(2016/03) March 2016 Babies!!

Anything which is excluded in the package? Cos I double checked with my SIL, she said scans inclusive except certain medications only. Is it true?

the package include consultation, scan, vitamin pills and calcium from 12wks onwards till birth.
If u want fish oil, not included.
Blood tests, oscar scan, detail scan, swap test, etc...are not included.
Have to pay separately..

Just went for my 7 weeks scan. N I can finally hear the heartbeat!!!!! Finally made it past another milestone. Yippee.
to me end of first milestone is when i finally finish first trimester.... morning sickness still so bad... next week (week 8) will be visiting gynae again...

Hi !! i delivered in KKH with A/Prof HH Tan last year. My total delivery bill was ard $4200.(A Class)
Each time i consulted the doctor at Private suite, I paid abt 80++ excluding medication.

Hi santhiya86, u seeing Prof THH at TPS or at Clinic D?

Thank u! Congrats to u too! Hee...

^5 FB like easier to communicate w all the new posts and new members.

I happen to search & saw "March 2016 Babies" closed FB grp..but is not purely Sg, is more of overseas mummies...

Hi mummies, think should open a "March SG 2016 Babies".

Hi mummies,
How much is your consultation and ultrascan?
For mine,I went to dr chan at tmc
Both 70 each:)what about you guys?

They will reject ? I'm still in my early stage. I wanted to go nuh. But not sure nuh which gynae is Good. My current is too ex. And they actually say wanted to call me on my blood test result. But they Didn't. I have to call and check.
I have been with Prof Chong Yap Seng for my past 2 pregnancies, and this time with #3 we will definitely go back to him. He is very good, pro-natural so for those considering NUH, you can try him. Quirky but can be quite funny too. He is in charge of the delivery suite and is active in academic research (means he is up to date with latest medicine). With #1 I had preterm at 35 weeks, he managed to drag it to 39+3. #2 had preterm at 30 weeks, dragged to 37+6 and I begged him to just take her out. Haha

to me end of first milestone is when i finally finish first trimester.... morning sickness still so bad... next week (week 8) will be visiting gynae again...[/QUOTE
Think I'm more the negative n probably still in denial kind.
My first tots when I saw the positive hpt is to cross my fingers n hope tat it is not a chemical or ectopic. After doc cfm tat I'm really preggie with the gestational sac my next tots were. Please dun let it b a blighted ovum......... So to b able to hear the heart beat is really a great relief to me. Now I'm just hoping tat things continue smoothly n tat I'll cross the first tri. Maybe it's cos Ive heard quite a few mc stories from my gfs plus a gf's bff just lost hers last week at 10 weeks. Really dun dare to take anything for granted. Praying hard everyday that the pregnancy will b safe n smooth. Wondering if I'm normal to worry so much?????

My first tots when I saw the positive hpt is to cross my fingers n hope tat it is not a chemical or ectopic. After doc cfm tat I'm really preggie with the gestational sac my next tots were. Please dun let it b a blighted ovum......... So to b able to hear the heart beat is really a great relief to me. Now I'm just hoping tat things continue smoothly n tat I'll cross the first tri. Maybe it's cos Ive heard quite a few mc stories from my gfs plus a gf's bff just lost hers last week at 10 weeks. Really dun dare to take anything for granted. Praying hard everyday that the pregnancy will b safe n smooth. Wondering if I'm normal to worry so much?????

Hi naive2310, its normal to worry so much. But just keep telling urself to stay & be positive throughout the whole pregnancy ya. I have 2 miscarriage too. Once at 8 weeks in 2013, 2nd at 4 months in 2014. So lm worried too. But all l can do is to keep telling myself relax & think positive that everything goes smoothly till give birth. Let's jia you together ya

Nope perfectly normal. It's like the more u know the more u r scared. With my first pregnancy, i did not join any grp nor have a lot of frens gg thru pregnancy thus i was quite ignorant and all i can say it can be quite "blissful". But now with my 2nd one, after all the stories, every visit to gyane i'm scare i won be able to hear heartbeat anymore and every night i talked to baby to stay healthy and strong. While it perfectly okie to worry don't get it consume u.

Hi all! I am also a confused first time mother to be. I was referred to KKH by polyclinic and was advised consultation for subsidised is 34++ while private at KKH is 80-100 depending on doctor's seniority. I am very confused over how many visits in total i am supposed to go for. And what is the actual difference in savings by going subsidised route. Anyone have experience to share for subsidised clinic?

Hi all! I am also a confused first time mother to be. I was referred to KKH by polyclinic and was advised consultation for subsidised is 34++ while private at KKH is 80-100 depending on doctor's seniority. I am very confused over how many visits in total i am supposed to go for. And what is the actual difference in savings by going subsidised route. Anyone have experience to share for subsidised clinic?
No of visits should be the same regardless pte or sub. Likely to be once a month. Diff for sub is everytime u might be seeing a total diff gyane. So u see if u r comfortable. Another pt to note is that frankly and harshly speaking, sub service quality sucks. If u can afford go for pte one. Probably one will choose sub if pregnancy is likely to have complications n bb need nicu

Hi juvi, lm seeing him now too. Ya he's super busy & man with few words too. Saw him on 5 Aug then have to wait till 25 Aug liao at TPS at evening too. I normally see him at clinic D. Cos he's too busy tis few weeks so he open a new appointment evening cos too many patients liao. Still kind of dun know whether to stick with him or not or go back TMC for Dr Benjamin Tham lor.

Hi mummies,

Sorry I joined the group late as I had to confirm scan & see heart beat first. :) there is one thankfully. This will be my #2. My EDD is on April fools. But likely I will pop early as I had my #1 at 37 weeks.

Congrats to all the March mummies in here!

Is anyone in here taking the harmony test? I am mostly likely taking it as I'm above 30 years old.. And I also had a loss previously... So hopefully test comes back all good.

Is anyone in here taking the harmony test? I am mostly likely taking it as I'm above 30 years old.. And I also had a loss previously... So hopefully test comes back all good.

Hi Littlemr, how many weeks are u now? Btw congrats! I'm above 30 yrs old too. Wat is harmony test for? Which doc & hospital u seeing now?

the package include consultation, scan, vitamin pills and calcium from 12wks onwards till birth.
If u want fish oil, not included.
Blood tests, oscar scan, detail scan, swap test, etc...are not included.
Have to pay separately..
THank you!

Hi Littlemr, how many weeks are u now? Btw congrats! I'm above 30 yrs old too. Wat is harmony test for? Which doc & hospital u seeing now?
Harmony test is to mainly test for down syndrome as well as other kind of genetic or chormoZone defects. U can find out more in the internet. Has a higher accuracy than oscar. Abv 30 is okie. The higher risk age for pregnant mothers is actually 35.

I should be almost 7 weeks now. My beanie is smaller than all of yours here cuz I'm due 1st April but very likely to pop early. :) My gynae said I had aging placenta for #1 so won't expect me to hold until 40 weeks.

Harmony test is to test for Down syndrome but it is non invasive cuz they only take mummy's blood. This can see gender also.

What happen?what you mean not too good and now everything is ok?you did more test ah?
Thanks serene :) Oscar was 1:2000 for my #1. I was worried cuz at that time I had a friend who's due date same as me and her baby was cleared 1:10,000 for Down syndrome. I m only 1 year older than her.. So age plays a big factor in Oscar. Not too accurate I feel.

Thanks serene :) Oscar was 1:2000 for my #1. I was worried cuz at that time I had a friend who's due date same as me and her baby was cleared 1:10,000 for Down syndrome. I m only 1 year older than her.. So age plays a big factor in Oscar. Not too accurate I feel.
Nope, 1 yr difference won cause the wide gap alone. Other factors come into place as well. This includes the measurement of the neural thickness.

Nope, 1 yr difference won cause the wide gap alone. Other factors come into place as well. This includes the measurement of the neural thickness.
Yes. 1 year won't make a drastic difference. But still, having #1 together with a friend.. With results so much of a difference.. It was a bit unsettling. Many other factors come into play. Blood test and also thickness of nuchal fluid. There is also a range. I was almost hitting the end of the range. But thankfully all is well now and my #1 is growing well.

Yes. 1 year won't make a drastic difference. But still, having #1 together with a friend.. With results so much of a difference.. It was a bit unsettling. Many other factors come into play. Blood test and also thickness of nuchal fluid. There is also a range. I was almost hitting the end of the range. But thankfully all is well now and my #1 is growing well.
Yea, so with previous history think u go for harmony better. Besides harmony there are a few other similiar test as well. Those my gyane told me can test for even more issues but then also more exp

Back