IVF at KKH

Hello ladies, i am new here. Juz went to Dr Tan at KKH today, gonna proceed with IVF treatment.. the earliest date shld b in june.. can i check, must take folic acid to prep the body now? i ask dr tan, he say no nid to take anything.. but my orher gfs ask me to take..
and i have "cold" womb, mentioned b4 by TCMs.. but i cannot take chinese medicines coz menses go haywire.. so excited n scared..

Hi!
This might help .. http://www.webmd.com/baby/folic-acid-and-pregnancy

I was at clinic D today, subsidized patient. And so they prepping me for IVF. But didnt say when, just told me to wait for call from nurses. If I want to see Dr Tan HH, should I wait for a consult with him? Or should I just do ivf under the subsidized rates?

I was at clinic D today, subsidized patient. And so they prepping me for IVF. But didnt say when, just told me to wait for call from nurses. If I want to see Dr Tan HH, should I wait for a consult with him? Or should I just do ivf under the subsidized rates?

@Cheetarr Hi, when u go for your first consultation visit, what kind of test the doctor do and did u ask for IVF straight or the doctor recommend u on that?

Hi everyone.. Im with Dr Tan HH too at KKH... Done the ET in march and went for blood test today and result is negative.. Abit disappointed though heard alot of positive remarks saying ppl succeed on their 1st try with Dr Tan.. Will go for 2nd cycle and next appointment with Dr Tan is on 22 april.. Never give up.. Wishing all ladies who will be going for ivf best of luck.. :)

Is everyone here active... hope to keep in touch and encourage each another for the ivf program :)

Hi @jennycsy I'm active here..keep in touch..going for my first consultation on 19 Apr at KKH under subsidized patient :)
Was wondering if I should go for IVF or IUI as my hubby have low sperm count :(

I book an appointment with dr yap lip kee at mount e for consultation, the nurse emailed me about the cost...for consultation around SGD 128 - 268 exclude the lab check up, blood test, medical, etc. Ill let u all know about the cost nextweek. I cancelled the booking with dr Tan at KKh, coz i got a good recommendation from friends to go to dr yap lip kee. I googled that dr yap was former dr in KKh but hes now the director of fertility at mount e.

@jennycsy If can, i want to do ivf straight. But i guess definitely they will recommend to do iui first. I have not yet went to my first consultation which is on 19 apr.

Hi @Pinkgrrl, just go for the 1 that you feel most confortable with... i went straight for ivf as i am coming to 37 this year and no time to waste... im looking forward for the next fresh cycle..

@Marshmallow_BB feeling excited for u.. stay positive and waiting for your good news. :) jiayou x2 i hope i can start mine soon also but i noe all these hv to be patience. Im just looking forward to it.

Is everyone here active... hope to keep in touch and encourage each another for the ivf program :)

Hi jenny! Hope you are well..this is my 1st ivf program..the problem is my hubby got low sperm count and we tried treatments in Jakarta for 1 year but its not really that help for the sperm count..thats why me and hubby decided to go for check up in Singapore...good luck to u all sisterss for the program..keep in touch :)

Hi @Pinkgrrl, why dont you go straight to ivf?

@jennycsy I wanted to try IVF straight coz I've seen a lot of failed IUI. Have not yet go for my first consultation which is on 19 Apr. I'm sure the doctor will advise to go for IUI first. 2 years back when I went for check up as private patient, the doctor found cysts and fibroids in me and I went for the surgery to remove. After the surgery, the doctor said that my hubby sperm count still low and advised to go for IVF. We stopped there as we thought IVF is very expensive and could not afford. Even I went for consultation after my cysts/fibroids surgery, the consultation fee was expensive. It was my mistake that I did not go to polyclinic for referral. Only now then I went to polyclinic to ask for referral and the staff booked an appointment on 19 Apr for me. I didn't know that there was a government/medisave subsidized for referral patient.

@Marshmallow_BB feeling excited for u.. stay positive and waiting for your good news. :) jiayou x2 i hope i can start mine soon also but i noe all these hv to be patience. Im just looking forward to it.

@jennycsy thank u! My prob is low egg reserve so always v chi kui when it comes to ER time as v few eggs to retrieve. Hope u can start yr 2nd fresh cycle soon. From my understanding now KK is fully booked until May / Jun slots. U jiayou ya and ganbatte!!

Hi jenny! Hope you are well..this is my 1st ivf program..the problem is my hubby got low sperm count and we tried treatments in Jakarta for 1 year but its not really that help for the sperm count..thats why me and hubby decided to go for check up in Singapore...good luck to u all sisterss for the program..keep in touch :)
Hi @AP1705 stay positive and all will be in good hand.. dont give up!!

@jennycsy I wanted to try IVF straight coz I've seen a lot of failed IUI. Have not yet go for my first consultation which is on 19 Apr. I'm sure the doctor will advise to go for IUI first. 2 years back when I went for check up as private patient, the doctor found cysts and fibroids in me and I went for the surgery to remove. After the surgery, the doctor said that my hubby sperm count still low and advised to go for IVF. We stopped there as we thought IVF is very expensive and could not afford. Even I went for consultation after my cysts/fibroids surgery, the consultation fee was expensive. It was my mistake that I did not go to polyclinic for referral. Only now then I went to polyclinic to ask for referral and the staff booked an appointment on 19 Apr for me. I didn't know that there was a government/medisave subsidized for referral patient.
@Pinkgrrl its alright dont worry.. its never too late to start... i myself also went for cyst removal last july at sgh. My ivf suppose to be done at sgh but due to the ivf center is undergoing renovation and the doc ask me to go kkh first and not wait... we must jiayou... hope all our dreams come true..

@jennycsy thank u! My prob is low egg reserve so always v chi kui when it comes to ER time as v few eggs to retrieve. Hope u can start yr 2nd fresh cycle soon. From my understanding now KK is fully booked until May / Jun slots. U jiayou ya and ganbatte!!
@Marshmallow_BB oh serious ah... im returning to see dr tan in april.. but i think shd be able to give me a slot for it ba.. thinking back i shd have start this program earlier and not wait.. anyway be positive... we will be alright.. hope my 2nd cycle will bring me some luck..

@Marshmallow_BB oh serious ah... im returning to see dr tan in april.. but i think shd be able to give me a slot for it ba.. thinking back i shd have start this program earlier and not wait.. anyway be positive... we will be alright.. hope my 2nd cycle will bring me some luck..

@jennycsy I like your positive vibes. Letz both jiayou together and hope we both get BFP on our 2nd try ya. ;) :p

Hi. I'm new here.
Got endometriosis and blocked tubes.
1st cycle ivf unsuccessful due to no implantation.
Now consulting Thomson chinese medicine for acupuncture.
My 2nd ivf cycle starts in Apr/may.
Anyone have the same issues like me and got pregnant eventually? I'm getting disheartened, losing faith.

Hi. I'm new here.
Got endometriosis and blocked tubes.
1st cycle ivf unsuccessful due to no implantation.
Now consulting Thomson chinese medicine for acupuncture.
My 2nd ivf cycle starts in Apr/may.
Anyone have the same issues like me and got pregnant eventually? I'm getting disheartened, losing faith.

Don't lose hope ya. I oso failed my 1st ivf cycle as there is no implantation. My issue is low egg reserve. I m currently embarking on my 2nd fresh cycle. You jiayou ok! Hugs!!

Hi everyone.. Im with Dr Tan HH too at KKH... Done the ET in march and went for blood test today and result is negative.. Abit disappointed though heard alot of positive remarks saying ppl succeed on their 1st try with Dr Tan.. Will go for 2nd cycle and next appointment with Dr Tan is on 22 april.. Never give up.. Wishing all ladies who will be going for ivf best of luck.. :)

Hugs! Its different for each person. I know 3 other successful pregnancies for dr tan hh. So all the best for the next ivf. Good luck Jenny!

@Cheetarr Hi, when u go for your first consultation visit, what kind of test the doctor do and did u ask for IVF straight or the doctor recommend u on that?

Hi Pink!

First tests were blood tests, hiv, hepatitis and blood works all. I went to poly to see subsidized kkh, and did all my tests kn subsidies. Both me and hubby, we paid 240. Doc wanted me to do ivf, but i didnt have courage then. I asked for iui. This was last feb 2015.

Then i fractured my toe and never do iui. Till now, just decided ivf. So here i am. Looking for comfort. =)

Hi Pink!

First tests were blood tests, hiv, hepatitis and blood works all. I went to poly to see subsidized kkh, and did all my tests kn subsidies. Both me and hubby, we paid 240. Doc wanted me to do ivf, but i didnt have courage then. I asked for iui. This was last feb 2015.

Then i fractured my toe and never do iui. Till now, just decided ivf. So here i am. Looking for comfort. =)

@Cheetarr You paid 240 eventho it was subsidized?

@Cheetarr I don't hv a team lead doctor as I m a subsidised patient. They will assign random doctors to me. But I am always lucky to get the same doctor during doctor consultations and she is nice and patient.

So lucky! Im under dr jerry chans team when they assigned me as subsidised patient, but i never see same doctor for the last 4 visits.

Don't lose hope ya. I oso failed my 1st ivf cycle as there is no implantation. My issue is low egg reserve. I m currently embarking on my 2nd fresh cycle. You jiayou ok! Hugs!!
Did they mention y there is no implantation? I did a HSG then realise my tubes r blocked. Doc suspect this causes no implantation becos the toxic fluid flow to uterus.
U r starting your new cycle this mth? Mine is suppose to be on Apr. But seems like need to postpone due to PH.

Anyone had a successful pregnancy thru ivf with Fallopian tubes blocked? Dr Tan H H says I can opt to clip my tubes b4 I start another cycle but I there r pros n cons. Cos I alr have Low egg reserve. Prior to ivf I alr had 3 ops done due to endometriosis. So I decide not to go for another op.
But now I'm so worried that my 2nd fresh cycle will fail too due to this issue.

Anyone had a successful pregnancy thru ivf with Fallopian tubes blocked? Dr Tan H H says I can opt to clip my tubes b4 I start another cycle but I there r pros n cons. Cos I alr have Low egg reserve. Prior to ivf I alr had 3 ops done due to endometriosis. So I decide not to go for another op.
But now I'm so worried that my 2nd fresh cycle will fail too due to this issue.
Dont give up. Tho i dont know anyone of a similiar case like you but jia you :)

Did they mention y there is no implantation? I did a HSG then realise my tubes r blocked. Doc suspect this causes no implantation becos the toxic fluid flow to uterus.
U r starting your new cycle this mth? Mine is suppose to be on Apr. But seems like need to postpone due to PH.

Nope leh. Dr also cant find the cause of no implantation. :( My tubes are not blocked but my issue is low egg reserve so v few eggs are being retrieved from my first cycle.

Yap, started my 2nd fresh cycle this mth and due for ER tmr. In Apr, KKH has blk out dates from 16 to 21 Apr. So wld u be doing yr 2nd fresh cycle in May?

Back