2017 Csect Mummies

Hi!! Any Csect mummies here?

Hello, going for a planned C Section in KKH on 3rd August if baby agree to follow the plan too. 2nd time C-section, first time was perform by a clown doctor (whose clinic is not in TMC) but the C-section was carried out in TMC facility.

Me!! First time too. Is there such a thing as a good doctor who is good at c-sect? (As in not painful). My friend said sure will be painful, it depends on individual threshold. Any good gynae to recommend for c-sect?

I'm a First time mum too.. Plan to csect but I have sinus.. Post preg will be very painful everytime I sneeze.. So im still hesitating..
Omg I have sinus too. But I really have no choice but to Csect. Cos of medical conditions. You?? By choice or medical condition?

Me!! First time too. Is there such a thing as a good doctor who is good at c-sect? (As in not painful). My friend said sure will be painful, it depends on individual threshold. Any good gynae to recommend for c-sect?
Hmm I think got difference. Like stitching wise mayb if better will be lesser pain...

May I know what kind of medical conditions will end up C sec?

And those who choose to C sec may I know why?

I'm first time and have been afraid of the delivery pain since a long time ago hehehe. The stitch both for natural and c sec scares me.
But I love my baby now 9th week in me and can't wait for it to grow and carry it in my arms.

May I know what kind of medical conditions will end up C sec?

And those who choose to C sec may I know why?

I'm first time and have been afraid of the delivery pain since a long time ago hehehe. The stitch both for natural and c sec scares me.
But I love my baby now 9th week in me and can't wait for it to grow and carry it in my arms.

I wasn't able to dilate fully after my waterbag burst for 10hours and baby kinda poop so needed a csec.... I heard from frens that natural healing is much faster as my csec stitches still hurts like after 2mths

I wasn't able to dilate fully after my waterbag burst for 10hours and baby kinda poop so needed a csec.... I heard from frens that natural healing is much faster as my csec stitches still hurts like after 2mths

I see!
Sounds so ouch.
I always think for natural if pee pee will be so painful.
N for C sect the cut is so huge...like how long will it take to fully heal.
Such a dilemma.
My colleague is expecting her 3rd when her 2nd is 2 yr old says her C sec area hurts abit sometimes.

I see!
Sounds so ouch.
I always think for natural if pee pee will be so painful.
N for C sect the cut is so huge...like how long will it take to fully heal.
Such a dilemma.
My colleague is expecting her 3rd when her 2nd is 2 yr old says her C sec area hurts abit sometimes.
I am only thankful for the pee and poop part cos no need worry pain but every little movement hurts... Esp when my ah blur dog accidentally jump on me at night during sleeping time!

If you get the right surgeon, c-sec is actually quite manageable pain aspect. Surgeon will order binder after ur procedure to hold the wound together and that really helps. Whenever u need to sneeze or cough, just hold the tummy with a pillow or just hold it and it is ok. I only took Panadol, and at worse tramadol after the c-sec.
My surgeon is Dr Henry Cheng who delivers at both MENH and Mt. A and he is great. Gave me only a small 5cm wound thereabout and such a neat stich that it blends in with the fold of my tummy. I was able to walk to the nursery on the second day in fact. And because it is c-sec, he will clean ur womb up well after the procedure so ur lochia (post partum bleeding) will also be less heavy than normal delivery.

Well it depends on individual body too.. Some takes a long time to heal, some feel nothing..
Yes my cousin told me to hold the wound/stomach when I sneeze so the wound doesn't move or vibrate.. She described the pain is, tears can roll down from ur eyes one.. Lol

Well it depends on individual body too.. Some takes a long time to heal, some feel nothing..
Yes my cousin told me to hold the wound/stomach when I sneeze so the wound doesn't move or vibrate.. She described the pain is, tears can roll down from ur eyes one.. Lol

I'm totally agree. C section for 1st time can be super painful.

When I had my c sect 1st and 2nd day bad bad pain but I can still walk ard as nurse want u to walk and also pee. But then days after it will lessen and more manageable day after day..take tremadol! That is a v gd painkiller! And ask for stool softeners so no need strain when pooing. Actually the pain will be better de..hv to get the tummy binder to hold in place. Worse pain than this was i kena acute appendicitis 2 weeks after. Still hv to cut me open again..oh and the c sect for me no need to remove stitches a week or 2 later cos they use dissolvable surgical threads nowadays.

Hi ladies I created a Facebook group sometime back cos the only birth solution for me was Csect. If interested can request to join. Now still very little Pple but hope many mummies can share their experience...
ImageUploadedByForum1473153245.836053.jpg

Hi all,
Experienced C-Sec in 2 separate occasions.

1. 2nd pregnancy with complications (2008)
Due to hving a Type 4 Complete Placenta Previa (low lying placenta that covers the cervix opening completely)

2. Removal of two 6 to 7cm ovarian cysts in my right ovary (2012). Keyhole surgery wasn't successful thus hv to do a c-sec eventually.

I was blessed to hv a great gynae whom gave me so much reassurance cos of her experience (she is also my mum's gynae) and surprised that I did not really feel any pain for both operations.

Currently pregnant with number 3 - gonna do c-sect cos gynae hopes to check & clear any possible little residual from last op.

My gynae will sew every single layer - layer by layer, that helps in the healing process.

Smile

Hi all,
Experienced C-Sec in 2 separate occasions.

1. 2nd pregnancy with complications (2008)
Due to hving a Type 4 Complete Placenta Previa (low lying placenta that covers the cervix opening completely)

2. Removal of two 6 to 7cm ovarian cysts in my right ovary (2012). Keyhole surgery wasn't successful thus hv to do a c-sec eventually.

I was blessed to hv a great gynae whom gave me so much reassurance cos of her experience (she is also my mum's gynae) and surprised that I did not really feel any pain for both operations.

Currently pregnant with number 3 - gonna do c-sect cos gynae hopes to check & clear any possible little residual from last op.

My gynae will sew every single layer - layer by layer, that helps in the healing process.

Smile
Hi dear you mean usually gynae doesn't sew every layer?

Hi dear you mean usually gynae doesn't sew every layer?

Hi,
I am not very sure... but I think not everyone is the same. As she is very experienced, I hv to say it was very nicely done. And for both operations, I did not feel pain at all. Unlike some gynaes who left it to the hospital nurses to remove the tube on tummy days after C-Sec, Dr Tanny Chan always do it herself. And not painful I remembered. But the patient next to me was screaming in pain.

Hi,
I am not very sure... but I think not everyone is the same. As she is very experienced, I hv to say it was very nicely done. And for both operations, I did not feel pain at all. Unlike some gynaes who left it to the hospital nurses to remove the tube on tummy days after C-Sec, Dr Tanny Chan always do it herself. And not painful I remembered. But the patient next to me was screaming in pain.
Tube in tummy? ?? My experience no tube in tummy at all lei..

I agree that if you had the choice then go for natural for the 1st delivery. I had an emergency c-sec for my 1st. Its less to do with the gynae's skills of stitching (mine did a great job as the wound healed well) but after 7 layers of skin has been cut, recovery is not so simple. I had to lie in bed for 4 days cos of the pain and could not carry my newborn properly because i felt he was sitting on my wound. That affected my ability to breast feed him of course since he wouldn't latch in the baseball position by the side.

I have sinus and every time i sneezed or coughed my stomach felt like it was splitting open even though i had a great medical binder. Jamu massage could only start 2 mths after (on advise of my gynae) which meant that the flabbiness will stay longer than ever - with natural delivery you can start having slimming jamu massages and wraps a week after which means its still effective!

So you decide: do you want 1 day of pain (maybe none with epidural) with 3 days of recovery for natural, or zero pain with 2 mths of painful recovery for c-sec?

1 more consideration:
My colleague's wife opted for c-sec since her gynae only did c-secs. His baby ended up in ICU for 10 days. He told me that part of the reason is: natural birth has a way to squeeze the fluid out of the lungs of the baby as he contorts his body and squeezes out of the birth canal but c-sec babies don't go through that, so some of them are born with amniotic fluids in the lungs and have to be hospitalised with tubes all over them in ICU the minute they are born. Its a heartbreaking sight and the couple didn't know there was such a risk for their baby when they happily opted for the more convenient planned c-sec..

My first c-sec was super painful. First surgery ever.

2nd c-sec was a breeze - I guess the body gets used to it??!! And the scar is no longer visible - have to say my gynae's skills very good! Cos my first gynae's c-sec left a keloid scar and I had to return to remove stitches while the 2nd gynae didn't have to remove stitches - she also removed my first scar but I was surprised that now the scar is no longer visible unless you know where to look!

A good binder helps with any post-surgery pain!

Any mummies need a tummy binder n loop pads?
I hv some to let go to clear space.

Interested parties, pls pm

Collage 2016-12-20 10_53_22.jpg
20161220_095338.jpg

hi, sorry for being random but can anyone advise whether is it safe to take pi pa gao? I am currently 29 weeks liao. Caught a cold and my throat is so scratchy and painful.

Hello Mummies here, wondering for those who have no choice to go for csection, which will you be opting to go for?
1. Epidural
2. GA?

Saw so many videos on csection + epidural administration till i'm really scared deep down.

i might have to go thru c-sect cause gynae said my baby too big. if it really happens, will go for epi. cause i wanna carry my baby the moment he's out! hahaha.

Thanks delightful, but am really scared deep down, too scare to be awake to go through all the procedures, but of cos' I too want to see my baby.. :confused:

u most prob won't feel any pain or what during the process. at most can only feel tugging n stuffs but it's painless and there will be a board or something blocking your view.

nxt thing u know, bb is out! :)

u most prob won't feel any pain or what during the process. at most can only feel tugging n stuffs but it's painless and there will be a board or something blocking your view.

nxt thing u know, bb is out! :)

Hello loveholic, i think is my own phobia, really timid inside, scared of everything, hai, but I will try my best go for epidural one, cos' wanna see baby!

Hi ladies in popping in feb .I was advised by my gynae to go for csect with spinal anesthesia .My first pregnancy ended in a Emergency csect ,I tried both epidural and GA ,well I had side effects .This round I wiil be opting for spinal Jab .As the days getting nearer ,feeling excited but anxiety and stress as well .

Have anyone done a VBAC? Do you encourage this?
If I opt for C-sec, do I need to select an auspicious day to do c-sect?? Or let the waterbag decide?

Hello Mummies here, wondering for those who have no choice to go for csection, which will you be opting to go for?
1. Epidural
2. GA?

Saw so many videos on csection + epidural administration till i'm really scared deep down.

Epidural will be better if possible.
Coz read that GA will have some side effect on baby when they still inside womb.

Unless due to medical issue can only go for GA

Yes, can feel tugging feel (the feel quite weird I must say) but on the whole, quite fast...

I jus wonder if csec will allow for skin-to-skin contact or not. Forgot to check with my dr on this...

Epidural will be better if possible.
Coz read that GA will have some side effect on baby when they still inside womb.

Unless due to medical issue can only go for GA

Yes, can feel tugging feel (the feel quite weird I must say) but on the whole, quite fast...

I jus wonder if csec will allow for skin-to-skin contact or not. Forgot to check with my dr on this...

They will show you the baby (if epidural) but only skin to skin in the ward...at least for me that's what happened

Back