April 2018 Mummies

but just curious how you know your exact EDD? the scan in NUH didn't give me the EDD leh. and even the gynae only tell me a range when i ask him. not the exact date.

my previous 2 pregnancies, they gave me an EDD based on the wheel & info from me on the 1st day of last menses. This time round, during my 1st visit which was on 8th Sept, they didn't gv me an EDD. I forgotten to ask too, until they said the next appt, which was yesterday, I need to do a scan in order to know my EDD.

After the scan, went to meet the gynae, she told me that i was in my 12w6d (yesterday) & my EDD will be 10th April. I was quite surprised as based on my calculation & some apps i used, it was supposed to be 30th March. I asked her, I thought it was March, but she told me based on the scan, its as such. Im not sure how they determined it too either. haha.

Ohh hi there...its uncommon to see subsidized patient here..especially from the same hospital. I feel that more mummies goes to NUH now rather than KKH (correct me if I'm wrong) for subsidized.
true. most of the parents here all from private. haha. to me NUH is nearer. That's why i choose there.

Reactions: nqt
Had runny nose & feel slight feverish since sunday too. Saw a gp on monday who gave me "pregnancy-safe" meds. But till now, i didnt dare touch the meds..asi googled abt them, most says eat if benefits outweighs risk as i guess they cant test on pregnant lady...so i try to rely on own body to fight. Is it normal that i get so absorbed into my own fight with virus that i dun feel the usual cramps of baby growing or stop having evening sickness. So worried baby affected. Am abt 11 wks tmr. Anyone taken any flu meds prescribed by doc & is okay?

I had seen a gp for my fever and flu during first pregnancy. Was also worried that it might affect the baby. I took it and felt better the next day. I think mummy's body needs to be strong to grow baby well. Consult my gynae for second opinion and he said it's fine. If fever gets worse, think might need to take even stronger medicine. So can always ask gynae if still in doubt.

Had runny nose & feel slight feverish since sunday too. Saw a gp on monday who gave me "pregnancy-safe" meds. But till now, i didnt dare touch the meds..asi googled abt them, most says eat if benefits outweighs risk as i guess they cant test on pregnant lady...so i try to rely on own body to fight. Is it normal that i get so absorbed into my own fight with virus that i dun feel the usual cramps of baby growing or stop having evening sickness. So worried baby affected. Am abt 11 wks tmr. Anyone taken any flu meds prescribed by doc & is okay?

Me! I went gp when I had sorethroat and fever. I took the prescribed medication by the GP. But I did confirm with the GP that it's safe for pregnant women. I felt better after the second dose :)

Don't worry too much about not having cramps / evening sickness. Probably because you are graduating from the first trimester! Stay positive and don't think too much k!

Hi
hello fellow mummies to be.. i've created a private group for us. its only for mothers and not managed by any vendors or suppliers or gov body. personally feel more comfortable seeking support at a non commercialized platform.
let me know if anyone is keen to join!
hi i am keen to join

but just curious how you know your exact EDD? the scan in NUH didn't give me the EDD leh. and even the gynae only tell me a range when i ask him. not the exact date.
Me too. Subsidised in NUH. My first EDD was also calculated as March from LMP date (last menstrual period). My EDD was also pushed to April, after the doctor measured the fetus, head to feet, in the scan. The scanner will show the date according to how large in cm your child is.

Any ladies here pregnant #3 and above and going back to the same gynae? For some reason i feel a bit paiseh to go back to my gynae with this pregnancy #3. And they are all 2 years apart

Me too. Subsidised in NUH. My first EDD was also calculated as March from LMP date (last menstrual period). My EDD was also pushed to April, after the doctor measured the fetus, head to feet, in the scan. The scanner will show the date according to how large in cm your child is.

ohh hi! same as me..initialy EDD end march, then after scan, changed to April...

Anyone started doing stretch mark prevention? Just bought bio-oil from Guardian to try. Don't know is good or not
I started using Bio-oil in Week 11, have a bad itch from den.. checked with gynae, he suggested to me dun used oil based. Therefore i changed it to Clarins.

I started using Bio-oil in Week 11, have a bad itch from den.. checked with gynae, he suggested to me dun used oil based. Therefore i changed it to Clarins.
My friend also recommended Clarins to us. Do let me know how was it.
My Wife tried the bio-oil and so far no itch. But she did say don't see results. But I told her she only start about 1 week and only once daily applied. So I don't think result will show fast

May I know which week were you when you did the scan to measure the fetus?

My friend also recommended Clarins to us. Do let me know how was it.
My Wife tried the bio-oil and so far no itch. But she did say don't see results. But I told her she only start about 1 week and only once daily applied. So I don't think result will show fast

I used Clarins oil for my 1st pregnancy and I thought it was good

Hi all mum to be, I’m a first time mum to be, abt 10wks now.. my EDD is ard mid-end Apr.. I think I’m the lucky one till now no MS yet.. only feeling bloated, weight loss, not much appetite and some pain/cramp (I jus couldn’t differentiate it).. but I keep on worrying.. maybe hear too much abt miscarriage & has fren who experience that..

I’m interested in joining the whatsapp group.. how can I join in??

hello fellow mummies to be.. i've created a private group for us. its only for mothers and not managed by any vendors or suppliers or gov body. personally feel more comfortable seeking support at a non commercialized platform.

Hello! i'm keen to join!

May I know which week were you when you did the scan to measure the fetus?
Mine was measured at week 8 and 12.

During your scan with your gynae, or if subsidised with the medical officer, just ask how large in cm your baby is. The technical term for it is Crown-to-Rump.

(Not mine - just a Google pic) This is what the ultrasound print out will have, a dotted line with the measurement.
http://www.ultrasoundpaedia.com/uploads/53003/ufiles/First_Trimester/Normal/10w-crl.jpg

when do we need to start using actually? now tummy like still very small.. barely stretched. heheee

I cannot remember when I started for my 1st kid ... probably somewhere in 2nd trimester.
I think I may start soon... my tummy is very visible and very stretched aldy, maybe cos it's my 2nd one... and I'm very small built

Hi all mum to be, I’m a first time mum to be, abt 10wks now.. my EDD is ard mid-end Apr.. I think I’m the lucky one till now no MS yet.. only feeling bloated, weight loss, not much appetite and some pain/cramp (I jus couldn’t differentiate it).. but I keep on worrying.. maybe hear too much abt miscarriage & has fren who experience that..

I’m interested in joining the whatsapp group.. how can I join in??

I'm interested to join the whatsapps group too... can the admin of the whatsapps group pm me for my number pls :)

Hello! There's an upcoming "baby market fair" from 13-15 Oct, claiming to be the largest baby fair in South East Asia. Do you all happen to know if this is worth going? I am wondering if it is too early to get the baby stuffs since EDD is only in Apr next year.

Hello! There's an upcoming "baby market fair" from 13-15 Oct, claiming to be the largest baby fair in South East Asia. Do you all happen to know if this is worth going? I am wondering if it is too early to get the baby stuffs since EDD is only in Apr next year.

If we miss this one, any idea when is the next fair?

Hi all, any recommendations to purchase confinement herbal package ( including herbal bath and red dates tea) other than buying through the confinement agency?

Hi, i am keen to join the group. Can you let me know how to join the group?

No need to get everything at one baby fair.. basically just need the essential ones to be ready when bb comes, e.g. cot, breastpump, steriliser. So can get these first if SuperMom Fair in March is too late. Essentials like diapers, laundry detergent and bottle detergent etc. you can always stock up later in Mar, nearer EDD or even in confinement. Then items like car seat, stroller, feeding or food preparation equipment which you don't need immediately when bb is born, you can wait for the SuperMom Fair in Mar.. maybe got new models or better deals?

Ohhh hehe ok ok thank you for the tips! Lots of things to stock up for a first time mum. Hopefully I can get some hand me downs from friends/cousins

Anyone still feeling sick at week 13? I fell sick last week and had very bad headache plus vomiting Ytd.. looks like not getting better though approaching 2nd trimester o_O

going for my Panorama test at thomson medical this week..
pray tat my result will be fine and ok...
regarding the gender, is it optional or it will be included in the report as well?

How many weeks are you now? I think is normal and as long as not too often and no bleeding should be fine.

I'm currently 13 wks. I don't remember having these kinda cramp during my previous pregnancies. So far no bleeding. It has been since ard 9am just now...let's see if it last all day :confused:

I'm currently 13 wks. I don't remember having these kinda cramp during my previous pregnancies. So far no bleeding. It has been since ard 9am just now...let's see if it last all day :confused:
Same here, 13 weeks! :) Yup, monitor. If it is not lasting, I think should be fine.

Why cannot eat chicken pot?
If it makes your appetite good... and I think as long as u ensure all the food is fully cooked .... shd be ok right ?

My in law worry about the ingredients use. No sure if they use any Chinese herb or herb that is not suitable for pregnant lady.

Whenever walk pass feel like eating but don't dare to try.

My in law worry about the ingredients use. No sure if they use any Chinese herb or herb that is not suitable for pregnant lady.

Whenever walk pass feel like eating but don't dare to try.

Oh.... hmm ok .. i never thought so much
Hmm but if that's the case, then always need to eat in or home cooked food ?

Sigh recently, or rather just yesterday, I feel pain whenever I urine... went to the gynae today aldy becos I was so paranoid, worried abt infection.. thankfully he said it's okay... just that I don't drink enough fluids

Any mummies experience this too?

Back