Sep 2018 Mummies, anyone?

When do pregnancy symptoms usually kick in? Nausea, morning sickness, cravings, etc. I haven't felt anything other than tiredness but even then I'm not sure if that's just me or the pregnancy that causes the fatigue. I've been emotionally and mentally stressed about this. I don't feel pregnant but I'm at Week 7 already...

I had bad MS last week but this week is manageable, which worries me lol. I think we are just paranoid! Let’s stay positive and tell little bean to stick with us!

Me too.. last week i got symptoms like craving, hunger pangs, cramping, stomach feeling tightness, bloatedness but this week no more except boobs abit sore. Won't be seeing gynae until 2 weeks. Am quite worry too. :(

Me too.. last week i got symptoms like craving, hunger pangs, cramping, stomach feeling tightness, bloatedness but this week no more except boobs abit sore. Won't be seeing gynae until 2 weeks. Am quite worry too. :(

I have the exact same symptoms. So don't worry. I just reached 5 weeks :D How far along are you?

Hi All,

Tested positive on 27 Dec and had my first scanning on 8 Jan! Currently at 6 weeks plus and EDD is on 2 September!
Starting to feel nauseous and lost of appetite throughout the day.

Hello! My first pregnancy and I am so nervous, so lost right now. My period was late for a week so the curious cat in me did a check on watsons kit and I tested positive on 05/01! If that wasn't enough I bought the digital clearblue test kit the next day. And if that still wasn't enough, today I went to my GP and he confirmed my pregnancy! I should be in my 6th week now, and my EDD should be late August/early September, but he said it's the latter most likely since my cycle is on average 37 days :)

I'm leaning towards Dr Natalie Chua from PEH, as recommended by my best friend. But still super lost LOL don't know when's the right time to call to make appointment.

I'm seeing Dr Natalie Chua from PEH too. :)

Hi everyone, I tested positive on 9 Jan and estimated to be about 4 weeks along now. My gynae appointment will be on 29 Jan with Dr Yeoh Swee Choo at Mount E.

I'm also getting a bit paranoid on how well my little one is growing. Because I wasn' expecting to get pregnant, I haven't been taking folic acid supplements daily until conception (obviously I'm taking now that I realised I'm pregnant!). Plus I've been drinking coffee everyday as well prior to realising my pregnancy. I also did TENS and therapeutic ultrasound for my lower back pain.

Feel like a terrible mother already.. I don't have much symptoms except unbelievable exhaustion. I can fall asleep anytime of the day.

I have the exact same symptoms. So don't worry. I just reached 5 weeks :D How far along are you?

So are u still having those symptoms till now? Have u seen gynae?

I'm not very sure of how many weeks I'm preggie now till i see gynae in 2 weeks time cos i was down with tonsillitis in Nov and was given antibioics and usually if I'm on medication, my menses for the next mth will be affected, either early or late a few days so my last menses was either on 30 Nov or 2 Dec.

What d
I had bad MS last week but this week is manageable, which worries me lol. I think we are just paranoid! Let’s stay positive and tell little bean to stick with us!
What does morning sickness taste like? Like acidic and yellowish? Haha! Weird question..

So are u still having those symptoms till now? Have u seen gynae?

I'm not very sure of how many weeks I'm preggie now till i see gynae in 2 weeks time cos i was down with tonsillitis in Nov and was given antibioics and usually if I'm on medication, my menses for the next mth will be affected, either early or late a few days so my last menses was either on 30 Nov or 2 Dec.

Yeah I am still having those symptoms though they vary in intensity for different days. Exercising definitely help abate some of those symptoms and drinking some warm honey ginger tea helps when the bloating gets too bad.

Ohhh, how come so long to see the Gynae? Did u get your BFP? I saw my Gynae 3 days after my BFP (4 weeks +) but can't find the sac on the ultrasound. Now I am seeing him again at 5 weeks+ to get the due date for the baby through ultrasound. Once you see the Gynae, from the ultrasound he will be able to tell you how far along you are. He can also do a blood test for you to check your HCG levels.

Omg I'm surprised the sep thread is up. I just tested positive 3x on 2 days ago. A bit unbelievable.

I just made appointment to see Benjamin Tham at tmc. It's by #3 :)

Hi everyone, I tested positive on 9 Jan and estimated to be about 4 weeks along now. My gynae appointment will be on 29 Jan with Dr Yeoh Swee Choo at Mount E.

I'm also getting a bit paranoid on how well my little one is growing. Because I wasn' expecting to get pregnant, I haven't been taking folic acid supplements daily until conception (obviously I'm taking now that I realised I'm pregnant!). Plus I've been drinking coffee everyday as well prior to realising my pregnancy. I also did TENS and therapeutic ultrasound for my lower back pain.

Feel like a terrible mother already.. I don't have much symptoms except unbelievable exhaustion. I can fall asleep anytime of the day.
No worries. I had wine and kopi, went marina carnival for the rides etc and only started folic acids today.

No worries. I had wine and kopi, went marina carnival for the rides etc and only started folic acids today.

Phew I'm glad to hear this. The first thought I had when I learnt I was pregnant was whether I had hurt my baby considering all the nonos that I did in the 2 weeks after conception..

Phew I'm glad to hear this. The first thought I had when I learnt I was pregnant was whether I had hurt my baby considering all the nonos that I did in the 2 weeks after conception..

Well, can't beat me. I spent my first week after conception in Taipei, drank countless cups of tea and Bubble Tea, ate loads of Pineapple Cakes (the week after that) + all the sausages/not clean food from the night markets. Then came back and found out I was preggy. And then only started my Folic Acid XD

I'm just surprised my baby didn't abort itself, with all the condensed pineapples I ate in the pineapple cakes. For what it is worth, they were delicious ^_^

Oh well, what's done is done. Can't cry after spilled milk. lol now I am making up for it by eating healthily :p

Well, can't beat me. I spent my first week after conception in Taipei, drank countless cups of tea and Bubble Tea, ate loads of Pineapple Cakes (the week after that) + all the sausages/not clean food from the night markets. Then came back and found out I was preggy. And then only started my Folic Acid XD

I'm just surprised my baby didn't abort itself, with all the condensed pineapples I ate in the pineapple cakes. For what it is worth, they were delicious ^_^

Oh well, what's done is done. Can't cry after spilled milk. lol now I am making up for it by eating healthily :p

I think I more jialat. Was holidaying in Japan and ate sashimi Everyday for the larger part of Dec. Now I don’t even dare to drink coffee

Yeah I am still having those symptoms though they vary in intensity for different days. Exercising definitely help abate some of those symptoms and drinking some warm honey ginger tea helps when the bloating gets too bad.

Ohhh, how come so long to see the Gynae? Did u get your BFP? I saw my Gynae 3 days after my BFP (4 weeks +) but can't find the sac on the ultrasound. Now I am seeing him again at 5 weeks+ to get the due date for the baby through ultrasound. Once you see the Gynae, from the ultrasound he will be able to tell you how far along you are. He can also do a blood test for you to check your HCG levels.

Thanks for your advice. Will heed your advice if I ever get the bloatedness feeling again.. for now the symptoms are all gone.. don't know should count myself lucky or not.. but i definately wish to have the symptoms so that i can have the reassurance.. sigh.. :(

I tested positive on 1 Jan and quickly made an appointment with gynae the next day. I also don't know why so long.. seriously I can't wait to see my gynae to ensure everything's gd but I read before the later u see the gynae the more things gynae can thru the scan like bb size, heartbeats, etc.

Last edited:
Omg I'm surprised the sep thread is up. I just tested positive 3x on 2 days ago. A bit unbelievable.

I just made appointment to see Benjamin Tham at tmc. It's by #3 :)

Congrats to u on your #3!!
I'm seeing Benjamin Tham too. I tested positive on 1 Jan, made an appointment the next day but was told to see him in 3 weeks time.. I'm thinking why so long. May i know when is your appointent?

Last edited:
Congrats to u on your #3!!
I'm seeing Benjamin Tham too. I tested positive on 1 Jan, made an appointment the next day but was told to see him in 3 weeks time.. I'm thinking why so long. May i know when is your appointent?

I made the appt ytd, seeing him on 25th. The nurse told me usually they see patients in their 7th week

I made the appt ytd, seeing him on 25th. The nurse told me usually they see patients in their 7th week

I see.. I thought usually see gynae at the 6th week. Anyway I'm seeing him during that week too so i presume u r in your 5th week now? By the way, both your kids were delivered at tmc? I want to deliver at Mt A due to the service at tmc but i tink Benjamin no longer deliver at Mt A now.

I see.. I thought usually see gynae at the 6th week. Anyway I'm seeing him during that week too so i presume u r in your 5th week now? By the way, both your kids were delivered at tmc? I want to deliver at Mt A due to the service at tmc but i tink Benjamin no longer deliver at Mt A now.

I'm 6th weeks now. The nurse suggested 19th that week but I could not make it.

Both my kids were delivered at tmc. My #1 Gynae is another doc. I really no regret choosing doc Tham and delivering at tmc.

I'm 6th weeks now. The nurse suggested 19th that week but I could not make it.

Both my kids were delivered at tmc. My #1 Gynae is another doc. I really no regret choosing doc Tham and delivering at tmc.

I see.
I guess I'll have to bear with the service at tmc then.

Anyone can advise if pregnant can eat the following.. if yes, how often can we eat within a week/mth?

1. Snapper fish
2. Threadfin fish
3. Promfet fish
4. Garoupa fish
5. Fish maw
6. Salmon
7. Cod
8. Abalone
9. Prawns
10. Curry sauce food
11. Spicy food

Anyone can advise if pregnant can eat the following.. if yes, how often can we eat within a week/mth?

1. Snapper fish
2. Threadfin fish
3. Promfet fish
4. Garoupa fish
5. Fish maw
6. Salmon
7. Cod
8. Abalone
9. Prawns
10. Curry sauce food
11. Spicy food

For seafood, according to this website: http://americanpregnancy.org/pregnancy-health/mercury-levels-in-fish/, we should not eat more than 6 ounces of Tuna (Albacore) in a week.

From the FDA guide on mercury levels of different seafood, Tuna(Albacore) has 0.358 ppm of mercury.
https://www.fda.gov/food/foodborneillnesscontaminants/metals/ucm115644.htm

To find out how many ounces of other seafood you can eat in a week, take (0.358*6)/[merc level of seafood (ppm)] = # of ounces per week that you can consume those seafood.

Regarding curry sauce/spicy food, it depends on whether you believe in TCM or not. Western medicine didn't say pregnant women can't eat spicy food or curry. In fact certain spices in curry is good for health. TCM says to avoid spicy food because it is too heaty. They didn't specify an amount or spiciness level to avoid.

Hi all
Second time mum here. Just tested positive today, 4 week plus today. Was thinking to deliver at Thomson or nuh as I delivered my first child at Thomson and nuh is near my house. Dilemma. Anyway I was given this month end appointment by Nuh.

@missyemily I hv pm u , pls add me to Whatsapp group , thks .

Last edited:
Hi all
Second time mum here. Just tested positive today, 5 week plus today. Was thinking to deliver at Thomson or nuh as I delivered my first child at Thomson and nuh is near my house. Dilemma. Anyway I was given this month end appointment by Nuh.

@missyemily I hv pm u , pls add me to Whatsapp group , thks .
I have a month end appt at NUH too! Mine is on 31 Jan 2018! I am choosing nuh, because i thought it would be cheaper, my #1’s bill is pretty shocking. Delivered at MT A though.

I have a month end appt at NUH too! Mine is on 31 Jan 2018! I am choosing nuh, because i thought it would be cheaper, my #1’s bill is pretty shocking. Delivered at MT A though.

Ya I also thought about the bill as my last bill very shocking at Thomson. But then we are comfortable with the last gynac, so still thinking.

My appt at nuh is on 26 jan 2018. For Thomson still thinking as I call my gynac it so difficult to get through. So u seeing which doc at nuh ?

Ya I also thought about the bill as my last bill very shocking at Thomson. But then we are comfortable with the last gynac, so still thinking.

My appt at nuh is on 26 jan 2018. For Thomson still thinking as I call my gynac it so difficult to get through. So u seeing which doc at nuh ?

I think if u are unsure, u can visit your previous gynae for the first scan. Make sure baby is ok. I am not sure which gynae i would be seeing, hence am switching to pte after 12 weeks.

Hi girls just to check wif u all, as we know Chinese New Year around the corner , anyone know if we can do Medicure and perm hair with colour plus treatment?

Hi All,

I just tested positive yesterday. Am around 4 weeks now. Had a miscarriage in March last year so finally my chance of having my rainbow baby is here. I also drank coffee every day prior to this though, and sometimes ate sashimi as I don't know when I can conceive again so I just relax and eat what I want. I went out earlier and almost knocked my tummy against a table, it was still a shock to me and I'm so scared my baby is affected and something will happen again. Paranoid.

By the way, I couldn't believe I was pregnant. I don't have much symptoms. I had hunger pangs last week, and tiredness. This week I lost my appetite, felt a little nausea here and there and almost no CM down there (sorry tmi). No sore boobs, no increased CM, it's very different from my first pregnancy. But I read online that every pregnancy is different. Hopefully my little beanie can stick with me this time!!!

I am choosing Thomson as my delivery hospital. Can share with me via PM your bill from there? Just a rough ballpark number will do. This will be my first delivery, so I have no experience. Thanks!

I am choosing Thomson as my delivery hospital. Can share with me via PM your bill from there? Just a rough ballpark number will do. This will be my first delivery, so I have no experience. Thanks!

The bill is @ 2013 which is like 4year plus ago, mine is emergency csect with 4 bedded. Dunno price increase that much since a not. I pm u

The bill is @ 2013 which is like 4year plus ago, mine is emergency csect with 4 bedded. Dunno price increase that much since a not. I pm u

Okie thanks! I just need to get an idea. I'll factor in some inflation. Will wait for your PM. Thanks! :D

Hi ! This is my #1, so excited and scared. I am now 5+ going 6week . Will be seeing doc. Lim May Li on 17Jan for ultrasound. I have been spotting and mild bleeding since 4Jan till now.. :( I have done a few blood test once every few days and hcg has been doubling which makes me feel positive. Hoping to see the sac on wed. My edd should be 11 sept if all goes well.

Pls add me to WhatsApp group too !! :)

Hello everyone! Im new to this forum :) im into wk 7 soon and ive got spotting issues. Went to the gynae tdy, did a virginal check and found bleeding thru my cervix. got a progesteron jab and duphaston tablets. Im on bed rest now. Another 3 more days im scheduled to see dr peter chew again. My first time preggie and im feeling worried & uncertain still, hope the spotting stops.

Anyone had similar issues b4?

Hi ! This is my #1, so excited and scared. I am now 5+ going 6week . Will be seeing doc. Lim May Li on 17Jan for ultrasound. I have been spotting and mild bleeding since 4Jan till now.. :( I have done a few blood test once every few days and hcg has been doubling which makes me feel positive. Hoping to see the sac on wed. My edd should be 11 sept if all goes well.

Pls add me to WhatsApp group too !! :)

Praying for u too. Its jus too scary when u r bleeding/spotting so early

I've just seen my gynae early due to spotting. Only a gestational sac captured on the ultrasound.. I am worried. Anyone know when will I be able to see a fetal heartbeat?

I went for first scan at 7 weeks when I was pregnant with my first. Heartbeat and gestational sac and yolk sac was seen immediately.

Gynae prescribed me Duphaston this time to help maintain the pregnancy and will see me 2 weeks later.

Praying for u too! Jiayou! Update us after ur next gynae visit!

I think I more jialat. Was holidaying in Japan and ate sashimi Everyday for the larger part of Dec. Now I don’t even dare to drink coffee

I was in japan too and i went to universal studios!!! Drank sake and ate sashimi and crabs and countless of greentea!!!! now i am spotting and im so worried.

By the way, is there also a closed group for facebook page for September 2018 SG mums which is not affiliated with the super mom bb fair?

Last edited:
It's barely been three weeks since the year started and I've taken two MCs already The fatigue and nausea is unbelievable, especially when it's just lingering there and not actually vomiting. Anyone told their boss yet about the pregnancy? Feel really bad that I'm skipping work without telling the truth

For seafood, according to this website: http://americanpregnancy.org/pregnancy-health/mercury-levels-in-fish/, we should not eat more than 6 ounces of Tuna (Albacore) in a week.

From the FDA guide on mercury levels of different seafood, Tuna(Albacore) has 0.358 ppm of mercury.
https://www.fda.gov/food/foodborneillnesscontaminants/metals/ucm115644.htm

To find out how many ounces of other seafood you can eat in a week, take (0.358*6)/[merc level of seafood (ppm)] = # of ounces per week that you can consume those seafood.

Regarding curry sauce/spicy food, it depends on whether you believe in TCM or not. Western medicine didn't say pregnant women can't eat spicy food or curry. In fact certain spices in curry is good for health. TCM says to avoid spicy food because it is too heaty. They didn't specify an amount or spiciness level to avoid.

Thanks alot for info.. it's indeed very useful. Apparently, I can't find some of the fishes like threadfin, fish maw, etc. listed in the website so still unsure if it is safe to eat so for now being the kiasi me will just skip eating fishes.. scare the mercury will accumulate up. :(

By the way, I always heard and also read people said eat in moderation, how do they gauge how much in moderation to eat and how does spicy food affect bb? Does it cause MC, birth defects or ... ??
Pardon me for those silly questions.

Back