Support Group - Endometriosis and Fibroids.

yes don't give up! I've stage 4 endo since I was 19 - that's like 16 years already. Plus I've adenomyosis and fibroids too. Did IVF last year and am 7.5mth preggy with my son now. So don't give up. There is hope for us even if we have to go for assisted conception. :)

Hi dear! I'm also diagnosed with PCOS & adenomyosis(endometriosis). My advise to you is to check with Gynae on the seriousness of your endo condition. If is very serious type, after your jabs and when menses come back again, will advise you to start TTC with clomid and metformin or letrozole. And book ivf at the same time as the appointments takes a few months to book! After trying for maybe 3 months, if no news, by then ivf appt would have arrived, then can proceed to ivf. But if Gynae say yours not very serious, then no need so kiasu! As for symptoms of jab, my experience was at first behavior quite menopause. Cry at the slightest things, but after a while your body gets use to the jabs then shouldn't be that much of an issue already!
Ya the gynae did mention she will want me to actively try and conceive after the jabs.. Ya I was feeling super down the past few days, like very irritable and burst into tears for the smallest reasons.. :/
For IVF right, is there any recommended place to do it? I don't think I can afford private IVF for the long run.. :/

Welcome Eeeeeel

Yes same symptoms as menopause. Like putting on weight , hot flushes etc. I really needs to cut down on my food seems like I m putting on weight quite fast.
Hahah thanks Sunbelle! I hope I will put on some weight leh.. I'm actually underweight all my life, after the op and jab I actually lost more weight.. :( the doc say I need to try to put on more weight if I want to have a healthy pregnancy next time.. How long after your lap before you had your first child?
Hehehe thanks for the encouragement! :)

yes don't give up! I've stage 4 endo since I was 19 - that's like 16 years already. Plus I've adenomyosis and fibroids too. Did IVF last year and am 7.5mth preggy with my son now. So don't give up. There is hope for us even if we have to go for assisted conception. :)
Hello! :)
thanks for the encouragement! :)
Where did you do your IVF? Generally what's the process like ar before doc will recommend for IVF?

Dear CTTC, how do u cope with the monthly pain huh?
Actually.... I tolerate it as much as possible. Unless super intolerable, then I take pain relief medication! Cos I don't like to take medicines, always feel that it will somehow harm my overall body health haha. What about you? How you cope? Oh ya at night I will put warm compress!

Ya the gynae did mention she will want me to actively try and conceive after the jabs.. Ya I was feeling super down the past few days, like very irritable and burst into tears for the smallest reasons.. :/
For IVF right, is there any recommended place to do it? I don't think I can afford private IVF for the long run.. :/
It's normal, don't worry ya. Must also communicate this to your hubby. During this period, hubby will be your pillar of strength and also the one to tolerate your "nonsense". I still remember that time I 动不动就cry and after crying I was wondering to myself why I cried. Hahahahaha. Ivf I book at KKH with Dr Tan Heng Hao. Govt one got subsidy! Private too exp :(

Great to hear that!! Can I check with you how long did you try naturally before going for ivf? Cos I am thinking of going ivf quickly but Gynae mentioned can try for 3 months more before going for IUI/IVF.

Hi all :),
I am new here. I have plan for IVF. As I am not getting govt subsidy, anyone can help to update me on the cost for private and gov hospital?
How long do I need to wait if I am going for private hospital?

Yo ladies, I m lucky to get preggie naturally. yeah aged 40 this year- senior citizen Liao haha originally wanted to have 2nd one but scared

It's normal, don't worry ya. Must also communicate this to your hubby. During this period, hubby will be your pillar of strength and also the one to tolerate your "nonsense". I still remember that time I 动不动就cry and after crying I was wondering to myself why I cried. Hahahahaha. Ivf I book at KKH with Dr Tan Heng Hao. Govt one got subsidy! Private too exp :(
oh so you went to kkh straight or went via polyclinic referral?

Hi all, I am not sure if I am posting this at the correct place, if I am not, sorry.

I am planning for a baby soon and went for a medical check, pap smear and stuff. Then I found out I have an ovarian cyst. :( It almost drove me bonkers as I have no knowledge about this stuff.
So today, hubby went with me to the review, but he is not too please with this new gynae that I pick (for convenience seek, I changed to this new gynae).
The gynae can't seem to tell us what to do with it.
Its 3.5cm now, I read somewhere that the cyst will affect ability to get pregnant. Is that true?
Gynae keep telling us to wait till its 5cm or wait till I pregnant. But then he mentioned something like if I remove the cyst during pregnancy, there is chance of miscarriage. So.... what am i supposed to do?

Hi all, I am not sure if I am posting this at the correct place, if I am not, sorry.

I am planning for a baby soon and went for a medical check, pap smear and stuff. Then I found out I have an ovarian cyst. :( It almost drove me bonkers as I have no knowledge about this stuff.
So today, hubby went with me to the review, but he is not too please with this new gynae that I pick (for convenience seek, I changed to this new gynae).
Its 3.5cm now, I read somewhere that the cyst will affect ability to get pregnant. Is that true?
Gynae keep telling us to wait till its 5cm or wait till I pregnant. But then he mentioned something like if I remove the cyst during pregnancy, there is chance of miscarriage. So.... what am i supposed to do?
Mpig, seek for second opinion! If you want I can recommend you my Gynae...

Great to hear that!! Can I check with you how long did you try naturally before going for ivf? Cos I am thinking of going ivf quickly but Gynae mentioned can try for 3 months more before going for IUI/IVF.

I tried naturally for 2 years before I go for IUI. Then after that I tried naturally for about 4 years. So about 6years plus then I went for IVF. But I wish I had tried earlier.

Hello! :)
thanks for the encouragement! :)
Where did you do your IVF? Generally what's the process like ar before doc will recommend for IVF?

I did mine at Raffles Hospital with Dr Sheila Loh. Actually she is the second fertility Dr I went to so by then I knew what I want. She checked me and I had a cyst in my right ovary and adenomyosis on the left side of my uterus. However, she checked my tumour marker and since they are not very active, she decided to go for IVF. From my first appt to her to the time I did IVF, was about 6mths perhaps but that was because of my cyst etc. Some Dr may ask you to do SO-IUI first whilst some may ask you to straightaway do IVF.

Hi all :),
I am new here. I have plan for IVF. As I am not getting govt subsidy, anyone can help to update me on the cost for private and gov hospital?
How long do I need to wait if I am going for private hospital?

You can check the IVF support group. There's ladies who've done their IVF at different hospitals so they can tell you how much it cost.
For private hospitals, it depends on the availability of Drs. Some Dr have a waiting time of 1.5 to 2mths.

Unfortunately, the gynae will never tell you exactly what to do because it's up to you. They won't push you for a surgery but they will tell you their opinions.

My second surgery, I have 1 cyst in each ovary but they were like 4 to 6cm. My Dr suggested surgery and I decided to go with it.

Prior to my IVF, I have a cyst which is about 3-3.4cm and my Dr suggested not to do surgery since the tumour marker (CA125) shows that it's not active. So we decided to proceed with IVF. I got pregnant with IVF and my Dr said the cyst should shrink but I have to be careful in case the cyst burst during pregnancy as a surgery will be needed then.

So you have to follow your gut instincts and your risk appetite. Also depends on your Dr's risk appetite. Some Drs may recommend surgery to remove the cyst but some will say no need.

Unfortunately, the gynae will never tell you exactly what to do because it's up to you. They won't push you for a surgery but they will tell you their opinions.

My second surgery, I have 1 cyst in each ovary but they were like 4 to 6cm. My Dr suggested surgery and I decided to go with it.

Prior to my IVF, I have a cyst which is about 3-3.4cm and my Dr suggested not to do surgery since the tumour marker (CA125) shows that it's not active. So we decided to proceed with IVF. I got pregnant with IVF and my Dr said the cyst should shrink but I have to be careful in case the cyst burst during pregnancy as a surgery will be needed then.

So you have to follow your gut instincts and your risk appetite. Also depends on your Dr's risk appetite. Some Drs may recommend surgery to remove the cyst but some will say no need.

CA125 is done via a blood test right?
I just wondering if I should just continue to try or just go ahead and remove it.

Yes CA 125 is a Cancer marker test. yeah so get ourselves tested to know the condition. Yeah the Higher the reading , the more pain you will felt each month

I tried naturally for 2 years before I go for IUI. Then after that I tried naturally for about 4 years. So about 6years plus then I went for IVF. But I wish I had tried earlier.
I see. I wanted to go for IVF if after 3 months of trying still not successful but Gynae told me to try IUI first. Then I was thinking might as well go straight to IVF. Thats my preference though.

Good to hear that!! It's encouraging!!

I see. I wanted to go for IVF if after 3 months of trying still not successful but Gynae told me to try IUI first. Then I was thinking might as well go straight to IVF. Thats my preference though.

Yup.. I think IUI doesn't boost the chances by much. IVF has a better rate. For me, my Dr advised to go straight to IVF because of the cyst and adenomyosis.

Sorry i just posted in the ttc group. Thot this grp more apt so im posting again.. doc says i have an endometriotic cyst and suggested removal. Thing is i dont have much symptoms of discomfort associated with endo (which was also why not discovered earlier). Wanna know if anyone managed to conceive despite no surgery?

Sorry i just posted in the ttc group. Thot this grp more apt so im posting again.. doc says i have an endometriotic cyst and suggested removal. Thing is i dont have much symptoms of discomfort associated with endo (which was also why not discovered earlier). Wanna know if anyone managed to conceive despite no surgery?
Hi TTC2016, did your Gynae suggest surgery? If it's not affecting your life then I guess don't go for surgery is better!

Hi TTC2016, did your Gynae suggest surgery? If it's not affecting your life then I guess don't go for surgery is better!
Hi cttc, he says cyst removal will increase chances of ttc so highly encouraged.. but im not so keen la. Though we've been trying for awhile n unsuccessful..

It depends what kind of cyst. I have endometriIsis, according to some gynaes it contaminates the eggs and Fallopian tube before the sperms n egg have chance to fertilize. But some of them do not believe in that theory. I had it removed but it grew back the next month. Regretted it. I would recommended u go to reputable doctor who is expert in cyst n also ivf, so can judge ur condition better. The one I went to did not do ivf, so to me he tried to get as much money out from me within his area of expertise. I would go to sf loh if I heard about him before I had anything done. Eventually i resort to ivf in Nuh with the cyst in my ovary n successfully got pregnant.

Please see my posting above. I think that answer ur question

It depends on where the cyst is and how big it is. I managed to avoid a third surgery even though I had a cyst in my right ovary. I did IVF instead and succeeded.

For my 2nd surgery, I had no extraordinary symptoms but I had 2 big cysts in my ovaries. So it doesn't mean you have to have a symptom.

Hi cttc, he says cyst removal will increase chances of ttc so highly encouraged.. but im not so keen la. Though we've been trying for awhile n unsuccessful..
I suggest to seek for second opinion. Usually if can don't op is better ah... A while is how long? If really is only a while then try somemore first! Op is not good unless necessary!

Yup.. I think IUI doesn't boost the chances by much. IVF has a better rate. For me, my Dr advised to go straight to IVF because of the cyst and adenomyosis.
I also feel IUI not much of a difference but I met one Gynae who asked and insisted me to try that first before ivf because ivf can't be reversed!

Hi ttc2016,

I have an endo cyst as well but am not TTC. However, my gynae did tell me that it's very possible to have a successful pregnancy without removing the cyst, as long as the cyst is smaller than 5cm. If it's bigger, there's a chance it may rupture.

I also feel IUI not much of a difference but I met one Gynae who asked and insisted me to try that first before ivf because ivf can't be reversed!

Maybe the gynae thinks you have a chance at IUI. Depends on your endo and age also. I did IUI a few years ago too.

Endo campaign 2016_24 Mar 2016-01.jpg

Anyone wants to go listen to an Endo talk by a doc from NUH, do some yoga and colouring therapy?
Sat 9 April

Thanks everyone for sharing!
I went ahead with the CA125. Tumor marker is low. *relieved*

I also went for an appointment at KKH. Seen Dr Khoo Chong Kiat. He says that the cyst should not be an issue for me to conceive, but he still went ahead to arrange for me to go for a full scan or something in two weeks time.
Maybe part of me regretting getting married so late, mid thirties. Sighz.

Thanks everyone for sharing!
I went ahead with the CA125. Tumor marker is low. *relieved*

I also went for an appointment at KKH. Seen Dr Khoo Chong Kiat. He says that the cyst should not be an issue for me to conceive, but he still went ahead to arrange for me to go for a full scan or something in two weeks time.
Maybe part of me regretting getting married so late, mid thirties. Sighz.

That's good news! Yah, if Dr say shouldn't be an issue then should be ok. :)

That's good news! Yah, if Dr say shouldn't be an issue then should be ok. :)
That's good news mpig! :D
I had a laparoscopy done to remove my endometriotric cyst about a month ago. I didn't even knew it existed, by the time I found out it was 5cm and has ruptured. :/
My CA 125 was >100, will do a re-test in 4 weeks, 2 months post-op to see if it decreases.

Don't feel that way, nothing to do with marrying late. I am in my mid twenties, married early but I also kanah both PCOS & endometriosis. :(
I guess at the end of the day, at least we managed to get things checked and we are still in relatively good health! :)
Jia you!

Ya my hubby quite understanding lah.. I just had my 2nd jab, gynae did warn that the side effects may be stronger this month. My hubby just nice away for 6 weeks overseas. T.T
Wanna check with you ar, did you have your period after your first jab? I had a super long period (8 days, normally before op my period nv more than 4 days). Gynae say is normal, hence warned me that I will likely feel the menopausal symptoms more this month.
I will be going for 3rd jab next month, will ask the gynae what should be the course of action.. Hopefully can ttc naturally first before thinking of ivf. Expensive ar.. T.T

That's good news mpig! :D
I had a laparoscopy done to remove my endometriotric cyst about a month ago. I didn't even knew it existed, by the time I found out it was 5cm and has ruptured. :/
My CA 125 was >100, will do a re-test in 4 weeks, 2 months post-op to see if it decreases.

Don't feel that way, nothing to do with marrying late. I am in my mid twenties, married early but I also kanah both PCOS & endometriosis. :(
I guess at the end of the day, at least we managed to get things checked and we are still in relatively good health! :)
Jia you!
Eveeel in in the same situation as you haha. Also married early and in but me towards end twenties. At least you mid ah higher chances!! I'm 28 this year.

Last edited:
Hello everyone...
So I went for the full ultrasound yesterday. :/ I have two cysts, fibroid and one dunno what "polyp".
Scheduled for laparoscopy month-end. My pain tolerance quite low, not sure how it would be. But Dr. Khoo keep telling me small case.
Hopefully, everything goes well.
Thanks for all the support.

Hello everyone...
So I went for the full ultrasound yesterday. :/ I have two cysts, fibroid and one dunno what "polyp".
Scheduled for laparoscopy month-end. My pain tolerance quite low, not sure how it would be. But Dr. Khoo keep telling me small case.
Mpig, what is full ultrasound scan?

Hello everyone...
Hi mpig, are the cysts and fibroids affecting your menses, like for example super huge pain, or are they affecting your fertility? If they are not, my suggestion is to seek alternative opinion to see if it's ok not to go for lap.

Back