Dr Tan Kian Sing from TCM

Ahh I see..I did eat his even though I had a new box of Eu Yan Seng bak foong pills sitting at home..I figured that I already spent lots of money on my IVF and FETs, what's more some bak foong pills..His staff also ask me to buy ovulation sticks and pregnancy stick which I already had..I just buy lor and tested as much as I liked..It's not extremely expensive, mine was much more expensive..But if it gives his staff a peace of mind on what instructions I need to follow to exactly determine my ovulation date then so be it..

Serious?!! He told me to eat his bak foong pill instead of Eu Yan Seng one as they contain different ingredients but he didn't tell me that it's not good...His ways are somewhat unorthodoxed lol..

Hihi,

Dr Tan did not sell me his bak foong pills. He told me i can purchase from him if i do not want to search ard. He said i can just get any 乌鸡白凤丸 and i jist bought today and brought it to his clinic to let him see if it is ok.

I bought 北京同仁堂乌鸡白凤丸and he checked the item and said this is ok. Can eat this.

So said i can give the EYS pills to elderly like my mum for general health, which i just did too. Dont waste.

He did not sell me ovulation strips too. I juz tell him i have been using my own.

So far he did not hard sell me pdt.

But i also agree that his med are expensive..hope we can strike soon and save some money..

Hi, I'm new to the thread. We just visited Dr Tan last week as DH's SA especially morphology is less than 1%. He didn't ask us to eat raw fish maw though. Anyone care to share if his treatment has been effective? The first visit cost us over $200. Hopefully can strike soon else not very sustainable at this rate.

Hi, I'm new to the thread. We just visited Dr Tan last week as DH's SA especially morphology is less than 1%. He didn't ask us to eat raw fish maw though. Anyone care to share if his treatment has been effective? The first visit cost us over $200. Hopefully can strike soon else not very sustainable at this rate.

I also hope to hear more success stories from the group.

My husband is still visiting him for his acupuncture and supplements. Dr Tan did not give him other medicines.

Did he prescribe for u?

For me, i diligently ate his med for 1 month and my regular 28 days cycle suddenly becomes 33 days. So i stopped seeing him and just continue with my supplememts and tonic soup. I will finish all his med..coz they r expensive.......

I intend to do another SA in Dec, another 3 months after seeing Dr Tan to see my husband results improve...

I also hope to hear more success stories from the group.

My husband is still visiting him for his acupuncture and supplements. Dr Tan did not give him other medicines.

Did he prescribe for u?

For me, i diligently ate his med for 1 month and my regular 28 days cycle suddenly becomes 33 days. So i stopped seeing him and just continue with my supplememts and tonic soup. I will finish all his med..coz they r expensive.......

I intend to do another SA in Dec, another 3 months after seeing Dr Tan to see my husband results improve...

He also didn't ask my husband to eat fish maw. Just supplements and acupuncture. I started to eat the medicine diligently, hoping there will be miracle. Lolx. How Long have you been trying?

Wonder anyone's hubby ate Dr Tan's supplements and has positive effect?

we are planning to retake the SA in end Dec. Shall see the results then. After taking his medication, my CM become quite yellowish. Also, i do not have EWCM this month but Dr Tan said its ok. I'm worried that this might be a sign of infection. Anyone has this issue as well?

Just sharing experience. I'm a 29 yr old male with morphology problems (100% head defects). Visited Dr Tan for the first time today. He gave advice on lifestyle (jog at 7-8am or 6-7pm in a park to absorb more oxygen, swim in the afternoon to cool the body, esp down there), prescribed medicine and fish maw, and did acupuncture on ears and stomach to improve slp quality and blood flow.

Paid $284 for me and my wife (she had medicine and acupuncture as well) but felt it was worth it compared to consultation with Dr Loh from Thomson Fertility Centre. Dr Loh would just see us for 5-10 min and charge us $100+ each time with hardly any advice or treatment.

we are planning to retake the SA in end Dec. Shall see the results then. After taking his medication, my CM become quite yellowish. Also, i do not have EWCM this month but Dr Tan said its ok. I'm worried that this might be a sign of infection. Anyone has this issue as well?

Could it be that your period is late hence you have not seen your ewcm? Mine got somewhat later after I started seeing him

Just sharing experience. I'm a 29 yr old male with morphology problems (100% head defects). Visited Dr Tan for the first time today. He gave advice on lifestyle (jog at 7-8am or 6-7pm in a park to absorb more oxygen, swim in the afternoon to cool the body, esp down there), prescribed medicine and fish maw, and did acupuncture on ears and stomach to improve slp quality and blood flow.

Paid $284 for me and my wife (she had medicine and acupuncture as well) but felt it was worth it compared to consultation with Dr Loh from Thomson Fertility Centre. Dr Loh would just see us for 5-10 min and charge us $100+ each time with hardly any advice or treatment.

Oh he didn't ask my hubby to take fish maw. I even asked Dr if he needs fish maw but Dr said no need. He also has >1% morphology issue Acupuncture seemed the same.

Could it be that your period is late hence you have not seen your ewcm? Mine got somewhat later after I started seeing him

I'll try to observe more since I'm only with him for the first cycle. Just that after taking the an tai Yao, I started to spotting 4 days before my period. It wasn't like that in the past. Wondering if anyone has this side effects too?

Oh he didn't ask my hubby to take fish maw. I even asked Dr if he needs fish maw but Dr said no need. He also has >1% morphology issue Acupuncture seemed the same.

Thanks for the reply. All the best to you too!

Second visit. Wife went for acupuncture and got prescribed medicine. $100. Referral to Raffles Medical for check on hormones, testosterone levels, etc. Another $80.

Is the
Thanks for the reply. All the best to you too!

Second visit. Wife went for acupuncture and got prescribed medicine. $100. Referral to Raffles Medical for check on hormones, testosterone levels, etc. Another $80.

I suppose the hormone and testosterone test is for you? What kind of hormone test is that? Can I also check if your Wife has any premedical condition?

Is the

I suppose the hormone and testosterone test is for you? What kind of hormone test is that? Can I also check if your Wife has any premedical condition?

Sorry I wasn't clear. Yes the tests were for me. Just to check what's the cause of my condition. Like is it due to hormones, or other reasons. Then Dr Tan will treat me accordingly

She doesn't hv any existing conditions, but Dr Tan urged her to go for acupuncture and take medicine nonetheless. Today I did acupuncture again for the back. Apparently it's 1 week back (apparently it's for the kidney), and 1 week stomach acupuncture each time. $42 for me today, not so bad

Sorry I wasn't clear. Yes the tests were for me. Just to check what's the cause of my condition. Like is it due to hormones, or other reasons. Then Dr Tan will treat me accordingly

She doesn't hv any existing conditions, but Dr Tan urged her to go for acupuncture and take medicine nonetheless. Today I did acupuncture again for the back. Apparently it's 1 week back (apparently it's for the kidney), and 1 week stomach acupuncture each time. $42 for me today, not so bad

Thanks for the helpful reply! Would you be able to share how Long have you guys been TTC-ing?

Thanks for the helpful reply! Would you be able to share how Long have you guys been TTC-ing?

Since the start of the yr, so abt 10 months? After a few months, we felt something wasn't right and went for a fertility check at Thomson Fertility Centre. Indeed, my results weren't gd. Tried Dr Loh's supplements but no noticeable change. So switched to TCM with Dr Tan. I've read abt his successful cases before, so hoping for the best!

Since the start of the yr, so abt 10 months? After a few months, we felt something wasn't right and went for a fertility check at Thomson Fertility Centre. Indeed, my results weren't gd. Tried Dr Loh's supplements but no noticeable change. So switched to TCM with Dr Tan. I've read abt his successful cases before, so hoping for the best!
Hi,

Thank you so much for sharing with us the details of your check.

Really hope to see if there is positive effect on morphology.

My husband is going to the Dr Tan weekly for acupuncture. Hopefully it helps him..

Still not very confident with him. i dilgently took him med and acupuncture for 2 cycle and my cycle days changed from 28-29 days to 32-33 days. everything else remains constant..

So i stopped his medication and my cycle returns to 29 days cycle..

As Dr Tan specialized in male fertility, i hope my husband and all other gentlemen who are seeing him will have a positive effect.

Praying hard......

Hi,

Thank you so much for sharing with us the details of your check.

Really hope to see if there is positive effect on morphology.

My husband is going to the Dr Tan weekly for acupuncture. Hopefully it helps him..

Still not very confident with him. i dilgently took him med and acupuncture for 2 cycle and my cycle days changed from 28-29 days to 32-33 days. everything else remains constant..

So i stopped his medication and my cycle returns to 29 days cycle..

As Dr Tan specialized in male fertility, i hope my husband and all other gentlemen who are seeing him will have a positive effect.

Praying hard......

He has a lot of successful cases. Just today one lady was reporting that she missed her period. So we just gotta trust him I guess =/

He has a lot of successful cases. Just today one lady was reporting that she missed her period. So we just gotta trust him I guess =/
Ya, for us, we dunno who else to go to too.

So my husband is still going to see him on a weekly basis for his accupunture but Dr tan did not give him any medication. He is eating those supplement which he prescribe the first time we saw him.

In Dec, we will go for another SA. That will be 4mths since we saw Dr Tan. Good chance to do another SA. hopefully we can see positive results.

You guys are so positive! Need to learn from you all. Been TTC-ing since May and I feel abit helpless. Most of my friends were able to conceive within 3months so i thought we had some issues. And it turned out to be the “swimmers”.

His medicine didn’t extend my period but it caused me to spot heavily before my period. Last time, I only spot 1-2 days and v mild. After the medicine, I started heavy spotting on 10dpo all the way till I had my menses. Will try eating it for another cycle before I see if i need to stop and just do accupunture.

Just share some gd news with everyone. After 2.5 months with Dr Tan, doing acupuncture almost every week and taking fish maw soup and jogging diligently as he recommended, I've had improved results for my Semen Analysid.

For concentration, I jumped from 1.1 million/ml to 13 million. Sperm count 2.86 million to 33.8 million. Motility from 23% fast to 42% fast. Morphology from 0% normal to 3% normal

Although it's not ideal yet, I'm heartened by the improvements. So wish everyone all the best and to keep believing!

Just share some gd news with everyone. After 2.5 months with Dr Tan, doing acupuncture almost every week and taking fish maw soup and jogging diligently as he recommended, I've had improved results for my Semen Analysid.

For concentration, I jumped from 1.1 million/ml to 13 million. Sperm count 2.86 million to 33.8 million. Motility from 23% fast to 42% fast. Morphology from 0% normal to 3% normal

Although it's not ideal yet, I'm heartened by the improvements. So wish everyone all the best and to keep believing!
That's really a good news...
I just went with my hb recently to Dr Tan for 1st time, as his previous SA result is not good. Also hopefully Dr Tan can help.
Even though my result is ok, it seems like the female have to restrict more on the do/do not, with so many different kind of medication.

Wish to share good news that after seeing him for 8 mths, I finally conceive.

Tcm need lots of faith, patience and preserving. For those who still trying, hope u can graduate soon!

Just wanted to share my experience with Dr Tan. I am 30 yrs old male. We were ttc for almost a year with no positive results. All tests were fine for wife but I had borderline sperm count and low morphology. Also took too much pressure on self and this started problems in getting the soldier up on required days.

That’s when we decided to go to TCM, got to know about Dr Tan. First time I went, he listened patiently, recommended to take less stress and bath with cold water. Did acupuncture and gave some medicines for sperm count and morphology. Medicines were a bit expensive.

Visited him every week and took the medicines diligently and after 1.5 months, we got the good news.

Would highly recommend Dr Tan, you need to trust him and believe him to get the positive results.

Hi,

I’m new to the thread. Me and my wife have been TTC for the past 8 months, but unable to do so. Initially, I went for sperm test and apparently, my morphology is less than 2%. Started “Self Medicating”, eating more anti-oxident, blah blah. But still no results.

We visited Dr Tan for 3 months, every single time, there’s always acupuncture or medication prescribed. As a male, I was given some pills, 冬虫夏草,ginseng all these.

I not sure how do we track progress. Like mentioned, most of the time, me and my wife are spending ~$200/visit. Excluding those checkup that doctor require my wife to return, we’ve spent close to $900 in 3 months.

just like to understand, at what point do we seek alternative? Or are we getting impatient?

Hi,

I’m new to the thread. Me and my wife have been TTC for the past 8 months, but unable to do so. Initially, I went for sperm test and apparently, my morphology is less than 2%. Started “Self Medicating”, eating more anti-oxident, blah blah. But still no results.

We visited Dr Tan for 3 months, every single time, there’s always acupuncture or medication prescribed. As a male, I was given some pills, 冬虫夏草,ginseng all these.

I not sure how do we track progress. Like mentioned, most of the time, me and my wife are spending ~$200/visit. Excluding those checkup that doctor require my wife to return, we’ve spent close to $900 in 3 months.

just like to understand, at what point do we seek alternative? Or are we getting impatient?

Hi,

I'm a 32 year old guy and I underwent treatment with Dr Tan for 2 years before we finally got the good news in June. Our baby is expected to be delivered in March next year =) Shall share a bit of what I know below.

Regarding progress, you can do a SA every half a year or more frequently if you want to. For me, the progress wasn't amazing, like 2% jumped to 3%, but I just maintained faith because the results were already better than before treatment. Of course, 1 year in, I started having doubts. But I just continued and also supplemented by visiting Dr Lim Kok Bin at Raffles Hospital. He gave me pills that increased my testosterone levels and the medication didn't clash with Dr Tan's.

Again, in terms of SA results, there wasn't very clear improvement, but any improvement was already welcome. Kept persevering up to about 2 years. Just when we were about to give up and visit a polyclinic for reference for IVF, the good news came.

Long story cut short, have faith, although it may take long. No matter how low the chance is, there is a chance. So keep persevering unless time is really an issue for you.

Hi,

I'm a 32 year old guy and I underwent treatment with Dr Tan for 2 years before we finally got the good news in June. Our baby is expected to be delivered in March next year =) Shall share a bit of what I know below.

Regarding progress, you can do a SA every half a year or more frequently if you want to. For me, the progress wasn't amazing, like 2% jumped to 3%, but I just maintained faith because the results were already better than before treatment. Of course, 1 year in, I started having doubts. But I just continued and also supplemented by visiting Dr Lim Kok Bin at Raffles Hospital. He gave me pills that increased my testosterone levels and the medication didn't clash with Dr Tan's.

Again, in terms of SA results, there wasn't very clear improvement, but any improvement was already welcome. Kept persevering up to about 2 years. Just when we were about to give up and visit a polyclinic for reference for IVF, the good news came.

Long story cut short, have faith, although it may take long. No matter how low the chance is, there is a chance. So keep persevering unless time is really an issue for you.

Dude, you need to seek treatment for your amnesia as you are having troubles to remember your age. Please see the screenshots of your past posts here: 32yo @ 2019, 29yo@2018 and 2017.

Your stories are so inconsistent that I have decided to be a busybody to register for a new account, to stop you from misleading others.

1574455463150.png

Dude, you need to seek treatment for your amnesia as you are having troubles to remember your age. Please see the screenshots of your past posts here: 32yo @ 2019, 29yo@2018 and 2017.

Your stories are so inconsistent that I have decided to be a busybody to register for a new account, to stop you from misleading others.

View attachment 715830

Hi, I'm a little surprised that I have offended you. I was born in Feb 1988. When I posted in Oct 2017, I was indeed 29. When I posted in Jan 2018, because I had not reached my birthday yet, I said I was 29.

Now in Nov 2019, technically I am still 31 but I said I was 32 because my birthday is reaching. So ok, I admit there's some inconsistency here but that's only because I had not cross-referenced to my previous posts. But to say there's an intention to mislead is a little hurting here, because all I'm trying to do here is to share information and give hope to those who may be feeling down after TTC for very long (I succeeded only after close to 2 years).

If you feel that I could be advertising for Dr Tan or trying to mislead anyone here, I am ok with not posting in this forum anymore. Just hope that you don't misinterpret my intentions and you realise there's a misunderstanding here.

Cheers, hope everything is ok on your side. If you need any info, I'm willing to share either here or by PM.

Dr tan no need to advertising for him. His record is all proven which we can read from forum or even can see from his own clinic. But must praise him cos he good at male factor which western medicine sometimes cannot resolve

Hi,

Did dr tan send u to sperm test occassionally? From there u can track any improvement for ur sperm result. Dr tan will do the medicine adjustment accordingly. Ya his consultation and medicine is expensive but we just close one eye since he had lots of success. In fact i bfp after seeing him for 8 months and my friend see him before going for ivf and her bb already 6 months.

Just to translate for the rest, the condition means no sperm in the ejaculate due to failure of spermatogenesis. My gut feeling is that acupuncture can't help as it can only boost sperm quality and speed. But if u don't mind, can try for awhile and see if results improve

Just to translate for the rest, the condition means no sperm in the ejaculate due to failure of spermatogenesis. My gut feeling is that acupuncture can't help as it can only boost sperm quality and speed. But if u don't mind, can try for awhile and see if results improve
thanks, guess we can only try to find out if it can help.

Hi, does anyone with non obstructive azoospermia condition done acupuncture with Dr Tan and got improvement?
Hihi my husband just completed 4 months of acupuncture with Dr Tan Kian Sing. His sperm morphology and motility improved and are now at normal levels. Motility now 42% normal and morphology now 4% normal. :) However sperm concentration is still below normal. From 3 improved to 7 for concentration. Normal is 15. I think you and hubby can try paying him a visit and see if he can help you :)

Hihi my husband just completed 4 months of acupuncture with Dr Tan Kian Sing. His sperm morphology and motility improved and are now at normal levels. Motility now 42% normal and morphology now 4% normal. :) However sperm concentration is still below normal. From 3 improved to 7 for concentration. Normal is 15. I think you and hubby can try paying him a visit and see if he can help you :)
Thanks fr sharing :) My hubby also has morphology issues only at 2% ... he has been going weekly for acupuncture (once per week) and eating many pills.. i hope his result will improve too as an encouragement to him! Btw did your hubby eat any herbs from Dr Tan? Or just many pills haha.. he didnt ask us to eat anything diff/ herbs.. but just take the pills...

Thanks fr sharing :) My hubby also has morphology issues only at 2% ... he has been going weekly for acupuncture (once per week) and eating many pills.. i hope his result will improve too as an encouragement to him! Btw did your hubby eat any herbs from Dr Tan? Or just many pills haha.. he didnt ask us to eat anything diff/ herbs.. but just take the pills...

I had taken pills daily and herbs once a week to be preferably cooked with fish maw previously. Finally saw positive result in my wife's pregnancy test after almost 2 yrs with Dr Tan

Mine was considered a v long wait. They seemed puzzled that I took so long to see results too. Most people see results within a year I think. All the best, everyone!

My hubby goes acupuncture twice a week and he also eats lots of pills from Dr Tan Kian Sing daily, and eats fish maw cooked with herbs once a week :) Dr Tan also recommended my hubby to eat lots of oysters and mussels so my hubby has been eating those at least once a week too. Hope your hubby results will improve too :)

Thanks for sharing :) can share whether your wife conceived naturally in the end or through IVF? Thank you

I had taken pills daily and herbs once a week to be preferably cooked with fish maw previously. Finally saw positive result in my wife's pregnancy test after almost 2 yrs with Dr Tan

Mine was considered a v long wait. They seemed puzzled that I took so long to see results too. Most people see results within a year I think. All the best, everyone!

Thanks for sharing :) can share whether your wife conceived naturally in the end or through IVF? Thank you
Natural! Though if it had dragged beyond 2 yrs, we might hv tried IVF already

Oysters might be helpful but my wife was concerned abt other health effects and discouraged me from taking, so I didn't really make it a regular diet. Personal choice I guess

Thanks for sharing! Will pay a visit to Dr Tan soon. Jia you everyone!

Hi All, am relatively new to this forum. Saw that Dr Tan KS is very popular! May I ask if Dr Tan KS clinic allows booking of appointment? If yes, do we just call the clinic number 6872 3237? Or do we have to queue at the clinic (first come first serve)?

Also, can I check if his clinic operating hours are: (based on Google)
Mon: 930-1; 2 to 6pm
Tues: 1-8pm
Wed: Closed
Thurs: 1-8pm
Friday: 1-6pm
Sat: 930-1; 2 to 6pm
Sun: Closed

Thanks all!! :D

Back