Help!! endometriosis laparoscopy

hihi, just wanted to share my exp. i did lap surgery in april 2016 under Dr Loh as well. surgery took about 30-45mins only.... it was the waiting time that was much longer as Dr Loh had like 10 surgeries lined up for the day. Surgery was done via GA... Think the nurses woke me up within 10mins after surgery? the pain felt like menses cramp and bearable, but i cried cos i felt very cold and lost LOL. total of 3 incisions made - 1 in belly button, 2 on both sides of pelvic. Dr Loh removed 1 endometriotic cyst, 1 ovarian cyst and burnt off some polyps. total cost about $12K, some parts claimable via medical insurance. Surgery was done at TMC. the external wounds recovered in about 2 weeks' time....only about 1 to 1.5cm scars.

Reason why I underwent this surgery was cos of super painful menses for so many years of my life... i went for routine body checkup and my CA125 blood test turned out to be quite bad... and dr loh said it might affect fertility though there are still people who managed to conceive despite having endometriosis. so i thought better just do the surgery before it's too late. moral of story is.... it's important to do regular detailed health check up. anyway, i conceived naturally 3 months later... in july 2016 :) :) still seeing dr loh as my gynae as i have full trust in him.

Congratulations to you. It good to hear that. I hope after laparoscopy and successful pregnant.

Hi, I will like to ask that before doing laparoscopy. Need to do any check up or blood test. Or just straight away do laparoscopy. Doing laparoscopy is before or after menses? May anyone can answer my qns. Thank you!

Hi, I will like to ask that before doing laparoscopy. Need to do any check up or blood test. Or just straight away do laparoscopy. Doing laparoscopy is before or after menses? May anyone can answer my qns. Thank you!

hi. i did mine after menses but i think the gynae did mention can do anytime but must confirm you are not pregnant. i did not do any blood test before laparoscopy.

My husband and I still consider to do the laparoscopy in Jan after menses or around March. I'm worry that drag more will the condition become bad? Does anyone can advise?

it depends on your age.
or u can ask your doctor.
our eggs decrease as we grow older.

if u r 35 and above, i will suggest to go straight for ivf.

if u r 35 and above and your doc still ask u go for operation, it is most likely about the quick money.

after operation, u might have post op trauma (this is usual for all operations). better have your hubby with you throughout. even on some days when you rest at home. so emotionally you will recover better. except for operation because he can't go in.

better do it with experienced doctor. because its a delicate surgery though simple.

i just had my surgery done on 22 dec.

going back to work coming monday. now i dread to go back work. still on holiday mood :p

better do it with experienced doctor. because its a delicate surgery though simple.

i just had my surgery done on 22 dec.

going back to work coming monday. now i dread to go back work. still on holiday mood :p

i did mine on 20th dec and was given 28 days HL. you going back to work so fast? im going back mid of Jan. gotta rest more..

how r u feeling? u did surgery for ttc reason too?

i still need to do housework and all that because i still have a little boy to take care of :p

so like no difference if i still go back to work.

how r u feeling? u did surgery for ttc reason too?

i still need to do housework and all that because i still have a little boy to take care of :p

so like no difference if i still go back to work.

yah, for ttc. hoping to have good news this year. how about you? im having some menses cramp after removing the wound. try not to carry heavy stuffs since we just did the surgery 2 weeks ago.

I did my laparascopy at TMC too. But it was a bad experience. The surgery took longer than expected, about 4 hours. I was quite sensitive to the GA. When I was about to regain conscious, I know I was puking non stop. The nurses were busy catching my puke. The next day i still feel nausea and every time i want to puke my wound hurt like mad. Btw i had 4 incisions. The doctor had to give me a jab on my butt to stop the vomitting. I was given 4 weeks of HL. It took me 3 weeks to feel slightly better. Its really true that we should not carry heavy things. I remember i carried a bag of dumpling for about 5 seconds, it feel like lighting stuck my wound. From then, i really try to be careful. Gynae asked me to rest for 6 months before TTC. I have been trying for 3 months for still no good news yet. Keep telling myself to stay positive.

sorry for your bad experience.
i felt the nausea too but i suspect its because lower abdomen was still quite bloated after surgery.

anyone knows if it is ok to exercise 1 month after surgery?

i am gaining a lot of holiday weight :p

Yea my SIL also said the same thing, during the procedure, they actually pump alot of gas into the stomach, which cuase the bloatedness. I really take things slowly.. I din even dare to chase after the bus when i am back to work.. haha

Yea my SIL also said the same thing, during the procedure, they actually pump alot of gas into the stomach, which cuase the bloatedness. I really take things slowly.. I din even dare to chase after the bus when i am back to work.. haha

so 1 month after surgery u did not do running, did not carry anything?

how many months after did u feel comfortable enough?

Today do a urine test and blood test. Gynae arrange me on Wednesday to do laparoscopy. I quite shock and too sudden that so fast process to laparoscopy. I'm scared!

Today do a urine test and blood test. Gynae arrange me on Wednesday to do laparoscopy. I quite shock and too sudden that so fast process to laparoscopy. I'm scared!

i was also scared.
main thing i am scared of is the pain afterwards. but fortunately it was just cramping and on day of surgery.

I'm starting to nervous and scared. Gynae said it just 45 mins surgery and after surgery and everything is fine. I can discharge from hospital.

I'm uncomfortable staying in hospital bed. If have a choice I will stay at home after everything is fine.

wow....u have a lot of cash to pay the bill hehe...
i think u will feel like lying down.
some people feel painful after op, some feel discomfort.

lying down helps to a certain extent.

i think it's very interesting how we breathe in the gas and we dont know what happen for the next few hours

true... and i was wonder hw they put the scope in when the wound is so small only. lol. amyway, is your menses here yet? it had been 5 days since i stop taking dydrogesterone and my menses is still here yet..

true... and i was wonder hw they put the scope in when the wound is so small only. lol. amyway, is your menses here yet? it had been 5 days since i stop taking dydrogesterone and my menses is still here yet..

why do you need to take that?
i dont need to take anything. i am just waiting for af. i think i will test on my supposed ovulation date.

Last edited:

Back