breast pump

Go for dual, after your birth, time is very precious. There will be lots of things to do and it's impt to take time for resting. Imagine you can half each session of expressing, adds to a lot of time savings daily.

my friend recommend medela freestyle. but it's so expensive..
her remarks was if get cheaper or other brands. If not suitable, we face problem pumping, no/little milk come out. Breasts will suffer only. After that might need to buy one more, and most prob cost more..

Actually, instead of Freestyle, u may consider Pump in Style.

Freestyle is gd as it enables u 2 pump on d go. All u need 2 do is charged it and u can pump any where. I used Freestyle as I m out 4 meetings quite a lot n d gd thing is all i need 2 find is a room n I can pump.

However, if u r desk bound, instead of Freestyle, Pump in Style may be more economical. D difference is Pump in Style requires a power point.

Hi,
you can try Spectra M1/ S1. Was using spectra M1 and was very good. Used avent double pump but too painful for me. Spectra is only about half the price of avent.

You may want to join FB groups like breastfeeding mums or exclusive pumping mums

Anyone tried Pigeon's brand newer breast pump?
Previously I tried Philips ISIS manual pump and its very good at getting the milk out. However the Philips newer manual pump wasn't efficient in extracting milk.
:( Medela also didn't work well for me either.

I have Philips single electric pump and M1 double pump. I use Philips at home as I need 40min to pump each time. M1 would be used at work, only takes 10-15min. Strongly recommend spectra pumps as they are much more cheaper compared to other brands and is good. However, for mummies who do exclusive pumping (meaning only pump and never direct latch), you need to look for those suitable for heavy usage. I only use M1 twice a day and had been using for more than 15 months now. Pls also note that spectra parts (valve and back flow protector membranes) wear and tear easily, so need to replace often. Other than that, i LOVE my M1!

I'm also looking for a beast pump Incase I have a preterm delivery.

One that can help initiate breast milk when my baby is unable to suckle.

I've looked at both medela and spectra. Seems like both are just as good.
What's troubling me most is the size of the flange. Would anyone know how to pick the correct size? Medela usually comes in 24mm while Spectra in 28mm.

I suppose we need to measure ourself to know. But I'm wondering if we will still be growing until after delivery?
And idea??

Previously, i use Pigeon Electric Single Pump, which was a few years back. Now they change the design already.

Btw, i also have throw away the parts and left the machine, now looking for suitable parts to use, otherwise got to get new one.

Any ideas where to get the parts to be replacement? Trying to find at Qoo10 and retail shop also cannot find. :(

I'm also looking for a beast pump Incase I have a preterm delivery.

One that can help initiate breast milk when my baby is unable to suckle.

I've looked at both medela and spectra. Seems like both are just as good.
What's troubling me most is the size of the flange. Would anyone know how to pick the correct size? Medela usually comes in 24mm while Spectra in 28mm.

I suppose we need to measure ourself to know. But I'm wondering if we will still be growing until after delivery?
And idea??
Yes, nipples will get bigger after birth. Avent and Spectra M1 came with their own standard size, thank god both are suitable for me, so I don't need to buy additional flanges. My opinion is just buy the pump that you want and use it. If the size doesn't suit you after birth, just buy the flange of your size will do. Another way is to keep in mind the pump model and where to buy. After birth then ask your hubby to buy for you. Most hospitals will loan you their pump when you are there.

Previously, i use Pigeon Electric Single Pump, which was a few years back. Now they change the design already.

Btw, i also have throw away the parts and left the machine, now looking for suitable parts to use, otherwise got to get new one.

Any ideas where to get the parts to be replacement? Trying to find at Qoo10 and retail shop also cannot find. :(

Hi i have the parts,pm me if you are interested:)my pump is spoil so no longer using it. But if u want to get new ones,can order from takashimaya children section where they have the pigeon items on display.just ask the salesperson for pigeon.

Hi, anyone tried the ardo calypso Dual breast pump? Heard yes93.3 DJ Lim Pei Fen using that.
I bought it coz of the vacuum closed loop, reasonable pricing and 2yrs warranty. Gleneagles & mount e recommend this or medela

Have not give birth yet so no reviews yet.

I bought it coz of the vacuum closed loop, reasonable pricing and 2yrs warranty. Gleneagles & mount e recommend this or medela

Have not give birth yet so no reviews yet.

My fren was using ardo breastpump for her both childrens and still working well. She said the brand is relatively unknown in sg but highly recommended brand from the hospital. Most importantly she can pumps next to her baby as it is damn quiet.

I wanted medela initially but somehow it is too pricey.. Might choose ardo since my fren is using it and have a good review.

anyone use pigeon breastpump before? the electric pro series?

pigeon_electric-breast-pump-pro_wo-milk.jpg

Hi Mommies, was thinking of getting Spectra but it seems that M1 and S1 is a little bulky if I were to bring it to office every single day. Medela is overpriced for me, feeling stuck now ):

Hi Mommies, was thinking of getting Spectra but it seems that M1 and S1 is a little bulky if I were to bring it to office every single day. Medela is overpriced for me, feeling stuck now ):
Spectra M1 and S9+ are very portable. Both can be fitted into most cooler bags. I would suggest putting 1 pump and the charger at office so that you dun need to bring it everyday and it would reduce the chance of forgetting to bring its parts.
I put 1 pump at office and wash the parts once daily or once every 2 days aft the last pump of the day. Parts will be dried by the next day. Only bring back the milk daily.

Back