Support group - Miscarriages

Fetus no heartbeat at 8 weeks. Should I wait for natural miscarriage or d&c?

Hugs, so sorry to hear that... I suggest to ask doctor for misprostol, it is to be inserted vaginally to expel the sac naturally... dont take it orally even if doctor said ok cos I took mine orally for my second MC and it didnt work as well as my first and I had to go through D&C. There is a risk of Asherman's Syndrome for D&C whereby uterus lining might stick to each other and also scarring.... my period did not come for 2 months and I was worried sick for AS... dont wait for body to expel cos it may lead to infection... hugs, it is quite painful after inserting the meds so do take at least 2 days MC

Now waiting for natural miscarriage, but no any sign yet. Anyone know the way to speed up the process? Try to avoid d&c.

Hugs, so sorry to hear that... I suggest to ask doctor for misprostol, it is to be inserted vaginally to expel the sac naturally... dont take it orally even if doctor said ok cos I took mine orally for my second MC and it didnt work as well as my first and I had to go through D&C. There is a risk of Asherman's Syndrome for D&C whereby uterus lining might stick to each other and also scarring.... my period did not come for 2 months and I was worried sick for AS... dont wait for body to expel cos it may lead to infection... hugs, it is quite painful after inserting the meds so do take at least 2 days MC

Any investigation test for ur mc?

Any investigation test for ur mc?

Didnt do any investigation for both of them... the first time cos we thought it was an accident and wasnt prepared... second one was cos we were to distraught by it... my doctor didnt suggest as well... are you planning to? Is this your first one?

Sorry to know that.
Was the doc very sure about it? If no heartbeat to begin with, may be advisable to wait and see. If there was and then it stopped its more definite.
The reason why I said this is because my gynae prefers to wait till its beyond doubt so that there is no what ifs.

I did d&c for both mc. 2nd one I was already bleeding but chose to do it for quick closure. Doc skill is impt.
That being said.. after having 3 d&c, I will avoid it again due to asherman syndrome risk

Didnt do any investigation for both of them... the first time cos we thought it was an accident and wasnt prepared... second one was cos we were to distraught by it... my doctor didnt suggest as well... are you planning to? Is this your first one?

1st mc no hb at 6 weeks, very soon bleeding and natural mc.
2nd mc see hb at 6 weeks, stop at 8 weeks.
Planning to see Nuh recurrent loss dr. Dunno any want hv go there? Any advise should I go for private or subsidies?

Planning to see Nuh recurrent loss dr. Dunno any want hv go there? Any advise should I go for private or subsidies?
go subsidairy if you are not in a hurry. i was a sub patient. the cost is HUGE when u are pregnant. the scans, the medicines, the possible jabs.

I was a pte patient after my delivery and the cost for my 5th and 6th mc are really high dr fees, scans, blood tests etc. etc. etc.

But if u are in a hurry u can go pte, as in hurry see dr and get preggie.

Dear All TTC ing,

Please do not be despair for the miscarriage. Please try to tiao your body back before you are ready for the next one. My schoolmate had the same experience..ttcing for at least 5yrs, went thru ivf and finally got preg but had bleeding at 20weeks, stay in KKH for almost 1mth but still couldnt save the bb..
Luckily she quickly tiao her body back with lots of supplements and after 3mths, she got pregnant easily. Now her girl is a happy and healthy 1yrs old baby.
Please try to avoid cool food such as carrot cake (chai tow kueh), barley water and those collagendrinks.

If you don't mind waiting, going subsidised will be better. Private is really ex. I chose it only cos of my age, don't wanna wait so long as the risk of mc increases a lot after 35yo.

Someone in the recurrent mc thread wrote that the subsidised clinic only runs once a month so you may wait a few months.

In the meantime, take care of your health and do a mini confinement if you can. Its tough going through this, my thoughts are with you.

Hi Xiao Ma
Just to give u a sense of cost, I recently went to see Dr Sheila Vasoo (private) for recurrent mc, and was put thru a battery of tests (8 tubes of blood), total cost is about $2500 and all in cash. And there are some things which I've not yet tested, like natural killer cells coz need to wait for menses before can do the tests. So, don't know how much more to pay for the second round of tests.

Yeah for sub I tested everything. Think in total less than 2k. Eventually if u need jabs etc it's much cheaper too. Like I need to take clexane. I rem per jab was like $2 for sub. Pte is abt $6+. Then u times 200 days or more. Plus a lot of other medications or proluton jabs and scan. Long run sub is really cheaper.

Having said that their clinic opens only Mthly. Once u are pregnant and if u are high risk, they see u almost every 2 weeks during first tri. And the moment u spot u can go straight to clinic g for check up. Just call and someone will attend to u. Also u only see the grp of high risk drs. Which is why I got very attached to dr Anita. Cox I see her almost weekly or every 2 weeks. It's like paying as a sub patient but getting the Pte patient treatment. And the nurses are clinic g are super nice. Esp if they know ur history of miscarriages they really encourage u and treat u with care. I wrote them a card after my delivery. They were soonnice and caring. They accompanied the days of jabbing checking etc.

Dear Ladies,

I'm so sorry, really dun know who to talk to. I just had a D&C last Wed. Today is the 7th day. Suppose to be 11wk+ last week but baby not growing and no heartbeat. I am really sad, dun know what to do. Keep thinking what went wrong, what happen. I am already very careful in everything, but it just happen so sudden and I am totally not prepared. Yes, I have my husband and my 2 girls with me but I just cant accept. I really think of resignin from my work and dont do anything. But I can't! And my husband only say what can be done? Nothing, it is just prestined that we have 2 girls, and is enough.

I had a miscarriage 4yrs back too, also same reason, baby not growing. And well, I thought my baby is back to us. But no, baby comes and leave us again!

But really, what went wrong? I really would want to know. It is really breakin my heart, suppose to go for Oscar Test last week, in e end warded for D&C. We are all excited as the EDD will be about the same as my youngest girl, but now, no more. I really do not wish to think but is really difficult.

I also do think of trying again, but i also feel very scare. Im really scare the same thing happen again. Also I do not want to try as I do not want e baby to be like a replacement/subsititude of what I had loss.

I'm so sorry for the long msg and thanks for reading.

Dear Ladies,

I'm so sorry, really dun know who to talk to. I just had a D&C last Wed. Today is the 7th day. Suppose to be 11wk+ last week but baby not growing and no heartbeat. I am really sad, dun know what to do. Keep thinking what went wrong, what happen. I am already very careful in everything, but it just happen so sudden and I am totally not prepared. Yes, I have my husband and my 2 girls with me but I just cant accept. I really think of resignin from my work and dont do anything. But I can't! And my husband only say what can be done? Nothing, it is just prestined that we have 2 girls, and is enough.

I had a miscarriage 4yrs back too, also same reason, baby not growing. And well, I thought my baby is back to us. But no, baby comes and leave us again!

But really, what went wrong? I really would want to know. It is really breakin my heart, suppose to go for Oscar Test last week, in e end warded for D&C. We are all excited as the EDD will be about the same as my youngest girl, but now, no more. I really do not wish to think but is really difficult.

I also do think of trying again, but i also feel very scare. Im really scare the same thing happen again. Also I do not want to try as I do not want e baby to be like a replacement/subsititude of what I had loss.

Hugs. Every life is precious I'm sure u are very upset about it. Do take some time to grieve over it. I wouldn't advise u to just quit ur job, because going back to work can sometimes help u move forward faster as it keeps u occupied. We are very fertile for the first 3-6 mths after a miscarriage. Once u are mentally ready, u can try again. For now dotake care of ur health. For ur own sake and for ur gals don't blame urself I'm sure u have taken good care. Sometimes things just happens without a reason.

Dear Ladies,

Don't stress urself this is not what u want it to be. I know the feeling as my 2nd mc happened when beanie suppose to be week 11+ but the scan showing stop growing at week 9+ also end up with D&C.

Perhaps u want to see expert to do a check b4 ttc again? Jiayou and thing will be better in time come. Quit a job to me not an good idea but I do know that the stress levels when u need face ur col.

Think of ur hub and ur girls they still need u. Mbe have mini confinement and move on again. Jiayou jiayou

I just had my M/c over the weekend @7weeks. Just last Tuesday we saw baby's heartbeat. Very very happy and hoping baby grow healthily in my tummy till my EDD in nov. but just 3 days after seeing heartbeat, there is spotting and got worst the next day and finally a severe cramp on Sunday. My gynae did internal scan and told me she no longer see sac. Nothing in my uterus was sooooo sad that I kept crying and blaming myself. Having been in medical leave for a week and doing mini confinement. Still sad and missing my baby. Like their is a void somewhere in my heart.
Actually hoping to conceive again (I am in my early 40s). Time is not at my side and I want to conceive naturally quickly but also fearful coz of my recent experience.

After M/c, what will your gynae usually do? Will he/she arrange for follow up? If yes, what will they check?

Dear Ladies,

So sorry to hear this. Big hugs to you. It is difficult, allow yourself to grieve, talk to your hubby and always remember that your girls and him are there for you.

After my 1st mc, I was really depressed without realising it, and except for 2 friends, everyone else pretended nothing happened. I was counting each month anniversary, wondering why she left us. But time will heal.. we heal, but we never forget. It will get better so give yourself time.
Your hubby is your pillar of support, he may not seem as affected but they actually are.

Go for a short holiday and take good care of your health.

Hugs. Every life is precious I'm sure u are very upset about it. Do take some time to grieve over it. I wouldn't advise u to just quit ur job, because going back to work can sometimes help u move forward faster as it keeps u occupied. We are very fertile for the first 3-6 mths after a miscarriage. Once u are mentally ready, u can try again. For now dotake care of ur health. For ur own sake and for ur gals don't blame urself I'm sure u have taken good care. Sometimes things just happens without a reason.

Yes tks. I'm mentally ready but really still scare same thing happen again. It's only past a week but i still can't get over it. Very emotional, think abit will cry. Next week goin back work, duno if I can handle my emotion or not. Sigh.

So sorry to hear this. Big hugs to you. It is difficult, allow yourself to grieve, talk to your hubby and always remember that your girls and him are there for you.

After my 1st mc, I was really depressed without realising it, and except for 2 friends, everyone else pretended nothing happened. I was counting each month anniversary, wondering why she left us. But time will heal.. we heal, but we never forget. It will get better so give yourself time.
Your hubby is your pillar of support, he may not seem as affected but they actually are.

Go for a short holiday and take good care of your health.

Yes. Thanks. Seriously, my 1st MC, I took about 3 yrs to get over it. Same like u, I was counting every mth anniversary. Of course I hope my friend can pretend nothing had happen, coz I really scare i will cry in front of them, which now I still cant control my tears.

Ya, my girls both are my pillar of support. This 1 week I dont really smile, but sometimes they really try to make me happy which i know, but I just cant smile or laugh now.

Don't stress urself this is not what u want it to be. I know the feeling as my 2nd mc happened when beanie suppose to be week 11+ but the scan showing stop growing at week 9+ also end up with D&C.

Perhaps u want to see expert to do a check b4 ttc again? Jiayou and thing will be better in time come. Quit a job to me not an good idea but I do know that the stress levels when u need face ur col.

Think of ur hub and ur girls they still need u. Mbe have mini confinement and move on again. Jiayou jiayou

Yes, will check with my gynae during the followup next week. Although we think 2 is enough, but having twice 'taking away' our 3rd and 4th is really a painful experience. I just finish my mini confinement yesterday.

Today just came out of the house. Still have some giddy spell and mood is still not there. Still feeling very low on mood.

Yes, will check with my gynae during the followup next week. Although we think 2 is enough, but having twice 'taking away' our 3rd and 4th is really a painful experience. I just finish my mini confinement yesterday.

Today just came out of the house. Still have some giddy spell and mood is still not there. Still feeling very low on mood.
Ya it never a good experience says is always easy when it happens we just simply cannot accept it and down and very emotional. Give yourself some time more things will slowly back to normal.

Anyone here? I am feeling so depressed that I feel that I need to rant it out somewhere.

It is my 10th weeks based on my LMP. First visit to the gynae was 2 weeks ago. Thought I was at 8w but my sac only measured 6w. No foetal pole. I only did tummy scan. I went for my 2nd scan on Monday. My sac only grew 0.3cm and again no foetal pole. Did blood test on Mon and Wed. Hcg level dropped. Gynae concluded it was blighted ovum. I suggested to do v scan cos I was hoping for a miracle. But was rejected by the gynae. Went to seek second opinion. The gynae wanted me to do v scan to get a clearer pic. I finally saw my baby. But there was no hb. It measured 6w. I had no bleeding and had the usual symptons until recently.

Feel that God has played such a big joke on me. I have been crying everyday since Monday. At this rate, I think I might fall into depression. Arranged for d&c next Thursday. I really don't want them to remove my baby...

Anyone here? I am feeling so depressed that I feel that I need to rant it out somewhere.

It is my 10th weeks based on my LMP. First visit to the gynae was 2 weeks ago. Thought I was at 8w but my sac only measured 6w. No foetal pole. I only did tummy scan. I went for my 2nd scan on Monday. My sac only grew 0.3cm and again no foetal pole. Did blood test on Mon and Wed. Hcg level dropped. Gynae concluded it was blighted ovum. I suggested to do v scan cos I was hoping for a miracle. But was rejected by the gynae. Went to seek second opinion. The gynae wanted me to do v scan to get a clearer pic. I finally saw my baby. But there was no hb. It measured 6w. I had no bleeding and had the usual symptons until recently.

Feel that God has played such a big joke on me. I have been crying everyday since Monday. At this rate, I think I might fall into depression. Arranged for d&c next Thursday. I really don't want them to remove my baby...

Hugs. Just cry it out and grieve properly. Usually BO is a one off thing, women usually will have normal pregnancies after. My first Mc was also BO and also removed close to 10/11 weeks. Totally no bleeding etc. But has to remove if not may cause infection and then will affect chances of future pregnancies.

If you are mentally ready, you will be very fertile during the first 3 mths after the Mc, can try again. If mentally not ready then rest and try after u are.

Thanks. In the end mine wasn't blighted ovum cos I saw my baby. There was no hb. How did your d&c process go? I am very very scared. I have never undergo any ops before or being under ga. I kept telling my hubbs I wanna follow my baby to heaven. I cant bear to let go...

And sorry for asking you to re-visit your mc process. You dont have to share if you cant ok?

It's okay I'm very chilI had 6 mcs in total. Just keep trying till I have a baby. I have high tolerance of pain to me it wasn't painful. But I bled for over 2 weeks after the procedure.

Hi, i am diagnose by 2 gynae that i around 7/8 weeks. Seen only gestational sac but no yolk sac. Hence conclude as a miscarriage.

1 gynae has prescribe 8 cyotetc pills (2x / day - orally) to induce miscarrriage naturally instead of doing D&C.

I accepted the pills and started taking today 1030am. Within an hour, i can feel some light cramps and bleeding starts. It gets heavy and start to pass out quite abit of clots. Pad is soak within an hour.

Now 530pm, having been passing out clots on and off. Also still having cramps and heavy bleeding.

I would like to ask if it is normal to have heavy bleeding and clots and how long will this last? I am watching out on the bleeding incase i need to go A&E. worried.

It's okay I'm very chilI had 6 mcs in total. Just keep trying till I have a baby. I have high tolerance of pain to me it wasn't painful. But I bled for over 2 weeks after the procedure.

Hugs. You are very brave! This is my first mc. I feel like dying already. Just wanna leave with my unborn baby...

Hi, i am diagnose by 2 gynae that i around 7/8 weeks. Seen only gestational sac but no yolk sac. Hence conclude as a miscarriage.

1 gynae has prescribe 8 cyotetc pills (2x / day - orally) to induce miscarrriage naturally instead of doing D&C.

I accepted the pills and started taking today 1030am. Within an hour, i can feel some light cramps and bleeding starts. It gets heavy and start to pass out quite abit of clots. Pad is soak within an hour.

Now 530pm, having been passing out clots on and off. Also still having cramps and heavy bleeding.

I would like to ask if it is normal to have heavy bleeding and clots and how long will this last? I am watching out on the bleeding incase i need to go A&E. worried.

Big hugs. I have not experienced natural mc. But what i heard from gynae is that you will bleed for quite awhile until you passed the sac. Do you want to give your gynae a call? U did tummy or v scan? When i did tummy scan, i could only see a sac. But when i did v scan, i saw the foetal pole...

Big hugs. I have not experienced natural mc. But what i heard from gynae is that you will bleed for quite awhile until you passed the sac. Do you want to give your gynae a call? U did tummy or v scan? When i did tummy scan, i could only see a sac. But when i did v scan, i saw the foetal pole...

I called the clinic earlier in the morning, i was advised that it is normal to have heavy bleeding, pass out clot and feel squishy. I did both tummy and v scan. I did saw a fetal pole at 6 weeks. Then a scan at 7 weeks, cannot see anything. Waited for a week and also seek another gynae opinion to confirm.

I called the clinic earlier in the morning, i was advised that it is normal to have heavy bleeding, pass out clot and feel squishy. I did both tummy and v scan. I did saw a fetal pole at 6 weeks. Then a scan at 7 weeks, cannot see anything. Waited for a week and also seek another gynae opinion to confirm.

Then it sounds normal. Just dont move about too much. My gynae told me natural mc is very much like natural delivery. You will feel contractions and also alot of bleeding. I thought it might be too much for me to handle so I opted for d&c. But that is freaking me out also...

Then it sounds normal. Just dont move about too much. My gynae told me natural mc is very much like natural delivery. You will feel contractions and also alot of bleeding. I thought it might be too much for me to handle so I opted for d&c. But that is freaking me out also...

I have been laying down or resting on the sofa. I didnt expect that heavy bleeding actually. i freaked out too. I hope that i made the right choice and recover soon. I still have to finish the course of medicine. Left 4 pills for tomorrow.

I have been laying down or resting on the sofa. I didnt expect that heavy bleeding actually. i freaked out too. I hope that i made the right choice and recover soon. I still have to finish the course of medicine. Left 4 pills for tomorrow.

Don't worry. You will be fine. Just rest more. Remember to go back to the gynae for a check to make sure everything is clear. Will you be doing a confinement?

Don't worry. You will be fine. Just rest more. Remember to go back to the gynae for a check to make sure everything is clear. Will you be doing a confinement?

Will be going back to gynae to check in a week time. I hope it is all worth it and fully clear.

Have been bleeding so i need to bathe and clean myself. The cramps are quite strong. I will take warming drink like red dates/logan or 姜母茶 to warm the womb. Also will be going to tcm after m/c to tiao yang.

It is so upsetting to go through this painful process.

Thanks for taking time to reply me.

Sorry that both of you are going through this.

Shiningstars, d&c to me is much less scary than natural mc. It is over v fast. I did mine in the clinic so its via sedation instead of ga. One moment, the aesthesist was patting my arm comfortingly, and the next moment its all over and I was wondering why someone kept calling my name when I wanna sleep. I would say physically its painless other than slight cramps which panadol can easily settle, while the heartpain lingers for much longer.

After the procedure, if you believe in confinement, I think its best to do it for a couple of weeks. I just took red date tea and catered confinement food. Actually the 1st time, I went home to shower immediately and somehow may have caught a cold. Felt cold for many months to come till 2nd mc. After 2nd mc i did not shower as often during confinement and felt it helped as I am less cold now.

Shiningstars, d&c to me is much less scary than natural mc. It is over v fast. I did mine in the clinic so its via sedation instead of ga. One moment, the aesthesist was patting my arm comfortingly, and the next moment its all over and I was wondering why someone kept calling my name when I wanna sleep. I would say physically its painless other than slight cramps which panadol can easily settle, while the heartpain lingers for much longer.

After the procedure, if you believe in confinement, I think its best to do it for a couple of weeks. I just took red date tea and catered confinement food. Actually the 1st time, I went home to shower immediately and somehow may have caught a cold. Felt cold for many months to come till 2nd mc. After 2nd mc i did not shower as often during confinement and felt it helped as I am less cold now.

Thanks for sharing. I guess no harm to do a mini confinement for 2 weeks and to recover faster. I hope all will be over for me soon.

Big hugs to you too. I have never undergo any procedure before so I am really scared. Other than the cramp, does it hurt below?

I totall agree. It's the heartbreak. I have been crying everyday and kept asking why me. What have I done wrong? Did I not protect my baby? There is so much guilt... i just want my baby to be alive. Is it too much to ask for? I really duno what to do to make myself feel better.

Big hugs to you too. I have never undergo any procedure before so I am really scared. Other than the cramp, does it hurt below?

I totall agree. It's the heartbreak. I have been crying everyday and kept asking why me. What have I done wrong? Did I not protect my baby? There is so much guilt... i just want my baby to be alive. Is it too much to ask for? I really duno what to do to make myself feel better.

Hugs. I really understand ur feeling. I jus had e d&c 2wks ago. Till now I'm still v sad n depressing. if my colleague or friend talk to me i will cry already. I keep asking and feeling guilty. Duno what had went wrong. And if i know I will m/c, i will definately not do this or not do that, or will do this if it helps. Alot alot....

Hugs. I really understand ur feeling. I jus had e d&c 2wks ago. Till now I'm still v sad n depressing. if my colleague or friend talk to me i will cry already. I keep asking and feeling guilty. Duno what had went wrong. And if i know I will m/c, i will definately not do this or not do that, or will do this if it helps. Alot alot....

Yeah. I just kept thinking back what I have done. And kept thinking isit becos of all these that's why this happen. I have been crying to sleep every night. Cry until tired already then can fall asleep. And then sometimes I will cry in the middle of the night or cry the moment I wake up. I am wondering if I am suffering from depression. I havent even do d&c yet. I duno if this will get worst or better after the procedure....

Thanks. In the end mine wasn't blighted ovum cos I saw my baby. There was no hb. How did your d&c process go? I am very very scared. I have never undergo any ops before or being under ga. I kept telling my hubbs I wanna follow my baby to heaven. I cant bear to let go...

And sorry for asking you to re-visit your mc process. You dont have to share if you cant ok?
That time when I'm having 1st mc I also telling my hub the same that I want to die I felt very heart pain and etc. Then my hub asking me if u go then u leave me here alone? After d&c a few days later I told myself I can't think that way my hub still need me. Then 2nd mc I also break down den cannot accept that my sis is doing confinement at my mum house during cny so both me and my hub went to trip during cny. Den went to c Prof and successfully having one dau aft that. I know the feeling and d&c depends on individual body sometimes we can wake up rest and go home sometimes will be abit of giddiness and legs no strength but next day should be alright. Let's jiayou

Last edited:

U r good luck cos ur body react to cyotetc pills. I have 2 rounds of medi for 10 tablets one round but 1st round passed out abit of blood clots 2nd round mostly LS and bleeding moderate with no blood clots so end up with D&C...it is expected to have LS and passing out blood clots and bleeding some will bleed many but if too many must go A&E cos too dangerous according to the gynae. U take care

Huh? I had 10 tablets one day. Sounds too much but body don't react sian. So it is good that ur body react to it. Don't think so much u will be alright.

Didn't know can be done at clinic. Mine was at hospital the bill my eyes drop very big holes.

Only time can make u feel better. U will be alright soon. For me I never tell my col cos don't want them kepo I just want to keeping in heart. U will never forget it but it will live in ur heart with u.

That time when I'm having 1st mc I also telling my hub the same that I want to die I felt very heart pain and etc. Then my hub asking me if u go then u leave me here alone? After d&c a few days later I told myself I can't think that way my hub still need me. Then 2nd mc I also break down den cannot accept that my sis is doing confinement at my house during cny so both me and my hub went to trip during cny. Den went to c Prof and successfully having one dau aft that. I know the feeling and d&c depends on individual body sometimes we can wake up rest and go home sometimes will be abit of giddiness and legs no strength but next day should be alright. Let's jiayou

My hubbs also say the same thing. I just reply him then we both leave and accompany our baby to heaven lor. Without my baby, life seem to lost its meaning already. I totally understand the feeling about your sis doing confinement. Cos my sis in law is also pregnant. I am happy for them lah. But i just feel that it is very unfair. Theirs is shotgun. They were not even trying and they managed to conceive. And it is a healthy pregnancy. Am I very bad? But I feel that they are very insensitive too. My in laws didnt show us any concern or give words of encouragement. My bro in law even texted my husband to ask if he can help think of a name for his daughter. Like what??? At this point of time??? I feel really hurt. Even though I lost my baby at a very stage, it is still a life lost. How can they be so insensitive???

Didn't know can be done at clinic. Mine was at hospital the bill my eyes drop very big holes.
Not all gynae can do at their clinic i think. How much was your bill? I am getting my d&c done at mt e novena. My gynae fees is already 2k excluding gst. Ga cost is 500. And these are not inclusive of hospital fees. Sigh. Pay so much and I dont even have a baby to bring home...

My hubbs also say the same thing. I just reply him then we both leave and accompany our baby to heaven lor. Without my baby, life seem to lost its meaning already. I totally understand the feeling about your sis doing confinement. Cos my sis in law is also pregnant. I am happy for them lah. But i just feel that it is very unfair. Theirs is shotgun. They were not even trying and they managed to conceive. And it is a healthy pregnancy. Am I very bad? But I feel that they are very insensitive too. My in laws didnt show us any concern or give words of encouragement. My bro in law even texted my husband to ask if he can help think of a name for his daughter. Like what??? At this point of time??? I feel really hurt. Even though I lost my baby at a very stage, it is still a life lost. How can they be so insensitive???
Ya it's very hurting when they r insensitive. So I don't even tell my in laws. I don't want them ask me. No la we can't think that way life still goes on. Eventually u will have a healthy baby just keep trying. Otherwise u won't have it. I has been thru it. I always told myself only those been thru it can understand us those smooth pregnancy they won't know and at times they r so insensitive. So I rather keep it in my heart than telling more ppl cos I know if they asking I sure can't stand end up crying badly. We will be very emotional.

Not all gynae can do at their clinic i think. How much was your bill? I am getting my d&c done at mt e novena. My gynae fees is already 2k excluding gst. Ga cost is 500. And these are not inclusive of hospital fees. Sigh. Pay so much and I dont even have a baby to bring home...
If not mistaken the bill for mt e novena it was ard 6k cos dr fee already ard 3k plus one visit aft d&c 200. The rest of the hospital and ops theatre also causing a boom. Are u staying overnight or day surgery? If staying overnight another 600 plus just for the room. I believe nurse ah the medi ah another cost. Mine is day surgery. Ya spent so much n yet we bring sadness home. Confinement food for 2 weeks $900 den massage ard 300. Scary lor. If give birth u will spent more that time my bill at mt e novena ard 20k leh all in all.

Big hugs ladies. I always console myself my telling myself at least I can get pregnant. There are many people who didn't even get a chance to see the positive. It gives us hope that one day we will be parents. That's why I Nvr give up and kept trying. Every positive and Mc brings me great sadness. I will never forget my angels. But life has to go on. It's really just a small setback in life. My 2nd ectopic I had to take a jab that cancer patients take to kill off the growing baby cells. I went to the cancer centre, and so many were children. These people are trying to live. They are just a few years old yet they are fighting to live. How can we be so selfish and give up on life so easily? We still have family, friends who loved us. Grieve properly about your lost but don't give up on life. Pay a visit to the cancer centre and you will realised how sad it is. How strong those parents and patients are.

Be weak for now. And stay strong again for yourself. As precious as our unborn babies lives are, so are yours. Cherish them. They are many who wanted to live but couldn't.

Count ourselves lucky we are given a chance to try again.

Yeah. I just kept thinking back what I have done. And kept thinking isit becos of all these that's why this happen. I have been crying to sleep every night. Cry until tired already then can fall asleep. And then sometimes I will cry in the middle of the night or cry the moment I wake up. I am wondering if I am suffering from depression. I havent even do d&c yet. I duno if this will get worst or better after the procedure....

I just awaken from the cramps and discomfort. The cramps are so strong.

Stay strong, babe. I hope that u can make the decision once u are ready. My gynae told me that if its not growing, need to remove as there might be a risk of getting infection.

I have cried till my tears has dried up. My heart is broken. At first, things are going well and on track then baby not growing is a sudden shock. Every wishes i make is to have a healthy baby. My edd should be 4 dec and my bday is 2 dec, i was elated when i know this baby could be such a lovely birthday present, but it did not happen.

My hb n I having been ttc for 6 years and love kids. I have been hoping to start a family and give my hb a child. I feel so sorry for him that we are still childless. Every cny is a struggle too, when u get insensitive qns from people. Also have to face humilation that i 生不出. I dont know why life is so cruel.

U r good luck cos ur body react to cyotetc pills. I have 2 rounds of medi for 10 tablets one round but 1st round passed out abit of blood clots 2nd round mostly LS and bleeding moderate with no blood clots so end up with D&C...it is expected to have LS and passing out blood clots and bleeding some will bleed many but if too many must go A&E cos too dangerous according to the gynae. U take care

Huh? I had 10 tablets one day. Sounds too much but body don't react sian. So it is good that ur body react to it. Don't think so much u will be alright.

Gynae did tell me that some people dont react to the pills even after 3 round of cyotetc. I did ask how soon will the medicine kicks in and he say depends on body.

10tabs/day is quite alot. I m sorry that the medicine didnt work for u. Hope u are fully recovered now.

I am really shocked because i didnt expect it to happened so quickly for me. it happened just an hour after 2 pills of cyotetc. Cramps, heavy bleeding and large clots/tissues. I have to keep visiting the toilet every 30mins for the next 5 hours. I have used at least 10 thick pads.

Now i do have LS. Still passing out smaller clots but bleeding is not as heavy. the cramping is really strong and painful.

Last edited:

Back