IVF at KKH

procrastinate and ponder and think...and finally made the call to be pte patient. gonna see THH on 30 nov. omg so long. but blame myself for procrastinating :(

hi @saky , dun blame urself for this... me too like you... kept procrastinating...ponder and think... wasted the "golden years" ... now that i'm 37... then finally go for this & chances of success decreased so much...

u gonnaa to see dr tan hh on 30nov? what time is ur appt?

I was with Kkh and assigned to Jessie poon to do my er and et. I was considered very lucky to succeed in my first try since I’m in my late 30s. Reason why I’m writing this is to encourage those who are in their late 30s not to give up hope as I know the chances ain’t high ... but there always chances...

@Arrisa thanks dear.... for the encouragement... indeed a good example from you for me & those whom are in the late 30s...

let's hope & pray for our wish to become someone's mummy to come through eventually :)

I'm in late 30s too n going 40 soon to be nx year...Sigh... I will be starting my 3rd fresh this mid month at KK w Dr Tan HH. Hopefully he will give me luck on my finally round.... Wish myself and all ladies doing IVF this month will success become mother...:)

Yes wish everyone who is embarking Ivf best of luck... it’s a tiring process but at the end it’s all worth it :)

procrastinate and ponder and think...and finally made the call to be pte patient. gonna see THH on 30 nov. omg so long. but blame myself for procrastinating :(

U can keep calling the appt hotline to check if there is any earlier appt. sometimes there will be as patients changed appt

hi @saky , dun blame urself for this... me too like you... kept procrastinating...ponder and think... wasted the "golden years" ... now that i'm 37... then finally go for this & chances of success decreased so much...

u gonnaa to see dr tan hh on 30nov? what time is ur appt?
Hihi! Thanks for encouragement :) my appt is at 950am. But i think most likely still gotta wait right? Dun think I'll see him at that time. Haha. Are you seeing him on that day?

@saky i seeing dr tan on 29nov morning... yaa gonna have a loong.... wait :)
My appt with Dr Tan HH is 10am, I get to see him around 1pm plus. I had a lunch and back and the 2nd one is me. Dr Tan will be busy with ivf procedures and baby deliveries, halfway while waiting. He need to help so therefore need to wait very patiently.

Hi, the nurse told me for ladies doing diff processes. Diff block out dates. Pls see the below.
Natural FET- 1st dec to 22nd dec
Medicated FET- 3rd dec to 15th dec
Hi nutty_hazel;
Thanks

So i guess my natural fet next cycle will hit the block out dates..

Any one can advise me the procedure of natural fet? I.e which days need to do scanning.. which day do transfer?
How many leave is giving after transfer?
Etc

Thanks in advance

Hi nutty_hazel;
Thanks

So i guess my natural fet next cycle will hit the block out dates..

Any one can advise me the procedure of natural fet? I.e which days need to do scanning.. which day do transfer?
How many leave is giving after transfer?
Etc

Thanks in advance
Natural FET included a lot of scanning of follicles , lining and test when is ur ovulation. The scanning will be a lot more esp near ur ovulation time. 3 days of leave after transfer.

Hi all! I've been a silent reader, and now that i've been through my first round of ivf, thought i'd share my experience and hope you kind ladies can help with a query i have :)

i'm currently a subsidized patient in kkh, did my ivf for the first time in sep and failed. period came super painfully during my 2ww.
because i'm under subsidy, my doc changes all the time. i think throughout the whole process i saw 3 diff docs? each time for 2min? even though i wait for abt 2-3hr each time :confused::(
to be honest, i see and talk and get advise from the nurses more than the docs.

eventually the doc who did my ET is Dr Jessie Phoon. i think she did my ER too? but i honestly dunno cos i was knocked out b4 the doc came. prior to the ER, i dun rem the docs that i've seen.

so now i'm jus wondering shd i spend money to upgrade to pte and change to Dr THH? am i also not going to see much of him until ET? can anybody advise?

i'm concurrently seeing doc tan siew bouy for TCM for the past year, and i asked her if the doc matters in ivf, she kinda say not really, but what's impt is who does the ET :(

Now that i've only 2 more chances at kkh, that i can do ivf and get govt grant. i dunno if i shd spend more and go pte within kkh.
I'd greatly appreciate any advise from all of you kind ladies :)

if you have a particular medical issue which hinders your chances of conceiving, I would say definitely choose your dr as dr will tweak your protocol and follow your case. I think lesser attention is given for subsidized patients and you usually wont see senior consultants.
thh has good reputation and build up a huge volume of positive track record. so many ppl want to see him until he has no time. so if you are concerned of the amount of waiting time and face time with dr, suggest look for others. I like dr liu shuling but didn't do ivf with her.

Hihi! Thanks for encouragement :) my appt is at 950am. But i think most likely still gotta wait right? Dun think I'll see him at that time. Haha. Are you seeing him on that day?
go early better than late. sometimes nurse don't follow appointment time, just follow the order of who has "check in" for the appointments.

Hi nutty_hazel

If i am able to knoe my ovuation time, mayb the number of scan is lesser?
I am afraid no, u still need to do scanning of follicle. But got one time, the nurse asked me to do ovulation at home.
For natural FET, need to keep track on lining and ovulation at the same time.

I am afraid no, u still need to do scanning of follicle. But got one time, the nurse asked me to do ovulation at home.
For natural FET, need to keep track on lining and ovulation at the same time.
So did u succeeded in natural FET?

I have 2 frozen D5 blastocyst
If transfer on DPO5?

Hi all, I'm new to this forum. Can anyone share how much is the private rate versus subsidised rate for IVF at KKH? And how is the queue like (i.e. how many months to start the IVF process for both scenarios) I'm currently a private patient at KKH and am thinking if I should re-queue as subsidized patient if the private rate for IVF at KKH is similar to those private hospitals. Thanks all.

Hi all, I'm new to this forum. Can anyone share how much is the private rate versus subsidised rate for IVF at KKH? And how is the queue like (i.e. how many months to start the IVF process for both scenarios) I'm currently a private patient at KKH and am thinking if I should re-queue as subsidized patient if the private rate for IVF at KKH is similar to those private hospitals. Thanks all.

I only know subsidy rate is see different doc de. Not ur principal doc that will access the condition. So later u will come across diff doc tell u diff things. U no need re-queue u can just downgrade will do.

The cost of ivf is the same. Only the followup after ivf is different. If subsidise you cannot choose which doc to do er & et. I upgrade from subsidise to dr tan hh cause the cost of ivf is the same. Did my pretest under subsidise.

I will be returning red eggs to zsnn at Tang Gah Beo (
6 Bukit Purmei, Singapore 099866) on 15 Dec 3pm. You may wish to go and collect some baby dust blessings:)))

Dear ladies,
This is my 2nd try. Can I ask for blastocyst day 5 embryos, izit necessary for hubby to do the blood test again? I don’t understand why my hubby need to do again... I’m the one getting pregnant not him wat.... not doing a fresh cycle ...
????

Hi, am new here too. Going for my first appointment with dr tan hh in jan. anything i shld tk note?
Hi
Dr Tan is nice n quick witted person.. He will always give u best solution.. If you got any question just ask him don hesitate, if not u miss the chance and will only get to see him on ur ER & ET day.

Hi
Dr Tan is nice n quick witted person.. He will always give u best solution.. If you got any question just ask him don hesitate, if not u miss the chance and will only get to see him on ur ER & ET day.

Sorry may i know what is ER & ET means?

Do all of us have to go thru iui b4 ivf?
How is the waiting time like? Do my hub need to go along for this first appt?

paiseh.. so many questions.:)

Sorry may i know what is ER & ET means?

Do all of us have to go thru iui b4 ivf?
How is the waiting time like? Do my hub need to go along for this first appt?

paiseh.. so many questions.:)
Hi

ER - Egg Retrieval
ET - Egg Transfer

No worry u can ask anything... Once u start doing IVF you will get to know more..
I didn't do IUI.. I straight go for IVF .. Maybe for other people may consider 2nd option for IVF if they failed IUI.
You mean waiting time to c Dr Tan for consultation? If your appt is at 10am, waiting time about 15-30min. Yes, is best to ask ur hubby to accompany you go.

You are doing IUI or IVF? This is your 1st time?

Last edited:
Hi

ER - Egg Retrieval
ET - Egg Transfer

For me I didn't do IUI.. I straight go for IVF .. Maybe for other people may consider 2nd option for IVF if they failed IUI.
You mean waiting time to c Dr Tan for consultation? If your appt is at 10am, waiting time about 15-30min. Yes, is best to ask ur hubby to accompany you go.

You are doing IUI or IVF? This is your 1st time?

yes our first time. quite nervous cos i dun really understand what will be going on.
i had polyps removed last year do i need to bring those report for the appt too ?
saw previous message they waited 2 hrs ?? hopefully can be on time.

Hi all, i was told that drink milk was good for us. However, which type of milk are you all drinking? Any recommendation? Cold or warm milk? Thank you.

yes our first time. quite nervous cos i dun really understand what will be going on.
i had polyps removed last year do i need to bring those report for the appt too ?
saw previous message they waited 2 hrs ?? hopefully can be on time.
Hi,

Yes u need bring all medical report to let know doctor see.. Just relax they will let you know the things u need to do...
It had to depend by luck too... The first time i met Dr Tan i waited 15-30 min... If more ten 2hr wait properly he got operation to do at last min...

Hi all, anyone can advice ? I m under subsidised at Kk. My doctor is Liu Shuling. I was assigned to her at the first appointment. She did my ER and ET. I failed my first cycle of fresh in October .Today went for review ...If i want to change doctor to Dr Tan HH, what will be the difference in the rate for consultation? Planning to do my 2nd fresh in April. Any advice?

Dear ladies,
This is my 2nd try. Can I ask for blastocyst day 5 embryos, izit necessary for hubby to do the blood test again? I don’t understand why my hubby need to do again... I’m the one getting pregnant not him wat.... not doing a fresh cycle ...
????

The blood test is it test for hiv n hep b etc?

Hi,

Yes u need bring all medical report to let know doctor see.. Just relax they will let you know the things u need to do...
It had to depend by luck too... The first time i met Dr Tan i waited 15-30 min... If more ten 2hr wait properly he got operation to do at last min...

Thanks Yenni!

I just had my hsg last thur due to my late ovulation, but I have appointment on coming thu with Dr tan to discuss if I should st away go for ivf based on all the test results. My concern is will the hsg result out already by Thursday wen I see him? Or I should postpone my app. I check the schedule, the next available slot is 28 Jan...=(

Hi yenni, you mean we can go for ivf without trying iui first? I thought they have a standard protocol, if fail iui then can do ivf

Hi yenni, you mean we can go for ivf without trying iui first? I thought they have a standard protocol, if fail iui then can do ivf
Hi,
Yes yes.. Unless u keen to try IUI as is less ex but chances is slightly lower ten IVF.. If not u can straight start w IVF..

Hi all, anyone can advice ? I m under subsidised at Kk. My doctor is Liu Shuling. I was assigned to her at the first appointment. She did my ER and ET. I failed my first cycle of fresh in October .Today went for review ...If i want to change doctor to Dr Tan HH, what will be the difference in the rate for consultation? Planning to do my 2nd fresh in April. Any advice?
Yes consultation at clinic d will be alot more expensive. Ivf cost is the same thou.
First consult with Dr tan appx $160. Subsequently is $107 including gst. All the blood test and stuff will be not subsidise in future cause they upgrade you to private patient once you choose doctor.

Hi ladies, i just failed my first IVF long cycle. Only able to retrieve 3 eggs but 0 was fertilised successfully. So I didn't went for ET. Was wondering how soon can I start the second fresh cycle. Any advises? Will the second cycle be a long cycle or short cycle?

Hi ladies, i just failed my first IVF long cycle. Only able to retrieve 3 eggs but 0 was fertilised successfully. So I didn't went for ET. Was wondering how soon can I start the second fresh cycle. Any advises? Will the second cycle be a long cycle or short cycle?
sorry to hear that.
have you done the post ivf review? at that session, you should discuss this questions with your dr. examine the possible reasons for low follicle count, low fertilisation, long vs short protocol, any ohss, etc.
usually it is recommended to wait at least 2 menses so that your body has gone back to usual cycle.

sorry to hear that.
have you done the post ivf review? at that session, you should discuss this questions with your dr. examine the possible reasons for low follicle count, low fertilisation, long vs short protocol, any ohss, etc.
usually it is recommended to wait at least 2 menses so that your body has gone back to usual cycle.
Thank you MichNg. Probably it's due my egg quality is poor. I have endometriosis and ovarian cysts. My post IVF review is scheduled 1 month later. Is it usually the case? There's no available timeslot within my hospitalisation leave days. So I have to wait. I'm currently under subsided rate. I'm thinking to switch to private class under Dr Tan HH or switch to Thomson under Dr SF Loh. Any advises?

Hi jumbokitty was just curious why yours was a long cycle for first ivf? Btw which hospital are u with? During your scan, how many follicles did u usually have? If few, y didnt the doctor advise you to stop ER? What are the injection and dosage u injected? You are most likely able to start your next fresh after 3 month. Sorry for so many question.

Hi jumbokitty was just curious why yours was a long cycle for first ivf? Btw which hospital are u with? During your scan, how many follicles did u usually have? If few, y didnt the doctor advise you to stop ER? What are the injection and dosage u injected? You are most likely able to start your next fresh after 3 month. Sorry for so many question.

Hi Linglong8191, I'm in KKH. They suggest long cycle because of my medical condition. Basically I need more lucrin injection to suppress endometriosis, so that the success rate is higher. But unfortunately I still failed. Intially they only see 1 big and 2 small follicles but still advise me to go for ER. Doctor told me because my AMH is low, if I stop this cycle, next month the number of follicles would still be more or less the same. I injected 10 unit of lucrin for 28 days. For egg stimulation period, I injected 3 vials of pergoveris every morning. Are you in short cycle? How's it going?

Hi Linglong8191, I'm in KKH. They suggest long cycle because of my medical condition. Basically I need more lucrin injection to suppress endometriosis, so that the success rate is higher. But unfortunately I still failed. Intially they only see 1 big and 2 small follicles but still advise me to go for ER. Doctor told me because my AMH is low, if I stop this cycle, next month the number of follicles would still be more or less the same. I injected 10 unit of lucrin for 28 days. For egg stimulation period, I injected 3 vials of pergoveris every morning. Are you in short cycle? How's it going?

Hi jumbokitty, i am in my d5 of injection till today. I also have low AMH and is in short protocol. I am in 300 unit of gonal f till today with added injection of organltran. Dont be sad. At least you know for your egg quality, u need improvement like start taking supplement to improve egg quality. Jia you.

Back