IVF/ICSI Support Group

I wish i cud say tat abt myself..hah I hate eating medications so much and cant even see needles ..but i always keep reminding myself if i dont do this if i dont try wud i regret in future.. i even"check myself in" for acupuncture which i had been doing weekly for a yr. i literally clench my hands for every over 30needles poked into me. always feel nervous at EVERYYYYY SESSIONS. haha unfortunately i don tink my body is reacting to acupuncture. it really is draining, emotional, mentally, physically not forgetting financially too. but i'm always scared to stop trying. as everyone in this journey probably know TIME is a factor.

Try at your best means, Take good care of your body and stop whenevr not feeling well, body will givr warning signs,
For me, 13 eggs retrieved, 7 matured and fertilized and left 5 to freeze if can survive to day 5, now worry about freezing process, if left nothing, not sure what to do next...

Hi..my wife has problems in fallopian tubes..doctors guide us for IVF. can we choose another way that is better from IVF?
Hi!
She can try “Fallopian tube cannulation/recanalizations” to clear them. I didn’t at SGH.
How was she diagnosed? During simple HSG? It could be spasm, not blockage.

Dear mummies,
Hi I am Davina Seet of ACS (Independent). I am doing my extended essay as part of my IB requirement. My area of research is on the revised co-funding scheme of ART and I found this support group through a church member.
I understand some may find this issue sensitive, if you are uncomfortable there is no need to answer this! However, if you are open to answering this survey, please help to fill it up! Thank you!

https://goo.gl/forms/SZJ7xTJvvXhKn5HC3

Try at your best means, Take good care of your body and stop whenevr not feeling well, body will givr warning signs,
For me, 13 eggs retrieved, 7 matured and fertilized and left 5 to freeze if can survive to day 5, now worry about freezing process, if left nothing, not sure what to do next...
same to u! hope all goes well for u.. if no eggs left and u decided to try again most likely its the repeated process of jabs n meds prep for retrieval again like i did for my 2nd cycle. As the remaining eggs thawed in my 1st cycle didnt survived. wishing you the all the luck in the world!!! baby dust~

anyone encounter lining got fluid during scan for fresh cycle? will it affect no fresh transfer?

Hi. I encountered fluid in my uterus cavity during stimulation. Initially thought I can go for my first fresh transfer after stimulation but it was later found out that there is fluid and my gynae say cannot proceed as implantation will not take place with the fluid around. For my case, I have both blocked tubes and after retrieval I was arranged for HSG and hysteroscopy to check lining and did some removal of adhesions etc. The fluid then disappear by itself and I have underwent a FET just last week.

same to u! hope all goes well for u.. if no eggs left and u decided to try again most likely its the repeated process of jabs n meds prep for retrieval again like i did for my 2nd cycle. As the remaining eggs thawed in my 1st cycle didnt survived. wishing you the all the luck in the world!!! baby dust~
I had left 5 embryos, if didnt survive till tomorrow day 6 means cannot be frozen, anyone encountered? Is tis common?

Hi..my wife has problems in fallopian tubes..doctors guide us for IVF. can we choose another way that is better from IVF?
suggest you get a second opinion and research on the problems your wife has.
as this is an ivf support group, I don't know how we can suggest a way that is BETTER than ivf...

I had left 5 embryos, if didnt survive till tomorrow day 6 means cannot be frozen, anyone encountered? Is tis common?

if cannot survive till tml mean u dun have any embryos left to transfer, did they call u today for update? yes this this common as more days the embryos is cultatived each day, the percentage of survival drop unless your embryos quality is good.

Hi. I encountered fluid in my uterus cavity during stimulation. Initially thought I can go for my first fresh transfer after stimulation but it was later found out that there is fluid and my gynae say cannot proceed as implantation will not take place with the fluid around. For my case, I have both blocked tubes and after retrieval I was arranged for HSG and hysteroscopy to check lining and did some removal of adhesions etc. The fluid then disappear by itself and I have underwent a FET just last week.
this is my first time encountered fluid. during 1st fresh do not have it during stimm scan. i I guess I might not have fresh cycle already. how long did u manage to do fet after the hsg check?

this is my first time encountered fluid. during 1st fresh do not have it during stimm scan. i I guess I might not have fresh cycle already. how long did u manage to do fet after the hsg check?

Hmm yes with fluid don't think can proceed with the transfer. My retrieval was in Sep. Did HSG in Oct and from the test it shows my lining is distorted and gynae arranged me to go for Hysteroscopy to check the lining in Nov. During this check, adhesions were removed but all these may recur. As I told gynae that I wish to do FET asap. He said soonest is Jan. So in dec, I did another Hysteroscopy to ensure the worst adhesion did not recur so to have the best lining before the FET.

Hmm yes with fluid don't think can proceed with the transfer. My retrieval was in Sep. Did HSG in Oct and from the test it shows my lining is distorted and gynae arranged me to go for Hysteroscopy to check the lining in Nov. During this check, adhesions were removed but all these may recur. As I told gynae that I wish to do FET asap. He said soonest is Jan. So in dec, I did another Hysteroscopy to ensure the worst adhesion did not recur so to have the best lining before the FET.
ok thanks for your info. guess I jus slowly take in the news. Dr said the eggs more impt now. lining got fluid later then see. did hysterscopy previosuly before found it is cleared inside uterus.

ok thanks for your info. guess I jus slowly take in the news. Dr said the eggs more impt now. lining got fluid later then see. did hysterscopy previosuly before found it is cleared inside uterus.

Yup don't worry about the fluid, let it go off by itself.

Now focus more on retrieving good quality eggs.

Take care and all the best. :)

anyone encounter lining got fluid during scan for fresh cycle? will it affect no fresh transfer?
Hello, I ever experienced that back in 2013 when they found fluid in the cavity. It was from the remaining blocked tube. Do reads up on hydrosalphinx. With this condition, IVF will not be successful cos the blocked tube gives out toxic fluid, hindering implantation.

Yes. At this stage, focus on getting quality eggs first. Freeze them and then settle your waterlogged lining. Can go FET afterwards.

if cannot survive till tml mean u dun have any embryos left to transfer, did they call u today for update? yes this this common as more days the embryos is cultatived each day, the percentage of survival drop unless your embryos quality is good.
I transfer 1 grade 4 blast on day 5. The rest they wanna observe till day 6 (1 of them is early blast) endup freeze 0 on day 6. They told me quality not gd enough

I transfer 1 grade 4 blast on day 5. The rest they wanna observe till day 6 (1 of them is early blast) endup freeze 0 on day 6. They told me quality not gd enough
I was feeling regretful as should i just insist on fresh cycle cos now also no chance for the 5 embryos for fet? I still have to re start the next cycle again... sob sob...

I was feeling regretful as should i just insist on fresh cycle cos now also no chance for the 5 embryos for fet? I still have to re start the next cycle again... sob sob...

Dont be sad mine could be just unlucky but to hospital they think quality no gd transfer also no use that why they dispose away on day 6.

actually if they are not able to survive the thaw, chances are that they may not survive in your womb too.

Hi just dropby to say jiayou for those gg for 4th or 6th round of ivf.. I personally did total of 10 fresh n frozen , I have a 3yo gal n 7mths twin gals.
Persistent is the only thing I have in mind back then. Yes I went thru emotionally n physically . Miscarriage happen at the 6th round n was my first positive . Then 8th got my first Bb then 10th got identical twin gals.

Hi just dropby to say jiayou for those gg for 4th or 6th round of ivf.. I personally did total of 10 fresh n frozen , I have a 3yo gal n 7mths twin gals.
Persistent is the only thing I have in mind back then. Yes I went thru emotionally n physically . Miscarriage happen at the 6th round n was my first positive . Then 8th got my first Bb then 10th got identical twin gals.

Hi dolly gal. Congrats and I'm really moved by your determination and hope all of us will brave through this tough period. Persistent is the word

Hi everyone. if i need some clarifications. For the payments of the test and procedures, i understand that the initial tests we would have to bear and is not claimable. However, for the procedures, tests and medications claimable for the co-funding.. do we still have to pay upfront those bills or it will be incorporated and accounted for directly from the govt co-funding... meaning we do not have to pay upfront? I read somewhere in forums that for SGH we would have to pay upfront for all, then the hospital will reimburse via cheque? Is my understanding right? Does this also applies to KKH & NUH?? Thank You.

Last edited:
Hello, I ever experienced that back in 2013 when they found fluid in the cavity. It was from the remaining blocked tube. Do reads up on hydrosalphinx. With this condition, IVF will not be successful cos the blocked tube gives out toxic fluid, hindering implantation.
did u remove the tube later on?

Hi everyone. if i need some clarifications. For the payments of the test and procedures, i understand that the initial tests we would have to bear and is not claimable. However, for the procedures, tests and medications claimable for the co-funding.. do we still have to pay upfront those bills or it will be incorporated and accounted for directly from the govt co-funding... meaning we do not have to pay upfront? I read somewhere in forums that for SGH we would have to pay upfront for all, then the hospital will reimburse via cheque? Is my understanding right? Does this also applies to KKH & NUH?? Thank You.
i had ivf in kkh b4.. if i remember correctly some of the test such as blood test, HSG , Semen analysis..is cash. some of the medications too.

Hey, my hcg lvl was about 203 when I did my BT, doc said levels r healthy and considered safe. Don'tr worry too much unless the doctor say otherwise?
Thank you so much starrain9874! Cause i was worried, kkh say they are expecting to see 250 and wants me to repeat BT without giving extra support..

Hello Lady, for KKH, for those that are claimable, we do not need to pay anything. When we collect the jabs from the Pharmacy, the customer service will pass you a small sticker receipt stating how much the jabs cost. This is for reference only. It's only when the costs of the jabs and meds exceed the grant and medisave, then they will send an invoice to our home address.

Hope it clarifies.

I have been through 6 fresh cycles myself and totally understand the journey.

May i know any of you continue to use femaline wash during yr ER or ET period? I use it everyday and hope this would not affect anything. Anyone know?

Hello Lady, for KKH, for those that are claimable, we do not need to pay anything. When we collect the jabs from the Pharmacy, the customer service will pass you a small sticker receipt stating how much the jabs cost. This is for reference only. It's only when the costs of the jabs and meds exceed the grant and medisave, then they will send an invoice to our home address.

Hope it clarifies.
Thanks towkayneo. This clarifies clearly. :):) Hope its the same for NUH or SGH..

did u remove the tube later on?
may i know u did hsg to found out or vscan and saw it? i did not see it during my fet scans. did u see many times fluid in the cavity during vscan or just one time then found out? i ask the sonographer yesterday she said sometime patients also has it when she did the scan.

hi have u did anything differences during the last few cycle to achieve bfp?

Back