IVF at KKH

You can google tan kian seng, his address should come out, it's at clementi..note he specializes in male factor ya..so weird how can Dr su expect your hubby to change job..but note that dr tan say that we shld slp early too..so he may echo what Dr su say..
Thanks rinapua85. Yea lo.. cos she think work night shift is very bad for health. She also advice him to sleep as much as he can.. haha sometimes really see till want give up liao..

Me doing accupunture i think it helps.

Hi,

Can you guys share where you all did your acupuncture? Failed one fresh cycle and one FET.. Thinking of trying out acupuncture. Any success stories and acupuncture dr / place to recommend? Would appreciate it. Thanks

Dr Tan Kian Seng correct ? The Super famous TCM in the west. The Wife works with him as well. Very nice humble people but can be quite blur in their administration . They called me n my Husband up chasing for a pending $40 payment. It's their manual recordings mistake but no actual short of $40 fr bank statement ! They trust their Super manual recording of "owe $40" in Chinese; when my hubby did actually walk all the way to find atm n return and pay $40 but they were too bz to record down /forgotten and months later came n ask for the $40... that incident broke out faith in him, which is unfortunate coz I am totally impressed he can just touch your womb n know how many eggs u have ! N he paste many successful baby photos on wall. So do bring lots of cash when u see him. Atm is far. Wait time is ok if you make appt. he's much older than dr Zou.

Where is this tcm located? Would like to give it a try

Hi,

Can you guys share where you all did your acupuncture? Failed one fresh cycle and one FET.. Thinking of trying out acupuncture. Any success stories and acupuncture dr / place to recommend? Would appreciate it. Thanks

U can try zou yumin at amk there?

Hi,

Dr Zou Yu Min. My friend and i bfp with her on our first ivf cycle.
Blk 505 Ang Mo Kio
64560833 (closed on wed need to book appt)
First need got consult fee, subsequent no consult fee, Acupuncture front and back $40/session (appx 40min with heating lamp)

Dr Zou Yu Min. My friend and i bfp with her on our first ivf cycle.
Blk 505 Ang Mo Kio
64560833 (closed on wed need to book appt)
First need got consult fee, subsequent no consult fee, Acupuncture front and back $40/session (appx 40min with heating lamp)

thanks for sharing.. :) will it be suitable for my husband to go too since he has low sperm count problem?

thanks for sharing.. :) will it be suitable for my husband to go too since he has low sperm count problem?
Yes, ur hubby can go with u n do acupuncture too.. Dr Zou quite famous infertility problem.. U can show her ur medical report n regarding about IVF u can ask her too..

Hi, anyone has swop from private to subsidize patient at clinic D? my fallopian tube has abt 1cm polyp & need to remove before i can carry on with the ivf.. private rate for the day surgery is $2k+ (after my medisave deduction)... and dun have the xtra cash for this... so was thinking if can downgrade to subsidize patient to get a cheaper rate to remove the polyp... den change back to private patient (with chosen gynae) for ivf procedures... need advise..

Hi, anyone has swop from private to subsidize patient at clinic D? my fallopian tube has abt 1cm polyp & need to remove before i can carry on with the ivf.. private rate for the day surgery is $2k+ (after my medisave deduction)... and dun have the xtra cash for this... so was thinking if can downgrade to subsidize patient to get a cheaper rate to remove the polyp... den change back to private patient (with chosen gynae) for ivf procedures... need advise..
I was upgrade from subsidise to private. I was told i can downgrade but once i downgrade cannot upgrade again. You double check with the kkh nurse.

U cannt claim frm insurance? I did a fibroid removal frm the womb a few yrs back n i didn pay any cash at all. Medisave deduct throughout

U cannt claim frm insurance? I did a fibroid removal frm the womb a few yrs back n i didn pay any cash at all. Medisave deduct throughout

Can't... And after medisave deduction, i still need to fork out 2k+ cash.... I just need to get through this day surgery to remove polyp... Then i will go back to dr tan hh as private new patient again... No chioce... Haiz...

I will call up to make a new appt wif dr tan hh... So my case be new again..

So can be done? Cause when i opt dr tan as my ivf doc. They upgrade my status to private. I ask can downgrade if needed they told me can but once i downgrade cannot upgrade again. Cannot choose dr tan again so i dare not downgrade.

Hi i just came back from my first appt with dr sadhana.. we've inform her that we would like to undergo ivf.. she send me for a hormone blood test and hubs sperm quality cheCk.. she said after after the results come out if Everything ok then she will register me for ivf.....may i know how long you ladies have to wait till u guys start ur ivf journey..

I had my ultrasound and hcg test done at mount Elizabeth . I doubt so they will redo the test again.

Hi i just came back from my first appt with dr sadhana.. we've inform her that we would like to undergo ivf.. she send me for a hormone blood test and hubs sperm quality cheCk.. she said after after the results come out if Everything ok then she will register me for ivf.....may i know how long you ladies have to wait till u guys start ur ivf journey..

I had my ultrasound and hcg test done at mount Elizabeth . I doubt so they will redo the test again.

After u complete all the tests there will be consultation with dr again to assess. If doc said ok to do IVF, the waiting time is about 3 months.

hi everyone.
yesterday, was confirmed our 4th mc under ivf with thh. of course feeling very sad, but this time we were already expecting this outcome for a month as the fetal growth was very slow.
on Saturday I will insert medication to induce mc and start a mini confinement.
I mainly want to ask for advise on what ideas we can do next as we (and I strongly suspect thh also) are at wits end. our history is as follows:
- low sperm count, not suitable for iui
- slight pcos with irregular ovulation
- ivf with thh in kkh history: 3 fresh, 2 fet. bfp 4 times - 1 ectopic, 1 blighted ovum, 1 no heartbeat, and last one with slow growth
- usually ER about 12-16 eggs but after culture to blast, usually left with only 1 - 2 blasts
- done chromosome test, immunology tests - no issues
- tcm with tsb for 2 years

hoping anyone with some suggestions, advise, could help. thanks and jiayou to everyone.
Hi Mich, if you ok, can you please share your age?

After u complete all the tests there will be consultation with dr again to assess. If doc said ok to do IVF, the waiting time is about 3 months.
I was informed that KKH has improved their IVF process so that waiting time is reduced to 1 to 2 months (except maybe during Dec to Feb). current queue is Nov already.

Hi Mich,

Thanks for sharing your age. What are your plans forward?

I'm 32 this year, turning 33. Married in 2012, started TTC in 2014, spent 2 yrs w Ying Chuan Medical Hall, did multiple IUI cycles with Dr Fong Yang, be it injections, clomid, natural before going for IVF. Failed 3 cycles of IVF, exhausted all my CPF as well as government grant. Tried everything from intralipid transfusion + acupuncture + steroids + aspirin + red bean... but didn't even get to a postitive HCG stage. Dr says from the system there were some traces so likely early miscarriage. During analysis with SGH, she disclosed I've old eggs (doctor described them as 40-year old looking. :() The embryo did not have the energy to divide itself hence pregnancy truncated. At a crossroad now too because doc suggested using donor eggs or keep trying, be it IVF or natural.

Anyone has any solutions to reverse age of eggs??? o_O

Hi,
Can i check with anyone doing IVF at KK, when your menses come.. do you call their hotline or the Dr who doing your IVF do make appointment for scanning and medication?

Hi,
Can i check with anyone doing IVF at KK, when your menses come.. do you call their hotline or the Dr who doing your IVF do make appointment for scanning and medication?

There’s a ivf hotline u can call to de. They will tell u when to go down for scan

Hi Mich,

I'm 32 this year, turning 33. Married in 2012, started TTC in 2014, spent 2 yrs w Ying Chuan Medical Hall, did multiple IUI cycles with Dr Fong Yang, be it injections, clomid, natural before going for IVF. Failed 3 cycles of IVF, exhausted all my CPF as well as government grant. Tried everything from intralipid transfusion + acupuncture + steroids + aspirin + red bean... but didn't even get to a postitive HCG stage. Dr says from the system there were some traces so likely early miscarriage. During analysis with SGH, she disclosed I've old eggs (doctor described them as 40-year old looking. :() The embryo did not have the energy to divide itself hence pregnancy truncated. At a crossroad now too because doc suggested using donor eggs or keep trying, be it IVF or natural.

hi How about seeking 2nd opinion from private hospital?

Hi Mich,

U can try seeking opinion frm dr sf loh at tmc or dr tan heng hao at kkh

Hi Mich,

What is the test that u did in sgh that determine you had old eggs?

What is the test that u did in sgh that determine you had old eggs?
I did my 2nd and 3rd IVF cycles with SGH. The embryologist was the one who feedback to the doctor I'm seeing, Dr Yu Su Lin, that my eggs are old. Young eggs are clear, bright, lustrous. Mine are dark, speckled and greyish.

U can try seeking opinion frm dr sf loh at tmc or dr tan heng hao at kkh
I went from KKH to SGH. Have also been to too many doctors in between to seek 2nd opinion. The doctors did say that there's still a chance to get pregnant. BUT.. according to statistics, 40 year old have a 10% success rate. That would be me trying for 10 cycles of IVF to possibly get pregnant once... Not sure how going to sf loh or tan heng hao may help.. esp if it's a case of old eggs.. basically it's just early miscarriages = the embryos is faulty i.e. it does not have the energy to divide because it's old.

esiotrot84,
what is you AMH level?

Suppliments with Q10, PQQ, alpha-lipoic acid, NAC, DHEA can improve eggs quality.

http://natural-fertility-info.com/increase-egg-health
I'm not sure about AMH level but if it's a measure of egg reserve, mine's healthy according to the 2 doctors I've seen and done the test at. Is there a number I should be looking out for?

Even though that said, my response to the ovarian stimulation drug is mild. There was some journal online to say that the reason for that is because of early onset of menopause..

I went from KKH to SGH. Have also been to too many doctors in between to seek 2nd opinion. The doctors did say that there's still a chance to get pregnant. BUT.. according to statistics, 40 year old have a 10% success rate. That would be me trying for 10 cycles of IVF to possibly get pregnant once... Not sure how going to sf loh or tan heng hao may help.. esp if it's a case of old eggs.. basically it's just early miscarriages = the embryos is faulty i.e. it does not have the energy to divide because it's old.

Seek diff doc opinion might help in a certain way? Coz they have diff view also. How abt try taking coq10 supplement? Was told this is good

Hi Mich,

sorry I log in lesser now so I may not respond promptly to posts in the forum.
I was forwarded to another dr for further tests. she didn't do much tests. only found out I hv vitamin D deficiency but it's not too low. still cannot find cause of MCs.
she suggested the following options to me:
1) tweak my protocol to include heparin instead of aspirin
2) PGS on embryos to detect chromosome abnormalities
3) providing extra support (cannot remember what) the moment I'm confirmed bfp
I chose option 3. so now I am back with THH for my next cycle which I scheduled for Mar. btw, the queue is Jan now.

PGS PGD might be an option for you especially since there are trials going on now. I rejected it cause we had tested one embryo and both adults and there are no indications of abnormalities.

you can try consulting Prof Ng Soon Chye of Sincere for I heard from a friend that Sincere has some new lab technology.

I was forwarded to another dr for further tests. she didn't do much tests. only found out I hv vitamin D deficiency but it's not too low. still cannot find cause of MCs.
I chose option 3. so now I am back with THH for my next cycle which I scheduled for Mar. btw, the queue is Jan now.

PGS PGD might be an option for you especially since there are trials going on now. I rejected it cause we had tested one embryo and both adults and there are no indications of abnormalities.

you can try consulting Prof Ng Soon Chye of Sincere for I heard from a friend that Sincere has some new lab technology.

Hi Mich, I will be seeing doc Tan next week for first consultation. Wow ..the que is in Jan now...I wonder wen will I be scheduled for ivf because I haven't done any blood test or hsg test yet

Hi Mich, I will be seeing doc Tan next week for first consultation. Wow ..the que is in Jan now...I wonder wen will I be scheduled for ivf because I haven't done any blood test or hsg test yet

Wont be so fast he will areange various blood test for u to do. N check ur womb, tube, ovary n ur hub de sperm etc...

Wont be so fast he will areange various blood test for u to do. N check ur womb, tube, ovary n ur hub de sperm etc...
HI snow, thank you for your reply. I am looking forward to see Dr next week, but also now a bit scared for doing all the tests, especially hsg test.

Hi all! I've been a silent reader, and now that i've been through my first round of ivf, thought i'd share my experience and hope you kind ladies can help with a query i have :)

i'm currently a subsidized patient in kkh, did my ivf for the first time in sep and failed. period came super painfully during my 2ww.
because i'm under subsidy, my doc changes all the time. i think throughout the whole process i saw 3 diff docs? each time for 2min? even though i wait for abt 2-3hr each time :confused::(
to be honest, i see and talk and get advise from the nurses more than the docs.

eventually the doc who did my ET is Dr Jessie Phoon. i think she did my ER too? but i honestly dunno cos i was knocked out b4 the doc came. prior to the ER, i dun rem the docs that i've seen.

so now i'm jus wondering shd i spend money to upgrade to pte and change to Dr THH? am i also not going to see much of him until ET? can anybody advise?

i'm concurrently seeing doc tan siew bouy for TCM for the past year, and i asked her if the doc matters in ivf, she kinda say not really, but what's impt is who does the ET :(

Now that i've only 2 more chances at kkh, that i can do ivf and get govt grant. i dunno if i shd spend more and go pte within kkh.
I'd greatly appreciate any advise from all of you kind ladies :)

Hi all! I've been a silent reader, and now that i've been through my first round of ivf, thought i'd share my experience and hope you kind ladies can help with a query i have :)

i'm currently a subsidized patient in kkh, did my ivf for the first time in sep and failed. period came super painfully during my 2ww.
because i'm under subsidy, my doc changes all the time. i think throughout the whole process i saw 3 diff docs? each time for 2min? even though i wait for abt 2-3hr each time :confused::(

eventually the doc who did my ET is Dr Jessie Phoon. i think she did my ER too? but i honestly dunno cos i was knocked out b4 the doc came. prior to the ER, i dun rem the docs that i've seen.

so now i'm jus wondering shd i spend money to upgrade to pte and change to Dr THH? am i also not going to see much of him until ET? can anybody advise?

i'm concurrently seeing doc tan siew bouy for TCM for the past year, and i asked her if the doc matters in ivf, she kinda say not really, but what's impt is who does the ET :(

Now that i've only 2 more chances at kkh, that i can do ivf and get govt grant. i dunno if i shd spend more and go pte within kkh.

I was initially a subsidized patient like you. After failing 1 fresh and 1 fet in feb and April 2017 with blast transferred, I decided to change to private seeing dr tan hh as I read up so many good reviews about him. True enough he is very experienced and friendly. He suggested to do endo scratch before my new fresh cycle. Fine tune a different jab and dosage. Even though I transfer 2 d2 embryos which I worry didn't make it, I did managed to get bfp with twins. Currently 8w pregnant

All thanks to dr tan. I just got lucky this round

U will get to see dr tan during ur first consultancy. Once start ivf u wont be able to see him until ER n ET. He will still be the one who give the final decision to ur jabs n so on. There’s a doc at ivf there to tell u when to come n scan n etc... if there’s any issue in ur journey they will still need to consult dr tan. Coz he’s still ur doc. But once u choose dr tan u are consider as private patient.

Further to snow19 reply, there is 1 point to note. If happen Dr Tan is away for holiday during your ER/ ET date, another senior consultant will take over.

I was initially a subsidized patient like you. After failing 1 fresh and 1 fet in feb and April 2017 with blast transferred, I decided to change to private seeing dr tan hh as I read up so many good reviews about him. True enough he is very experienced and friendly. He suggested to do endo scratch before my new fresh cycle. Fine tune a different jab and dosage. Even though I transfer 2 d2 embryos which I worry didn't make it, I did managed to get bfp with twins. Currently 8w pregnant

Wow

Wow congrats! Thats really encouraging news.
I just not sure when is his next avail date. Suppose to see dr for my review after my first failed. I failed in first week of oct, but instead of a review immediately, i only get to see doc 1mth later on 8 nov :confused:o_O

U will get to see dr tan during ur first consultancy. Once start ivf u wont be able to see him until ER n ET. He will still be the one who give the final decision to ur jabs n so on. There’s a doc at ivf there to tell u when to come n scan n etc... if there’s any issue in ur journey they will still need to consult dr tan. Coz he’s still ur doc. But once u choose dr tan u are consider as private patient.

Thank you snow for your response!
I'm just heart pain the cost cos no subsidy... But yet hoping that if can succeed under thh dun need go pte outside can save more too. Sigh....dilemma

Wow

Wow congrats! Thats really encouraging news.
I just not sure when is his next avail date. Suppose to see dr for my review after my first failed. I failed in first week of oct, but instead of a review immediately, i only get to see doc 1mth later on 8 nov :confused:o_O

U can either call hotline or tell the reception there that u wish To change to private under dr tan hh. They will close your case under subsidized and open private for u

U can either call hotline or tell the reception there that u wish To change to private under dr tan hh. They will close your case under subsidized and open private for u

Thank you! hopefully can get to see him in nov, dun wan to wait too long. time is precious!
i'll have to call kkh on mon.

Thanks for sharing. my tcm recommends me to see Dr Angela ho at CAFE, novena specialist centre. She runs the CARE in SGH and is, I've heard, an embryologist who is v experience in ivf protocols. Will go to her on my day 2 to have any necessary tests done so that it's a fruitful trip and update again.

Didn't really want to do PGS because already so few embryos might as well transfer and pray for a miracle rather than test le result in nothing but end up hurtin the embryo. Doc did tell us about the genetic tests for couples too it's not like we could do gene therapy anyway so feel abit no point plus it's really rare.

Let's jia you! :)

I'm not sure about AMH level but if it's a measure of egg reserve, mine's healthy according to the 2 doctors I've seen and done the test at. Is there a number I should be looking out for?

Even though that said, my response to the ovarian stimulation drug is mild. There was some journal online to say that the reason for that is because of early onset of menopause..
btw. found out my AMH is 4.6

Seek diff doc opinion might help in a certain way? Coz they have diff view also. How abt try taking coq10 supplement? Was told this is good
yep. Dr suggested i can take 600mg which I just started doing (200 x 3 times a day), on top of my daily antioxidant, multivitamin and cordecypes. just started taking prenatal supplement too to prep body. and bcoz I've hyperthyroid, I'm also taking vit D, selenium and zinc. so much capsules to swallow...

Totally understand u. I too waited long for this and glad it's a good outcome. All the best to you.

procrastinate and ponder and think...and finally made the call to be pte patient. gonna see THH on 30 nov. omg so long. but blame myself for procrastinating :(

Back