March 2018 Mummies

Hey Queenie, same same! No appetite & forever not hungry? Dinner only eat 1/2 portion of normal for me. My friend told me to drink more ginger ale to burp out the bloatedness once a day. But I think what works really well for me is the Feng You medicated oil. Whenever I feel too bloated to even sleep, I will put some on my stomach and it feels alot better after all the burping and farting! I am already 19 weeks!

I am still getting my evening nausea sometimes. i still think weather plays a part.

Yes yes! Same same..
& recently, it got so bad tt I can burp non-stop fr lunch onwards in office!!

Anyone has any remedy? It’s so uncomfy to burp non-stop..

Hi everyone
I’m new to this forum
For the past few mths I have been going to a gynae but I’m feeling v umcomfy cos I feel negative with him.
I hv fibroids n I need to look for a good gynae Who does c sect at mount A. Any recommendations?
Looking desperately as it’s already 20 wks

Hi Rena88,

I used to have fibroids and it had been removed. Due to my previous op to remove it, my current gynea strongly recommends that I deliver through C Sect for my own safety. As I'm delivering my first child, I wouldn't know if he is good until after delivery. He delivers at Mt A, amongst other hospitals. I choose him as my gynea because when I miscarried previously, he was the doc at NUH that delivered the bad news but I'm really thankful that he was my assigned doc that day because he was very patient in explaining the situation and showing me the subsequent options that I can take. He has his own practice now. I'll pm you the doc's details for your consideration.

Hi all,

I'm having a March baby too. EDD 8 March and this is my #3. :) Been a silent reader and finally took time to join in the thread.

My first 2 are boys and now I'm having a baby girl.

Anyway, any one of you engage massage lady for post natal? I'm trying to look for one cause I don't know if I should use by my previous massage lady. Though she's good and friendly, I just thought if I should change to another. :)

Anyway would like to be added at the FB and whatsapp group, please.

Thanks!

Morning all!
Just want to share that I've recently attended the antenatal course and found it to be extremely informative and beneficial for ftm. For those of you who are keen, maybe you can schedule these courses nearer to 30+weeks. So that you won't forgot what you have learnt. Best, the instructor who taught us was a previous nursing sister, so she really had the experience and scenarios to share.

Hi all mummy out there just to share. Today I have gone for my gynae checkup, and I told my gynae tat sometime my stomach is quite hard at night n I do feel some tightness and slight pain on either side of my pelvic. My gynae was like quite worry n decided to do a cervix check. Without any signal my gynae just put his finger into my cervix. As a FTM I was very shock as I do not kno tat cervix check is by putting finger inside to check for dilation. N I cry out, actually the pain is bearable. I think it happen too suddenly n tat y I over reacted. The gynae was shock n worry when he see me cry. N he told me I think u can endured the pain even more. The gynae apology to me n say sorry dat I didn’t tell u how is the process of checking for cervix dilation. In my mind I was thinking I will only go through cervix check when I abt to give birth I didn’t expect to have it check as I’m 24wks pregnant rite now. I can feel my gynae really feel bad dat he make me cry. Actually what I referring to stomach hard is like something popping out frm one side of my tummy n when touch it for awhile the popping will just go away. In my mind I was thinking it shd be my baby moving n stop at somewhere tat y my tummy become hard. What I have learn frm today is whatever pain ur body is going through during pregnancy describe clearly to the gynae.

Hi all mummy out there just to share. Today I have gone for my gynae checkup, and I told my gynae tat sometime my stomach is quite hard at night n I do feel some tightness and slight pain on either side of my pelvic. My gynae was like quite worry n decided to do a cervix check. Without any signal my gynae just put his finger into my cervix. As a FTM I was very shock as I do not kno tat cervix check is by putting finger inside to check for dilation. N I cry out, actually the pain is bearable. I think it happen too suddenly n tat y I over reacted. The gynae was shock n worry when he see me cry. N he told me I think u can endured the pain even more. The gynae apology to me n say sorry dat I didn’t tell u how is the process of checking for cervix dilation. In my mind I was thinking I will only go through cervix check when I abt to give birth I didn’t expect to have it check as I’m 24wks pregnant rite now. I can feel my gynae really feel bad dat he make me cry. Actually what I referring to stomach hard is like something popping out frm one side of my tummy n when touch it for awhile the popping will just go away. In my mind I was thinking it shd be my baby moving n stop at somewhere tat y my tummy become hard. What I have learn frm today is whatever pain ur body is going through during pregnancy describe clearly to the gynae.

Sorry that hear about this...hope you’re feeling better. Did the gynae share what is the reason for the pain eventually and if it’s smth to be concerned about?

Hi all mummies,
Did any mummies went through amniocentesis to check Down syndrome and Digeroge syndrome when baby will diagnose with ARSA during detail scan? I'm 21 weeks pregnant. 1st pregnancy. It was a happening week for me and Husband. 2 days of detail scan and need to make fast decision to go for amniocentesis. Did amniocentesis test the next day after the detail scan. Now waiting for result. Any experience mummies can share with me is it common to go through this?

Hi all mummies,
Did any mummies went through amniocentesis to check Down syndrome and Digeroge syndrome when baby will diagnose with ARSA during detail scan? I'm 21 weeks pregnant. 1st pregnancy. It was a happening week for me and Husband. 2 days of detail scan and need to make fast decision to go for amniocentesis. Did amniocentesis test the next day after the detail scan. Now waiting for result. Any experience mummies can share with me is it common to go through this?

Sorry to hear this...there are some mummies here who have seeked a second opinion from Dr. Ananda Kumar before going for any invasive procedure. Apparently he has an US machine which can detect DS to a large extent. Recently someone posted that he may have chosen to wind up or move location of his clinic. Hope this helps. Take care

Sorry to hear this...there are some mummies here who have seeked a second opinion from Dr. Ananda Kumar before going for any invasive procedure. Apparently he has an US machine which can detect DS to a large extent. Recently someone posted that he may have chosen to wind up or move location of his clinic. Hope this helps. Take care

Thank you for responding to my post. I will try to search online for his clinic.

Hi all mummies,

Hi Mummy, sorry I have no exp on amnio but I had fren who went thru amnio before for downs due to very thick neck fluid. just want to offer u some encouragement to be positive. Did the gynae see any other markers of down or digeorge? I know it’s not easy to receive such news after carrying baby for so long. hope the test turns out everything is okay for you.

Hi Mummy, sorry I have no exp on amnio but I had fren who went thru amnio before for downs due to very thick neck fluid. just want to offer u some encouragement to be positive. Did the gynae see any other markers of down or digeorge? I know it’s not easy to receive such news after carrying baby for so long. hope the test turns out everything is okay for you.
Thank you for your encouragement. Because the dr found that baby heart structure is abnormal having ARSA. They afraid baby might has digeorge and Down syndrome that why they advised to do amniocentesis. If the result is alright, Dr said he can live as per normal. The oscar DS test result was 1:4000+. Now due to the abnormal, became 1:200

Thank you for your encouragement. Because the dr found that baby heart structure is abnormal having ARSA. They afraid baby might has digeorge and Down syndrome that why they advised to do amniocentesis. If the result is alright, Dr said he can live as per normal. The oscar DS test result was 1:4000+. Now due to the abnormal, became 1:200

Hi Engracia, I went through Amnio as well but it is due to insufficient fetal fraction detected in my blood which is required for the Harmony test. I had inconclusive test results twice for the Harmony test. As Down Syndrome could be a potential reason for low fetal fraction, my gynae recommended Amnio as the next step rather than repeat the Harmony test. Although not for the same reason, the wait through the whole thing was worrisome as each test mandates a 14-working day processing time.

The Amnio test results came back to be normal and as to why I had two times inconclusive harmony test results remain a mystery.

I hope the results for your baby come back to be alright as well.

mine is bigger then...420g at 20w. hahahaa

Waa! haha. Is his kicks strong?
I felt his kicks was stronger than my #1 girl.

I gonna control liao, i don't want a big baby becoz i got GDM previously.

Hi,I am new here and expecting another pair of twins in March 2018 on top of two 11-year old girls at home.

WAAA!!! 2 pairs of twins!!!! congrats! must be very tiring!

I hope everything will turn out ok for you mummy. *hugs*

ya he moves alot, esp at night. but i reckon im distracted from work in the day so i didnt notice his movement.
i want to control too but i keep feeling hungry every 2hrs, so non-stop snacking. limit to one iced lemon tea per day already.
u see the snacks he made me eat. ahahaa

upload_2017-11-21_11-19-54.png

praying for u, dear. think positive

Hi all mummies,

Hi Engracia. I didnt go through aminocentesis but I went through the cvs test as the oscar test showed that my baby has a 1:5 risk of down syndrome. I was devastated but the cvs results showed that everything is fine and my baby is normal. I kniw its worrying but have faith in your baby. Stay positive and hope everything will turn out well for u.

congrats to u!!! nice to have twin genes in the family : ) 2 sisters are old enough to take care of one each. well-planned...ahahaha

Thanks,it wasn't easy but I will eventually get through it.

I was just worried that my older girls especially the 2nd one will be jealous of the 2 younger girls.She is quite a Daddy's girl haha.

WAAA!!! 2 pairs of twins!!!! congrats! must be very tiring!

Yes,it is quite tiring even as I have to homeschool the 2 older girls to get them prepared for P5 next year along with carrying a heavy load.

Hi guys have you guys started looking and buying baby stuff like strollers, pumps, bottles etc.

Am looking for stroller. But there are so many in the market. Not sure which to buy... Any recommendations?

Saw spectra pump on Amazon going for 250 sgd. Which is cheaper than singapore by $100!!

Hi guys have you guys started looking and buying baby stuff like strollers, pumps, bottles etc.

Am looking for stroller. But there are so many in the market. Not sure which to buy... Any recommendations?

Saw spectra pump on Amazon going for 250 sgd. Which is cheaper than singapore by $100!!

I am going to the baby fair at suntec this wkend. This is my #2 so not much big tickets items to buy.

I brought my Medela pump from Amazon too and it was way cheaper but tt time exchange rate was good.

For stroller, you have to see what style u like. Some prefer heavy duties, some prefer light weight. 1 hand close/ umbrella close? I personally dun like Maclaren stroller becoz of the way it closes, u have to bend down to close the stroller.
Baby fair is a good place for you to try the strollers.

I am going to the baby fair at suntec this wkend. This is my #2 so not much big tickets items to buy.

I brought my Medela pump from Amazon too and it was way cheaper but tt time exchange rate was good.

For stroller, you have to see what style u like. Some prefer heavy duties, some prefer light weight. 1 hand close/ umbrella close? I personally dun like Maclaren stroller becoz of the way it closes, u have to bend down to close the stroller.
I am going to the baby fair too! It's my first time to a baby fair not sure is it alot of people squeezy that kind. But I went through the catalogue and there's alot of good deals!! Cheaper than Amazon for the bottles, stroller etc.

Hi, I'm new here.
This is my 2nd pregnancy due on 13 March, however first boy is already 15 years old.
Starting all over and feeling noob.

What did you mummies get at the baby land suntec fair?

This is my #2 so I didn’t get any big items. I did see very new and nice Aprica and Combi strollers. I collected my pre order of the Haenim UV sterilizer and a lot of bamboo stuff from Bebe bamboo and Moo Moo Kow. So bummed to know Cordlife also giving away free Haenim sterilizer since I was gonna sign up anyway. If I knew I wouldn’t have bought it already. But i must say it’s a very good buy after using steam sterilizer for more than 2 years (yes I sterilize even tho my girl is 2+ now. Dun judge me lol) No more water mess or drips. Just everything goes inside the UV sterilizer and remains in there dry and nice till I use the bottles.

Bove at suntec also had 20% off storewide over the weekend and the old range of bamboo baby stuff items were going at 50%-70% off. So cheap!

Last edited:

Hi, I am thinking of buying medela from Amazon as well as it is much more expensive here in Singapore and they have other "freebies" in the package which I do not need...

Can I check if you had to use a power adapter or etc when charging medela? I assume the set you got is from US where the power plug and the voltage is different?

Do Amazon ship the pump to Singapore or you have to use a forwarder service provider?

Hi, I'm new here.
This is my 2nd pregnancy due on 13 March, however first boy is already 15 years old.
Starting all over and feeling noob.

Can get ur son to help. my gap with my bro was 10years old too. haha
My sis n me were my mum part time helper. haha

What did you mummies get at the baby land suntec fair?

This is my #2 so I didn’t get any big items. I did see very new and nice Aprica and Combi strollers. I collected my pre order of the Haenim UV sterilizer and a lot of bamboo stuff from Bebe bamboo and Moo Moo Kow. So bummed to know Cordlife also giving away free Haenim sterilizer since I was gonna sign up anyway. If I knew I wouldn’t have bought it already. But i must say it’s a very good buy after using steam sterilizer for more than 2 years (yes I sterilize even tho my girl is 2+ now. Dun judge me lol) No more water mess or drips. Just everything goes inside the UV sterilizer and remains in there dry and nice till I use the bottles.

Bove at suntec also had 20% off storewide over the weekend and the old range of bamboo baby stuff items were going at 50%-70% off. So cheap!

Me 2, this is my #2. i don't have much to buy expect a few NB clothings coz my #1 is girl. I also went to collect my UV steriliser. Not signing up for cord life, i think i will done to Cord blood bank.
I admire ur determination to continue using after 2yo.. i give up after 1.5yo hahaa

Hi, I am thinking of buying medela from Amazon as well as it is much more expensive here in Singapore and they have other "freebies" in the package which I do not need...

Can I check if you had to use a power adapter or etc when charging medela? I assume the set you got is from US where the power plug and the voltage is different?

Do Amazon ship the pump to Singapore or you have to use a forwarder service provider?

I brought it close to 4 years ago and i brought pump in style advance which the pump is a stand alone and not attached to a tote or back pack. This is a discontinued model in Singapore. The shop tt i brought from at that time doesn't offer free direct shipment to SG, i had to use a forwarder (Vpost). my ex colleague advise that this is a stronger suction model compare to the current ones and yap it is very strong... i pump strawberry milk.....

Yes, you would need a adapter due to voltage difference, i brought it from Sim Lim. I can't remember that shop but i remember googling the information somewhere. Its a risk if it doesn't work....

For Medela US pumps just get a cheap adaptor in Singapore. Agape store also sell the US version for the medela pumps which is 110v.

The spectra pump I got costs about sgd 220. Singapore selling for sgd 398!! And for spectra pumps it works with 100-220v hence can use anywhere in the world.

You can directly ship from Amazon. After searching the product you want, select ship to singapore and sold by Amazon. Purchase over USD 125 shipping is free!!

I save alot of money getting baby stuff from online babyganics, earth mama, agent etc. But stroller and big items need to go bb fairs.

For Medela US pumps just get a cheap adaptor in Singapore. Agape store also sell the US version for the medela pumps which is 110v.

The spectra pump I got costs about sgd 220. Singapore selling for sgd 398!! And for spectra pumps it works with 100-220v hence can use anywhere in the world.

You can directly ship from Amazon. After searching the product you want, select ship to singapore and sold by Amazon. Purchase over USD 125 shipping is free!!

I save alot of money getting baby stuff from online babyganics, earth mama, agent etc. But stroller and big items need to go bb fairs.

I heard good things about Spectra too!
My Medela is still working so i decide not to invest in a new one unless i have a lot of breast milk.
I wasn't very prepared for breastfeeding for my #1 only managed to mix feed for 1 month plus. My worst nightmare...

Have anyone bought baby cot from TB or Ezbuy before? Any feedback?
I'm having intention of buying from EZ since can save quite a bit.

Hi, I wanted to share a good reviews to others mom to be here of my greatest CL, Aunty Nee who is from Malaysia with 2 years professional experienced from confinement center and 8 years experienced as a freelance CL. You don't have to worry about if you engaged her. Trust me, you won't regret and I guarantee you will be thankful for engaging such a great CL. Some CL are relatively cheap but I go for quality rather than cost.

She takes good care of me, especially for my baby. She has a very great experience of taking care of babies. As I can see from the way she handles the needs of my baby. She shows genuine care for my baby, very patience and gently handling my daughter and really shows love. My daughter stays with her every night and she ensures safety of baby all the time. She's also hygiene-conscious, kept tidy always. She make everything run smoothly during my confinement. As a new mom, I don't need to worried about and I can fully trust on her.

By the way, her cooking was pretty good.

I've learnt a lot from her of how to take care of a baby and of course of her professional, I did extended her for a month.

If any Mommy wants to get more information of my CL, here's her WhatsApp or call to +601136539563.

Hi, I wanted to share a good reviews to others mom to be here of my greatest CL, Aunty Nee who is from Malaysia with 2 years professional experienced from confinement center and 8 years experienced as a freelance CL. You don't have to worry about if you engaged her. Trust me, you won't regret and I guarantee you will be thankful for engaging such a great CL. Some CL are relatively cheap but I go for quality rather than cost.

She takes good care of me, especially for my baby. She has a very great experience of taking care of babies. As I can see from the way she handles the needs of my baby. She shows genuine care for my baby, very patience and gently handling my daughter and really shows love. My daughter stays with her every night and she ensures safety of baby all the time. She's also hygiene-conscious, kept tidy always. She make everything run smoothly during my confinement. As a new mom, I don't need to worried about and I can fully trust on her.

By the way, her cooking was pretty good.

I've learnt a lot from her of how to take care of a baby and of course of her professional, I did extended her for a month.

If any Mommy wants to get more information of my CL, here's her WhatsApp or call to +601136539563.

I heard good things about Spectra too!
My Medela is still working so i decide not to invest in a new one unless i have a lot of breast milk.
I wasn't very prepared for breastfeeding for my #1 only managed to mix feed for 1 month plus. My worst nightmare...

Unfortunately Spectra didn't really work for me and hence I am looking at trying out Medela. I know what you mean.. I wasn't prepared for BF also for my #1 and it was an absolutely painful experience. Those advices on "just latch!" / "just pump!" makes BF sound so easy...

Unfortunately Spectra didn't really work for me and hence I am looking at trying out Medela. I know what you mean.. I wasn't prepared for BF also for my #1 and it was an absolutely painful experience. Those advices on "just latch!" / "just pump!" makes BF sound so easy...

Ya... i envy those pp have a lot of supplies (my sis! she can pump 1L-1.5L everyday, avg 300ml per pump session). . I nvr had engorgement, #1 couldn't latch becoz i got short nipple and she is so impatient to latch properly, ended up pumping and pump strawberry milk once and always have to consolidate like 2-3 pumps for 1 feed. haha Its torturing! It just rip off all the joy of being a mum during confinement. Pump 30mins only 40-60ml nia for both breast... damn sad... 1 breast 15-30ml...

I am better prepared this time, i will try latching as much as i can. Brought a nipple shield to standby and have been applying nipple cream as my nipple is super sore and dry now. Hopefully by then i be more seasoned haha

Maybe TB directly can but i wouldn't suggest buying thru EZbuy as EZbuy is block by TB now. EZbuy is offering other china websites now.

I think you have to read properly the reviews and compare a lot. Also check how the item is packed. Most are flat packed like IKEA and we have to assemble everything ourselves. I brought a shoe cabinet before and the seller didn't packed it well enough so we got some dent on it but we wouldn't picky as its super duper cheap. I brought a wooden single size mattress bedframe minus the headboard before and it literally in individual pieces which we have to piece it up one by one.

Cheap but don't expect 100% perfect. Gotta lower down your exception.

The only worry is.. you gotta read review to see if they mention about smell. Some furniture especially wood are chemically treated so they do have smells. If most buyers comment the smell is pretty strong then u might wanna stay out of it.

Maybe TB directly can but i wouldn't suggest buying thru EZbuy as EZbuy is block by TB now. EZbuy is offering other china websites now.

I think you have to read properly the reviews and compare a lot. Also check how the item is packed. Most are flat packed like IKEA and we have to assemble everything ourselves. I brought a shoe cabinet before and the seller didn't packed it well enough so we got some dent on it but we wouldn't picky as its super duper cheap. I brought a wooden single size mattress bedframe minus the headboard before and it literally in individual pieces which we have to piece it up one by one.

Cheap but don't expect 100% perfect. Gotta lower down your exception.

The only worry is.. you gotta read review to see if they mention about smell. Some furniture especially wood are chemically treated so they do have smells. If most buyers comment the smell is pretty strong then u might wanna stay out of it.

I've bought valdera playpen all accessories for $200 from ezbuy but still waiting for it. I saw babygogo selling the same thing $299 for the playpen only, other accessories need additional charges.

Currently week 30 having slight water retention on the left leg. Yesterday just have my first pre-natal massage not really comfortable compare to normal massage. Massage lady have teach me to do exercise to prepare myself for labour. The lady did massage my breast n feel so painful. As a FTM the lady did mention tat my breast milk sure will struck. Wondering any mummy is going through all this currently?

Back