Any review of Dr Wee Horng Yen

jotan33

Hello mummies and mtb,
i'm a first time mummy.. Any1 of you seeing Dr Wee Horng Yen?? any review of him? my fren recommended him to me but have read somewhere his charges are quite steep.. though he explain very throughly but his consultation timing is reflected in his bills. thus would like to know more. hope u can share with me more abt your experience with him
Thank u..

Hello mummies and mtb,
i'm a first time mummy.. Any1 of you seeing Dr Wee Horng Yen?? any review of him? my fren recommended him to me but have read somewhere his charges are quite steep.. though he explain very throughly but his consultation timing is reflected in his bills. thus would like to know more. hope u can share with me more abt your experience with him
Thank u..
Hi Mummy,

My gynae is Dr Wee and he delivered my son last month. I've been his patient since his KK days and my son was conceived under his guidance after 2 years. I can assure you he is a wonderful doctor with many years of experience. Though his charges are a bit steep, he is really worth it.

Hi Mummy,

My gynae is Dr Wee and he delivered my son last month. I've been his patient since his KK days and my son was conceived under his guidance after 2 years. I can assure you he is a wonderful doctor with many years of experience. Though his charges are a bit steep, he is really worth it.
Hi,
Able to advise me how much rougly i shld be expecting excluding the hospital bill? Does Dr Wee have packages avail?

@jotan33 , I am with dr wee from the start of my pregnancy until delivery. It is true that his charges quite steep, but I just think as long as I am in his good hands that is enough. Last year his prenatal package is only available after 12 weeks onwards for $900 for 10 consultations includes ultrasound and urine test, excludes prenatal test such as oscar test, blood test, etc. I heard that his package now has increased and only available after 20 weeks. You can ask his nurse for his pre-natal packages for confirmation again.

About his consultation timings, normally I would not ask too much question especially if it is only a simple question. I would only asked those I am very concerned one. On some occasion, he gave me discounted price if I am over his limited consultation. I found it quite fair though. I think due to this, I also no need to wait for a long time for check up. Normally would be less than 15 min.

Dr Wee delivered my girl in Jan this year. He is really patient, and thorough. Most importantly he is pro-natural birth. I was dilated for 3 cm for more than a week before my due date and yet he allows me to choose if I would like to induce straight away or wait for contractions to happen. Of cos the waiting game was no fun and I decided to induce eventually. During the labour, I had a hard time pushing my gal out. my hubby told me the nurses commented that Dr Wee was very patient, if it was for other docs, I will be pushed to emergency c sect. And yes, his charges are really steep but I think most importantly is to find a gynae who you are comfortable with because you will be following him/her for at least 7-8 mths? :)

@mylilsheep thanks for sharing.. called Dr Wee clinic today, his nurse told me Dr wee doesnt provide packages any more.. so now im considering should i proceed.
@jotan33, is it? Wahh....I cannot imagine the cost if no pre-natal packages at all.

By the way, have you ever go to his clinic and see him?

I am not sure which nurse that you communicate with. I only recommended one of his nurse Ms Bibi who is quite experienced in handling his patients. Some other of his nurses are quite young and new and they might give you wrong information. So I think it is best if you can try to visit Dr Wee once and see if you are comfortable with him first. If you find him ok, then you can asked him directly on pre-natal packages.

Dr Wee delivered my girl in Jan this year. He is really patient, and thorough. Most importantly he is pro-natural birth. I was dilated for 3 cm for more than a week before my due date and yet he allows me to choose if I would like to induce straight away or wait for contractions to happen. Of cos the waiting game was no fun and I decided to induce eventually. During the labour, I had a hard time pushing my gal out. my hubby told me the nurses commented that Dr Wee was very patient, if it was for other docs, I will be pushed to emergency c sect. And yes, his charges are really steep but I think most importantly is to find a gynae who you are comfortable with because you will be following him/her for at least 7-8 mths? :)
hi mishtiew
ya, just decided i shld fixed an appt to find out more. isit true that Dr Wee only share with you the delivery package whn you were in week 32? that was what the nurse told me.. can you share with me hw much you roughly pay for the delivery charge? also which hospital u choose?
TIA

hi mishtiew
ya, just decided i shld fixed an appt to find out more. isit true that Dr Wee only share with you the delivery package whn you were in week 32? that was what the nurse told me.. can you share with me hw much you roughly pay for the delivery charge? also which hospital u choose?
TIA

Dr Wee din share the package with me, but the nurse did. But i guess you can ask him about it. I paid about $2K plus if i am not wrong, there was a range and i was charged the highest, because i did assisted delivery and i tore quite badly that he sew me for close to 2 hrs. hhaha.

Hello I'm under Dr wee this year. He doesn't offer any more package and per consultation is 85 to 100 for follow up. Urine stick at $10 n ultrasound at 80$. His delivery charges are on the High side, abt 800$ more than average for normsl delivery but I feel that he is worth it. He is very thorough and really patient. He is also very reassuring and warm.

Hi all,im currently under dr wee's care for my #3.We've been with him since kkh days all e way back circa 2006. Yes,although the antenatal bills r rather steep we are very comfortable with him.He is pro-natural esp at birth and he will not push you for decisions despite lots of 'hospital protocols'.Even when some of the nurses back then omos made me went against my birth plan,he was very supportive & his patience is exemplary. He assisted both my all natural birth.Planning to deliver at Mt E novena tis dec. Take care all.

I have been with doctor wee for many years since his KK days till to date. I delivered my baby last year via C section. The cut was a fine thin line that I am impressed too. Indeed his charges are high, but you are definitely in very safe hand. He is patient and assuring.

hello mummies,
I've delivered in Jan2016, under Dr Wee's care. I must agree its all worthwhile.. He is really a caring doc. My dilation was slow, but as long as the situation is under ctrl he didnt even wan me to get induced. This hw hw pro-natural he is.. and he is a very encouraging doc. Thank you Dr wee for ur care n concern

Dr Wee just delivered my baby girl 10 days ago and I must say he is a wonderful doctor who is respectful of the patient. He is also very meticulous and encouraging.

Dr Wee delivered my first kid. Very friendly and caring Dr. Will answer all your questions without being impatient. Highly recommended.

Back