(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

My lo has been cranky for the past few nights too. Wakes up 3 times each night and she would cry and whine. But she's not hungry. Turns out she was teething with her two upper teeth cutting her gums and the same time. Temperature was high and she had a fever. Guess it's bcos of teething. Her first 2 bottom came out at 6months and wasn't that bad. Any ways to ease her pain besides giving her lots of cold teether and teething gel?

My lo has been cranky for the past few nights too. Wakes up 3 times each night and she would cry and whine. But she's not hungry. Turns out she was teething with her two upper teeth cutting her gums and the same time. Temperature was high and she had a fever. Guess it's bcos of teething. Her first 2 bottom came out at 6months and wasn't that bad. Any ways to ease her pain besides giving her lots of cold teether and teething gel?

The upper teeth were worse for our baby as well. I think its because those teeth are bigger. I doesn't seem like there is much else that we can do though. :(

My bb is 9 mths old, hvnt seen her upper teeth erupted though. Only has 2 lower teeth now. Mayb she has been rejecting food due to gum soreness. She drinks more milk nowadays though. Probably bcoz milk no need to chew.. She looks v keen on our food, but when i act as if i am gonna feed her with our food, she rejected again. Curious but not keen to eat. Haha.

Dear mummy's, do u all experience scanty menses after birth? now my menses is like only light flow and end every short.

Mine is worst than before birth. First 3 days super heavy flow and most of times will stain bedsheet. So gotta put layers of towel so wont get to the mattress. And the cramps... sigh.... terrible. Sometimes I can't even feel my legs. :(

Mine is worst than before birth. First 3 days super heavy flow and most of times will stain bedsheet. So gotta put layers of towel so wont get to the mattress. And the cramps... sigh.... terrible. Sometimes I can't even feel my legs. :(

Same here...stained my bedsheets, sofa and even my office chair.. Sigh~ last time not so heavy one..

Yesterday tried to introduce Nan HA to my boy and he doesn't seems to like it. Then I tried to taste myself and it taste really awful and a bit bitter.. I thought Nan suppose to be nearest to BM didn't expect it to taste bitter..
Think will have to try other FM liao..

Yesterday tried to introduce Nan HA to my boy and he doesn't seems to like it. Then I tried to taste myself and it taste really awful and a bit bitter.. I thought Nan suppose to be nearest to BM didn't expect it to taste bitter..
How come you are trying nan ha? I'm planning to intro nan ha too as my girl has some allergy to formula and I may be weaning from breastfeeding after she turns 1.

How come you are trying nan ha? I'm planning to intro nan ha too as my girl has some allergy to formula and I may be weaning from breastfeeding after she turns 1.

Cause my boy has a bit of eczema when he was younger. And I heard people said Nan suppose to be the nearest to breastmilk.. But yesterday I tried even I can't bring myself to drink it. Tried to give him Total Comfort just now but failed also..

Cause my boy has a bit of eczema when he was younger. And I heard people said Nan suppose to be the nearest to breastmilk.. But yesterday I tried even I can't bring myself to drink it. Tried to give him Total Comfort just now but failed also..
I haven't tried the rest, but tried Enfamil - tastes okay. A bit sweet, but maybe that is why babies like.

I am also now in the process of weaning my boy from breastmilk.
have tried friso -> reaction was very strong, he threw up the milk plus earlier feeds :<
last night tried giving him similac, and he rejected too. only took a sip and started to retch.
my oh my, this weaning journey is tough!
I cant wait to stop BF and regain back my freedom

I am also now in the process of weaning my boy from breastmilk.
have tried friso -> reaction was very strong, he threw up the milk plus earlier feeds :<
last night tried giving him similac, and he rejected too. only took a sip and started to retch.
my oh my, this weaning journey is tough!
I cant wait to stop BF and regain back my freedom

Really not easy to wean.. I guess breastmilk really still taste better.. I tried those FM, they doesn't taste as nice.. Will continue to try.. Was thinking if really no choice after he turn 1 will give him freshmilk instead..

Last edited:
@evelyntan83 I totally agree. FM has this odd smell similar to chicken feed...hahaha
I think my baby is way too picky. He has always been very cautious with new food and his taste bud damn sensitive.
umm...giving fresh milk sounds like a good idea *ting*
well I will continue to try giving him some FM everyday from now on, even if it's only a sip, just to expose him to the taste.
Hopefully my perseverance will pay off.
All the best to u too :>

Really not easy to wean.. I guess breastmilk really still taste better.. I tried those FM, they doesn't taste as nice.. Will continue to try.. Was thinking if really no choice after he turn 1 will give him freshmilk instead..

Can try enfamil. My bb used to reject similac too, but she is okay with enfamil taste. Though bm is her first preference still. I also want to stop pumping liao. So tiring. Though I only pump 2x a day, and the rest latch. My hubby said OK to stop at 1 yr old. Must tahan 3 more mths. Haha.

Same here. Also scoop out, mash and give. But my baby doesn't like avocado. She makes a face and lets it fall out from her mouth >_<
Alamak.. My bb is also like that when she dun like the food. Over the weekend we tried strawberry yoghurt, also gave me that face and move away her face from the spoon. Today tried again, same thing. She likes avocado mixed with yoghurt though. U wanna try?

Can try enfamil. My bb used to reject similac too, but she is okay with enfamil taste. Though bm is her first preference still. I also want to stop pumping liao. So tiring. Though I only pump 2x a day, and the rest latch. My hubby said OK to stop at 1 yr old. Must tahan 3 more mths. Haha.

I also pump twice a day (no latching).. Barely or just enough for him now with some stash.. I got 2 more months to go.. :) hope can find a FM he willing to drink..

I suddenly have an idea. Shall we find a day in end Apr or may to celebrate our little ones first birthday? Also a milestone for us in this parenting journey together.

my LO is the other way around. I give him nan pro and he can drink very fast. Give him ebm, he drink slowly. I tried give LO many brands fm already. Tried enfamil, similac, nan pro. All he can drink. I am thinking if I can give him UHT milk when he turns 1.

my LO is the other way around. I give him nan pro and he can drink very fast. Give him ebm, he drink slowly. I tried give LO many brands fm already. Tried enfamil, similac, nan pro. All he can drink. I am thinking if I can give him UHT milk when he turns 1.

EBM too perious liao must drink slowly.. Heehee... I feel like disappointed my lo like that. He happily fetch over the milk bottle to drink then find out it taste werid after few slips then don't want liao.. I try to mix to cover the taste he also don't want.. Am wondering for UHT milk, do we also need to warm up like how we warm EBM?

U pump 2x a day, no latch, and got some stash?! How many ml you pump each time?! Haha..

Majority of my stash was built when I pump 3-4x a day last time.. Now I only get about 280-350ml each time.. My boy drinks lesser now after eating solid.. So barely enough now..

Alamak.. My bb is also like that when she dun like the food. Over the weekend we tried strawberry yoghurt, also gave me that face and move away her face from the spoon. Today tried again, same thing. She likes avocado mixed with yoghurt though. U wanna try?

U make ur own yogurt or buy the plain one from supermarket?

Majority of my stash was built when I pump 3-4x a day last time.. Now I only get about 280-350ml each time.. My boy drinks lesser now after eating solid.. So barely enough now..
280-350ml each time.. Thats my 2x pump a day haha. Ya my bb also drinks lesser after eating solid. As less as 300ml a day excl latch. She loves plain water, but I limit her water intake for now.. Else she wont drink her milk liao.

280-350ml each time.. Thats my 2x pump a day haha. Ya my bb also drinks lesser after eating solid. As less as 300ml a day excl latch. She loves plain water, but I limit her water intake for now.. Else she wont drink her milk liao.

My boy likes to drink water too which I think.its good.. Every day he can finish at least one sippy cup of water.. Although he drinks water, dont know why still constipate..

I realised my lo poo gets more solid and less watery after having solids. Anyone facing the same?

Same here.. Can see he try to push pretty hard but when check the diaper only a bit meaning still got a lot not out yet. Always got to help him to get all out.. Trying to give him more prune juice now hope will helps.. Now he still on BM already like that don't know when on FM how.. Sigh...

My boy likes to drink water too which I think.its good.. Every day he can finish at least one sippy cup of water.. Although he drinks water, dont know why still constipate..
Which sippy cup of water u r using? I m looking for one also.. Can put formula or bm instead of water anot ah?

Which sippy cup of water u r using? I m looking for one also.. Can put formula or bm instead of water anot ah?

I'm using NUK one.. So far I never try putting BM in it before..

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-03-02-08-22-24.png
    Screenshot_2016-03-02-08-22-24.png
    585.3 KB · Views: 160
Can I check it is made in where? And if BPA free? My hubby is very particular about it..

Yes. Its BPA free.. I got it from Amazon. Based on the website, its made in Germany.. :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-03-02-12-01-32.png
    Screenshot_2016-03-02-12-01-32.png
    185.6 KB · Views: 158
  • Screenshot_2016-03-02-12-02-29.png
    Screenshot_2016-03-02-12-02-29.png
    241.4 KB · Views: 166
I'm using NUK one.. So far I never try putting BM in it before..
Been so long since I last logged in. Can try straw bottles already. My LO been drinking from straw since few months ago, he is 10months old now. Easier for him to drink than the sippy cup I think. Lol. My boy hasn't grown any teeth yet but duno isit his gums are sore cos lately doesn't really wana eat his porridge / pasta/ other main lunch. But he is keen in fruits or our food thou.. so tiring to cook for him then eat lil bit only but I guess just gotta keep on trying.

Hi mummy..may I know how do u usually introduce new milk to ur bb ? I m not sure should I mix the old n new milk in each feed or maybe 2 new and 2 old milk per day?

Hi mummy..may I know how do u usually introduce new milk to ur bb ? I m not sure should I mix the old n new milk in each feed or maybe 2 new and 2 old milk per day?
Mixed old and new in different bottles u mean? I think u can intro 1 feed new fm in a day first, the rest old ones. Then gradually few days later, increase new fm intake.. This should work better if u intend to switch from old to new fm. If u intend to always mix for flexibility, then can do 50-50 per day.. But why change brand?

Saw this on Mamil Gold brochure.May be helpful for you..

Attachments

• _20160306_221557.JPG
    _20160306_221557.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 179
Mixed old and new in different bottles u mean? I think u can intro 1 feed new fm in a day first, the rest old ones. Then gradually few days later, increase new fm intake.. This should work better if u intend to switch from old to new fm. If u intend to always mix for flexibility, then can do 50-50 per day.. But why change brand?

Thank u. My boy is taking Similac total comfort. I want to change back to other normal Similac milk as he has no sensitive stomach or anything.

Sigh..its been 3 weeks my bb hates to eat. She ONLY likes banana so far. Other kind of food she will reject, incl today pumpkin, porridge and green bean soup. Sigh. I feel helpless.. :(

Sigh..its been 3 weeks my bb hates to eat. She ONLY likes banana so far. Other kind of food she will reject, incl today pumpkin, porridge and green bean soup. Sigh. I feel helpless.. :(

Hello,
You have have already tried this, but if you haven't, mix the other kinds of food you want to introduce with the banana. I went with one spoonful at a time into her apple mash (she really likes apples), until you hit a point where the new food versus banana (in your case) is too much, then they may not want. Then the next time, start at a higher new food versus banana mix. The heinz biscotti also helped us I think. We started with the apple biscotti, then when she liked the biscotti, we moved to other flavours. There is also a banana biscotti.

Back