IVF/ICSI Support Group

May i know any of you continue to use femaline wash during yr ER or ET period? I use it everyday and hope this would not affect anything. Anyone know?

I did stop for a while during my first (failed) FET and I almost had UTI as my progesterone support was vaginal inserts. 2nd FET (success) I used it and didn't have UTI. If you are afraid you can check with your gynae, otherwise have to wash it diligently using water. It's very easy to get bacteria and UTI while using vaginal inserts.

Thanks towkayneo. This clarifies clearly. :):) Hope its the same for NUH or SGH..

For NUH, almost everything will be paid after ER. They have a sort of package. But there are some blood tests and medication (like progynova, mercilon) that you have to take from pharmacy and pay for that. For the injections etc that are dispensed at their centre for human reproduction, they will all be in the final bill.

For NUH, almost everything will be paid after ER. They have a sort of package. But there are some blood tests and medication (like progynova, mercilon) that you have to take from pharmacy and pay for that. For the injections etc that are dispensed at their centre for human reproduction, they will all be in the final bill.
Thanks the_spinsterella for enlighting. Helps a lot esp mental prep on the finance portion.

may i know u did hsg to found out or vscan and saw it? i did not see it during my fet scans. did u see many times fluid in the cavity during vscan or just one time then found out? i ask the sonographer yesterday she said sometime patients also has it when she did the scan.
I was lucky. My sonographer saw the fluid in the cavity during the ultrasound scan, hence, alerted THH. My cycle was immediately aborted as there was no way they could do ET.

I was lucky. My sonographer saw the fluid in the cavity during the ultrasound scan, hence, alerted THH. My cycle was immediately aborted as there was no way they could do ET.
My sonographer also saw fluid in lining cavity but today fluid get lesser and she told me is normal one. She said yesterday got one line of fluid and today became one dot. so I don’t know which is which already got to wait till during et day and check with dr thh

Last edited:
My sonographer also saw fluid in lining cavity but today fluid get lesser and she told me is normal one. She said yesterday got one line of fluid and today became one dot. so I don’t know which is which already got to wait till during et day and check with dr thh
I think if it's not a concern, then dont care so much about it.

No, if it's really serious like mine, the sonographer will inform THH about it straightaway (which means you have to wait till very long till THH or reviewing doc sees you), then they will abort the cycle right away.

I did stop for a while during my first (failed) FET and I almost had UTI as my progesterone support was vaginal inserts. 2nd FET (success) I used it and didn't have UTI. If you are afraid you can check with your gynae, otherwise have to wash it diligently using water. It's very easy to get bacteria and UTI while using vaginal inserts.

Thank starrain9874 for the advise.

Hihi, can any ladies who have bfp-ed share what were the symptoms that you had during the 2ww?

Thanks in advance :)

I wish i cud say tat abt myself..hah I hate eating medications so much and cant even see needles ..but i always keep reminding myself if i dont do this if i dont try wud i regret in future.. i even"check myself in" for acupuncture which i had been doing weekly for a yr. i literally clench my hands for every over 30needles poked into me. always feel nervous at EVERYYYYY SESSIONS. haha unfortunately i don tink my body is reacting to acupuncture. it really is draining, emotional, mentally, physically not forgetting financially too. but i'm always scared to stop trying. as everyone in this journey probably know TIME is a factor.

If acu is making u stress maybe u should stop doing it. A relax mind n body helps in ttc. It is emotionally draining but every try is a hope. Hope u get your LO soon.

Hihi, can any ladies who have bfp-ed share what were the symptoms that you had during the 2ww?

It's actually the same as my PMS symptoms. But there's one symptoms which I noticed that is sore gums. I had it for a few minutes once. It was very noticeable because it actually hurt when I chewed on my food. I ruled out gum infection because I visited the dentist before I did my transfer.

It's actually the same as my PMS symptoms. But there's one symptoms which I noticed that is sore gums. I had it for a few minutes once. It was very noticeable because it actually hurt when I chewed on my food. I ruled out gum infection because I visited the dentist before I did my transfer.

Hi Starrain :) thanks for the info

So far I mainly encountered slight sharp pains left and right. Today 7dp5dt. Can't help but to think what's happening inside haha.

Your gums healed fast after the 2ww?

Different people have different symptoms. Mine was cramps. I though my af was coming. But it stopped and then there's nothing.

Unfortunately though pregnancy symptoms and af are similar so I'd say just take it easy and don't read too much into the symptoms.

I'm also in my 2ww.

Cramps on off during 2ww. Pinkish discharge on 10dp3dt. Tested own pregnancy test strong positive line.wait till a day before bt and on bt test out again pregnancy test.And positive.2ww totaly have a dun bother googled symptom spotting syndrome..keep watching endless runningman show.laugh laugh.eat unhealthy sometimes prata macdonald arnolds mainly fried. Baby dust to all..

Cramps on off during 2ww. Pinkish discharge on 10dp3dt. Tested own pregnancy test strong positive line.wait till a day before bt and on bt test out again pregnancy test.And positive.2ww totaly have a dun bother googled symptom spotting syndrome..keep watching endless runningman show.laugh laugh.eat unhealthy sometimes prata macdonald arnolds mainly fried. Baby dust to all..

Different people have different symptoms. Mine was cramps. I though my af was coming. But it stopped and then there's nothing.

Unfortunately though pregnancy symptoms and af are similar so I'd say just take it easy and don't read too much into the symptoms.

I'm also in my 2ww.

Thanks Spinsterella.

All the best to u!

Hi Hajar. I did try to watch funny shows to take my mind off it Sometimes the mind just wander off and thinking what's happening to the inside now

Thank u for the wishes!

Hi Starrain :) thanks for the info

So far I mainly encountered slight sharp pains left and right. Today 7dp5dt. Can't help but to think what's happening inside haha.

Your gums healed fast after the 2ww?

Not necessarily to have symptoms to have bfp. I have nothing at all for my twin cycle, so worried Tat I failed . Went for blood test timing negatively , cried when waiting for the phone call. Finally call came I burst into tears which I heard my hcg results.
I wld say every cycle is different , I had severe pain for my eldest gal cycle, then realised it was implantation pain. So this cycle I keep waiting for this pain to occur n it nvr, tats y I didn’t hold any hope at all

Anybody know about NUH prof Wong’s leave schedule for this year? As I knew the CHR clinic normally will hv all doctor’s leave schedule in a printed paper and pinned up on their wall in their room. Anyone able to snap a pic of that and share?
Thank in advance

Hi

I finally met Dr TTH and schedule for my FET in end feb. Can anyone tell me how is FET procedure like? I was given med to induce my menses and also some hormones med call proNova (cant rem the name) to take when starting my FET. Can anyone tell me how is a FET procedure like? Dr Tan says will work on my lining this time and doing 2 embryos transfer. I hope this time will be successful.

Hi twinklejas
Me too did my first try in Dec and negative. Now going for my FET in end Feb. I was sad for a week and cry for a day. Jia you dont give up.

Hi Gerlyn and Twinklejas.

I just got back my blood test result today for my first transfer (FET) and it was negative too. It's really sad.

Let's jia you together.

Hi

I finally met Dr TTH and schedule for my FET in end feb. Can anyone tell me how is FET procedure like? I was given med to induce my menses and also some hormones med call proNova (cant rem the name) to take when starting my FET. Can anyone tell me how is a FET procedure like? Dr Tan says will work on my lining this time and doing 2 embryos transfer. I hope this time will be successful.
If i remember correctly,you'll hv to drop by for scans for them to monitor your lining first.. once it reached abt 8 u shud b able to proceed with the fet. u'll need to keep your bladder full b4 the transfer procedure. u'll be awake unlike retrieval. Doesnt hurt.. just abit uncomfortable bcoz u hv to hold ur bladder till afew minutes after procedure ends. Wish u all the best!!

If i remember correctly,you'll hv to drop by for scans for them to monitor your lining first.. once it reached abt 8 u shud b able to proceed with the fet. u'll need to keep your bladder full b4 the transfer procedure. u'll be awake unlike retrieval. Doesnt hurt.. just abit uncomfortable bcoz u hv to hold ur bladder till afew minutes after procedure ends. Wish u all the best!!
Hi Afyn

Thanks for replying. Do you remember how long it takes before the transfer? I need to arrange my work. forget to ask Dr Tan the other day. Thank you.

Hi Afyn

Thanks for replying. Do you remember how long it takes before the transfer? I need to arrange my work. forget to ask Dr Tan the other day. Thank you.
it depends on your lining, usually similar timing to your fresh cycle, give or take a few days. so around CD14 to CD20.
For FET you will only have 4 days HL, not the same as fresh cycle.

Hi Afyn

As Michng mentioned it depends on ur lining. Mine took quite awhile. i took progynova for almost a mth. Mid way they added along with the patch(Evorel) and also the vaginal insert tablet( Utrogestan ). my lining was only 7.3 on my 1st cycle and 7.6 or 7.8 on my 2nd cycle.

Hi yesterday was my 8dp3dt and i started spotting and today full flow bleeding. Call CHR clinic and they told me to continue the crinone gel and up the intake. My BT only be next monday. I didnt poas. Feeling so down. I know this is definitely out. Anyone got period this early before? or is there still chance? feel like stoping the crinone i mean whats the point right. I have frozen left can anyone advice how much is the estimation cost for frozen cycle.

Hi yesterday was my 8dp3dt and i started spotting and today full flow bleeding. Call CHR clinic and they told me to continue the crinone gel and up the intake. My BT only be next monday. I didnt poas. Feeling so down. I know this is definitely out. Anyone got period this early before? or is there still chance? feel like stoping the crinone i mean whats the point right. I have frozen left can anyone advice how much is the estimation cost for frozen cycle.

Hi emzz, does 8dp3dt mean 8days past a 3d transfer? does it mean u had a day 3 embryo transfer and had past 8 days? Actually i am confused with this term. Can explain to let me know better?

Btw, maybe you can do a pregnancy test check at home to check. Maybe it will be late implantation.

Back