IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi All

I just have my ER yesterday. The embryologist called just now saying out of the 8 eggs retrived only 3 fertilized. Have anyone heard of eggs only fertilized on day 2? I am rather sad that there is only 3 fertilized eggs although all the 8eggs are matured :(. Worried only the quality of the 3 eggs if not good will have to go through the whole fresh cycle again which is torturing.

Hi All

I just have my ER yesterday. The embryologist called just now saying out of the 8 eggs retrived only 3 fertilized. Have anyone heard of eggs only fertilized on day 2? I am rather sad that there is only 3 fertilized eggs although all the 8eggs are matured :(. Worried only the quality of the 3 eggs if not good will have to go through the whole fresh cycle again which is torturing.

Hi, this is common. Not all eggs retrieved will be fertilised.

Hi All

Don't be disheartened, u just need one to stick! Chin up! Jia you

Hi All

Jiayou!
Go with the flow. :)
Who knows it will be a good egg which will b transferred to u.

Hi girls, my husband is abit worried as he knows that he is unable to gv the semen sample via MB. Is there any other way to retrieve the semens?

Anyone from here has the same xperience?

Please do share.. TIA

Hi girls, my husband is abit worried as he knows that he is unable to gv the semen sample via MB. Is there any other way to retrieve the semens?

Anyone from here has the same xperience?

Please do share.. TIA
he has no problems with natural xxx right?if so,u ask him try and fantasize will have. last time my hub also cannot. then ok le.

else maybi need get from urine or needle biopsy from testicles. but some says mb ones are better.

Ladies all,can lemme knw the process of medicated Fet in kkh. I was given progynova and to be taken mayb once menses come or after i call kkivf?
Clueless about Fet process...tqsm...

Hi all going transfer today for one D5 embryos at nuh today. After pgd only 2 out of 3 found to be chromosome normal. Worry and Pray hard that it will be successful and result in live birth

Last edited:
Hi all going transfer today for one D5 embryos at nuh today. After pgd only 2 out of 3 found to be chromosome normal. Worry and Pray hard that it will be successful and result in live birth
Oh... May I know how much it cost to hv pgd done? Yours is upon request or doctor's recommendations?

Oh... May I know how much it cost to hv pgd done? Yours is upon request or doctor's recommendations?

The kit itself is already 7k. Additional is biopsy charge as below
5 embryos for testing : 1k
6 and above for testing : 3.4k
Additional charges for biopsy : 2.8k
Total : around 10k

Is doc recommendations

I'm under subsidies , but doc shakina rauff is seeing me every consultation.
Manage to freeze 1 blast which is still hatching.

Ladies all,can lemme knw the process of medicated Fet in kkh. I was given progynova and to be taken mayb once menses come or after i call kkivf?
Clueless about Fet process...tqsm...

After you call KKIVF, they will tell you the dates. it is not once menses come. my previous medicated was 2 tablets for 5 days then 3 tablets for another 5 days before 1st scan. so best to call and they will tell you the exact dates to take progynova.

The kit itself is already 7k. Additional is biopsy charge as below
5 embryos for testing : 1k
6 and above for testing : 3.4k
Additional charges for biopsy : 2.8k
Total : around 10k

Is doc recommendations
Gosh! The cost is really high.. Any subsidies? ....

Sticky baby dust to you!!

After you call KKIVF, they will tell you the dates. it is not once menses come. my previous medicated was 2 tablets for 5 days then 3 tablets for another 5 days before 1st scan. so best to call and they will tell you the exact dates to take progynova.
Ah same medication dosage as mine...so menses come i call kkivf den dey will tell me the dates to take..hw they thaw the embbies...mine was day.2 frm previous cycle.so if thaw and Et will it consider day 2 still?

I already at the ward here. What about u
All the best !! We need a lots of luck!!!
Hi sorry missed your message just now cause i left my hp in the locker. My procedure was abit long as Dr said he had a tough time guiding the tubing in as my cervical is not that straight. Anyway just glad the embies are in. I am due to go back for embryo transfer review next monday. Not sure what is the review for.

Anyone do embryo transfer under sedation? I have severe endometriosis and the shape of my pelvic is out of shape ..

Hi Minmint, I had 2 difficult transfers before due to tight cervix. Kk Dr Tan took longer than usual (10mins) and it was quite painful. He says I shld be sedated next time round. I had no luck with him at KKH so far with 2 failed fresh rounds. Am taking a break and going to private clinic for consultation later this mth to get 2nd opinion and better idea of costs.
When's ur ET? All the best!!

Hi sorry missed your message just now cause i left my hp in the locker. My procedure was abit long as Dr said he had a tough time guiding the tubing in as my cervical is not that straight. Anyway just glad the embies are in. I am due to go back for embryo transfer review next monday. Not sure what is the review for.

How many eggs did u retrieve?

Hi Jhen
Did a urine test yesterday.. So sad.. It's negative. How are u

Dont lose hope, lets wait for your beta. As long as no menses you still in the game. Me, spotting since the other day but not heavy. I pray we both received good news on 9th march. I'll include you in my prayers.

I dun hv any review. My next appt is bt already .gd luck to us and all sis here

Dont lose hope, lets wait for your beta. As long as no menses you still in the game. Me, spotting since the other day but not heavy. I pray we both received good news on 9th march. I'll include you in my prayers.
Yes yes.. Let's pray for high beta on the 9. Jia you

Hi ladies, I'm new to this forum even though I've been reading it for awhile. Decided to post as the forum had been a great support for me. I'm in my 2ww now and it's 13dp3dt. I had only 5 eggs retrieved, out of which 3 were matured and only 2 fertilised! Hopefully this precious 2 is implanted well!

Hi ladies, I'm new to this forum even though I've been reading it for awhile. Decided to post as the forum had been a great support for me. I'm in my 2ww now and it's 13dp3dt. I had only 5 eggs retrieved, out of which 3 were matured and only 2 fertilised! Hopefully this precious 2 is implanted well!
Wow... U are most done with ur 2ww. Good luck...

When is your beta? Any symptoms?

Hi ladies, today is my 3dp5dt, 1st FET. Transferred 2 blast of each 1 expanded 1 collapsed. Not sure what it means. But I've been having diarrhoe since the transfer. Anyone experience the same thing? And i dont experienced any frquent urination unlike my last fresh cycle in Nov.

Next Thurs.. I had some spottings few days back and some cramps at times.

Hope to see you there on thurs, I'll be there early morning. Maybe could wait for the results for 2-3 hrs just in case I need to go back. How about you?

Hope to see you there on thurs, I'll be there early morning. Maybe could wait for the results for 2-3 hrs just in case I need to go back. How about you?
Hi hi.. Im shd be gg during lunch time.. Cos I start work early.. If not we could meet n wait for the call together. Haha.. Did u did any urine test yet?

I don't have any symptoms except for cramps, no spotting at all since day 1. Wish I had some symptoms like nausea or something...

Every woman is different, really depends how our body react to the process. Been googling for quite awhile about ivf some successful mummies experienced symptoms around 8weeks of pregnancy. So don't worry, your beta is coming. All the best to you and good luck.

My beta is on Wednesday! After reading your posts on doing hpt I was inspired to do it too. Been hesitating for a Long time until yesterday as I was afraid to see bfn. Thankfully, for the first time in my life, I got a bfp! Now I'm just hoping that it's not a false positive...
Congrats.. At which day u did ur test?

Back