IVF/ICSI Support Group

Don't mind sharing, how was your lining this time compared to previous?
Actually i myself also don't know it's due to the tcm meds/acupuncture or the new stims drug that resulted in quite good thickness of lining that grew pretty fast. This is my 2nd fresh and i was given gonal f (1st round was puregon), accompanied by acupuncture/tcm meds everyday and i had 7.8mm lining by day 8 of stims (roughly CD11/12). Currently while I'm waiting for my lining to grow for my upcoming fet, i was quite disappointed that my lining was read as only 5.6mm yesterday (roughly CD12/13). This time i only did acupuncture for every 3 days, seriously I'm not sure whether it's the cause.

Actually i myself also don't know it's due to the tcm meds/acupuncture or the new stims drug that resulted in quite good thickness of lining that grew pretty fast. This is my 2nd fresh and i was given gonal f (1st round was puregon), accompanied by acupuncture/tcm meds everyday and i had 7.8mm lining by day 8 of stims (roughly CD11/12). Currently while I'm waiting for my lining to grow for my upcoming fet, i was quite disappointed that my lining was read as only 5.6mm yesterday (roughly CD12/13). This time i only did acupuncture for every 3 days, seriously I'm not sure whether it's the cause.

Maybe u can try red bean soup for lining.

Red bean soup has good feedback helps in lining. Try drink daily and see how yr tcm can help you. =)

I did accunputure throughout my IVF including the 2ww (twice after transfer, once before transfer) with dr Zou and had a BFP in Feb cycle.

Hi Lapin. Yea I remember u told me. U mentioned u did not take any herb powder throughout the IVF from stimulation right?

Are u on fet cycle this month? I went for scan yesterday too. CD12 lining 8.8 triple. I always have triple lining over 8 for my cycles but still bfn. Also don't know what is the cause.

For first fresh, I took tcm medicine and acupuncture yet bfn. Took red bean soup and eggs. This fet I took red bean soup, eggs and red dates drink. I will stop tcm and rest at home rather than moving around like what I did in fresh cycle. Or else the next fresh cycle will be in sep. A long wait

Is Dr zou yu min ?

Yup, that's correct. Just her acupuncture alone (without herbs), and also taking red bean soup and Brazil nuts (all just focus on lining) during stimulation plus prob some effects too from the stimulation jabs, my lining was surprising thick - 9.8mm by 5 days of stimulation (twice accunputure), 10.5mm by 7-day of stimulation (3rd time accunputure) and final scan at 11.8mm (4th accunputure before ER).

Hi Lapin. Yea I remember u told me. U mentioned u did not take any herb powder throughout the IVF from stimulation right?

Yes that's right. I only did acupuncture without herbs during IVF. The herbs I took for 1 year and stoped during IVF cycle cos jabbing is too much torture already. All the best for u! Hope all been going well for you:)

1st fresh took tcm. BFN.
then i stoppped tcm and went for 1st fet from this batch of embryos also bfn.
2nd fresh did not take tcm. bfn.
2nd FET started tcm with Dr Zou. had chemical pregnancy
so I believe tcm with Dr Zou helped me since there was an improvement.
But the embryos from this fet was when I did not take tcm.
So that's why I am in a dilemma as to whether to take the medication during stimulation.
Will definietely continue accupuncture during my 3rd fresh, but not sure about the medication.

Any advice from sisters who tried with and without tcm for previous cycles?

Tried TCM with first fresh, BFN.

Now 2nd fresh 2ww, i totally didn't do TCM (for $ reasons). Let's see the results next week...

So for this fet, you only doing acupuncture and no med?
I also did puregon for 1st fresh and gonal f for 2nd fresh. both times, lining barely reached 8mm.
for my last fet, with tcm med and acupuncture, lining only reached 7.5mm.
i spammed red bean soup after that. do consider trying that. hopefully it will help you =)

Yup, that's correct. Just her acupuncture alone (without herbs), and also taking red bean soup and Brazil nuts (all just focus on lining) during stimulation plus prob some effects too from the stimulation jabs, my lining was surprising thick - 9.8mm by 5 days of stimulation (twice accunputure), 10.5mm by 7-day of stimulation (3rd time accunputure) and final scan at 11.8mm (4th accunputure before ER).

Brazil beans is to be taken during stimulation too? I thought it was to be taken only after ET?
And you did not take Dr Zou herbs throughout the whole ivf duration or only during stimulation and continued the meds after et?

Thanks for ur reply sister. But I am going to do FET , Dr Yeong 's practice is to do FET and try to transfer D5 embries.

Brazil beans is to be taken during stimulation too? I thought it was to be taken only after ET?
And you did not take Dr Zou herbs throughout the whole ivf duration or only during stimulation and continued the meds after et?

Brazilian nuts have loads of selenium which aids implantation. You can eat a few seeds daily after your embyro transfer. Do note that over consumption of brazil nuts can cause heatiness so just eat in moderation.

I'm so glad to find this supporter group! I got my bfp with 1 blastocyst transfer on my 1st fresh cycle last Nov which unfortunately miscarriage at 8 weeks due to no hearbeat. I had OHSS during that cycle.

Sadly my recent FET 2 weeks ago has resulted in a BFN. I transferred 2 blastocysts of which one of them was already a hatching blast. My lining was 9.8mm triple. Everything seems so promising.

During my 1st successful fresh cycle, beside the pre-natal vitamins, Vitamin C and folic acid, all I did was only a total of 3 sessions of accupunture (1 day before transfer, a day after transfer followed by 1 more session 2 days later, and religiously drinking chicken essence, red dates longan tea and Brazil nuts.

For my failed FET cycle, I increased my acupuncture to twice a week for 1 month followed by a session on the day of transfer then 2 days later. I also added Vitamin D (aid implantation), Metformin (for my PCOS) and Asprin to reduce miscarriage as well as 3 sessions of Intralipid infusion. I did all I can hoping to make things work. I really do not know if I am overdoing every little steps.

It's been 3 days since I stop my progesterone insert but the menses still has not arrived. Anyone experience this?

Hope that this episode will come to a closure soon so that I can move on to start my next FET.

Last edited:
I'm so glad to find this supporter group! I got my bfp with 1 blastocyst transfer on my 1st fresh cycle last Nov which unfortunately miscarriage at 8 weeks due to no hearbeat. I had OHSS during that cycle.

Sadly my recent FET 2 weeks ago has resulted in a BFN. I transferred 2 blastocysts of which one of them was already a hatching blast. My lining was 9.8mm triple. Everything seems so promising.

During my 1st successful fresh cycle, beside the pre-natal vitamins, Vitamin C and folic acid, all I did was only a total of 3 sessions of accupunture (1 day before transfer, a day after transfer followed by 1 more session 2 days later, and religiously drinking chicken essence, red dates longan tea and Brazil nuts.

For my failed FET cycle, I increased my acupuncture to twice a week for 1 month followed by a session on the day of transfer then 2 days later. I also added Vitamin D (aid implantation), Metformin (for my PCOS) and Asprin to reduce miscarriage as well as 3 sessions of Intralipid infusion. I did all I can hoping to make things work. I really do not know if I am overdoing every little steps.

It's been 3 days since I stop my progesterone insert but the menses still has not arrived. Anyone experience this?

Hope that this episode will come to a closure soon so that I can move on to start my next FET.

May I know which doctor you are with?

Brazil nuts and red bean soup can be taken both before & after ET. I didnt take the herbs for whole IVF cycle, only did accuptunure throughout IVF. I only resume herbs - but it's Ang Tai Med after BPF blood test. All the best!

Brazilian nuts have loads of selenium which aids implantation. You can eat a few seeds daily after your embyro transfer. Do note that over consumption of brazil nuts can cause heatiness so just eat in moderation.

Brazil nuts and red bean soup can be taken both before & after ET. I didnt take the herbs for whole IVF cycle, only did accuptunure throughout IVF. I only resume herbs - but it's Ang Tai Med after BPF blood test. All the best!

Thank you for the info =)

Today is my 7th day of embryo transfer, but my progesterone level is 25, which consider low according to doctor.

Anyone has any idea any food can increase the progesterone level ?

Hi all,

Can i ask if anyone knows why is mercilon (birth control) pill given before fet cycle starts? What is the purpose of the birth control pill? Not very comfortable with taking it heard will decrease response to future stimulants. Can just take prognova?

Hi all,

Can i ask if anyone knows why is mercilon (birth control) pill given before fet cycle starts? What is the purpose of the birth control pill? Not very comfortable with taking it heard will decrease response to future stimulants. Can just take prognova?
I suggest you listen and take it in an open mind... Going through ivf most importantly no doubt no stress no worry... And possible don't ask... Doc has planned for you... They don't anyhow prescribed medicine to us...

I suggest you listen and take it in an open mind... Going through ivf most importantly no doubt no stress no worry... And possible don't ask... Doc has planned for you... They don't anyhow prescribed medicine to us...
Thanks not that i dont trust the doctor just want to know more of its use and hear from the experience of the ladies. I mean that is the purpose of the forum to share info.To me not knowing much cause more stress :)

Only 5 follicles can be seen at day 6 stim , does it mean I low response to the med? Thinking should I cancel the cycle or not ? Some more they want to cultivate the embryies to D5, the. Frozen after that to do FET, really worry about it

Hi all,

No idea. I wasn't prescribed mercilon, just prognova. R u from Kkh nuh or private?

Only 5 follicles can be seen at day 6 stim , does it mean I low response to the med? Thinking should I cancel the cycle or not ? Some more they want to cultivate the embryies to D5, the. Frozen after that to do FET, really worry about it

Number seems alright. I had around the same number on d6 also. Follicles will still continue to grow and you will know the number of follicles and eggs on day of ER

Yup thats what Prof wong suggested but i only have one frozen embie so decided to just go for fresh next round. Actually expected my cycle will be hay wired after all e jabs but prof said wldnt affect. Asked him if any med to help ovulation he said no only lining. Actually i quite confused about e purpose of medicated cycle and why no med to help ovulation for fet but didnt dare ask cause prof already impatient when i asked my first question and raised his voice and snap back at me. Feel horrible enough tt i cannot go for my fet and then get such impatient treatment nearly brokedown while getting out of his office. Its already a very tiring journey and all you need is just some clarification but its seem so tough to get from some docs.

Don't feel bad or unhappy about that. Prof is very reasonable most of the time. He was invited back to NUH from private to head this ivf clinic, so to a certain extent he has some pride and authority in this field. I guess when you are so high up there, you probably will feel the advice you provide is what is the best interest for the patient. People at his status might not like being challenged. Usually when you still have one frozen one logically they will want you to do the FET, unless this fail then the next step is another fresh cycle. The purpose is also to discourage multiple births because it come with more risk. Also probably you didn't follow him through hence the rapport wasn't there. If you're more familiar and comfortable with Dr Chew then see him again and see if he agrees for you to start fresh or he prefers you to do a FET. Generally for FET the purpose is to build lining to receive your embryo if you are doing medicated cycle, if you do a natural cycle, the rationale is only you can ovulate by yourself, more unpredictable if you didn't ovulate that month.

Yah first time he did this i thought its just a bad day. Second round he did this also I think its just his attitude. He was fine during first appt after that 2nd and 3rd appt....he was like on some pms mode. Maybe thats the way he communicates but it doesnt suit me..if i continue on to see him one day i will snap back at him and that wldnt b nice.

I have failed 4 iuis and 1 ivf and trying very hard to walk strong now. Hope my next cycle will be fine.

I also failed 3 iui and my first ivf I didn't get to transfer because I might develop OHSS. The first FET also failed then I took 3 months to do acupuncture and TCM medicine. You might want to consider this option while waiting for next cycle. I was skeptical and not true believer of it in the beginning.

Don't feel bad or unhappy about that. Prof is very reasonable most of the time. He was invited back to NUH from private to head this ivf clinic, so to a certain extent he has some pride and authority in this field. I guess when you are so high up there, you probably will feel the advice you provide is what is the best interest for the patient. People at his status might not like being challenged. Usually when you still have one frozen one logically they will want you to do the FET, unless this fail then the next step is another fresh cycle. The purpose is also to discourage multiple births because it come with more risk. Also probably you didn't follow him through hence the rapport wasn't there. If you're more familiar and comfortable with Dr Chew then see him again and see if he agrees for you to start fresh or he prefers you to do a FET. Generally for FET the purpose is to build lining to receive your embryo if you are doing medicated cycle, if you do a natural cycle, the rationale is only you can ovulate by yourself, more unpredictable if you didn't ovulate that month.
Thanks no worries i am ok now that happened quite sometime. I have chosen to see prof that time as dr chew may be away if i go for fet. Anyway maybe i not use to prof style he is a straight forward doc.

Do you feel now Prof is now more friendly?? Back in 2012 I remembered him as quiet and won't talk or greet much... This year he even start a small talk and ask how am I haaaaa

Ladies from kkh anyone did Et alone without presence of husband? Or have anyone suggest to dr to do Et on Saturday instead after maximal lining achieve due to special timing needed?

Ladies from kkh anyone did Et alone without presence of husband? Or have anyone suggest to dr to do Et on Saturday instead after maximal lining achieve due to special timing needed?
I did without husband's presence, although they strongly encourage husbands to sit in the procedure. It was smooth and quick.

Last edited:

Still early dont worry. I had sudden increase in folicles from 7 to 19 follicles on my 3rd scan. And eventually retrieve 13 egg, fertilizer 10.

ET very fast and easy. Thou they encourage hubby to be there. It is perfectly ok to go alone too.

I did without husband's presence, although they strongly encourage husbands to sit in the procedure. It was smooth and quick.
Thanks for the reply...i did Et before for my failed 1st 2 fresh.Now goin for 1st Fet..And unfortunately huby canot come due to having lectures tutorial all..cannot skip due to attendance tingy...

Still early dont worry. I had sudden increase in folicles from 7 to 19 follicles on my 3rd scan. And eventually retrieve 13 egg, fertilizer 10.
Thanks for your reply sister . Just feel like that if only 5 follicles , no point to spend another more than $15 for ER. Thinking if need to cancel the cycle

Help help ladies!

Want to ask those who have went through medicated fet. I was supposed to have my et next Tuesday afternoon. But due to a miscommunication mistake from the nurse, I took the duphaston in the morning instead of at night. The doc called me n to my horror, he said the timing is off and asked me to cancel the cycle. I blew up and after which he told me he can continue but need to change the timing of the et to morning instead.

Want to check is the timing of taking duphaston that crucial? I googled but none of the sites expressed that precise a timing of the meds. So need some advise from those who has done medicated FET. I rem for KKH the wait for et can be a few hours so it was never that precise to begin with. I am with private now.

Help help ladies!

Want to ask those who have went through medicated fet. I was supposed to have my et next Tuesday afternoon. But due to a miscommunication mistake from the nurse, I took the duphaston in the morning instead of at night. The doc called me n to my horror, he said the timing is off and asked me to cancel the cycle. I blew up and after which he told me he can continue but need to change the timing of the et to morning instead.

Want to check is the timing of taking duphaston that crucial? I googled but none of the sites expressed that precise a timing of the meds. So need some advise from those who has done medicated FET. I rem for KKH the wait for et can be a few hours so it was never that precise to begin with. I am with private now.

FYI, my doctor ask me to take 1 tab 8 hourly, so I eat it at 7am, 3pm and 11pm. I strictly follow the timing and set an alarm in my phone to remind me.

FYI, my doctor ask me to take 1 tab 8 hourly, so I eat it at 7am, 3pm and 11pm. I strictly follow the timing and set an alarm in my phone to remind me.

Can I check what time u started the duphaston and what time is your et? Ya the duphaston is 3x a day to be spread out. But the starting time I read should be the day 16 or 3 days before the et but none said if the trf time is afternoon then pill taken at night.

Dr Chew is now the head of CHR NUH... not sure why Prof step down. Maybe that's why his mood not so good that day?

Back