IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi ladies. Can someone share with me your experience. I have some pink discharge this morning. But I am already in 9dp3dt. Isn't it too late for implantation to take place? I am having slight cramp too. I wonder is the spotting a sign of my AF coming :(

I have got a call from the embryologist today.

My ER is on 6/4/17. They told me that I have:

6/4/17 -retrieved 22 eggs,
7/4/17- out of 22 eggs 17 were injected with sperm via ICSI
8/4/17- 14 were fertilized via ICSI
10/4/17- 5 only became blastocyst , the rest were degenerated and discarded
12/4/17- Today only 2 of them able to surivive as Blastocyst via the freezing. 1 of them is fully expanded and 1 of them is medium expanded.

Asked where did the rest of the embryos went to? They said it was discharged as they were degenerating.

In my heart, I was thinking if it is a good choice to put it as blastocyst as I didn't choose to freeze it as D2 or blastocyst.

I really hope the D2 will be able to become my bb.

What will happen if we only left 1 embryo, will doc advise us to do ER again?

Does blastocyst stands a higher chance of becoming a baby?

The embryologist told me D2 embryo is not as strong as blastocyst.

I'm so worry now and really hope I will get a baby and another baby in future.

22 eggs but now only left 2 blastocysts, is the result pathetic?

Embryologist told me the frozen blastocyst will survive 90% of thawing process. May I know do u wait for next menses to do FET or wait another month to do FET?

Hi Jill,
I feel blast has a higher survival rate. May I ask if your blast is freeze on D5,6 or 7? Mine was freeze at D6 and D7 but I read and said the survival rate for D7 blast is lower.

Hi Jill,
I feel blast has a higher survival rate. May I ask if your blast is freeze on D5,6 or 7? Mine was freeze at D6 and D7 but I read and said the survival rate for D7 blast is lower.

Mine was 1 at D5 and 1 at D6. The embryologist told me that 1 is good grade (fully expanded) and the other one is average grade (medium expanded).

I suspect the good grade (fully expanded) was the 25mm follicle.

My AF just came today which is 10 days earlier than my usual AF cycle. Will be going for Natural FET in May.

Mine was 1 at D5 and 1 at D6. The embryologist told me that 1 is good grade (fully expanded) and the other one is average grade (medium expanded).

I suspect the good grade (fully expanded) was the 25mm follicle.

My AF just came today which is 10 days earlier than my usual AF cycle. Will be going for Natural FET in May.

That's good. Strange KKH told me they don't grade blast only can survive or cannot survive.

That's good. Strange KKH told me they don't grade blast only can survive or cannot survive.

Ya at first she didn't told me the grade. Only told me if it is fully expanded or medium expanded, did they told u too? So I saw people saying that u have to ask them about the grade. Then she told me the fully expanded one is good and the one is average.

Ya at first she didn't told me the grade. Only told me if it is fully expanded or medium expanded, did they told u too? So I saw people saying that u have to ask them about the grade. Then she told me the fully expanded one is good and the one is average.

I attempted to ask again on the grading on BT day, the answer which I got is the same as ET day.... no grading ...

I have got a call from the embryologist today.

My ER is on 6/4/17. They told me that I have:

6/4/17 -retrieved 22 eggs,
7/4/17- out of 22 eggs 17 were injected with sperm via ICSI
8/4/17- 14 were fertilized via ICSI
10/4/17- 5 only became blastocyst , the rest were degenerated and discarded
12/4/17- Today only 2 of them able to surivive as Blastocyst via the freezing. 1 of them is fully expanded and 1 of them is medium expanded.

Asked where did the rest of the embryos went to? They said it was discharged as they were degenerating.

In my heart, I was thinking if it is a good choice to put it as blastocyst as I didn't choose to freeze it as D2 or blastocyst.

I really hope the D2 will be able to become my bb.

What will happen if we only left 1 embryo, will doc advise us to do ER again?

Does blastocyst stands a higher chance of becoming a baby?

The embryologist told me D2 embryo is not as strong as blastocyst.

I'm so worry now and really hope I will get a baby and another baby in future.

22 eggs but now only left 2 blastocysts, is the result pathetic?

Embryologist told me the frozen blastocyst will survive 90% of thawing process. May I know do u wait for next menses to do FET or wait another month to do FET?

Blastocyst some believe is the survival of the fittest - basically rules out the weaker embryos hence it increases the success rate. But there are also some doc that thinks our womb is the best place for embryos hence no need to wait to blastocyst. I'm a believer of blastocyst myself, but it's real heartache indeed becos getting to blastocyst the mean statistics is expect about 50% sacrificed rate of the total number of good grade day 3 embryos - that's what I read from a lot the online reports and kinda also verified this stats with my embryologist. Did they tell u the grading of grade 3 embryos?

For myself, I had 7 eggs retrieved, all 7 fertilized via ICSI
Day 2 - all 7 embryos (no grading)
Day 3 - it was 5 good quality embryo (top 2 grades) and 2 slow (5+2)
Day 4 - (shocked): became only 2 good grade embryo, 5 slow (2+5),
Day 5 of transfer - I only had 1 blastocyst (thankfully grade BA - above average) ready for transfer - this is my bb now in wk6 plus, 6 became slow growth
Day 6 - of the remaining 6 only 3 made it to blastocyst ( 2 grade BB & 1 grade CC), the other 3 were discarded - growth slow. Best grade for blastocyst is AA (super rare).

Together with the one I transfer, the good blastocyst is about 50% of the 5 good embryos I was told on day 3. I insisted on freezing the CC blastocyst (poor grade), though embryologist said it's not likely to surivie dethaw - sgh policy was they will only freeze grade B and above blastocyst. So while they froze for me that CC, they told me future bb hopes are better with my 2 BB blastocyst that are frozen - of this 2, I was recently told one is fully expanded and one is moderate expansion. I did ask my doc about dethawing success rate - basically, the better the grade of blastocyst then more likely it will survive. Above B (average) they told me its above 80%.

In any case, all is take is one good embryo to have a BFP. All the best for your upcoming FET. Baby dust to you! Have faith in your blastocyst:)

Hi ladies. Can someone share with me your experience. I have some pink discharge this morning. But I am already in 9dp3dt. Isn't it too late for implantation to take place? I am having slight cramp too. I wonder is the spotting a sign of my AF coming :(

Nope it's not too late. BFP also can have cramps. Be positive and distract yourself. All the best.

Blastocyst some believe is the survival of the fittest - basically rules out the weaker embryos hence it increases the success rate. But there are also some doc that thinks our womb is the best place for embryos hence no need to wait to blastocyst. I'm a believer of blastocyst myself, but it's real heartache indeed becos getting to blastocyst the mean statistics is expect about 50% sacrificed rate of the total number of good grade day 3 embryos - that's what I read from a lot the online reports and kinda also verified this stats with my embryologist. Did they tell u the grading of grade 3 embryos?

For myself, I had 7 eggs retrieved, all 7 fertilized via ICSI
Day 2 - all 7 embryos (no grading)
Day 3 - it was 5 good quality embryo (top 2 grades) and 2 slow (5+2)
Day 4 - (shocked): became only 2 good grade embryo, 5 slow (2+5),
Day 5 of transfer - I only had 1 blastocyst (thankfully grade BA - above average) ready for transfer - this is my bb now in wk6 plus, 6 became slow growth
Day 6 - of the remaining 6 only 3 made it to blastocyst ( 2 grade BB & 1 grade CC), the other 3 were discarded - growth slow. Best grade for blastocyst is AA (super rare).

Together with the one I transfer, the good blastocyst is about 50% of the 5 good embryos I was told on day 3. I insisted on freezing the CC blastocyst (poor grade), though embryologist said it's not likely to surivie dethaw - sgh policy was they will only freeze grade B and above blastocyst. So while they froze for me that CC, they told me future bb hopes are better with my 2 BB blastocyst that are frozen - of this 2, I was recently told one is fully expanded and one is moderate expansion. I did ask my doc about dethawing success rate - basically, the better the grade of blastocyst then more likely it will survive. Above B (average) they told me its above 80%.

In any case, all is take is one good embryo to have a BFP. All the best for your upcoming FET. Baby dust to you! Have faith in your blastocyst:)

Thanks for sharing your story with me. So in this case, did you have any frozen blastocysts?

Mine was 1 fully expanded blastocyst and another 1 is medium expanded blastocyst. It's really heartache to see the no of blastocyst getting lower.

I Guess doc will be transferring the Fully expanded blastocyst for my next FET in May.

I'm intending to keep the another blastocyst for future use. Any ladies have another idea will doc ask you do another round of ER once you left with 1 frozen embryo or blastocyst ? Cos I was hoping not to go through ER again.

The embryologist did told me the thawing process has about 90%of survival rate.

Did you also did FET? Grabbing your baby dusts in advance!!!

Nope it's not too late. BFP also can have cramps. Be positive and distract yourself. All the best.
Thanks for your encouragement spinsterella. My spotting with pink and brown discharge seem heavier today. Can't help but to take the HPT and it turn up BFN as expected. It already 10dp3dt and feeling very crampy too. Don't have any hope in this cycle :(

Thanks for your encouragement spinsterella. My spotting with pink and brown discharge seem heavier today. Can't help but to take the HPT and it turn up BFN as expected. It already 10dp3dt and feeling very crampy too. Don't have any hope in this cycle :(
Hi JTH, have you considered calling KK so that they can arrange an earlier BT? At early stages, it is possible that the hcg level may not have risen that high to capture a positive reading on HPT. I remember one of the sisters here did so and it was BFP in her case.

Hi JTH, have you considered calling KK so that they can arrange an earlier BT? At early stages, it is possible that the hcg level may not have risen that high to capture a positive reading on HPT. I remember one of the sisters here did so and it was BFP in her case.
Hi miloqueen. Thanks for your suggestion. I called up kkh and they ask me to go down for BT on sat. My spotting seem to reduce but I suspect that is cause by the progesterone insert. So for now till sat. I will just pray hard for miracle to happen. Really grateful we have this forum to seek advice and emotional support from.

Hi ladies, my queue for my next cycle is in Jul (a very long wait). Anyway, just want to check if anyone knows if my menses come at the end of Jul, I can still be considered in Jul's treatment? Or I have to change to Aug?

Hi ladies, my queue for my next cycle is in Jul (a very long wait). Anyway, just want to check if anyone knows if my menses come at the end of Jul, I can still be considered in Jul's treatment? Or I have to change to Aug?
Likelyhood to be in August treatment.if u frm kkhivf this is hw it goes...once 1st day full flow period u call them.dey will ask u come down usualy day.3 menses...

Don't need to worry, there is plus minus a month leeway.

Thanks hajar and MichNg I'm just afraid that if I'm consider under Aug's treatment and Aug got no more slot, I have to re-queue again. KKH's ivf queue is really long, so dun want to waste my queue in Jul.

Hi miloqueen. Thanks for your suggestion. I called up kkh and they ask me to go down for BT on sat. My spotting seem to reduce but I suspect that is cause by the progesterone insert. So for now till sat. I will just pray hard for miracle to happen. Really grateful we have this forum to seek advice and emotional support from.
Take care and stay positive. All the best to you for your BT on Sat!

Reactions: JTH
Hi all, just wanted to share how important supplements are in our IVF journey.

During my first fresh, I had 7 retrieved, 4 fertilised but 2 later arrested so nothing to freeze. I trans 2 and BFN.

Now I'm in 2ww of 2nd fresh, I had 5 retrieved, 4 fertilised (2 graded "very good", 2 graded "good"). Trans 2 and freeze 2.

Between the two cycles I started taking COQ10 (Ubiquinol version), DHEA (not suitable for PCOS ladies), and melatonin (during stim period only). On top of that I continued prenatals. Also, I stopped using perfume and nail polish as these two products are most toxic to fertility.

Don't know if will BFP this round but just wanted to share that the egg quality did seem to improve. I know my numbers are small, but I'm 38 and ovarian reserve is on borderline side, so quality is most important to me now.

Baby dust to everyone! :)

Does DHEA make u drop hair? I heard about the side effects and abit scare ...

Thanks hajar and MichNg I'm just afraid that if I'm consider under Aug's treatment and Aug got no more slot, I have to re-queue again. KKH's ivf queue is really long, so dun want to waste my queue in Jul.
Not to worry, they will just put you on when your AF is due instead of making you re-queue. If you want to be doubly sure that they don't miss you out, suggest you give them a call to inform them of the delay towards the end of the month.

Longan red dates can drink till when? Before et? Waitin for my 1st Fet. Am trying to thicken my lining till et..Advices please ladies..

Thanks for sharing your story with me. So in this case, did you have any frozen blastocysts?

Mine was 1 fully expanded blastocyst and another 1 is medium expanded blastocyst. It's really heartache to see the no of blastocyst getting lower.

I Guess doc will be transferring the Fully expanded blastocyst for my next FET in May.

I'm intending to keep the another blastocyst for future use. Any ladies have another idea will doc ask you do another round of ER once you left with 1 frozen embryo or blastocyst ? Cos I was hoping not to go through ER again.

The embryologist did told me the thawing process has about 90%of survival rate.

Did you also did FET? Grabbing your baby dusts in advance!!!

Yes I froze 3 blastocyst on day 6 (out of the 6 remaining) - but only 2 of them are BB quality - one fully expanded, one moderate expansion (ones that SGH recommends freezing) and 1 of them is CC quality (but I requested to freeze this also, but was told the chance of this grade blastocyst surviving dethaw is Low).

I didn't do a FET transfer, I did a fresh 5-day transfer. But there are many FET success cases, so don't worry. All the best.

Not to worry, they will just put you on when your AF is due instead of making you re-queue. If you want to be doubly sure that they don't miss you out, suggest you give them a call to inform them of the delay towards the end of the month.
Thanks miloqueen now i dun have to worry so much. Ya, maybe i should call them to confirm.

Dear all,

It has been awhile since I came into this thread. Wanted to come in and spread baby dusts to everyone here.

I managed to conceived on my 1st fresh back in 2013 and welcome a healthy baby. 2 years later, we decided to use the rest of our frozen embbies and try for #2. After 2 cancelled FETs and 3 FET transfers which resulted in a chemical and a miscarriage, we did our 2nd fresh cycle last Oct and got a BFN with only one frozen embbie left. It was indeed very depressing. We decided to give it one last shot and queue for our 3rd fresh in May.

I decided to just live my life as per normal, eat and drink whatever I love, be happy and just forget about all the TTC stuff. So imagine my surprise when my Jan period was late. I took 3 pregnancy tests to confirm that there really were a double line on the sticks. You know how you always read those stories about how some ladies failed so many ivfs and then suddenly got pregnant naturally. and you think aiyah, it will never happen to me.. where got so lucky? I totally have to eat back my words because it can truly happened! Mabbe the stars are aligned that day or we got really lucky. I just passed my 1st trimester and everything looks good so far.

So don't give up your baby dream because a miracle can happen. Support each other here in the forum.
May everyone be holding your precious baby in your arms soon. Baby dusts to all~

On a separate note, I have the following to let go at reasonable price, PM me if you are keen

- 9 Syringes for Lucin injection : to bless
- 8 Evorel patches : to bless ( please note they are expiring this month - Apr)
- 1 BN box of Watsons ovulation test (5 sticks) + 1 pc ovulation Guardian test stick : S$10.00 (expiry 20 Dec 17)
- 13tubes of Crinone 8% gel : S$80.00 (expiry Jun 2019)
- 2 boxes of BN Blackmores Conceive Well : S$48.00 (expiry Oct 2017)
- Opened bottle of Healthy Origins Natural Ubiquinol 150 softgels : S$80.00 (Opened in Jan and took less than 10 gels. expiry Jul 2019)

Thanks!

I'm currently on 3 weeks of HL due to my ER. Not sure if I should take another 2 weeks of HL next month for my FET.

I did not give told them that I am doing IVF for this round of HL.

Was wondering what did u girls told the company that why you are taking another round of HL?

Hi all, just wanted to share how important supplements are in our IVF journey.

During my first fresh, I had 7 retrieved, 4 fertilised but 2 later arrested so nothing to freeze. I trans 2 and BFN.

Now I'm in 2ww of 2nd fresh, I had 5 retrieved, 4 fertilised (2 graded "very good", 2 graded "good"). Trans 2 and freeze 2.

Between the two cycles I started taking COQ10 (Ubiquinol version), DHEA (not suitable for PCOS ladies), and melatonin (during stim period only). On top of that I continued prenatals. Also, I stopped using perfume and nail polish as these two products are most toxic to fertility.

Don't know if will BFP this round but just wanted to share that the egg quality did seem to improve. I know my numbers are small, but I'm 38 and ovarian reserve is on borderline side, so quality is most important to me now.

Baby dust to everyone! :)

Studies point to the importance of healthy CoQ10 levels in both male and female fertility. The research articles can be found here: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23912751 and here: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26111777.

It’s essential to choose a CoQ10 supplement that is both water and fat-soluble to be sure your body is actually absorbing it. Research shows that solubilized formulations of CoQ10 are absorbed better by the body and lead to higher plasma CoQ10 levels.
(Source: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed...to+oral+ingestion+of+coenzyme+Q10+formulation)

I hope this information information is helpful. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Good luck!

HI ladies, just like to find out if anyone has done a fibroid removal surgery before and are waiting for IVF, or have successfully conceived in the past? Like to find out how long should the rest time be, and whether there are success cases of conception after fibroid removal. At a crossroads on whether should go through a big surgery like this kind, before my next IVF. Thanks

Can I ask for those who went through FET, if the first 1-2 embryos don't survive on the thawing day, will the embryologist thaw be able to thaw remaining embryo on your permission?

Because my doc suggested to thaw my only 3 day 2 embryos together, and if all 3 survive to transfer 3 due to my age.

But I'm afraid of transferring all 3 although the chance could be low for all 3 to stick

Hi i was told i must die die do on feb menses then else need re Q if my menses start mar. Menses came late feb. Stimuation & er in mar thou.

Hi i was told i must die die do on feb menses then else need re Q if my menses start mar. Menses came late feb. Stimuation & er in mar thou.

I was in a similar situation. I was scheduled for April cycle but due to my cycle being 35-day cycle, my expected menses was either late Mar or early May. My AF reported on 29 Mar and kk allowed me to start so I started my first jab on 31mar.. just did my ER on Thu and waiting for ET on Tue :)

Back