felt during the csect actually.
My gynae said the same ting. He said if baby is bigger than 3.3kg he would not allowed. But i tld him 7 yrs already.. Wound shld have healed...

My gynae said the same ting. He said if baby is bigger than 3.3kg he would not allowed. But i tld him 7 yrs already.. Wound shld have healed...

My mum/mil use 米酒 (rice wine?) for cooking.. can buy from Chinese med shop, but I think not all Chinese med shop have..

Ginger is a must.. I don really eat vinegar, so my mum/mil didn’t cook that for me :D

麻油 (sesame oil?) is needed too...

You going for natural delivery or c-sec? There is different food to eat for the first two weeks..

Or you may want to call ur confinement lady what things she need?

Thanks! I have started my confinement a week plus ago as baby decided to come earlier than expected :)

U can try and pray for it. Nobody knows what may happen during the labor. At least u r better than me, mine will only be 1 yr plus gap. Since we choose natural, we must have faith too. Just do my best. Whatever cannot eat, just keep away or touch minimum. The rest will be god’s will already.

U can try and pray for it. Nobody knows what may happen during the labor. At least u r better than me, mine will only be 1 yr plus gap. Since we choose natural, we must have faith too. Just do my best. Whatever cannot eat, just keep away or touch minimum. The rest will be god’s will already.
Now I have another worry. My red blood cells are dropping. From 10.6 to 9.8... Haizzz.. I am really worried that I will end up under the knife again...

Now I have another worry. My red blood cells are dropping. From 10.6 to 9.8... Haizzz.. I am really worried that I will end up under the knife again...

Will red blood cells be affecting natural delivery? I never have that test before. Keep my fingers crossed. Try not to think so much. Focus on the bright side is the best bet. :)

Will red blood cells be affecting natural delivery? I never have that test before. Keep my fingers crossed. Try not to think so much. Focus on the bright side is the best bet. :)
I am not sure.. Gynae just said may not have enough oxygen for baby and energy for me to push. Anyway did your gynae says anything about you wanting a VBAC?

I am not sure.. Gynae just said may not have enough oxygen for baby and energy for me to push. Anyway did your gynae says anything about you wanting a VBAC?

How did he know your red blood cell count is low? I have never done the test before. My gynae has painted the worst scenario if I really want to go VBAC. He is leaving and I will follow another experienced gynae. Will ask for a second opinion. Meanwhile, just try not to eat food of high carbs.

How did he know your red blood cell count is low? I have never done the test before. My gynae has painted the worst scenario if I really want to go VBAC. He is leaving and I will follow another experienced gynae. Will ask for a second opinion. Meanwhile, just try not to eat food of high carbs.
I had a blood test and the result came out 9.8.. Normal shld be 11.5... Wat is worst scenario that your gynae told u? Anyway I ak already 38wks... Haizzz..

anyone delivered at TMC or with Dr Paul Tseng? Can I know what is the service like?

I'm with Dr Paul Tseng. He's quite the chill pill who doesn't bother you with unnecessary information (if you are the over-thinking sort who will get stressed out), and wouldn't make you take necessary tests/ultrasounds. He's calm, experienced and an advocate of full natural birth. However, if you want to take epidural, he wouldn't mind. If you're looking at options to induce, Dr Tseng may not be the one for you.

I had a blood test and the result came out 9.8.. Normal shld be 11.5... Wat is worst scenario that your gynae told u? Anyway I ak already 38wks... Haizzz..

Sorry for the late reply. I guess you should have popped already. How is your delivery? I have not sent out the message as it was still in the draft mode previously.. lol.. what blood test is this? My gynae told me about the <1% uterine rupture in worst case scenario. I am now in 33 weeks. My gynae has advised me to eat less carbs and sweet stuff to prevent bigger baby. I think still have chance in this case.

I'm with Dr Paul Tseng. He's quite the chill pill who doesn't bother you with unnecessary information (if you are the over-thinking sort who will get stressed out), and wouldn't make you take necessary tests/ultrasounds. He's calm, experienced and an advocate of full natural birth. However, if you want to take epidural, he wouldn't mind. If you're looking at options to induce, Dr Tseng may not be the one for you.
Hi, I did went to see Dr Tseng. But sadly he will be away frm 11 march to 18 march. I am already overdue. Not sure shld i still change to him? Any idea what will he do to mummies who have not give birth to 41wks?

Sorry for the late reply. I guess you should have popped already. How is your delivery? I have not sent out the message as it was still in the draft mode previously.. lol.. what blood test is this? My gynae told me about the <1% uterine rupture in worst case scenario. I am now in 33 weeks. My gynae has advised me to eat less carbs and sweet stuff to prevent bigger baby. I think still have chance in this case.
Hi, nope I have not given birth.. I am so depressed. Doc is pushing me for csect which I really dont want. Currently I am still buying time. I am already 40wks1day. I dont knw should I change to dr Tseng. But wat would he do if I have still not give birth up to 41wks. I am so worried n scared...

Hi, nope I have not given birth.. I am so depressed. Doc is pushing me for csect which I really dont want. Currently I am still buying time. I am already 40wks1day. I dont knw should I change to dr Tseng. But wat would he do if I have still not give birth up to 41wks. I am so worried n scared...

Hi Adlina, if you really think to change, you may want to see Dr Tseng if he is available to seek for advise since he is away for a week tomorrow onwards...

And I think you are going back to your gynae everyday or every two days for review now right?

Do monitor baby’s movement everyday..

It is good to go for natural delivery, but if condition is not allowed, still have to go for c-sec, don depressed over it, will affect your baby too..

My first one was c-sec due to the position of my gal, I wanted to try natural birth for second one but water not enough, still have to go for c-sec and I have to accept it..

If your red blood cell doesn’t allowed you for natural delivery, you might want to listen to your gynae? Your baby and your health is more impt o...

Hi Adlina, if you really think to change, you may want to see Dr Tseng if he is available to seek for advise since he is away for a week tomorrow onwards...

And I think you are going back to your gynae everyday or every two days for review now right?

Do monitor baby’s movement everyday..

It is good to go for natural delivery, but if condition is not allowed, still have to go for c-sec, don depressed over it, will affect your baby too..

My first one was c-sec due to the position of my gal, I wanted to try natural birth for second one but water not enough, still have to go for c-sec and I have to accept it..

If your red blood cell doesn’t allowed you for natural delivery, you might want to listen to your gynae? Your baby and your health is more impt o...

I have seen Dr Tseng last week. He said everything is normal for me. Low red blood cells to him is secondary. Baby is all normal. My gynae did umblical cord blood flow all good, I am 50% effaced as of 39wks6days, only that I have not dilate and baby is at -2 position. Even my waterbag is still sufficient.

I just felt that my gynae is being very impatient. He said that baby is too big.. And come on, baby is only 3.4kg. Dr Tseng did told me baby's weight is not an issue. It is just my gynae. Worst, he even told me that if I happened to encounter spontaneous labour and if I comes in less than 8cm, he will still do C-sect! I'm like wat??? you not even going to wait. That is so unfair.

I wanted to change to Dr Tseng, but he wont be around. Haizz I am so stressful.. I cant be induced as I want a VBAC.

I have seen Dr Tseng last week. He said everything is normal for me. Low red blood cells to him is secondary. Baby is all normal. My gynae did umblical cord blood flow all good, I am 50% effaced as of 39wks6days, only that I have not dilate and baby is at -2 position. Even my waterbag is still sufficient.

I just felt that my gynae is being very impatient. He said that baby is too big.. And come on, baby is only 3.4kg. Dr Tseng did told me baby's weight is not an issue. It is just my gynae. Worst, he even told me that if I happened to encounter spontaneous labour and if I comes in less than 8cm, he will still do C-sect! I'm like wat??? you not even going to wait. That is so unfair.

I wanted to change to Dr Tseng, but he wont be around. Haizz I am so stressful.. I cant be induced as I want a VBAC.

I see, if Dr Tseng said everything is fine and natural delivery is fine for your case too, then you can tell your gynae that you insist to go for VBAC ba..

Maybe your gynae just don wan to take any risk...

I see, if Dr Tseng said everything is fine and natural delivery is fine for your case too, then you can tell your gynae that you insist to go for VBAC ba..

Maybe your gynae just don wan to take any risk...

I did told him that, he said well the choice is mine but he seems to be very impatient and still says the next visit must decide on Csect which is on Thursday... I hope i give birth before my next visit

Hi Adlina, yeah.. having a gynae who is supportive of VBAC is very impt. My gynae told me that my baby’s fetal size is of acceptable and can go for VBAC. I also hope you can go natural too. Btw, have you tried squatting exercise at home? I heard that it might help somehow.

Hi Adlina, yeah.. having a gynae who is supportive of VBAC is very impt. My gynae told me that my baby’s fetal size is of acceptable and can go for VBAC. I also hope you can go natural too. Btw, have you tried squatting exercise at home? I heard that it might help somehow.
I've done all wat ever to induce natural labor.. Till i have run out of ideas and get very exhausted. I end up feel lethargic aft all the walking, dancing, squatting etc etc... I even walker around zoo n river safari still no labour pain... Maybe I am not fated to try vbac...

I've done all wat ever to induce natural labor.. Till i have run out of ideas and get very exhausted. I end up feel lethargic aft all the walking, dancing, squatting etc etc... I even walker around zoo n river safari still no labour pain... Maybe I am not fated to try vbac...

Don’t be despair yet. If you have done all you could, then just let it be or leave to God. Whatever the outcome, you and baby to be delivered safely is the most impt. Do stay positive at the same time.

have you decided on a gynea?
I highly recommend Prof Tan Hak Koon from O7G at SGH
Had both my kids delivered at SGh and love the doctors and nurses there! *two thumbs up!*[/QUO

Hi plain milk,

U delivered in sgh as subsidized patient or private patient? Can share ur experience with Dr. Tan? I had previously miscarriage and currently pregnant again for four week, intend to see Dr. Tan. I have adenomyosis so my case is a bit difficult.
If convenient would appreciate u share ur cost with Dr. Tan with me.
Thank u so much!

Hi plain milk,

U delivered in sgh as subsidized patient or private patient? Can share ur experience with Dr. Tan? I had previously miscarriage and currently pregnant again for four week, intend to see Dr. Tan. I have adenomyosis so my case is a bit difficult.
Thank u so much!

Hi plain milk,

Thank u so much!
Hi dear,
Sorry I dont check here very often and just saw this.
You want to WA me to take this offline?
My no is 96484322 =)

Back