(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Any mummies here know how to change the chinese character of baby's name? Where can I get the deed poll done? And how much?

If im not wrong, within 1 yo is foc. U maybe can call ICA to check with the process. After 1yo need get a lawyer and pay the fees etc..

Its been a long time since i came in here..
My lo jus visited kkh dietician not long ago, cos he dont show interest in solid, and didnt gain any weight for past 2 mths. Been a hectic 2016!!!! Was told to engage in food play, cannot force him to eat etc.. Tired ttm!
Lo started making whistling sounds with his lips in O shape, was unexpected he does tat frequently, duno if its his dad who kept doing in front of him.

Anyway, weather been real bad recently, take gd care everyone, drink more water avoid heaty stuff, and look forward to CNY ...

My drink ard 20-30ml water per Day. I honestly havent started on fruits. Ooooppsss...

Sorry it's called baby corn.

I think baby corn is ok, but not the big kind, cos it isnt digestable and when bb poops, it come out in full still. I tested during my #1 when she was 1+yo, then i knew it actually cannot breakdown. Haha. Quite interesting to see thou. Even some chunks of carrot can be seen :p *a bit gross lah*

hi @furbee ,

can I find out from you how to obtain appointment to see the KKh dietitian?
My LO simply has no interest in food and milk. Need to carry and walk him around the house during milk feeding.
Even the baby sitter wants to give up liao :'<
Wondering if I should take him to the doc.....

I think baby corn is ok, but not the big kind, cos it isnt digestable and when bb poops, it come out in full still. I tested during my #1 when she was 1+yo, then i knew it actually cannot breakdown. Haha. Quite interesting to see thou. Even some chunks of carrot can be seen :p *a bit gross lah*
My baby tried baby corn and she likes it.

I've seen the corn in her poop too! And carrots haha..tried egg yolk already but not citrus fruits yet..

hi @furbee ,

can I find out from you how to obtain appointment to see the KKh dietitian?
My LO simply has no interest in food and milk. Need to carry and walk him around the house during milk feeding.
Even the baby sitter wants to give up liao :'<
Wondering if I should take him to the doc.....

U can go polyclinic den ask them for referral... Will b cheaper den directly booking an appt at kkh. My lo was hospitalised before sp his follow up doc at kkh referred him there.
My lo must play peek a boo to open mouth :( understand ur stress too!! Might aso b signs of teething leh

Hi, mummies here, I'm a new mummy, looking after my bb alone. I'm curious on this latch on demand, any mummy doing latch on demand here? Is it every time when changing diaper carrying and burping doesn't stop bb crying mummy start to feed again?

Ya main hotline .. So how u checked already? Any updates?

Ya. I checked already.. :) My husband and I need to be present and bring along our IC, marriage cert and baby birth cert go to ICA level 3 to do it.. Baby do not need to be around.. It will cost about $40-60.. Haven't find time doing it yet..

Its been a long time since i came in here..
My lo jus visited kkh dietician not long ago, cos he dont show interest in solid, and didnt gain any weight for past 2 mths. Been a hectic 2016!!!! Was told to engage in food play, cannot force him to eat etc.. Tired ttm!
Lo started making whistling sounds with his lips in O shape, was unexpected he does tat frequently, duno if its his dad who kept doing in front of him.

Anyway, weather been real bad recently, take gd care everyone, drink more water avoid heaty stuff, and look forward to CNY ...

My drink ard 20-30ml water per Day. I honestly havent started on fruits. Ooooppsss...

Welcome back furbee! My nephew also prefers drinking milk over eating food...! First few mouthful was so difficult and he took a long time to finish up a tablespoon or porridge. But recently, he got the hang of it and he looks like he enjoys porridge. When introduce another type of food or even a tiny bit of bread, he will refuse to eat again...

I've been wanting to let my lo play and explore food on his own (blw) but it gets really messy and my PIL will keep telling me that it's dangerous for him and they're worried that he will choke...

Haha your lo so cute... I think he's just imitating someone or just learned this whistling trick and he's happy listening to his own sound/voice.

Hi, mummies here, I'm a new mummy, looking after my bb alone. I'm curious on this latch on demand, any mummy doing latch on demand here? Is it every time when changing diaper carrying and burping doesn't stop bb crying mummy start to feed again?

Hi Summer! Welcome to the group! I'm latching on demand too... It must have been tiring for you to take care of baby yourself...! When I was taking care of baby alone, I've to latch more often cos he will keep crying for no reason. Change diaper etc but still cry... Many ppl told me that it's also because they can "smell" mummy and bf is their favorite. They feel comfortable and secure too...

Now that I've moved in with my in law, I don't have to latch him that frequent already... He gets distraction and he started on solid too... He's 9mo already.

Hi Summer! Welcome to the group! I'm latching on demand too... It must have been tiring for you to take care of baby yourself...! When I was taking care of baby alone, I've to latch more often cos he will keep crying for no reason. Change diaper etc but still cry... Many ppl told me that it's also because they can "smell" mummy and bf is their favorite. They feel comfortable and secure too...

Now that I've moved in with my in law, I don't have to latch him that frequent already... He gets distraction and he started on solid too... He's 9mo already.

Thanks for replying. So it's normal we keep on latching? It's like no fix schedule. Esp I'm first time, bb vomit or spill make me nervous at times.. The only way to make myself comfy is that she gain 500g in 1 week. Now she's 4.55kg last wed at her 5th week. I had a bad experience in feeding a newborn rescued kitten and I think it choke to death the night bet discharge her due to pink panther swollen leg cos its mother give birth in a storeroom of a shop house and it dropped in between boxes.. End up I didn't manage to give it a 2nd new life.. This is a bad trauma for me so feeding newborn is kind of scary to me.. But this no schedule feeding also cause me confusion as I had excess supply and sometimes can feel my breast hard that I had to pump. But pumping will make even more than wat my bb need. Then if latch on demand will always give enuf supply to bb, how to do solve the excess problem? I had my fridge full of 20+ fbm, no pp want. It's heart ache to throw away too. And I read that older fbm doesn't taste nice to bb.. Anyway to slow the supply? Also my bb like choke when my breast very full. If I squeeze it will tell my breast to make more to replace... Very confuse here

I'm going to start giving porridge to my baby. Can I ask do we use the usual rice? How do you cook the porridge and what do you add to the porridge? Thanks.

Thanks for replying. So it's normal we keep on latching? It's like no fix schedule. Esp I'm first time, bb vomit or spill make me nervous at times.. The only way to make myself comfy is that she gain 500g in 1 week. Now she's 4.55kg last wed at her 5th week. I had a bad experience in feeding a newborn rescued kitten and I think it choke to death the night bet discharge her due to pink panther swollen leg cos its mother give birth in a storeroom of a shop house and it dropped in between boxes.. End up I didn't manage to give it a 2nd new life.. This is a bad trauma for me so feeding newborn is kind of scary to me.. But this no schedule feeding also cause me confusion as I had excess supply and sometimes can feel my breast hard that I had to pump. But pumping will make even more than wat my bb need. Then if latch on demand will always give enuf supply to bb, how to do solve the excess problem? I had my fridge full of 20+ fbm, no pp want. It's heart ache to throw away too. And I read that older fbm doesn't taste nice to bb.. Anyway to slow the supply? Also my bb like choke when my breast very full. If I squeeze it will tell my breast to make more to replace... Very confuse here
Try to get baby to latch on both sides..cos if you pump your body is generating more supply than what your baby needs if you do direct latch and pump. :)

Try to get baby to latch on both sides..cos if you pump your body is generating more supply than what your baby needs if you do direct latch and pump. :)

Thanks a lot. Do I need check both hard area when bb latch directly? Btw my bb can make sounds like angry when latching and very violent type. Sometimes before let go she tend to push her head away while biting my nipple. Is it common for bb to do that?

Thanks a lot. Do I need check both hard area when bb latch directly? Btw my bb can make sounds like angry when latching and very violent type. Sometimes before let go she tend to push her head away while biting my nipple. Is it common for bb to do that?
Yah..try to also massage when baby is latching so that the flow gets better. Hrmmm if she pushes her head away it may indicate that she had enough. How old is she btw?

Yah..try to also massage when baby is latching so that the flow gets better. Hrmmm if she pushes her head away it may indicate that she had enough. How old is she btw?
She's jus 6wo. Will massage while latching made my flow faster.. Cos my let down is fast n jus like tap dripping water.. Sometimes she choke esp early morning when breast are full.. I had try not bear as much as possible but seems breast always so heavy.. I even stop the lactation tablet that doc prescribe n stop drinking the milk powder.. I wish my breast not so loaded so that she can drink comfortably.

So fast my lo is 9 months old now.. Just went for his 9th month development checkup.. He is now much taller and heavier than I though he is as my MIL comments he actually a bit 縮水 when he stayed at my MIL's place for week during my Taiwan trip..

I'm going to start giving porridge to my baby. Can I ask do we use the usual rice? How do you cook the porridge and what do you add to the porridge? Thanks.

I use normal rice. I will add pumpkin, potato, carrot or brocolli or sweet potato. My bb already 9 mths old. He loves to eat porridge. I bought the yoei electric cooker. I find it very convenient especially I m someone not good in cooking. Just throw everything in will do. If ur bb just started solid, u better grind before cook.

I use normal rice. I will add pumpkin, potato, carrot or brocolli or sweet potato. My bb already 9 mths old. He loves to eat porridge. I bought the yoei electric cooker. I find it very convenient especially I m someone not good in cooking. Just throw everything in will do. If ur bb just started solid, u better grind before cook.
I also have an electric lunch cooker. How long do you usually cook for it to be the very soft? For the rice, do you wash it before you grind?

Can I ask how is the texture of the porridge u make? I m not sure if mine is too soft, but when I make abit rougher, my bb refused to eat..

Also, we made spinach puree for my girl, I read online we shouldnt boil spinach in e water but to steam it for 5mins and blend it? After that keep it in freezer forconsumption. Is this the correct method?

So fast my lo is 9 months old now.. Just went for his 9th month development checkup.. He is now much taller and heavier than I though he is as my MIL comments he actually a bit 縮水 when he stayed at my MIL's place for week during my Taiwan trip..
How heavy is he? My girl 7.3kg only. Nv increased much. 25-50 percentile only. Her height is 66cm, also 25-50 percentile. The next development check up will be ard march, tog with her pneumoccocal jab.

Can I check if anyone bought insurance for your baby yet? What are the critical ones tl get? And which insurer?

Yes I bought critical illness and hospitalization plan from prudential. Hospitalization very important. I've compared Aia, great eastern, axa and prudential. Quite similar....n competitive. If you are interested I can introduce you to my prudential agent. She's very nice and not pushy.

I also have an electric lunch cooker. How long do you usually cook for it to be the very soft? For the rice, do you wash it before you grind?

I don't wash the rice before grinding. After grind, keep in fridge. Whenever I want then I scoop, add water or soup n cook in electric lunch cooker. Very fast....

How heavy is he? My girl 7.3kg only. Nv increased much. 25-50 percentile only. Her height is 66cm, also 25-50 percentile. The next development check up will be ard march, tog with her pneumoccocal jab.

He's 78cm and 9.8kg now.. I'm pretty surprise.. I know he's tall but didn't know this tall..

He falls under how many percentile? Either u or ur hubby tall is it?

His height is 97 percentile and weight is 90 percentile. My husband is about 1.8m and I'm about 1.63m like that. When I'm pregnant, my gynae always said his limbs are very long in the ultrasound.

I usually cook for ard 45min. How many months is ur bb now? My bb already 9 months so I dun cook it till very soft. U can also grind the rice b4 cook or soak in hot water over nite b4 cook. Yes. I rinse n wash the rice b4 grind.

Can I ask how is the texture of the porridge u make? I m not sure if mine is too soft, but when I make abit rougher, my bb refused to eat..

Also, we made spinach puree for my girl, I read online we shouldnt boil spinach in e water but to steam it for 5mins and blend it? After that keep it in freezer forconsumption. Is this the correct method?

Quite soft.. but my bb can take rough texture now at 9 mths. I never try spinach puree. But did try spinach w potato n pumpkin. I grind all n steam it. I believe both way should be OK.

I wash the rice before cooking but didn't grind. I steam spinach separately for 5mins. But I cook the rest like potatoes/carrots/protein etc with the porridge together. Then blend everything altogether.

But now I mash the rice & fish. Others I blend. Then mix them.

Anyone facing difficulties making baby sleep? Past 2wks she's been very difficult to fall asleep. Can make her for 2hrs. Cot cry,my bed cry,carry also cry. But she's super tired. Close eyes n sleep but 2mins later get up & cry again. I really don't know what to do.

Anyone facing difficulties making baby sleep? Past 2wks she's been very difficult to fall asleep. Can make her for 2hrs. Cot cry,my bed cry,carry also cry. But she's super tired. Close eyes n sleep but 2mins later get up & cry again. I really don't know what to do.
Give her pacifier? Mayb she is teething?

Is she over tired?

Mine is day time don't want to seep and waking up at night recently. She used to sleep through the night. I suspect she may be over stimulated in the day. Still figuring out what to do.

Same here.. My boy been crying middle of the night with his eyes close. Feeling like he want to sleep but can't fall back to sleep like that..

I tried all sorts of timings from 8pm-11pm. Still the same! One night she woke up and cry from 2-6am! I'm not too sure if she's over stimulated in the day cos she's in ifc. But she naps about 2-3 times there.

Or maybe could be due to 8th month sleep regression... This is the time they learn a lot of new skills..

I tried all sorts of timings from 8pm-11pm. Still the same! One night she woke up and cry from 2-6am! I'm not too sure if she's over stimulated in the day cos she's in ifc. But she naps about 2-3 times there.
Must be so tiring for you. I woke up once or twice a night already like zombie the next day.

My bb wakes up 2x at night and cry with eyes closed, while kicking her legs. I need to let her latch, then she goes back to sleep. She nv sleep thru the night one lor.. V tiring for working mommy..

My bb wakes up 2x at night and cry with eyes closed, while kicking her legs. I need to let her latch, then she goes back to sleep. She nv sleep thru the night one lor.. V tiring for working mommy..

Same for me. But I don't latch my boy, we pat him back to sleep.. I'm luck as my husband will also wake up to pat pat my boy.. Hope this phase will passed soon..

Back