IVF with KKH (Tan HH)

Yes, just go with the flow. How's your lining?

For medicated FET, is it common for ET to be few days away even when lining it ok? This is my first time so still blur blur don't know what will come after the scan and when HL will kick in.
Idealy lining 8mm.But mine 5.8mm still proceed on tho i wd love to cancel initialy.but then dr reg told me trust ur dr.trust god.its not only a matter of gd lining But also gd eggs.so i just proceeded on..

Can i know they gave 3 HL for your fet? Did you asked them to extend the HL or did you extend it with your leave?

Kkh only give 3 days for fet but u can request for full hl 2 weeks but let thh noe.. tats wat i did for my previous fet.. but currently i'm not working so i dun need any hl

Can i know they gave 3 HL for your fet? Did you asked them to extend the HL or did you extend it with your leave?

You can request for longer. But must ask the the doc when he comes in for ET. Will also ask u how many days you want.
Last time I requested for 5 days instead of 3, to rest home till end of week.

You can request for longer. But must ask the the doc when he comes in for ET. Will also ask u how many days you want.
Last time I requested for 5 days instead of 3, to rest home till end of week.
I intend to request for 5 too. 5 still not overboard. How about the insert did u did it before work and after work? Thanks for your advise

i dont
Kkh only give 3 days for fet but u can request for full hl 2 weeks but let thh noe.. tats wat i did for my previous fet.. but currently i'm not working so i dun need any hl
i think the company wont take it if i take another 2 week HL

must be brave to quit. broke lor

I quite fed up wif the co especially the hr manager.. after i tender i feel so relieve.. he go ard telling ppls i do ivf .... he even tell me things like must make my hb go jogging den after tat must make love.. den on my last day of work.. my boss make me apologise to me

I quite fed up wif the co especially the hr manager.. after i tender i feel so relieve.. he go ard telling ppls i do ivf .... he even tell me things like must make my hb go jogging den after tat must make love.. den on my last day of work.. my boss make me apologise to me
That bad your hr manager! I took unpaid leave for half yr for my 2 fresh cycles in 2016. Of coz failed cycle.So once im bck to work i felt pple talking behind my back but i hack care and moved on in life...

Dear ladies

Jus wan to share my experience :

dun care what others say behind our back. Not easy I m also learning not to be affected by politics. yeah utimately the life is ours. We choose how we Wan to lead it. My biggest problem sumtimes also kenna green with envy when I got awards at work. Not easy but tell myself ignore these people.

We do not owe them a living. Must importantly no need to explain or account to them what happen. We do not owe them explaination. What i will do is smile n walk away. Dun let our happiness depends on their behaviour towards us.

Idealy lining 8mm.But mine 5.8mm still proceed on tho i wd love to cancel initialy.but then dr reg told me trust ur dr.trust god.its not only a matter of gd lining But also gd eggs.so i just proceeded on..

Did u bfp with this lining?

Anyone still on Duphaston and needs them? I have leftover and dont mind passing them to you. Collection to be at Punggol/Along NE lines after work hours. Other locations to be discussed at my convenience. First come first serve, please PM me. thanks!

Anyone has a complicated cervix route? Is Dr Tan good with handling such cases?

I have been told by current Dr in NUH that my cervix route is very complicated, hence he has trouble doing my ET (I have failed 2 fresh but not sure is it due to this or other issues). He suggested to do a dilation procedure for me before my next ET.

I am planning to seek Dr Tan for second opinion as i want to do a 3rd fresh cycle and freeze all. But quite nervous because it's my last chance of govt grant. HAIZ...

Wondering if anyone has the same issue as mine and Dr Tan managed to handle it well. Thanks everyone...

Anyone has a complicated cervix route? Is Dr Tan good with handling such cases?

I have been told by current Dr in NUH that my cervix route is very complicated, hence he has trouble doing my ET (I have failed 2 fresh but not sure is it due to this or other issues). He suggested to do a dilation procedure for me before my next ET.

I am planning to seek Dr Tan for second opinion as i want to do a 3rd fresh cycle and freeze all. But quite nervous because it's my last chance of govt grant. HAIZ...

Wondering if anyone has the same issue as mine and Dr Tan managed to handle it well. Thanks everyone...

U can always seek for second opinion

Hi, i have just done embryo transfer today in my first ivf attempt (i hope i dont have to do it again). dr thh told me it is grade 4, which is good. i read on internet other clinics grade is different, grade 1 is best. anyone got a more detailed explanation from kkh on how the grading works? thanks! :)

Hi, i have just done embryo transfer today in my first ivf attempt (i hope i dont have to do it again). dr thh told me it is grade 4, which is good. i read on internet other clinics grade is different, grade 1 is best. anyone got a more detailed explanation from kkh on how the grading works? thanks! :)
Hi, grade 4 is a gd grade for kkh. Grade 5 is the best but the nurse told me it is rare to get grade 5.

Hi, grade 4 is a gd grade for kkh. Grade 5 is the best but the nurse told me it is rare to get grade 5.
yeah but dr tan very busy :p didnt really have time to explain how the grading works.
he didnt encourage blastocyst with my three grade 4 embryos and suggested i do a transfer today. anyone have same experience?

yeah but dr tan very busy :p didnt really have time to explain how the grading works.
he didnt encourage blastocyst with my three grade 4 embryos and suggested i do a transfer today. anyone have same experience?

You can ask about the grading with the embroylogist who comes out after the transfer to tell u the stats of the embryos. The embryologist explains qt clearly one.

And when there are little embryos, Dr Tan would rather trf day 2 than risk having none to transfer as the probability of making it to blastocyst is not high. He will only do so if u have alot of day2 embryos.

He transfer and left shortly for me. The He transfer the best and advise me to transfer 1 blast. I ask the embryologist & nurse the full details of the remaining embryos after the transfer in the ET rooms. Cause you only have 4 embryos that why transfer on day 3. Cause if it is too little, you may endup with no transfer on d5. I had 13 mature egg retrieve, fertilize 10, 6+1 on Day 3, 2 Blast + 2 on Day 5. Transfer 1 and froze 0.

He transfer and left shortly for me. The He transfer the best and advise me to transfer 1 blast. I ask the embryologist & nurse the full details of the remaining embryos after the transfer in the ET rooms. Cause you only have 4 embryos that why transfer on day 3. Cause if it is too little, you may endup with no transfer on d5. I had 13 mature egg retrieve, fertilize 10, 6+1 on Day 3, 2 Blast + 2 on Day 5. Transfer 1 and froze 0.

But end up with no transfer better than transfer a day 2 one right? I always tot blast is better? Any sis to comment on this?

But end up with no transfer better than transfer a day 2 one right? I always tot blast is better? Any sis to comment on this?

There's no right or wrong. Some drs say it's better to nurture in the womb longer than in the lab. Others say it's the same so if it can survive till day 5 then better chances.
Usually dr will not wait till all fail but will call u up to transfer if left only one embryo and / or not growing well.

Based on my personal experience, blast works better for me. But that's provided you have enough embryos to go for blast. Otherwise, Dr Tan HH won't risk it. His reasoning is simple. It's to ''sieve'' out the best and strongest that will survive till day 5. Well, of course you can have the option to just keep transferring the day 2 or day 3 embryos and hope for the best instead of sending all to blast. Ultimately it's your personal choice and comfort level whether you want to take the risk. It can be nerve wrecking to receive the call from the embryologist if the blast works out.

As long as there's an embryo transferred back, there's a possibility of the embryo developing into a baby. There's always a risk waiting for the development to blastocyst and if none of them survive till day 5, then u'll have to go through OPU again. The embryologist will advise based on the quality of the embryo. Must think positive. All the best!

Hi ladies. I am going to start ny fresh cycle end july with dr tan HH... jus thinking if he will discuss w u to put 1 or 2 embryo for the ET? & whether to go for ivf / icsi?

He will also recommend if to send the embryo to blast???

Hi ladies. I am going to start ny fresh cycle end july with dr tan HH... jus thinking if he will discuss w u to put 1 or 2 embryo for the ET? & whether to go for ivf / icsi?

He will also recommend if to send the embryo to blast???

Hi,

Dr Tan will discusss whether to transfer on day 2/3 or blast when u meet him on the ET arranged on Day 2/3. Mine was on day 3 as my OPU was on Friday. Based on the quality and number of the embryos on that day, the embryologist will recommend if it's advisable to go for blastocyst culture and Dr Tan will discuss with you.

As for the number of embryos to transfer, it will be discussed on the day of ET. Usually for blastocyst, he recommends single. But again, it's dependent on the quality. For my first cycle, he recommended single. But for my 2nd cycle, he recommended transferring two although we had agreed earlier on to only transfer one. He said that the quality of the blastocysts that I have are not of the highest grade so it's good to transfer two to increase the chance of success. So don't worry about all these. Just wait for ET day and speak to Dr Tan about it.

As for ivf or icsi, no one discussed with us about it. For my case, it was ICSI and I only knew abt it after the ET.

All the best for your cycle in July!

Now kkh is icsi if not wrong. High success rate. I just follow dr tan recommendation. He discuss with me during d3 to go for blast and transfer 1 on d5 (discuss just b4 transfer).

Hi,

Dr Tan will discusss whether to transfer on day 2/3 or blast when u meet him on the ET arranged on Day 2/3. Mine was on day 3 as my OPU was on Friday. Based on the quality and number of the embryos on that day, the embryologist will recommend if it's advisable to go for blastocyst culture and Dr Tan will discuss with you.

As for the number of embryos to transfer, it will be discussed on the day of ET. Usually for blastocyst, he recommends single. But again, it's dependent on the quality. For my first cycle, he recommended single. But for my 2nd cycle, he recommended transferring two although we had agreed earlier on to only transfer one. He said that the quality of the blastocysts that I have are not of the highest grade so it's good to transfer two to increase the chance of success. So don't worry about all these. Just wait for ET day and speak to Dr Tan about it.

As for ivf or icsi, no one discussed with us about it. For my case, it was ICSI and I only knew abt it after the ET.

All the best for your cycle in July!
Thanks shinkirou ; but if he recommend 1 transfer only, can i request for 2? It will increase the chances

Thanks shinkirou ; but if he recommend 1 transfer only, can i request for 2? It will increase the chances
it's up to discussion. he would hv explained his reasons to recommend 1.
as daledale said, the risk of multiple pregnancy will be higher.
discuss with your hubby beforehand as there isn't much time for you to think & discuss on ET day. plus with full bladder.

it's up to discussion. he would hv explained his reasons to recommend 1.
as daledale said, the risk of multiple pregnancy will be higher.
discuss with your hubby beforehand as there isn't much time for you to think & discuss on ET day. plus with full bladder.
Okay thanks michng & daledale,

Jus worried like during ET is kinda rush to make any decision on the spot..

It's just his recommendation. You can speak to him about your concerns after he shares with u about the pros n cons. Like what the ladies mentioned, it's good to read up about it n then make a decision with ur hb before ET but gotta be flexible about it. For me, we have already made up our mind for single embryo transfer for both cycles. For my first cycle, although we had a single embryo transfer, we were blessed with a baby boy. But since Dr tan n the embryologist recommended transferring 2 for my recent 2nd cycle as the quality isn't as good then we decided to just follow their recommendation that was made based on their professional judgement.

Ultimately the choice is yours. Just that you have to be mentally prepared that it may turn out to be a multiple preg. But I know where you're coming from as I have the same thinking, to boost up my chances and just gimme a baby! Haha.. So have a good thought over it and discuss with your hubby ie blast or no blast; ET 1 or 2. It's true that there isn't much time for you to think there & then at the ET room. Go with your gut feel and don't look back on the decision you made coz there's no right or wrong. Good luck!

Back