Delivery at KKH 2016

Hi Mother To Be which chosen KKH to deliver in 2016.
Lets chat here from doctor to bill to antenatal classes over here.

Sometimes when ur doctor's schedule at TPS is full and he sees patients at other clinics in the hospital, the recep staff might arrange for you to see ur doctor at the clinic.

TPS has a more comfortable waiting area and for my doctor, the waiting time is shorter as compared to seeing him in Clinic D. Yet, the consultation fee is the same as I'm seeing him as a private patient. However, it's more difficult to get appointments cos my doctor only sees patients at TPS once a week as compared to Clinic D.

Sometimes when ur doctor's schedule at TPS is full and he sees patients at other clinics in the hospital, the recep staff might arrange for you to see ur doctor at the clinic.

TPS has a more comfortable waiting area and for my doctor, the waiting time is shorter as compared to seeing him in Clinic D. Yet, the consultation fee is the same as I'm seeing him as a private patient. However, it's more difficult to get appointments cos my doctor only sees patients at TPS once a week as compared to Clinic D.
I prefer TPS. Are u wt Dr Tan also? If yes then is only on Tues at TPS.

I prefer TPS. Are u wt Dr Tan also? If yes then is only on Tues at TPS.

Yes. I'm with Dr Tan too. Just went to TPS for the very first time last week and found it much better than Clinic D. And Dr Tan doesn't have to go from room to room to see his patients. Not so rushed for him.

Cos his schedule there has been quite packed, I couldn't switch over earlier. Next appt I'll have to take an evening slot and pay the additional charge. =( Not sure if it'll be more difficult to make an appt in our third trim when we have to see him more often.

Yes. I'm with Dr Tan too. Just went to TPS for the very first time last week and found it much better than Clinic D. And Dr Tan doesn't have to go from room to room to see his patients. Not so rushed for him.

Cos his schedule there has been quite packed, I couldn't switch over earlier. Next appt I'll have to take an evening slot and pay the additional charge. =( Not sure if it'll be more difficult to make an appt in our third trim when we have to see him more often.

So far i have no problem scheduling appt with him. But i have been requesting for his last appt on Tues which is at 7pm. In my last visit, he had to wait for me for 30mins coz no patient after 6.30pm. Feel so paiseh.

Just come back from TPS today after seeing Dr Han HC.. As Dr is not in yet, nurse ask us to go for breakfast and come back for him.. The nurse is very accurate, a few moment we reached the nurse called my name.. What time is consider after hours? Is Sat consider after hours?

Ya, evening & Sat slot have to pay extra. So far no prob on making appt, next wan is 13 Oct and they oledi fix a Dec appt for me. But the nurse did tell me try not to change the appt date. How many weeks are u now?

Actually normally how much is the extra charge? My first consultation was $210 with dr Han.. I am thinking will it be always this pricing.. My next appt also on a Sat morning.. What is the diff for going to TPS or normal clinic? Will the doc still do ultrasound for you every visit?

Actually normally how much is the extra charge? My first consultation was $210 with dr Han.. I am thinking will it be always this pricing.. My next appt also on a Sat morning.. What is the diff for going to TPS or normal clinic? Will the doc still do ultrasound for you every visit?

If senior consultant, i tink it's abt 110 per visit for pte patients, excluding meds. I am paying about 20 extra for a 7pm appt. Not sure if your gynae provides such late consultation coz most appt ends by 6pm though.

@shiro_ger, a little surprise by the charge too.. I guess maybe due to long consultation? We ask a few more qns about what do and don't so extend by 10mins.. So remember got a paper write long consultation CII.. Ours is first consultation so should be $145+ maybe $20 for Sat at TPS? Not sure how does it work.. Will see how it go in 4 wks time..

Ya, evening & Sat slot have to pay extra. So far no prob on making appt, next wan is 13 Oct and they oledi fix a Dec appt for me. But the nurse did tell me try not to change the appt date. How many weeks are u now?

I'm in my 21st week now. Is it possible to make a few appointments at one go?

I thought I heard the staff said that the extra charge is $35. Ha. Maybe heard wrongly. *blur*
Was calculating if we need to see dr every one/two weeks in 3rd trim then the amount spent will be quite a huge sum.

I'm in my 21st week now. Is it possible to make a few appointments at one go?

I thought I heard the staff said that the extra charge is $35. Ha. Maybe heard wrongly. *blur*
Was calculating if we need to see dr every one/two weeks in 3rd trim then the amount spent will be quite a huge sum.
Shld be $35 if not wrong as I paid for 1 evening appt b4.
Not too sure if can make few appt in advance. But I was given 2 dates during last appt, guess as per Dr request.
How often do u see Dr in 2nd trimester? I'm in week 12 now, 2nd trimester shld start in week 14 rite?

Isit? I rem paying abt slightly more than 100 at clinic D but at TPS, i paid abt 120 le.

@joeykw, i ever ask the nurse when tri 2 starts. She said tri 2 starts in Week 12.

Hi all, I'm new here..just sharing my experience.. my EDD is in Jan and my gynae is from KKH. so far, the beginning months consultation & tablets have been around $200++. but now subsequently about $180++. my appt dates are always on Saturdays.. weekdays are much cheaper then weekends schedules.

@krnku,which gynae did u go to? Is your first few consultation all consider long consultation? At which week did you go to gynae?

@Rinoa_bunnies: yes there is a surcharge. However i made all my appointments on Saturdays.. i can recommend my gynae : Dr Tan Kim Teng

She's a senior position, very cautious and detailed and quite good so far as I'm seeing her.. in fact my pregnancy was detected in late week 13th meaning to say 1st appointment was in week 13. Waiting time is long if u book later timings like 10+ so i advise to book early morning slots like 8+am which i usually book. So far no long consultations.. estimated about 10-20 mins..

Last edited:
@joeykw, ya you are right.. Weekday normal slot like very hard to book.. I am quite suprise by it.. I am silly to ask for weekend slot.. Can save quite a bit to go to baby items.. Haha..
Looking at my current charge, I think I need around 3k for gynae review..

The funny thing is we turn up half an hr early and nurse ask us to go for breakfast as doc is busy upstairs, so we came back exactly 1hr later.. The min we reach, we are called in.. the consultation was 15mins but we were charge under long consultation.. So I am thinking is it because we are late or 15mins is long.. I think just observe in future..

Btw, anyone go for the antenatal program run by kkh? As compare with other classes, the classes is the cheapest and start the earliest stage.. But didn't include any exercise.. Some review comment not much practical.. Anyone went for their class?

Btw, anyone go for the antenatal program run by kkh? As compare with other classes, the classes is the cheapest and start the earliest stage.. But didn't include any exercise.. Some review comment not much practical.. Anyone went for their class?

nope, i didn't go

My EDD is in Feb and I obtained a referral from polyclinic for KKH. So far doctor consultations are charged SGD105.00 and scans are SGD31.00 but after government subsidy I would pay about SGD55.00 for both.
My appointments are always on a weekday - I guess this is how it is for subsidized patients - but it does not matter as I work for others so an MC is sufficient to allow me to endure the waiting period at KKH.

My EDD is in Feb and I obtained a referral from polyclinic for KKH. So far doctor consultations are charged SGD105.00 and scans are SGD31.00 but after government subsidy I would pay about SGD55.00 for both.
My appointments are always on a weekday - I guess this is how it is for subsidized patients - but it does not matter as I work for others so an MC is sufficient to allow me to endure the waiting period at KKH.
weekdays are normally cheaper then weekends.. but im curious, if polyclinic referral for KKH, would every visit be the same gynae or different? because when i enquired, they gave me different stories. o_O

weekdays are normally cheaper then weekends.. but im curious, if polyclinic referral for KKH, would every visit be the same gynae or different? because when i enquired, they gave me different stories. o_O

Hi @krnku
I heard these stories too but I went for subsidized package as the charges differed by too much!
From my first appointment, I was assigned to the gynae whom I saw, and also a senior gynae. Their names were indicated in my appointment book by the staff. I have not seen the gynae throughout my scans as seeing him was not necessary since there were doctors at the scan clinics like ADC who would provide their verdict of each scan. Their verdicts, scan reports and all information related to my case were put in my file. I believe this is what most people mean when they say that they saw different doctors each time. I had the option of seeing my allocated gynae after each scan but I chose not to as the doctors at ADC already provided me with the assessment. Why it is so, this is because services such as scans and various tests in AMC and ADC are outsourced and do not technically "belong" to the administration of KKH. So AMC and ADC and Clinic A/B/C would schedule separate, sometimes clashing appointments for me. I had to ask what is each appointment for, to gauge whether I needed that particular appointment. I once had a scan in KKH's very own ultrascan facility - it was not located in ADC and it is usually not available to mothers going through the usual routine.
My upcoming appointment with the gynae whom I am assigned to is my 24th week appointment and I will definitely be making the time to see him.

Hi @krnku
I heard these stories too but I went for subsidized package as the charges differed by too much!
From my first appointment, I was assigned to the gynae whom I saw, and also a senior gynae. Their names were indicated in my appointment book by the staff. I have not seen the gynae throughout my scans as seeing him was not necessary since there were doctors at the scan clinics like ADC who would provide their verdict of each scan. Their verdicts, scan reports and all information related to my case were put in my file. I believe this is what most people mean when they say that they saw different doctors each time. I had the option of seeing my allocated gynae after each scan but I chose not to as the doctors at ADC already provided me with the assessment. Why it is so, this is because services such as scans and various tests in AMC and ADC are outsourced and do not technically "belong" to the administration of KKH. So AMC and ADC and Clinic A/B/C would schedule separate, sometimes clashing appointments for me. I had to ask what is each appointment for, to gauge whether I needed that particular appointment. I once had a scan in KKH's very own ultrascan facility - it was not located in ADC and it is usually not available to mothers going through the usual routine.
My upcoming appointment with the gynae whom I am assigned to is my 24th week appointment and I will definitely be making the time to see him.

ah... okay.. now i understand the picture.. thanks anyway.. for me, i didnt get the referral letter from poly.. just went straight to book for the Gynae since it was recommended by my mum's ex-colleague who's working in the nursing industry. my next appt also has been assigned to and its my 28th week appt.

Hi, I would like to know for private patients at kkh whether the doctor will do ultrasound scan at each appointment? And I suppose kkh has no package?

Hi I would like to know if waiting times in KKH during weekdays more than 1 hour?

I went to one of the clinic(not TPS) before, it actually depend, once I waited more than an hour, another time I waited 10mins.
Depend on the situation, the doctor(they might have emergency to attend to) and the patient before you..

Hi Pene,

Thank you for sharing the information.
I'm also going through the same route to get subsidised.

Does kkh release the ultrasound report to you or any other tests results eg. Blood, glucose test, etc?

I've just checked my appt booklet the name stated is a doctor but referred as staff registrar. Is this also for you?

Thanks

Hi @krnku
Hi @krnku

Any mummies go thru natural delivery at KKH with epidural b4? I gave birth in 2014 under natural with epidural. For the last hr when about to push, the midwife actually switched off the epidural and didn't on it till baby was out. I mean, what is the use of opting for epidural when I had to experience the pain (I opt for it because I couldn't take the pain anymore)? My gynea later told me it was KKH protocol but I could request not to off it but nobody told me that during delivery! My friends who delivered in other hosp told me theirs did not off it, the epidural was on thru out the whole delivery process and the midwife would monitor their contractions and asked them to push according to the contractions. I was so angry I had to suffer the pain!

Any mummies go thru natural delivery at KKH with epidural b4? I gave birth in 2014 under natural with epidural. For the last hr when about to push, the midwife actually switched off the epidural and didn't on it till baby was out. I mean, what is the use of opting for epidural when I had to experience the pain (I opt for it because I couldn't take the pain anymore)? My gynea later told me it was KKH protocol but I could request not to off it but nobody told me that during delivery! My friends who delivered in other hosp told me theirs did not off it, the epidural was on thru out the whole delivery process and the midwife would monitor their contractions and asked them to push according to the contractions. I was so angry I had to suffer the pain!

I had my deliver at KKH before, normal delivery with epidural. It was switch off only after deliver, but the doc forgot to stitch back the wound so the doc told me to bear for it. Afterall, the doc did apologize about it.

I didn't k ow epidural can off.. I thought it's just an injection.. Something new I learnt.. How much more for epidural? Understand kkh had no package until you shout for it.. Does it meant you need to suffer for quite a while?

I didn't k ow epidural can off.. I thought it's just an injection.. Something new I learnt.. How much more for epidural? Understand kkh had no package until you shout for it.. Does it meant you need to suffer for quite a while?

Yup, it's a option for you. If not wrong, i remember that they will offer gas first.

At first, i was thinking to go for gas too but the contraction pain is too unbearable, end up i go for epidural injection. Away from my contraction till delivery it is about 6hrs, lucky got this injection. But did heard that there is side effect too, coz the injection is inject into the spine.

hi all, anyone have any experience giving birth for twins in kkh for private suite?
i made an appointment with Dr Pamela Tan and im thinking at staying in A1.
What is the package price for this? and btw im doing a C-sect.

Thanks

My midwife started offering epidural once I started screaming. Haha! But I told her NO! After suffering for 2hr and no sign of dilation (only dilated for 1cm after 2hr), I gave in and give birth after 13hr. I can't remember how much is the epdiural, I think is few hundreds bucks more.

Hihi, new in this thread. Hopefully can join in here soon. Still in 2ww.

Dion83sg, I think we delivered around the same time.

I had delivered in 2014 too. I only delivered naturally w/epidural after 22 hours. Gave in to use epi on the 20th hour and labour progressed quite quickly from there and delivered with the next 2 hours. the cost of epidural is tagged to your ward grade. Means epidural fees is dependent whether are you staying in A ward of B ward. I tink I paid 1k+ for the epi, if I din remember wrongly.

Hihi, new in this thread. Hopefully can join in here soon. Still in 2ww.

Dion83sg, I think we delivered around the same time.

I had delivered in 2014 too. I only delivered naturally w/epidural after 22 hours. Gave in to use epi on the 20th hour and labour progressed quite quickly from there and delivered with the next 2 hours. the cost of epidural is tagged to your ward grade. Means epidural fees is dependent whether are you staying in A ward of B ward. I tink I paid 1k+ for the epi, if I din remember wrongly.

So did they off the epidural when you dilate 10cm (b4 you start pushing)? Or was it on thru out the delivery?

So did they off the epidural when you dilate 10cm (b4 you start pushing)? Or was it on thru out the delivery?

I dun remember they got off the epidural. It was throughout the whole delivery. Gave me a button to press when pain comes and I keep pressing until I totally numb below.

Recent 2 visits I went during weekday instead of weekend, total payment were both $101 without medicine(my vitamin can last me quite some time).. I had checked with the nurse, as long as after office hour 5pm or sat, it will be extra $40 before gst.. I try my best to go for weekday whenever I can since there are many more apt to go.. As for waiting time, no diff..

Back