IVF at KKH

Oh, my 1st cycle everyday I go down to KKH to let the nurse inject for me. For my 2nd cycle, my husband injects for me. :D
Woah... U travel down everyday.... u not working ah? Mine i ask my husband to inject for me tho i am not really afraid of the needle. But the thought of poking myself using the needle i got no courage to do it.. hahahaha

Woah... U travel down everyday.... u not working ah? Mine i ask my husband to inject for me tho i am not really afraid of the needle. But the thought of poking myself using the needle i got no courage to do it.. hahahaha

Oh, for my 1st cycle, I was still holding a full-time job. For my 2nd cycle, I juz quited and my last day was last Friday. :p

Guys do you know how much is ivf? I havnt gone for the counselling. But hubby scared if no subsidy, we cant afford it. Im turning 40 in july la. If you have the numbers, can share with me please?

Guys do you know how much is ivf? I havnt gone for the counselling. But hubby scared if no subsidy, we cant afford it. Im turning 40 in july la. If you have the numbers, can share with me please?
the 1st cycle that i went was around 10K+. so govt subsidise 6k+ and medisave pay 3K+.. Mine is private coz i didnt go Poly to get referral letter.

Each ivf fresh cycle will cost abt $10k to $15k at KKH. For female sg citizens below 40 yrs old, there will be govt grants for 3 fresh and 3 frozen cycles. Hence, there will be minimal cash outlay. Hope this info helps. :)

woah @Marshmallow_BB .... My 1st cycle on the 2ww i feel like its so long... i cant imagine if i quit just to get rdy for the 2nd cycle.. i will go crazy i think.. :D hahahaha.... care to share where u stay?

I stay near Tiong Bahru area. How abt u? Actually I quitted not juz bcoz of the ivf journey. But the ivf journey do play a part among all other factors. Hehehe.

I stay near Tiong Bahru area. How abt u? Actually I quitted not juz bcoz of the ivf journey. But the ivf journey do play a part among all other factors. Hehehe.
i see... I hope i can be like you also.. hahaha but i will sure go crazy. Im staying at punggol :p

Nope leh. Dr also cant find the cause of no implantation. :( My tubes are not blocked but my issue is low egg reserve so v few eggs are being retrieved from my first cycle.

Yap, started my 2nd fresh cycle this mth and due for ER tmr. In Apr, KKH has blk out dates from 16 to 21 Apr. So wld u be doing yr 2nd fresh cycle in May?
If it falls under this period then I'll started my 2nd cycle in May.
All the best to you!

Hi ladies.. Anyone here went for their first consultation at kkh as a subsidized patient? I need to know how much you need to pay and what are the tests the doctor do on that day? Thanks!

@Marshmallow_BB you done with you ER? :)

Hilllloo jenny, yap yap. Now resting at hm. So far the whole ER experience for my 2nd cycle is ok today but my ER tdy is done by Dr Jessie Poon instd of Dr Jerry Chan.

The needle thing is also okay tdy but juz that when the nurse took out the needle b4 I go hm, she didnt press my palm long enuf and my whole plaster is covered with blood. Got a fright then. Hahaha.

Hilllloo jenny, yap yap. Now resting at hm. So far the whole ER experience for my 2nd cycle is ok today but my ER tdy is done by Dr Jessie Poon instd of Dr Jerry Chan.

The needle thing is also okay tdy but juz that when the nurse took out the needle b4 I go hm, she didnt press my palm long enuf and my whole plaster is covered with blood. Got a fright then. Hahaha.

What time you went for your ER? Morning? hope to hear good news from you.. So ET will be tmr?
Hope to hear good news from you... :)

Hi. I'm new here.
Got endometriosis and blocked tubes.
1st cycle ivf unsuccessful due to no implantation.
Now consulting Thomson chinese medicine for acupuncture.
My 2nd ivf cycle starts in Apr/may.
Anyone have the same issues like me and got pregnant eventually? I'm getting disheartened, losing faith.
Hi Jena Tay sorry to hear about this.
Where did you do your IVF?
Keep trying. Never give up.

Marsh, how long ago did you arrange for this ivf? If its done for march cycle, so doctor arranged for it in feb?

Im seeing dr tan only in april, cos hes away for conference end march. When do u think he can schedule me for ivf? Im so excited and want to start asap.

Marsh, how long ago did you arrange for this ivf? If its done for march cycle, so doctor arranged for it in feb?

Im seeing dr tan only in april, cos hes away for conference end march. When do u think he can schedule me for ivf? Im so excited and want to start asap.

@Cheetarr I failed my first cycle with Blood test BFN result in Jan 2016. Started my 2nd cycle this mth. I heard that now the earliest slot for ivf is in June. All the best to u babe!!

Hi all, I'm new here too... Been searching stuffs and tips abt ivf. I have started my ivf at kkh. Previously had an ectopic pregnancy, failed iui and now i hope for the best for this ivf. Currently im on puregon shots. So far have not seen doc since strt of ivf. Is it normal? Plus nurses dont reallly explain much. Usually how long is all of ur ER after the shots? Hope im nt asking silly questions. Hehe :)

Hi all, I'm new here too... Been searching stuffs and tips abt ivf. I have started my ivf at kkh. Previously had an ectopic pregnancy, failed iui and now i hope for the best for this ivf. Currently im on puregon shots. So far have not seen doc since strt of ivf. Is it normal? Plus nurses dont reallly explain much. Usually how long is all of ur ER after the shots? Hope im nt asking silly questions. Hehe :)

Hi Fafy, itz normal not to see the drs at this stage. The ER date from first day of menses DIFFERS between individuals. ;) My ER date for this cycle is 12 days from my 1st day of menses. Good luck to u in yr ivf!!

Hey Fafy, Is your tube being removed due to the ectopic? I had the same situation like you before and mine tube is being removed on 1 side. :)

Hi!! I am new to this forum and am really nervous about my upcoming ivf with Dr Tan Hh at kkh.

The plan is to do it in April. I have PCOS and sadly, my HSG scan in December showed that I had unicornuate uterus (having only one Fallopian tube and a small uterus).

Dr Tan has mentioned that he can only place one egg during ivf.

Loads of luck for all your ivf!

Hey Fafy, Is your tube being removed due to the ectopic? I had the same situation like you before and mine tube is being removed on 1 side. :)
Hi jennycsy! No i did not. I opt for the injection thingy. At tht point of time, everything was so fast. One day i was preg and the next day doc say i cant keep it. I opt for the injection as it doesnt sound so scary as operation but still it was a long procedure :| Wat about you? U goin thru IVF as well?

Hi Fafy, itz normal not to see the drs at this stage. The ER date from first day of menses DIFFERS between individuals. ;) My ER date for this cycle is 12 days from my 1st day of menses. Good luck to u in yr ivf!!
Hey marshmallow_BB! I guess i was too nervous about this... Cos i had experience during my ectopic that they didnt really explain much things maybe thts y im a lil paranoid lol. Anyway i just went for another appoint just now. Doc say my uterine lining is not tht gd- only 4 but i have few folliciles and 2 of them is growing a lil fast than the others. I remebered one of the right one is 12.5 but i guess i have still a long way to go :| doc gav me 2 more 300 puregon and ganirilex. Have to scan again on wed

Now: need help n tips on to thicken my uterine lining and grow my egg.
Ive been searchin on ivf diet.
Currently taking egg whites 3 morning and 2 night
Just tried red bean soup once, but i drank the soup oni cos i dont really like red bean but after the result my hubby scold me to force myself eat the redbeans. Must i? Lol im goin crazy now cos i really want this to work...

Hi jennycsy! No i did not. I opt for the injection thingy. At tht point of time, everything was so fast. One day i was preg and the next day doc say i cant keep it. I opt for the injection as it doesnt sound so scary as operation but still it was a long procedure :| Wat about you? U goin thru IVF as well?
Yep im going through ivf too.. fail my 1st ivf cycle.. schedule to se dr tan in april... hope to do my 2nd cycle asap... :)

Hey marshmallow_BB! I guess i was too nervous about this... Cos i had experience during my ectopic that they didnt really explain much things maybe thts y im a lil paranoid lol. Anyway i just went for another appoint just now. Doc say my uterine lining is not tht gd- only 4 but i have few folliciles and 2 of them is growing a lil fast than the others. I remebered one of the right one is 12.5 but i guess i have still a long way to go :| doc gav me 2 more 300 puregon and ganirilex. Have to scan again on wed

Now: need help n tips on to thicken my uterine lining and grow my egg.
Ive been searchin on ivf diet.
Currently taking egg whites 3 morning and 2 night
Just tried red bean soup once, but i drank the soup oni cos i dont really like red bean but after the result my hubby scold me to force myself eat the redbeans. Must i? Lol im goin crazy now cos i really want this to work...

Hi Fafy, I can totally unds wat u r goin thru as this is my 2nd cycle with KKH. Wah, u eat 5 egg whites in a day? How do u manage that? I ate 2 eggs + 2 egg whites for 3 days b4 my ER and I oredi felt like puking. Hehe.

I also drank red bean soup. But I think I only drank less than 4 times for my current cycle. As it was takeaway from the hawker centre and the soup was too sweet, I only ate the red beans and drank v little soup.

Good luck to u in yr scan this Wed! :)

Hi Fafy, I can totally unds wat u r goin thru as this is my 2nd cycle with KKH. Wah, u eat 5 egg whites in a day? How do u manage that? I ate 2 eggs + 2 egg whites for 3 days b4 my ER and I oredi felt like puking. Hehe.

I also drank red bean soup. But I think I only drank less than 4 times for my current cycle. As it was takeaway from the hawker centre and the soup was too sweet, I only ate the red beans and drank v little soup.

Good luck to u in yr scan this Wed! :)

Thank u marshmallow! I feel like puking already yest when i ate at kk kopitiam lol- but i thnk just tahan abit :| now must tahan myself drink n eat the red bean- i hope theres some difference tomorow at the scanning.

Thank u marshmallow! I feel like puking already yest when i ate at kk kopitiam lol- but i thnk just tahan abit :| now must tahan myself drink n eat the red bean- i hope theres some difference tomorow at the scanning.

@Fafy u r most welcome. U r so cute. Haha. Do u mean that u r puking at the KK kopitiam when u r eating the eggs OR the red bean soup is the culprit? :D

@Cheetarr I failed my first cycle with Blood test BFN result in Jan 2016. Started my 2nd cycle this mth. I heard that now the earliest slot for ivf is in June. All the best to u babe!!

Thanks thanks. Im so excited! Cant wait to see Dr Tan, but still have to wait cos hes all booked earlier. Sighs. Where to find patience i ask you...

Read all your stories and wishing the best to everyone! Hope our dreams come true soon!

Hi!! I am new to this forum and am really nervous about my upcoming ivf with Dr Tan Hh at kkh.

The plan is to do it in April. I have PCOS and sadly, my HSG scan in December showed that I had unicornuate uterus (having only one Fallopian tube and a small uterus).

Dr Tan has mentioned that he can only place one egg during ivf.

Loads of luck for all your ivf!

@Vyonx good luck to u in your ivf next mth!! I hv heard success stories of ladies who BFP with 1 egg transferred. Jiayou and all the best ya.

Back