If you havent went to slimming ctr pls read!

Victorya Tham

Early this month I visited London Weight Management for a session and thought of sharing my experience in this blog. Before writing more, I want to say I am not overweight. But, after giving birth, I lost my shape. Although I lost my pregnancy weight within a year, I have fat accumulated under my arms, tummy and waist area. So, I thought of trying their first session when I received the free trial offer from Sample Store.

London Weight Management is one of the Singapore weight loss programmes and I selected their Ang Mo Kio outlet for my session.

However, before going for my appointment, I checked actual blog reviews on London Weight Management sessions and I found reviews are both positive and negative. Sometimes, I was on doubt thinking whether I go there or no because it is like most of the review percentage is negative.

Finally I decided to try their first session and experience it by myself.

Here is my experience and review.If you look for recent 2016 London Weight Management Review,then my experience would be helpful for you. Anyway I don’t have many photos, instead of taking photos I enjoyed my weight loss session at London Weight Management.

London Weight Management –Review & My Experience
Treatment Experience
My appointment was scheduled for 4.30pm but I reached there around 4pm because of some other reason. My plan was to wait there till my turn. However, I didn’t have to wait much; a beauty consultant came to me and started her consultation.

First she took my height and weight. Then she explained me how my diet can affect body weight and how she can help reducing the overall weight.

She also explained that their program is focusing only for reducing whole body weight and not for specific areas such as under arm or tummy area. For me it is fine and I wanted to see how this works.

After the beauty consultation, it is time for my first session. She said that will be in 3 procedures.

1. Aroma Steam bath (15 minutes)
  2. Lavender Sea Salt Scrub Treatment
  3. Electrical Muscle Stimulation
For Aroma steam bath, I was provided with a private steam bath cubical. Before that they took me to a room and I changed into a robe given by them.

There are lockers which we can keep our belongings till we complete our treatment. So, we no need to worry about handbag and other such things during the entire session.

I had around 15 minutes steam bath in my own freedom. According to them this steam bath is to open the pores and to better absorbent of the products they use in the next step. ( Lavender Sea Salt Scrub Treatment)

After the steam bath, the consultant gave me the Lavender Sea Salt Scrub Treatment.

After the treatment, she wrapped me in a blanket. As per her it is an infrared warm blanket which helps to eliminate toxins through sweating. She asked me to ring the bell near the bed if I can’t bear the heat.

However, for me it was bearable although I was sweating.

After the entire treatment I had a shower and the beauty consultant measured my weight.

My results are amazing!

Weight just before treatment(in robe) : 51.2 kg

Weight after treatment (in robe) : 50.6 kg

It seems I have lost 600g after the first trial. However at the beginning the consultant told me usually it would be 100-400g loss in initial session. So it seems I have lost more weight than they promised.

She also showed me other measurements such as hip,arms etc.

The Good:

Overall my experience with London Weight Management is good. I like to have another session there as there are no pills, injections or such kind of weight losing methods involved.Aromatic steam bath and lavender scrub are really good way to rejuvenate after tiresome and busy days.

The Bad:

However, there is one negative point that can affect the overall quality of service. The beauty consultant at London Weight Management tried hard selling from the beginning of session even before I start my treatment. Without trying, how do I decide whether I join or not?I also want to see if there are any side effects or not. So, I need time to decide instead of buying right there before seeing actual results.

Yes, I lost weight after a session. But, taking a decision doesn’t only depend on figures.

Finally,

Other than hard selling part, I really like their treatment session and I will go again when I get free time even the price is higher than package rate.

Disclaimer: This review is based on a free trial session which I received through Sample Store.

My London Weight Management Experience [+Giveaway!]

I am not overweight. And it is quite amazing that after 2 kids, and the second one being only 9 months old, I am already back to my pre-pregnancy weight of 54kg and this happened a few months back, thanks to breastfeeding and exercising and post-natal massage. My problem area though is my tummy flabs or fats, that seem to never go away no matter how many crunches and leg raises I do.

When I received an invite to London Weight Management, I was thinking, is what they say true? Will they be able to help me lose inches from my flabby and loose post-pregnancy tummy? Well, why not give it a shot? And so I made an appointment and started my experience there. (Want to receive an invite too? Scroll down to the bottom to see how!)

When I first entered the branch at Ngee Ann City, I was warmly welcomed by their receptionist. She knew I was new there and immediately went about making me feel comfortable and brought me into the consultation room to register. My height and weight were taken too.

img_7475.jpg

Later on I was paired with a London Weight Management consultant. My consultant was Jolene. Jolene was very warm too and made sure I felt comfortable all the time. After being asked about my family history, medical history and some eating habits, Jolene told me to remove all my clothes, leaving only my undergarments so she could take some body measurements and photos. It was my first time at a weight management centre and I had no idea what to expect and I was very tense especially at that moment. Jolene though, was very reassuring and assured me that no one else would see the photos and my body as well throughout the entire process. She would be the one whom I will meet at every session and she will be the one walking me through every single process. She is not a sales person who just speaks to me but she will also be the one to put me through all the procedures. She was right about this.

img_7476.jpg

Consultation Room at London Weight Management

After the body measurements were taken, I was explained on the procedures that I would be going through, mainly for my problem area, which obviously is my tummy area. She mentioned that after I have finished all my sessions with them, I would have lost water retention and excess fats in my tummy area, and even have it toned. She even mentioned that my stretch marks will fade. Really? This was an unexpected bonus! Being a science person, I was impressed by how scientific all the procedures are. In summary and from what I can remember, we will start off with an Aroma Steambath to open up the pores, Lavender Sea Salt rub-in followed by a Infrared warm blanket treatment which works by the process of Osmosis (I remember this from my Secondary School Science!) and removes toxins and water retention from the body. After that fat-burning ampoules will be applied and these have small molecules for faster absorption. Lastly will be the Electric Waves process. For more info on their treatments, you can click here.

After being explained all these, it was time to begin! I was brought to a room to change into paper undies and their robe, and brought to their lockers to put my clothes and belongings. I changed into their slippers too. I was worried the slippers would be old and gross with so many people wearing them but no, they looked and felt almost new!

img_7480.jpg

The lockers are not very big so try not to bring big stuffs. There are many lockers though, so if you do have more items, you probably can just take up 2 lockers. I was there at a non-peak timing and there are already 10-12 lockers being used up. I’m sure they are able to work something out for you if you need to store larger items. So here is a gauge of how large the locker is. A Takashimaya small paper bag (I love their Christmas designs!), and my Jujube Be Quick.
1f642.png
img_01391.jpg

I was quite nervous for a first timer. And I was worried that I would not be able to take the heat in the steam bath and the blanket. For the steam bath, I was given a cold towel to help me breathe better. And surprisingly I adapted and it get easier to breathe inside. Jolene came by halfway to check on how I was doing though. I really appreciated that.
img_01401.jpg

Similarly for the blanket, after dimming the lights and letting me rest, she would pop in once in a while to check if I was coping well. I felt quite uncomfortable so she took my arms out of the blanket and that felt so much better! The electric waves one needed some getting used to. She started me on a lower current as I was totally not used to that. It even felt a bit stinging initially but that feeling didn’t last more than 30 seconds and I got used to it very fast. She came in halfway to ask if she could increase the current and I agreed. The consultants are very accommodating to you and they want to make your experience there a good one.
1f642.png
It helps as well that in EVERY single room, there is this help button in case you needed to adjust anything.
img_7481.jpg

I was hungry halfway through the process and I was lucky Jolene asked me if I wanted to have a cereal drink. I was pleasantly surprised and more than happy to accept it. I chose the chocolate flavour and it really tasted like hot chocolate! The cereal is one of their products that they have researched on to help people manage their weight. Their most famous product though is their coffee but Jolene was very thoughtful and said that as I am still breastfeeding, better not to take their coffee, even though there is no caffeine content in it.

img_7482.jpg

After the IR Blanket treatment, you would be able to have a shower at their shower facilities. Shower gel, shampoo, Conditioner is provided. Towels as well of course. You can also blow dry your hair. It is really like a clubhouse. Yes, there is hot water!
1f642.png

img_01411.jpg

After all the treatments are done for the day, Jolene took my weight again.

Since it was my first session there, my consultant Jolene gave me a quick debrief on an ideal meal plan. This meal plan is nothing new and is what HPB recommends. Their campaign for this is called “My Healthy Plate“. It is not about eating less. But about eating more healthily. Jolene also gave me a couple of small booklets to record my meals in so she could better advice me on my intake of food in the next few sessions.

img_7485.jpg

To end of the day, I was given another glass of water to drink. This is probably about the 3rd of 4th glass of water they offered to me. Do not be afraid to ask for more water if you are thirsty!
1f642.png

img_01441.jpg

During the past few months, I gained quite a bit of weight and looked significantly chubbier on my chin area and flabby on my arms. I am sure you all noticed on my recent photos right? I have been trying to eat less but sometimes it is just so hard to control! I drink at least 1 cup of ice milk tea every weekday and I know how fattening that can be. Gotta try getting rid of my cravings!

So anyway, when London Weight Management invited me to try their treatment, of course I said yes!

London Weight Management was established in 2000 and awarded the Best Beauty & Weight Loss Provider by AsiaOne People's Choice Awards in 2013, Best Body Weight Management by CozyCot Holy Grail Beauty Awards 2011 and many more. . Their weight management solutions has been extremely well-received by ladies facing weight issues and I am sure you have seen their ads with real women testifying the results!

I went to the latest new outlet at NEX, which is also the 11th. The other outlets are prominently located around the island at Novena Square, Ang Mo Kio Jubilee, Ngee Ann City, Singapore Post Centre, Tampines One, Clement Mall, Tiong Bahru Plaza, Woodlands Civic Centre and Yew Tee Point.

12881780913_d0816db1c2_o.jpg

First, they took my height and weight to find out if I'm in the healthy weight range!

Afterwards was a one-on-one consultation and detailed body analysis to find out my problem areas & the severity of my weight problem. I was told that each customer will be assigned to one professionally trained consultant and she will be there for you throughout the whole treatment package.

I think this is a very good arrangement as you can be sure your consultants understands you best and it makes everything much more comfortable than if a different consultant serves you at every different appointment.

Another good thing is, every slimming programme at London is customized based on each individual customer’s weight problems, lifestyle and eating habits and by having an exclusive consultant, the weight loss progress can also be monitored carefully so that appropriate treatment adjustments can be implemented accordingly to ensure ideal results are achieved. So my consultant customised a treatment for me based on my problem areas and I'm ready to start!

12882108484_e9af038ef2_o.jpg

I tried out their Signature Slimming Treatment, the Lavender Lipo Therapy.

Firstly, I had the Lavender Sea Salt Therapy where I just sat in a steam room to open the pores on my skin for better absorbency, then they scrubbed the treatment on me and I laid under the warm blanket for awhile. My consultant told me that this can help to:
• Remove dead skin cells
• Reduce water retention
• Increase metabolic rate

Next was the Electrical Muscle Stimulation. For this, I just had to lie on a bed while the machine presses on my targeted areas. My consultant told me that this:
• Helps body to build lean muscle mass
• Quickens the body’s metabolism
• Stimulates up to 24 hours of fat burning
It supposedly achieves the same results as doing exercise. What an awesome creation for lazy people like me! Haha.

12882107784_2bf2ce3021_o.jpg

12881762135_7a4bcab3f4_o.jpg

One of my main concerns was how safe and painless the treatments are.

So I felt assured when I was told that the safe and easy solutions at London Weight Management uses 100% natural botanical products and specialized slimming equipment with no side-effects, and lasting results with a guarantee of 8-22cm total body loss and up to 2kg in just 1 session! At the end my first session I lost 11.5cm and 500g! What I love is that no surgery, no injection and no pills required! Of course, for significant results you will have to do consistent treatments till you reach your desired weight! I learnt from the consultant about how and why when you are thin it's difficult to get fat but once you are slightly fat, weight gain becomes rapid. I find it so true!

Some weight issues faced by women which London Weight Management can solve easily, without the need to go through starvation, gruelling diets or rigorous exercise regimes that are difficult to maintain:

• Overall Weight Gain
• Post-natal Weight Gain
• Bulging Tummy
• Flabby Arms
• Bulky "Thunder" Thighs
• Sagging Buttocks
• Cellulite / Stretch Marks
• Water Retention / Toxins

but didn't they just went on the news for something that wasn't very ethical?

Actually, the case has been resolved.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/woman-85-settles-suit-with-london-weight-management-over-400000-slimming-package

They have opened up to refund the 85 year old lady the unused portion of the package amounting to $43,408.15 out of goodwill.

Apparently, Madam Gan's family declared only that she had diabetes and did not disclosure any other medical history. Therefore they cannot be held responsible for any injuries resulting from the non-disclosure right?

They said in court that they had advised her to seek medical advice on the suitability of its treatment and products and told her that successful weight loss depended on a balanced diet and regular exercise.

So there you go, I honestly think the woman wasn't being fair in her claim. If she were serious about her health and wellbeing, why not consider liposuction or gastric bypass like normal people? Why must she seek these kind of treatments?

Is vanity, despite old age, the problem here? One must wonder.

i dont think any doctor in the right mind would perform lipo or gastric bypass on an 85 year old.. and neither should slimming centers. I guess we really gotta be careful when it comes to choosing the centers :)

i dont think any doctor in the right mind would perform lipo or gastric bypass on an 85 year old.. and neither should slimming centers. I guess we really gotta be careful when it comes to choosing the centers :)

that's true... it's common sense not to do so, isn't it? i guess when going to slimming centers, we shouldn't just be going to those that advertise a lot. we should do our own research too!

agree with you jenny! that's why although it took me awhile to settle on a slimming center, i managed to find one that is really good and stayed with it.

i like how we can do trials at a discounted rate at SHOU, sometimes even for free! this way, i get to know if the treatments really work, and if i like it. at least if i dont, i dont lose much money!

yea! i love going for their trials! i saw on their fb page that they're having a roadshow at novena square! you may want to check it out :)

are you girls talking about SHOU? i love their trials too! I visited their roadshow after work yesterday! They were having quite a few first trial promos! I signed myself up for the LPG Endermologie trial for $69! :D

are you girls talking about SHOU? i love their trials too! I visited their roadshow after work yesterday! They were having quite a few first trial promos! I signed myself up for the LPG Endermologie trial for $69! :D

yes, we're referring to SHOU! how was the treatment? did you like it? i have yet to try that myself!

Hi All,

Anybody interested to purchase london weight management coffee packets used for slimming in discounted price ?

Selling it as i am currently pregnant and cant consume it.

Planning to transfer the lwm treatments currently pending with me as i am pregnant now and also due to relocation. 25 boxes of Coffees are sold already in half price.
Treatment includes
Reborn therapy : 5 sessions
Body scrub : 10 sessions
Body wraps : 11 sessions

Planning to give this off in extremely discounted price than the orginal price .. if someone is planning take up treatment with lwm please consider this as you may get a good deal.. ping me on 97983454 if interested.

Thanks !

Or if someone is planning to just give a try.. then you can try this transfer of treatment as i am giving it in discounted price ..

Planning to transfer the lwm treatments currently pending with me as i am pregnant now and also due to relocation. 25 boxes of Coffees are sold already in half price.
Treatment includes
Reborn therapy : 5 sessions
Body scrub : 10 sessions
Body wraps : 11 sessions

Planning to give this off in extremely discounted price than the orginal price .. if someone is planning take up treatment with lwm please consider this as you may get a good deal.. ping me on 97983454 if interested.

Thanks !

how was your treatment at London Weight management?

hahaha! that's the aim of the treatment, isn't it? a fit bod without having to lift a finger!

yes! absolutely! it is even more effective when you drink coffee svelte! i have had to revamp my wardrobe since i joined SHOU! more than happy to spend money on shopping for clothes with my new body!

yes! absolutely! it is even more effective when you drink coffee svelte! i have had to revamp my wardrobe since i joined SHOU! more than happy to spend money on shopping for clothes with my new body!

yes! especially online shopping! i used to not like it because i couldnt fit, but it's an entirely different story now :)

Oh.. we used to use healthier way to lose weight which is very effective too.. we gain health and lose weight at the same time esp for those with diabetes issues..

We still eat every meal and exercise of 20mins per day.. (some only do 10mins but still lose a lot of weight)

We do have 21days programmes and 12weeks programmes etc with only cost us less than S$1,000 (guarantee no extra cost)...

Who interested to know more can pm me..

I recently introduced my friend to SHOU. She's getting very good results! I'm so excited to see her transformation!

wow thats so nice! it's awesome isn't it, being able to help a friend! it's nice to have a friend to go treatments with too! it's more motivating that way!

wow thats so nice! it's awesome isn't it, being able to help a friend! it's nice to have a friend to go treatments with too! it's more motivating that way!

oh yes! it really is mutual! we motivate each other! while diet and treatments are what helps with weight loss, motivation is the key too!

oh yes! it really is mutual! we motivate each other! while diet and treatments are what helps with weight loss, motivation is the key too!

that's so true! without motivation and determination, these treatments will just be treatments! one needs to have the correct mindset too when it comes to weight loss!

that's so true! without motivation and determination, these treatments will just be treatments! one needs to have the correct mindset too when it comes to weight loss!

yes, i agree! and now that CNY is round the corner, that is my motivation to go for treatments more diligently!

Yes agreed too, I lose down 3kg in 21days although detox is my main goal instead of slimming down :D

Understand from my friend that Trim Tea is very good in slimming down, it was clinical tested and highly recommneded by certified nutritionist...

Yes agreed too, I lose down 3kg in 21days although detox is my main goal instead of slimming down :D

Understand from my friend that Trim Tea is very good in slimming down, it was clinical tested and highly recommneded by certified nutritionist...

hey there! what is trim tea and how does it work? i'm personally more careful about taking anything orally when it comes to slimming down, except coffee svelte, because i understand the product. care to share?

hey there! what is trim tea and how does it work? i'm personally more careful about taking anything orally when it comes to slimming down, except coffee svelte, because i understand the product. care to share?

Here is the link for you to read
https://global.shop.com/us/en/product/tls-trim-tea/?id=5797628&idType=product

And here are the comments for the trim tea
https://www.tlsslim.com/product/tls-trim-tea/

I’m collating order to save shipping cost, let me know if interested or let me know if further explanation needed k

Last edited:

Back