April 2018 Mummies

raw food not so clean afterall. better eat those cooked food. i miss soft-boiled eggs. haha
for me I don't feel hungry leh, I think my appetite is better before pregnancy. but now i still eat my bf, lunch and dinner even thou not hungry. then I feel bloated after eating.. I hope time pass faster now. lol

I still take soft boiled eggs. I just can't miss having it. Can wait for it to boil longer or ask them to wait for a while more.
I do eat cooked food, but sometimes if you go Subway, KFC. Those raw veggies are there, you will still eat a little. Moderate is the key for me.
I am also bloated after every meals, eat very little each meal. Most of the time, I order noodles or mee, less filling.

I grabbed my husband's hand like don't know what lor..
For bb sake, take all my blood I also okay.. :p

Few tubes okay lah, reasonable ma.. Each tube for one test..
I think not only Panorama, Dr. Wong also suggested antenatal tests which are good to have also..

When's your next appointment? :D

my next appointment tmr wor. Just second appointment only with him . sounds like u all seen him many times liao. hahahaa
am now at 9 weeks 3 days!

Just went for gynae check up today as I had some brown discharge yesterday. And found out that it could be due to the low position of my placenta. Has anyone had this experience before? I'm currently 10w6d tho...

I still take soft boiled eggs. I just can't miss having it. Can wait for it to boil longer or ask them to wait for a while more.
I do eat cooked food, but sometimes if you go Subway, KFC. Those raw veggies are there, you will still eat a little. Moderate is the key for me.
I am also bloated after every meals, eat very little each meal. Most of the time, I order noodles or mee, less filling.

ya tat time i still eat chicken burger... then after that I realized that I am also eating those raw veggies and then I oops:oops:.. haha
i mostly can't finish my food too ..
And i realized that if i don't eat on time, my nausea will start. really don't like the feeling. so not hungry i also eat otherwise i will start nausea and vomit those acid juice because stomach is empty liao..:rolleyes:

my next appointment tmr wor. Just second appointment only with him . sounds like u all seen him many times liao. hahahaa
am now at 9 weeks 3 days!

Wah tomorrow.. Aiya I should have changed to tomorrow as well :p
Yah I have been visiting him like, err.. 5 or 6 times liao? (in 15weeks)

I more kiasi and paranoid :D

Remember to ask him about the test and get the assistant to book your slot okay~

Just went for gynae check up today as I had some brown discharge yesterday. And found out that it could be due to the low position of my placenta. Has anyone had this experience before? I'm currently 10w6d tho...
dont worry. placenta will move up as baby grows. just make sure you have enough rest and dont exert yourself also.. and no sex please..

are all of you chatting on facebook? or whatsapp? should we create a facebook group? easier to chat and no need to login to forum??

im a 3rd time mummy.. my #1 was also born in april a few years ago.. find it amusing im expecting a april baby again. haha!

@IIShuangII is your flu/cough/fever better?
Try not to take raw and half

Drink more warm water, and get well soon!
@IIShuangII is your flu/cough/fever better?
Try not to take raw and half cooked foods especially during first trimester.

Drink more warm water, and get well soon!

Tinklebbdust, thanks for your concern:) I still have some flu on and off.
and yes i keep drinking plenty of warm water lor.

yup avoiding those raw/half cooked food... I still got a long way to go.. lol:rolleyes:

hi ladies

i've been feeling really guilty. i have been having morning sickness starting from week 6.

since then, i stopped all supplements (duphaston+folic+multi vits) & even stopped drinking much water. reason being, i just cant stand having to stomach them.

due to my poor appetite, strong food aversions, i don't feel hungry, and feel nauseous 24-7 (every waking moment).

hence, i can only eat food that i feel like eating at that moment. and these food tend to be fried/oily (Eg: fast food and other unhealthy food in short).

i dont take veggies, but i do take fruits. so in short, my first 3 months are rather unhealthy.. with no exercise also. cos i feel exhausted, and everyday is a misery.

some mummy friends have been guilt-tripping me, that i haven't been nourishing myself well.. i anyhow indulge/eat.. and never spare a thought for my baby etc. hence i have been feeling bad, and inadequate like i've been harming my own baby and like im so weak.

is it normal to behave this way during first trim? so do you mummies still try your best to eat healthy despite morning sickness? hope to hear from you ladies..

btw, its my first child, and im in my 30s, def not young..so im more worried

hi ladies

i've been feeling really guilty. i have been having morning sickness starting from week 6.

since then, i stopped all supplements (duphaston+folic+multi vits) & even stopped drinking much water. reason being, i just cant stand having to stomach them.

due to my poor appetite, strong food aversions, i don't feel hungry, and feel nauseous 24-7 (every waking moment).

hence, i can only eat food that i feel like eating at that moment. and these food tend to be fried/oily (Eg: fast food and other unhealthy food in short).

i dont take veggies, but i do take fruits. so in short, my first 3 months are rather unhealthy.. with no exercise also. cos i feel exhausted, and everyday is a misery.

some mummy friends have been guilt-tripping me, that i haven't been nourishing myself well.. i anyhow indulge/eat.. and never spare a thought for my baby etc. hence i have been feeling bad, and inadequate like i've been harming my own baby and like im so weak.

is it normal to behave this way during first trim? so do you mummies still try your best to eat healthy despite morning sickness? hope to hear from you ladies..

Totally understand how you feel - had very bad MS and the poorest appetite during the first 13weeks.
However, I still continue the supplement especially folic acid and duphaston - folic acid is essential during the first three months while duphaston provides progesterone support,

It is pretty normal that one is not able to eat much or even having weight loss during the first trimester - I lost 3kg in average (peak was 4kg), but I started feeling better from week 14 onwards, so far so good (touch wood!).

Well, no point to dwell over what had happened and feeling bad/worry now doesn't really help.
Start practising a healthier life style and don't forget the supplement, very important especially for people with imbalanced diet.

It is alright to indulge once in a while, pregnancy isn't an illness, but eat in moderation.

It is crucial to also manage your emotion, be happy, bb can feel you :)

Jiayou!

hi ladies

I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes during my first pregnancy. So I asked my gynae if I should watch my diet early to prevent it happening again.

To my surprise, he said I can eat whatever I want for now and to start monitoring my food intake from 12 weeks onwards.

Reason being, with all the nausea and vomiting, we should be grateful we can stomach some food rather than none..

And my gynea is Dr Tham who is known to be strict with mommy's weight gain.

And make sure you have enough liquids, be it from soup, milk, water, juice, etc..

I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes during my first pregnancy. So I asked my gynae if I should watch my diet early to prevent it happening again.

To my surprise, he said I can eat whatever I want for now and to start monitoring my food intake from 12 weeks onwards.

Reason being, with all the nausea and vomiting, we should be grateful we can stomach some food rather than none..

And my gynea is Dr Tham who is known to be strict with mommy's weight gain.

And make sure you have enough liquids, be it from soup, milk, water, juice, etc..
I also kenna in my first pregnancy. Then Doctor said second pregnancy sure will kenna and might need insulin. I wonder how costly is it if really need such thing for private.

Which doc are you seeing? Yes NUH is not cheap as a private patient.

I was a private patient with them for my #1. now my #2 i am a subsided patient.
Their scanning is expensive and they don't scan your baby in every gynae visits too. This is a big difference from private practice whom they almost scan you every time u visit.
I can only say the differences is the hospital charges during delivery.
i paid $3.8k cash with induce normal delivery+ epidural / 2 night stay (1 night for induce, 1 night post delivery) in 1 bedder ward and my doc was a senior doc. my #1 ward fee is fully claim by medisave. this was in 2015.

Which clinic did you see?
subsided patients are in Clinic G, the private patients see doc in Emerald/Ruby/Sapphire clinic if not wrong. so you are waiting in line with other private patients.

Hey sunflower! We are seeing doctor claudia chi at the Emerald/ruby clinic. May i ask how much did you pay for ur usual consultation? I was abit shocked at the price of 115 consultation + 210 scan when my friends are telling me they never pay more than 250 at TCM even with scan.

I also kenna in my first pregnancy. Then Doctor said second pregnancy sure will kenna and might need insulin. I wonder how costly is it if really need such thing for private.

What was your reading after OGTT during your first pregnancy?

I was at 7+. So he told me to follow strict diet without insulin..

What was your reading after OGTT during your first pregnancy?

I was at 7+. So he told me to follow strict diet without insulin..
Same.. but second pregnancy the reading might not be so good as compare to first pregnancy. So sian..

hi ladies

you can skip multi vitamins for now.. only folic acid and duphaston. folic acid is important to prevent spinal bifida. duphaston i assume its prescribe by your gynae to safe guard your pregnancy.. so you should eat. and.. eat and drink whatever that makes you happy!!

That one not detailed scan, it is NT Scan.
Detailed Scan (FA) will be performed around week20.

I personally think the scan is well worth the money paid, you get to see the bb much longer than the usual scan, and sonographer will explain to you like "this is bb feet, hands, spine, head etc", showing the blood flow and so on. I was weeping during the scan, sentimental moments lol :p

Yes yes the thick make-up lol, I don't like her, not very professional and the way she dressed, a bit :rolleyes:
I called the clinic yesterday and she's the one who picked up the call, straight away asked "who are you?". I was like, I tell you who am I you also don't know who am I right? I requested to speak to Joanna then she said she went out for lunch, so I called back later. I don't think she's a qualified "nurse", the most clinic assistant. You can request for a qualified nurse to take your blood.

And don't let her to affect you.
It is NOT A LOT of blood, just few tubes, and everyone's doing the same.

Relax~
Looking forward :) Did u take oscar test? Any idea if it is possible to see the baby gender in 12 weeks?

hi ladies

I have lost my appetite since week 7. I couldn't eat much but try to eat something a few times a day. I am a vegetarian, I used to love eggs and vegetable but recently i can't really take it but will still try to eat some at least. Sometimes will also worry if baby will have enough nutrient. I still eat fruits.. at the same time i am also craving for unhealthy food like fries, pizza, laksa..find it comforting but will limit the intake.

Am also in my 30s with first pregnancy.

Hey sunflower! We are seeing doctor claudia chi at the Emerald/ruby clinic. May i ask how much did you pay for ur usual consultation? I was abit shocked at the price of 115 consultation + 210 scan when my friends are telling me they never pay more than 250 at TCM even with scan.

during my #1 time, i pay around $200+ every time till i sign package. 1st consultation is more ex.

I'm just curious - what causes gestational diabetes? And what can one do to prevent it
We cannot avoid this it is our body just cannot dispose away the sugar fast enough. No way to prevent even don't eat sweet etc once will get means will get.
If first pregnancy have second pregnancy sure will have. So from 2nd tri onwards must really monitor the type of food take. My doctor tell me what are the food to take and etc. Same thing 1st tri still can whack what you want but also not too over la haha.

ya tat time i still eat chicken burger... then after that I realized that I am also eating those raw veggies and then I oops:oops:.. haha
And i realized that if i don't eat on time, my nausea will start. really don't like the feeling. so not hungry i also eat otherwise i will start nausea and vomit those acid juice because stomach is empty liao..:rolleyes:

Same here. The moment I feel hungry, I will be nausea too. Then I feel like vomit, and in the end burp out. Feeling Sian.. need to eat before the hunger strikes..

@tinklebbdust Okie! i will arrange for the test. thumbs up to you leh! know so many things :) thank you for all ur advices! wasted our appt one day apart.. we will sure meet some day!!

i am totally similar to you! no longer feel hungry anymore! . once my tummy start churning and i feel nausea it's time to eat! i never vomit so far though.. hope won't ever vomit! do take care of ur flu ok! speedy recovery :)

hi ladies

you are not alone babe. i am feeling the same. in fact my MS haunts me even at night and i wake up every 2-3 hours. i can't take fruits cos they are too acidic for my stomach now. i drink lesser water but i try to cheat on cold drinks so at least i drink smth. my supper has been mac fries and burger cos i can only swallow them.

i still force myself to take folic acid and multi vitamins though, to replenish the nutrients lost for not taking the right food. do take them too ok!

take care and may we be stronger next trimester! JIA YOU EVERYONE!

morning sickness.. food adversion are usually gone by first trimester. the silver lining is that this means hormones is strong enough and baby is growing well.
but having said that, some mummies continue to have morning sickness for the entire pregnancy. dont have to guilt trip yourself too much.. just eat and drink whatever you feel like!

Same here. The moment I feel hungry, I will be nausea too. Then I feel like vomit, and in the end burp out. Feeling Sian.. need to eat before the hunger strikes..

when then can we enjoy our food. lol :(
everyday when comes to meal time i don't know what to eat bc i don't feel hungry so no crave for food. but still need to eat. really sian lor

everyday when comes to meal time i don't know what to eat bc i don't feel hungry so no crave for food. but still need to eat. really sian lor

I must eat abit spicy.. beehoon soup also must put abit red chilli.. anything fried with chilli paste, tom yam paste, laksa.. I like. But i heard spicy diet is not too gd so end up just dip on chilli with soya sauce..

cjanice, i do vomit sometimes but not much. ok now at this time my nausea going to start soon coz all my lunch food had digested liao and it's time to eat for dinner. :rolleyes:

xie xie. u take care too wor! :)

Last edited:
Is he good? I am considering him if I need to stick to kkh. How I wish I can go back see Dr Wong at thomson but if my diabetics thingy needs insulin then I have to stick to kkh to save cost.
He got think of cost reduction for us. We told him we visited a gyne before seeing him coz we being first time parent were anxious. He sold us less folic and cal pills since we already have them. As for good or not, we were recommended him by our Neighbour and my cousin's doctor friends(his Med classmates

ey everyone, posting on behalf on my wife as she doesnt speak english well.

We went for our first check up at NUH today under private patient as shes a foreigner. The cost of the first visit is 115 + 210(Ultra sound) = 325. Their packages are 850 for 22 weeks and above including 2 ultra sound while the delivery charges for single bed is 4500 with 2100 payable by Medisave.

My friends are telling me that they are paying less than 300 bucks for consultation at TMC and their packages with private clinic gynaes are around 1000 starting from 16 weeks. So my question is, should i continue at NUH when the cost are pretty much the same at private hospitals? Please take into account that i am required to wait in line with the subsidiesd patients even though i made an appointment.[/QUOTE

Your doctor in NUH is it chosen by u or assigned to you? Makes a big difference
What pass type is her on?
Their package looks cheaper then what I had at kkh.
I had scan,blood test,routine test,medication and chosen senior consultant fee $5xx

Why I choose kkh is because all hospitals will still refer you to kkh if touch wood anything happens.(someone correct me if I am wrong) And the doctor come recommended by my Cousin and my foreigner Neighbour.
By the way my Wife also foreigner.

Your doctor in NUH is it chosen by u or assigned to you? Makes a big difference
What pass type is her on?
Their package looks cheaper then what I had at kkh.
I had scan,blood test,routine test,medication and chosen senior consultant fee $5xx

Why I choose kkh is because all hospitals will still refer you to kkh if touch wood anything happens.(someone correct me if I am wrong) And the doctor come recommended by my Cousin and my foreigner Neighbour.
By the way my Wife also foreigner.

Hey bro! Looks like we are on the same boat. The doctor was recommended to me by a friend whose also a doctor at NUH. My doctor is a consultant, if i had went with a senior consultant it would be another 100+ extra if im not wrong.

I chose NUH because its really near my place and research seems to suggest they are in fact one of the most recommended. In any case my wife has decided today that shes sticking with our doctor cos shes super nice and patient which is a bonus when my wife doesnt speak english too well.

I am wondering when too. Lol. For bb sake, still must eat. At least you are not alone, so don't worry. Soon it will pass..

I must eat abit spicy.. beehoon soup also must put abit red chilli.. anything fried with chilli paste, tom yam paste, laksa.. I like. But i heard spicy diet is not too gd so end up just dip on chilli with soya sauce..

I like spicy and red chilli too lor (curry, laksa, tom yum) lool.. but i don't dare to try eat now bc that time i ate something spicy and end up like heartburn.. but i really hope to eat maybe when my body is able to take it. cannot always eat these too..

I love to eat spicy too like tom yam, curry and laska. But heard eat spicy child next time will become bad temper is this true? My 1st pregnancy i did that and my 1st child a bit hot temper kind. Current pregnancy i try to reduce but never cut.

I love to eat spicy too like tom yam, curry and laska. But heard eat spicy child next time will become bad temper is this true? My 1st pregnancy i did that and my 1st child a bit hot temper kind. Current pregnancy i try to reduce but never cut.

is it!!.. then must control eating spicy food:p
for me I think i won't eat too much now.. but i really miss it. hopefully i don't have the crave for spicy food in my later trim.
when Christmas is coming.... hahaha so that i know time passes liao..

What I found out so far about confinement nanny is most of them stay with you unless you specify you don't need them too. However as most private nanny u engage directly are likely to be frm Malaysia and they don't have a residence in SG ..(although some may somehow have a residence in SG) u may have limited choices. Going to an agency is a good option becoz agency has the capability to match to your need better as well with backup option .. this is my dilemma too whether find a private nanny or through agency. However I m not making the decision now my MIL is making the choice for me..
Despite a small apartment I tik most nanny are fine to sleep same room as baby and like a mattress on the floor next to baby.
If I have a stay in nanny I would make This arrangement becoz I don't have a big place too..
I Guess U would appreciate to have someone to help u feed baby or look after baby while u sleep.. and rest at night. My Friend told me getting enough rest at night for 1st month mummy is key to recuperating well..she did try to pump and let baby latch while at night but sometimes her body just told her to rest...and with baby crying al the time she find it exhausting to keep pacifying baby at night ..

I Guess I would advice u to discuss with u Husband and family on what help you want to get from the nanny and then make ur decision from there..

Dear Andtheniammum,

Thanks for your advise, I will need to plan and think abit. I haven't posted for a while and so many new posts to read! :) I just went for my Panorama test yesterday. They took 5 tubes of blood in all. 3 big tubes and 2 smaller tubes. I chatted with the nurse to distract myself. Luckily she had the skill and it wasn't painful. Phew. Just counting down to know the results.

Every morning I have a challenge of swallowing the huge fish oil capsule. It just gets stuck in the throat and refuses to go down, make me gagging in the process. How did you all manage to conquer this? :p

I heard about it too. That's why never touch spicy stuff as well for my 1st preg. But my bb always shout loudly at times if things don't go her way. A bit of temper though. So I think still can take but not avoiding it totally.

Back