TTC after 3 or > failed Ivf attempts (fresh/FET)

To give up or not depends on you financially n mentally. Technically speaking after 3 tries n still not a single pregnancy success has already dropped. There are many who keep trying doing 8 times before they succeed. It's how long U can persevere.

Sometimes dr is not giving up on U. He or she is giving U an alternative, another open door if u can look at it in differently. When my dr suggest donor to me I was very upset however now I am grateful I have a choice and not a dead road. Your dr also don't want U to keep doing endlessly especially if financial is a concern.

I m turning 39. Main thing my doctor say is little eggs and old eggs so success wont b high and so he thinks maybe i should just be contented with 1 kid. He hinted me when he say my AMH shows.

But my AMH as i just discovered today has perplexingly increased??? It was 1.4 a year ago and now its 2.5? If it can improve i see alittle hope to keep trying though i also understand while quantity may still be there i cannot resolve quality due to old eggs.

AMH is not so accurate as well. Day 2 scan dr can see your AFC and roughly know how many eggs U have. Egg quality is more impt than quantity. Yes age is a main factor when doing ivf. If u don't want to give up then keep trying. Some ppl just need more try to succeed and some never did.

I wonder if this thread is still active...

I'm writing this with loads of sadness and heartaches....

I'm only 34, but faced with low Amh, severe endometrosis and male factor problem.... Did 3 fresh cycles and none succeeded... Never had more than 2 embryos per cycle...

I manage to BFP in my 2nd cycle but sadly God decided it was not meant to be.... It was so painful.... So when I was in my 3rd cycle, the emotional stress levels were high....
I cried buckets when my cycle failed....

Feeling lost, and no one to talk to.... DH also dunno how to comfort me... I jus cry n cry uncontrollably...

Having to fail 3 times made me lost faith in everything.... Cos it's because of my condition, things have to be this way....

Big hugs, gal.

Those who come into this particular thread have our agony and sad stories to share. It's painful reading everyone's input here.

I'm also struggling still but I refuse to let episodes of failures put me down. We all have many questions within us and also cried buckets. I am 43 and just seen a new sinseh and she also commented hubby's soldiers are very weak. It is always good for our body and mind when we keep positivity going but at the same time, I also have to do reality checks. With the hurdles, I feel we have to be prepared too that we may be childless after all.

We know Ivf is a number game....would you consider a 4th attempt? What did your doc say?

Of course, there are other extreme alternative solutions like donor eggs or adoption, if you both are very serious to having a child no matter what. For me, it is ok in the end if we are not blessed naturally. We won't go this route. We will find peace in whatever journey that comes.

Big hugs, gal.

Those who come into this particular thread have our agony and sad stories to share. It's painful reading everyone's input here.

I'm also struggling still but I refuse to let episodes of failures put me down. We all have many questions within us and also cried buckets. I am 43 and just seen a new sinseh and she also commented hubby's soldiers are very weak. It is always good for our body and mind when we keep positivity going but at the same time, I also have to do reality checks. With the hurdles, I feel we have to be prepared too that we may be childless after all.

We know Ivf is a number game....would you consider a 4th attempt? What did your doc say?

Of course, there are other extreme alternative solutions like donor eggs or adoption, if you both are very serious to having a child no matter what. For me, it is ok in the end if we are not blessed naturally. We won't go this route. We will find peace in whatever journey that comes.
Babe, which sinseh are u seeing now?

I wonder if this thread is still active...

I'm writing this with loads of sadness and heartaches....

I'm only 34, but faced with low Amh, severe endometrosis and male factor problem.... Did 3 fresh cycles and none succeeded... Never had more than 2 embryos per cycle...

I manage to BFP in my 2nd cycle but sadly God decided it was not meant to be.... It was so painful.... So when I was in my 3rd cycle, the emotional stress levels were high....
I cried buckets when my cycle failed....

Feeling lost, and no one to talk to.... DH also dunno how to comfort me... I jus cry n cry uncontrollably...

Having to fail 3 times made me lost faith in everything.... Cos it's because of my condition, things have to be this way....

Tsf some ppl need to do more cycles before succeed n some never did. In ivf egg quality is more impt than anything else. Have u tried dhea or other supplements? How about Acu and Tcm. It is normal to lose confidence cos we tried so hard n yet keep failing. On the positive side U have pregnancy before it shows that U can get preg so move forward and hope next one will be the one. Take care.

Tsf some ppl need to do more cycles before succeed n some never did. In ivf egg quality is more impt than anything else. Have u tried dhea or other supplements? How about Acu and Tcm. It is normal to lose confidence cos we tried so hard n yet keep failing. On the positive side U have pregnancy before it shows that U can get preg so move forward and hope next one will be the one. Take care.
Hi, I can't take DHEA or any other fertility supplements that is supposed to help in egg quality because of my endo :( I tried TCM and acu for 2 cycles... But I feel that tcm ain't helping.... My DH and I will do a 4th cycle... It makes me wonder how many cycles do I still have to go through to succeed....

Hi, I can't take DHEA or any other fertility supplements that is supposed to help in egg quality because of my endo :( I tried TCM and acu for 2 cycles... But I feel that tcm ain't helping.... My DH and I will do a 4th cycle... It makes me wonder how many cycles do I still have to go through to succeed....
Did dr tell U cannot take cos of endo? Tcm is only helping our body but not eggs. Have u thought of doing natural ivf. The cost is lower n no need subject to injections. It is something to think about for low reserve but be prepared to only yeild one or two eggs.

Did dr tell U cannot take cos of endo? Tcm is only helping our body but not eggs. Have u thought of doing natural ivf. The cost is lower n no need subject to injections. It is something to think about for low reserve but be prepared to only yeild one or two eggs.
Yes, dr Loh told me..... With max stim, I only get 2 embryos.... I doubt with natural Ivf , I can get any.... Will discuss with doctor on my options.....

Tsf, I always believe if you don't give up, there is always a chance of something happening.

In the last 2 years, I've gone through 6 fresh cycles and 1 fet, of which resulted in 1 chem preg. And like you, i'm 34 and always only having 2-3 embryos. I've tried many things like accu, dhea, tcm (which i'm still on) but just can't seem to get anywhere.

I can only tell myself to keep trying hard, be it naturally or cont doing new cycles. With each new cycle that I do, I tell myself not to hope to much. It took me a month to get over the first fresh cycle cos that resulted in a chem preg and by the time i reach the 6th cycle, it took me a day to get over. I grew stronger mentally after many cycles, always hoping for the best but at the same time, expecting the worst to happen. My hubby gets affected with each failure but we have no choice but to push on. If we don't, then we have to be contented with having each other but that's really not what we want.

I can only encourage u to keep trying and hopefully one day, your wish may come true.

On a side note, i'm also seeing Dr Loh. I have done 2 fresh cycles with him but have yet to succeed. The good thing about Dr Loh is he doesn't give up easily. Other doctors have asked me to consider donor eggs but I didn't want. In my last visit with Dr Loh, he too did asked me to consider donor eggs but he retracted that saying that i'm too young (though not exactly young) to consider that option at the moment. So yeah, going to start on my 7th fresh in 2 months time.

All the best to all of us here..

In Singapore its not common to come across people who try more than 3 cycles. More commonly i see people try 1 time or fet 1 time and successfully already. Makes me feel why am i so hopeless that even ivf cant help me. Dashes all my hopes and guts.

But i am still trying until i reach 40 otherwise i think in my old age i might regret not pushing thru a few more years. And honestly its gets tougher this time because i feel as if i am dumping money into the sea and i am actually quite stretched financially by now. Yet i really dont wish to have regrets.

I feel exactly the same way too. The more I try, the more I feel i'm throwing money away but I don't want to have regrets next time. So will keep trying till 40 like u. If it still doesn't happen, at least I can tell myself that I have done my best and it's just not meant to be. Cos honestly, there's nothing more I think I can do.

Persevere is all I can say.. :) and hopefully one day, it happens. Good to have this place to share our thoughts!

Ladies,

I myself have walked this ardous journey & i fully understand how draining it can be, physically financially & emotionally. I have lost count of the number of attempts & perserverance finally paid off. Like many of us, i had tried accupunture & it was my last stop with current sinseh that improved my health. Thanks to a sister who recommended her way back in the same ivf thread.

Please do not get discouraged in this journey. I once had lost hope too.

Hi ladies,

We are all in the same boat. Me too failed 3 fresh with nothing to freeze every round. I have abt 2-3 eggs every cycle. The worst was my last fresh which did not even proceed to ET. There goes all the govt grant!

So actually I am kinda disappointed when things have to end up this way when I had tried my best in trying to make it happen..tcm, supplements, healthy diet & refrain frm cold drinks.

Part of me wanna give up but another part of me is still desiring to have a complete family like other married couples. This journey is so stressful with many hurdles along the way. Too many tears shed alrdy. Really envy those who get preggy without even trying!

I am planning to go for my next fresh but kinda worried abt the outcome since I will be spending out of my pocket 100% this time & results not guaranteed. Mayb I will give it my final try & see how it goes frm there..

Tsf, I always believe if you don't give up, there is always a chance of something happening.

In the last 2 years, I've gone through 6 fresh cycles and 1 fet, of which resulted in 1 chem preg. And like you, i'm 34 and always only having 2-3 embryos. I've tried many things like accu, dhea, tcm (which i'm still on) but just can't seem to get anywhere.

I can only tell myself to keep trying hard, be it naturally or cont doing new cycles. With each new cycle that I do, I tell myself not to hope to much. It took me a month to get over the first fresh cycle cos that resulted in a chem preg and by the time i reach the 6th cycle, it took me a day to get over. I grew stronger mentally after many cycles, always hoping for the best but at the same time, expecting the worst to happen. My hubby gets affected with each failure but we have no choice but to push on. If we don't, then we have to be contented with having each other but that's really not what we want.

I can only encourage u to keep trying and hopefully one day, your wish may come true.

On a side note, i'm also seeing Dr Loh. I have done 2 fresh cycles with him but have yet to succeed. The good thing about Dr Loh is he doesn't give up easily. Other doctors have asked me to consider donor eggs but I didn't want. In my last visit with Dr Loh, he too did asked me to consider donor eggs but he retracted that saying that i'm too young (though not exactly young) to consider that option at the moment. So yeah, going to start on my 7th fresh in 2 months time.

All the best to all of us here..
Are u low Amh too? How come only 2-3 embryos?

Yeah low Amh, I will have like 7-14 eggs, half matured. And out if this half, only half will grow well. So always end up with 2-3 embryos.

Hi all I have undergone 3 fresh and w 2 fet. I have severe endometrisis and recurrent implantation failure. My cycles were with nuh and kkh. Today was my bt @ kkh and it was a negative. Again. I turn 36 this year and started on my ivf journey since I was 32.

I feel incomplete sometimes especially when friends around me are having their 2nd or third child by now and know I have to persevere if I want a kid of my own. So my ivf journey will not end until I exhaust all means to pursue our dreams to have children of our own. This journey may well never end until I reach 40, it is emotional and depressing but I have to walk the path, then step out of it.

Ladies be strong! God will not put you through the challenge if he did not think you are up for it!

Hi , there is a newborn babyboy For adoption. If you or you know someone who would like to adopt please leave a message.

Hi dear, im so sorry. I feel you. i'm a mommy myself and i have been through the worst period of my life. Multiple IVF Failures. And all it seemed doomed to fail for my dream family. And now im fortunate to have 2 sons and 1 daughter. My reason for this post is to share with the to-be mummies who have gone through IVF Failure and is seeking alternatives to their problem. Im just doing this out of good will as i want to pass on the help to the mummies who are going through what i have gone through.

God bless. Stay strong and belief! http://mybabydream.net/
Hi hopeisthere may i check how does the "babydream" works? I have also been through multiple ivfs failures and is quite loss what can i do next

Hi Gals,

I know there is an active thread for Ivf/icsi support group.
I'm starting a new thread and see if any of you would like to come forward to share your thoughts, feelings, fears and hopes after numerous failures.
I am a classic example of multiple failures ivf if you have seen my post.

Here's the space for you to rant.

Some times I am amaze why do IVF fails, is it fault of lack in couple or in the doctor. If doctor examine each and everything, they do all the test and separate healthy sperm to fertilize egg, exact time and bla bla...... than why its happen.
Couple spent a lots of money and what get in hand at last. So I suggest do a proper research before choosing IVF Clinic for your treatment. The doctor and the clinic is important choice.

Some times I am amaze why do IVF fails, is it fault of lack in couple or in the doctor. If doctor examine each and everything, they do all the test and separate healthy sperm to fertilize egg, exact time and bla bla...... than why its happen.
Couple spent a lots of money and what get in hand at last. So I suggest do a proper research before choosing IVF Clinic for your treatment. The doctor and the clinic is important choice.

Why are u amaze....ivf has always been a number game. Everything may look perfect, good embryos perfect lining but the last stage implantation science cannot control. A good looking embryo can be chromosome abnormal n this cannot be seen through naked eyes. Only by doing pgd then u will know if embryo is chromosome normal. Trust n chemistry in your dr is important. No harm changing another dr u feel more confident with. At the end of the day it's not just the dr protocol skill but your own egg quality, body condition n luck plays a big part.

Hi ladies, I'm new here and I'm happy to find this thread..hope everyone's doing well.

My hubby has poor swimmers so we went for ivf. I've done 3 cycles this year: 1st ivf I got 26 eggs out but only 2 made it to day 5 for freezing, did FET and ended up a chemical pregnancy; changed clinic as I was not 100% trusting the lab. With the second doctor I had 18 eggs, still only 4 made to day 5 for freezing, but very good quality. I actually wished to do a fresh cycle just for a change and to save some time but doctor said I might have OHSS so didn't allow fresh transfer..did 2 cycles of FET afterwards and first one failed, didn't even implant at all, second one I'm still on my 2WW but I felt nothing and home pregnancy tests for 4 times all negative. Blood test will be done this thu.

I was so devastated for the result that I had to leave Singapore for a while. I had good quality embies average quality embies all didn't work. Doctor said my lining was textbook beautiful and I had *touch wood* no other problems so far. I did TCM for 2 cycles and skip for the 3rd, I took supplements , organic vegetables , I don't even remember how cold drinks feel like....seriously I dunno what more I can do. I've done immunity tests and all came back normal. I also curious what my doctor gonna say to me on Thu.

well..my emotions are up and down every second, sometimes I feel hope, and sometimes hopeless. Maybe I'll go PGS in KL next but that doesn't mean anything will improve anyways, just to save time to find out if your embies are normal or not.

Does anyone here diagnosed with implantation failure and what does your doctor suggest you to do?

Hi ladies, I'm new here and I'm happy to find this thread..hope everyone's doing well.

My hubby has poor swimmers so we went for ivf. I've done 3 cycles this year: 1st ivf I got 26 eggs out but only 2 made it to day 5 for freezing, did FET and ended up a chemical pregnancy; changed clinic as I was not 100% trusting the lab. With the second doctor I had 18 eggs, still only 4 made to day 5 for freezing, but very good quality. I actually wished to do a fresh cycle just for a change and to save some time but doctor said I might have OHSS so didn't allow fresh transfer..did 2 cycles of FET afterwards and first one failed, didn't even implant at all, second one I'm still on my 2WW but I felt nothing and home pregnancy tests for 4 times all negative. Blood test will be done this thu.

I was so devastated for the result that I had to leave Singapore for a while. I had good quality embies average quality embies all didn't work. Doctor said my lining was textbook beautiful and I had *touch wood* no other problems so far. I did TCM for 2 cycles and skip for the 3rd, I took supplements , organic vegetables , I don't even remember how cold drinks feel like....seriously I dunno what more I can do. I've done immunity tests and all came back normal. I also curious what my doctor gonna say to me on Thu.

well..my emotions are up and down every second, sometimes I feel hope, and sometimes hopeless. Maybe I'll go PGS in KL next but that doesn't mean anything will improve anyways, just to save time to find out if your embies are normal or not.

Does anyone here diagnosed with implantation failure and what does your doctor suggest you to do?

Due to my age and past unsuccessful implantations even though with good looking embryos, my ivf doc suggested me to go for donor eggs overseas. She gave up on me.

Docs may not always have the “right” answer. After giving up on ivf, or should I say, ttc, I conceived naturally, despite being 44 yrs old then.

That’s just these much that we can do.. and docs go through protocol. Sometimes we need the one up there to make it the time for us.

All the very best to you.

Thanks for your kind words and it's encouraging to hear ur story. I really wish one day we can all experience a joyful miracle.

Hi Baby Soul,

Absolutely understand what you have been going through. Stay tough, ya! I suffered a similar situation as yours whereby I had 2 failed IVF attempts. The 2nd attempt that I had was using donor eggs which the doctor advise me to have those 8 nos Day3 embies to grow till Day 5. Imagine, on Day 5, all 7 arrested and only 1 left..at the end, the answer is BFN. Bear in mind that I am using young donor egg (age less than 25 yo), the result can be still so devastating.

Recalling what I have gone through, I am now proceeding into my next cycle of IVF with all fertilised Day3 embies frozen and transfer on Day 3 instead of Day 5? My 2nd failed IVF somehow has hinted to me that it takes embies "quite a lot of energy" to survive from Day 3 to Day 5 in lab (due to the high drop off rate) or alternatively, the blastocyst culture is the culprit that resulted in such high drop off rate.

Should 8 of my Day3 embies still around in my 2nd IVF, I would have 3 different chance of transfers where my odds of conceiving will be higher rather than being stuck with 1 pathetic Day5 blast. In addition, the earlier the transfer of embies into the uterus (Day3), the safer it is for those embies (as no where on earth is a better place than the uterus for embies). No scientific papers can assured Day3 low grading embies cannot be fertilised and grow in the uterus where in actual fact, there are many cases where low grading Day3 embies manage to survive and given birth.

Hope that above helps and certainly, all the best for you!!.

Hugs babe! I can totally relate your emotions. Unfortunately, IVF is really about trial and error; perseverance and loads of luck. If you have no religion restrictions, no harm praying to ZSNN at Havelock Road.

Well, I would say that mine is recurring implantation failure coz I had the perfect lining and embroys but nothing works out. Long story short, I went to see Dr Sheila Vasoo and my implantation failure might be due to thyroid autoimmunity. I was put on Prednisolone (i.e. steroids); aspirin & Vit D and finally succeeded. Understand that you had done all immunity tests and came back normal. What about sticky blood etc? Also, I feel that TCM is not an overnight thing. It takes a while to condition the body so you might need to give it a longer period of time and tiao your body. I did almost 2 years of acupuncture (rain or shine). There were times I get so emotional while being poke...not because of the physical pain but the emotional aspect. Ultimately, being able to BFP is one thing. Your body must be conditioned well enough hold and deliver the baby. It took me about 5 years of ttc with 7 failed IUI/SO-IUIs; 2 fresh cycles; 1 natural FET before having the babies in my arms with medicated FET and my 1st trimester was a bumpy one. So hang on there! Have faith and Jia You!

Hi Baby Soul,

Absolutely understand what you have been going through. Stay tough, ya! I suffered a similar situation as yours whereby I had 2 failed IVF attempts. The 2nd attempt that I had was using donor eggs which the doctor advise me to have those 8 nos Day3 embies to grow till Day 5. Imagine, on Day 5, all 7 arrested and only 1 left..at the end, the answer is BFN. Bear in mind that I am using young donor egg (age less than 25 yo), the result can be still so devastating.

Recalling what I have gone through, I am now proceeding into my next cycle of IVF with all fertilised Day3 embies frozen and transfer on Day 3 instead of Day 5? My 2nd failed IVF somehow has hinted to me that it takes embies "quite a lot of energy" to survive from Day 3 to Day 5 in lab (due to the high drop off rate) or alternatively, the blastocyst culture is the culprit that resulted in such high drop off rate.

Should 8 of my Day3 embies still around in my 2nd IVF, I would have 3 different chance of transfers where my odds of conceiving will be higher rather than being stuck with 1 pathetic Day5 blast. In addition, the earlier the transfer of embies into the uterus (Day3), the safer it is for those embies (as no where on earth is a better place than the uterus for embies). No scientific papers can assured Day3 low grading embies cannot be fertilised and grow in the uterus where in actual fact, there are many cases where low grading Day3 embies manage to survive and given birth.

Hope that above helps and certainly, all the best for you!!.

Hi Hadid,

Thanks for your reply, I could totally relay your feeling seeing the numbers dropping from fertilised embies to blasts...i couldn't believe it the first time when I was so 'green' in this IVF field, I thought I got 26 eggs out so there should be enough babies for even my next 10 lives! Well..now I know what's reality..

May I ask, if you've aldy used young donor eggs and still not enough to grow to blasts, is that a sperm issue? I can't be 100% certain but if I'm not wrong I remember my embryologist told me sth like post day 3 embies the growth depends more on the sperm than the egg..

It's true for the myth for day 3 embies or even day 4 ones whether their survival rate might be higher inside the uterus than the lab. Since all 3 of my failed IVF were day 5 FET (5 in total!) and none worked, I was keen to do a day 3 or day 4 transfer..I've seen a few IVF specialists but they all seems to advise that those embies which could grow to day 5 and survive freezing and thawing MUST be better than the day 3 uncertain ones...I duno...

So when are you doing your day 3 transfer? Is it a day 3 FET or still gona culture to day 5 first? Whichever it is, best of luck to you!!

Hugs babe! I can totally relate your emotions. Unfortunately, IVF is really about trial and error; perseverance and loads of luck. If you have no religion restrictions, no harm praying to ZSNN at Havelock Road.

Well, I would say that mine is recurring implantation failure coz I had the perfect lining and embroys but nothing works out. Long story short, I went to see Dr Sheila Vasoo and my implantation failure might be due to thyroid autoimmunity. I was put on Prednisolone (i.e. steroids); aspirin & Vit D and finally succeeded. Understand that you had done all immunity tests and came back normal. What about sticky blood etc? Also, I feel that TCM is not an overnight thing. It takes a while to condition the body so you might need to give it a longer period of time and tiao your body. I did almost 2 years of acupuncture (rain or shine). There were times I get so emotional while being poke...not because of the physical pain but the emotional aspect. Ultimately, being able to BFP is one thing. Your body must be conditioned well enough hold and deliver the baby. It took me about 5 years of ttc with 7 failed IUI/SO-IUIs; 2 fresh cycles; 1 natural FET before having the babies in my arms with medicated FET and my 1st trimester was a bumpy one. So hang on there! Have faith and Jia You!

Hi Milogal88,

Thanks for your encouragement, it does take so much to be able to hang on in the journey..I'm a Christian, and I been praying ever since I started ttc until the failure of my very last cycle, I just couldn't continue... I don't even know what to say in the prayers anymore..

I'd seen Dr Shiela and the results for my blood tests were back today. She says I have positive ANA and low protein S. Basically I aldy been taking aisprin for my last 2 failed cycles, so there's no new thing on this aspect I could do in he future cycles. She also suggested prednisolone for me to tackle the positive ANA? There's so much info and knowledge involved I think I was a bit lost during the consultation..and she said I could look into anti inflammatory diet..are you on this as well? But I don't have any thyroid issue and so I don't know if her protocol is actually for everyone..? I also got vit D supplements from her.

Dr Shiela also suggested me to do endo scratch...I'm just a bit scared of it i duno if I could do it...

Hi Milogal88,

Thanks for your encouragement, it does take so much to be able to hang on in the journey..I'm a Christian, and I been praying ever since I started ttc until the failure of my very last cycle, I just couldn't continue... I don't even know what to say in the prayers anymore..

I'd seen Dr Shiela and the results for my blood tests were back today. She says I have positive ANA and low protein S. Basically I aldy been taking aisprin for my last 2 failed cycles, so there's no new thing on this I could do in he future cycles. She also suggested prednisolone for me to tackle the positive ANA? There's so much info and knowledge involved I think I was a bit lost during the consultation..and she said I could look into anti inflammatory diet..are you on this as well? But I don't have any thyroid issue and so I don't know if her protocol is actually for everyone..? I also got vit D supplements from her.

Dr Shiela also suggested me to do endo scratch...I'm just a bit scared of it i duno if I could do it...

JTS. My friend is a christian too. She has gone through numerous failed cycles, seen TCM & Dr Sheila but either ended with CP or MC. She gave herself a break and guess what? she actually conceived naturally at almost 40yo! Her baby was safely delivered few months back. So continue to keep your faith ok.

I wasn't on anti-inflammatory diet. But I was advised to stop taking immunocal. So you might wish to be a little mindful of the supplements that you are taking.

Since you have not tried Prednisolone and endo scratch, why don't you give it a try? Infact I did both and it finally gave me a BFP. From my understanding, some docs (mostly overseas) do prescribe Pred to bring down the immunity level so that the body won't attack the foreign cells in our body, in this case, our embryos. You can goggle about it. As for endo scratch, it's supposed to help with implantation. It's a little discomfort like pap smear but a very quick procedure. It's really all in the mind. Focus on your ultimate goal instead of thinking you cannot do it; when you have yet to exhaust your options actually. For now, leave the failed cycles behind, clear your mind and focus on what needs to be done. Good luck!

Hi Milogal88,

I'd seen Dr Shiela and the results for my blood tests were back today. She says I have positive ANA and low protein S. Basically I aldy been taking aisprin for my last 2 failed cycles, so there's no new thing on this aspect I could do in he future cycles. She also suggested prednisolone for me to tackle the positive ANA? There's so much info and knowledge involved I think I was a bit lost during the consultation..and she said I could look into anti inflammatory diet..are you on this as well? But I don't have any thyroid issue and so I don't know if her protocol is actually for everyone..? I also got vit D supplements from her.

Hi sweet_babysoul, just a quick history on myself. I've failed 3 ivfs..and have also just seen dr vasoo.

I think at least she got some recommendations for u to try out and ive also heard many who took her recommended protocols and succeeded on their next ivf cycle.

For myself, I've gotten my results and turns out all is fine. But that also concludes i have unexplained implantation failure.

Cant help but feel dismayed and worried about my upcoming cycle.

I will be doing my endo scratch soon. Since she recommend, i'll say just do it

Hi sweet_babysoul, just a quick history on myself. I've failed 3 ivfs..and have also just seen dr vasoo.

I think at least she got some recommendations for u to try out and ive also heard many who took her recommended protocols and succeeded on their next ivf cycle.

For myself, I've gotten my results and turns out all is fine. But that also concludes i have unexplained implantation failure.

Cant help but feel dismayed and worried about my upcoming cycle.

I will be doing my endo scratch soon. Since she recommend, i'll say just do it

Hi Kissryl,

So you've done 3 IVFs and no pregnancy so far? It's really frustrating not to have a clue what's the underlying problem for the recurrent implantation failure..from my doctor side he said most of the cases it's the embryos problem..so I'm a bit leaning towards PGS for my next round so I could at least find out if it's really me or the embryos problems..

Do you mind, how many embryos you have left? I only got 1 left so I'm thinking to do fresh IVF to maybe stock some more up before I decide to go for endo scratch..

Good luck with it and I hope everything goes smooth for u ***

JTS. My friend is a christian too. She has gone through numerous failed cycles, seen TCM & Dr Sheila but either ended with CP or MC. She gave herself a break and guess what? she actually conceived naturally at almost 40yo! Her baby was safely delivered few months back. So continue to keep your faith ok.

I wasn't on anti-inflammatory diet. But I was advised to stop taking immunocal. So you might wish to be a little mindful of the supplements that you are taking.

Since you have not tried Prednisolone and endo scratch, why don't you give it a try? Infact I did both and it finally gave me a BFP. From my understanding, some docs (mostly overseas) do prescribe Pred to bring down the immunity level so that the body won't attack the foreign cells in our body, in this case, our embryos. You can goggle about it. As for endo scratch, it's supposed to help with implantation. It's a little discomfort like pap smear but a very quick procedure. It's really all in the mind. Focus on your ultimate goal instead of thinking you cannot do it; when you have yet to exhaust your options actually. For now, leave the failed cycles behind, clear your mind and focus on what needs to be done. Good luck!

Good to know about your friend's story, it's nice to hear so that you know there're real miracles in the world :)

May I ask, why did Dr Shiela asked you to stop immunocal? Is there sth in your blood report indicates so..?

I think my current doctor is quite conservative..he does perform endo scratch but he's not an advocate for it. His nurse sent me a 4 pages info for the details of endo scratch and the related statistics. To be honest it's more scarier and less encouraging after reading it. But it does seems to be a measure a lot of ladies might have tried and success in the end so I might still give it a go..just depending on which cycle and when..but one thing in my mind is, if *touch wood* sth is wrong with my embryo, even I do endo scratch and it implanted it might still not develop in the end.?

Last edited:
Hi Kissryl,

So you've done 3 IVFs and no pregnancy so far? It's really frustrating not to have a clue what's the underlying problem for the recurrent implantation failure..from my doctor side he said most of the cases it's the embryos problem..so I'm a bit leaning towards PGS for my next round so I could at least find out if it's really me or the embryos problems..

Do you mind, how many embryos you have left? I only got 1 left so I'm thinking to do fresh IVF to maybe stock some more up before I decide to go for endo scratch..

Good luck with it and I hope everything goes smooth for u ***

Hi there.. yup. 3 ivfs and no preg at all. It was demoralizing to pick up a call and hear the results every single time!

Pgs is expensive and doctors usually don't reco. At least kkh doesn't see the need for it.
I have 2 left, planning to transfer 1 for upcoming cycle.. if I'm not wrong, kkh doesn't allow u to stock up. So u might want to check with ur doctor..

Same for u!

Good to know about your friend's story, it's nice to hear so that you know there're real miracles in the world :)

May I ask, why did Dr Shiela asked you to stop immunocal? Is there sth in your blood report indicates so..?

I think my current doctor is quite conservative..he does perform endo scratch but he's not an advocate for it. His nurse sent me a 4 pages info for the details of endo scratch and the related statistics. To be honest it's more scarier and less encouraging after reading it. But it does seems to be a measure a lot of ladies might have tried and success in the end so I might still give it a go..just depending on which cycle and when..but one thing in my mind is, if *touch wood* sth is wrong with my embryo, even I do endo scratch and it implanted it might still not develop in the end.?

Coz my issue is a case of thyroid autoimmune. So immunocal is supposed to boost up the immune system. I guess for my case I don't need to boost up my immunity further. Infact, I need to 'lower' it thus the need for Prednisolone. I actually brought the immunocal to show Dr Sheila so she says better don't take it to be on the safe side even though it's just supplements.

Well as I've said, IVF is really about trial and error. Statistics are just numbers anyway. My IVF doc is pretty open to suggestions as long as he sees no harm in it. He is only not exactly supportive with intralipid infusion as he feels it's just a bag of nutrients (read: proteins) being infused into your body and each session is a couple of hundred dollars. But truth be told, if my subsequent cycles were to fail again during then, I won't rule out going for it (without his knowledge!) either as ultimately, all we want is to exhaust whatever we can to have the baby in our arms.

Sometimes, ignorance is bliss. As much as I do a fair bit of research to see how I can help myself for the next cycle, I do read it with a pinch of salt at times. For me, as long as it's nothing related to surgical procedures (unless there is an absolute need for it), I'll go for it. At the end of the day, I do not want to regret looking back on why I did not do enough to help myself. And everyone's pain threshold is also different. IVF is already a tough journey. The least you want is to scare yourself silly with 4 pages of info and statistics which is filled with medical jargon.

Honestly, I don't know why your doc would want to send you such stuffs instead of helping you to exhaust all avenues to boost up your chances. And I guess you have too many worries in your mind! You ought to relax a little! Importantly, you gota think positive. Before you even go for endo scratch and take Pred, you are already deducing that something is wrong with your embryo. Just tackle it step by step. If this combination doesn't work out then try another combination. Our mind is a very powerful tool actually. You can practice the law of attraction. Perhaps, you might wish to pick up some self-help books like The Secret and read it during your 2ww.

Coz my issue is a case of thyroid autoimmune. So immunocal is supposed to boost up the immune system. I guess for my case I don't need to boost up my immunity further. Infact, I need to 'lower' it thus the need for Prednisolone. I actually brought the immunocal to show Dr Sheila so she says better don't take it to be on the safe side even though it's just supplements.

Well as I've said, IVF is really about trial and error. Statistics are just numbers anyway. My IVF doc is pretty open to suggestions as long as he sees no harm in it. He is only not exactly supportive with intralipid infusion as he feels it's just a bag of nutrients (read: proteins) being infused into your body and each session is a couple of hundred dollars. But truth be told, if my subsequent cycles were to fail again during then, I won't rule out going for it (without his knowledge!) either as ultimately, all we want is to exhaust whatever we can to have the baby in our arms.

Sometimes, ignorance is bliss. As much as I do a fair bit of research to see how I can help myself for the next cycle, I do read it with a pinch of salt at times. For me, as long as it's nothing related to surgical procedures (unless there is an absolute need for it), I'll go for it. At the end of the day, I do not want to regret looking back on why I did not do enough to help myself. And everyone's pain threshold is also different. IVF is already a tough journey. The least you want is to scare yourself silly with 4 pages of info and statistics which is filled with medical jargon.

Honestly, I don't know why your doc would want to send you such stuffs instead of helping you to exhaust all avenues to boost up your chances. And I guess you have too many worries in your mind! You ought to relax a little! Importantly, you gota think positive. Before you even go for endo scratch and take Pred, you are already deducing that something is wrong with your embryo. Just tackle it step by step. If this combination doesn't work out then try another combination. Our mind is a very powerful tool actually. You can practice the law of attraction. Perhaps, you might wish to pick up some self-help books like The Secret and read it during your 2ww.

Glad that i found this post here.

I will like to do an autoimmunity test and i'm finding out who is able to help me with this test.

May i know how much is the tests with Dr Shiela?

Thank you so much! i also hope to identify the issue of recurrent miscarriages.

Glad that i found this post here.

I will like to do an autoimmunity test and i'm finding out who is able to help me with this test.

May i know how much is the tests with Dr Shiela?

Thank you so much! i also hope to identify the issue of recurrent miscarriages.

Hi! It's about 1k+ when I did it about 2 years ago. Maybe you can call up the clinic to check.

Ladies,

I will be returning 200 red eggs at Toa Payoh Shuang Lin Temple this coming Sunday (4Feb morning) to thank ZSNN for blessing me with my Miracle baby who arrived in Dec17.

For those who are keen to collect the eggs, you may go to the temple after 1230pm.

Once again spreading baby dusts to all of you and please do not give up and i wish that everyone here will carry your bundle your joy soon.

Hi Milogal88,

may i know how high is your ana? i was also tested slight positive and dr advised to take aisprin

Back