(2016/03) March 2016 Babies!!

I took mc for the past few days already.I think I went overboard.I felt that colleagues are gossiping I am so irresponsible.however,none of them know I am p.
i guess you should let your colleagues know.. unless you really not close to them.. afterall they have to cover for you..

for me, i immediately told my colleagues on week 4. they need to be mentally prepared that i will take MC, HL, unpaid leave in the days to come.. they also take extra care of me. like make sure no one bump into me. they dont eat anything got smell in the office because i will nausea if i smell any food stuffs. if got any water puddle on the ground, they will alert me.

Thanks everyone:)we jus have to go through this period and things will get better;)I will try to not stress affect my emotion;)thank you for the support!

You guys not tired???first trimester is all about fatigue.i can't take it during work..I am like stoning during work.
my company is closing down.. technically i have nothing to do at work.. lol... sometimes i will just take a quick 10 mins nap at my table.. i dont think anyone cares.. but i tend to concuss very early every night between 9 - 930pm.. but it seems like i only need 6 - 7 hours of sleep and i will auto wake up.. so the most terrible thing now is waking up at 3.30 - 4am every morning.. tats what really making me feel sleepy in the day time..

Thanks everyone:)we jus have to go through this period and things will get better;)I will try to not stress affect my emotion;)thank you for the support!
you not only feel who feel crappy everyday... i also... nausea & dizzy 24/7 every single day...every morning i wake up, i pray to god "please let me pass this day with ease & comfort"... there is nothing else i want..

i also thinking taking whole aug unpaid leave if i feel worse than hell... see how it goes...

i guess you should let your colleagues know.. unless you really not close to them.. afterall they have to cover for you..

for me, i immediately told my colleagues on week 4. they need to be mentally prepared that i will take MC, HL, unpaid leave in the days to come.. they also take extra care of me. like make sure no one bump into me. they dont eat anything got smell in the office because i will nausea if i smell any food stuffs. if got any water puddle on the ground, they will alert me.

your colleagues are so sweeeeetttttt.....

Hahah I woke up every night to pee...and I need to nap every day.my working hour is very hectic.thats why,I hate to go work.i jus feel super shag and weak when I am work..I need to rest.but I jus can't escape from this job..

my company is closing down.. technically i have nothing to do at work.. lol... sometimes i will just take a quick 10 mins nap at my table.. i dont think anyone cares.. but i tend to concuss very early every night between 9 - 930pm.. but it seems like i only need 6 - 7 hours of sleep and i will auto wake up.. so the most terrible thing now is waking up at 3.30 - 4am every morning.. tats what really making me feel sleepy in the day time..
good for u!!!

my company also not doing well, and they sourcing for people to buy over.. i hope that if really go thru this year, and they want to retrench people. i definitely will volunteer! so i can have extra retrenchment package

good for u!!!

my company also not doing well, and they sourcing for people to buy over.. i hope that if really go thru this year, and they want to retrench people. i definitely will volunteer! so i can have extra retrenchment package

but this is not the best timing as i will not be getting any ML benefits.... so wasted lor..... i wont be able to get paid to stay at home... boo hooo... kinda xin tong the money toooo...... 16 weeks ML ... byesss...

Do you all know if there are any insurance that can cover hospitalization charges if we need to be admitted during the pregnancy? I know normal hospitalization plan does not cover pregnancy related issues.

Do you all know if there are any insurance that can cover hospitalization charges if we need to be admitted during the pregnancy? I know normal hospitalization plan does not cover pregnancy related issues.
There is a maternity insurance but only from certain months onwards. But the covered sum is low. Unless u go govt hospital imo forget it

cross my fingers on the side effects, if there are any then let me be the one to be affected and not the bb.. i'm now most worried about the lack of symptoms.. cant help but wonder if i am normal.. how come no nausea and no sore boobs??
Pls thank your lucky stars how i wish i am u. As mentioned prev my first i din feel anything and was enjoying thruout

Yes depending how u say it and if ur gyane is he more relax kind. Haha
How many days will a Gynae give?my Gynae like very stingy one Leh.i ask for mc,she say next time I not very sick cannot give.i feel like strangling her.but I have been following her since young,so she have all my records..

How many days will a Gynae give?my Gynae like very stingy one Leh.i ask for mc,she say next time I not very sick cannot give.i feel like strangling her.but I have been following her since young,so she have all my records..
Erm, i not sure u can ask. U can chg gyane if u want. Mine is quite relax last time before i gave birth i ask for 2 wks HL and he gave.

Sorry Hafidza, I'm not familiar with kkh procedure. Hope other mummy can assist u
I decided not to go to KKH. Already booked an appointment to see Dr Heng Tung Lan at Parkway East after getting recommendation from my SIL. Package from 12wks onward is $856 but idk if increased already for this year. But appointment only on from mid Aug and by then I'm like 12wks already...

but this is not the best timing as i will not be getting any ML benefits.... so wasted lor..... i wont be able to get paid to stay at home... boo hooo... kinda xin tong the money toooo...... 16 weeks ML ... byesss...
i read that even company close down, and you already declare to them that you are pregnant, they still have to pay maternity leave to you. maybe you can check with MOM

you need to look and compare maternity insurance.. there are several companies offering it.. AXA, prudential, GE, etc

Don't intend to take long unpaid leave. Just wondering should I told my boss. At these early stage.

for me I tend to worry a lot and keep hearing a lot of sad mc stories so I'm just crossing my fingers that I can make it and will only announce when the pregnancy is more stabilised. other than my hubby no one else noes.. haha

i read that even company close down, and you already declare to them that you are pregnant, they still have to pay maternity leave to you. maybe you can check with MOM

after they announce then I discover so from what I read on the mom webby, doesn't look like I'm entitled to any ML benefits.. the laws seem to be more on protecting the mummies so that they are not unfairly dismissed during pregnancy.

for me I tend to worry a lot and keep hearing a lot of sad mc stories so I'm just crossing my fingers that I can make it and will only announce when the pregnancy is more stabilised. other than my hubby no one else noes.. haha
That's what I heard too. Not to told till 3 months Later. I think by the time boss they all should know le?

Erm depending on ur comfort level, when i know i'm preggy i already told a number of ppl. To me nothing to hide, keep it low is so that anything happen u don't need to announce again. In fact imo i like to make it open so ppl can give me leeway.. Haha

That's what I heard too. Not to told till 3 months Later. I think by the time boss they all should know le?

for me I feel the reasons that boss need to know is that they can arrange for manpower if nec. but you wont be going on your ML so soon so I don't think is a big issue to inform slightly later like after 3 months or so.. they will still have plenty of time to make any arrangements.. unless you have some complications which requires you to take a lot of days off then perhaps it is better to let your boss know the real reason hoping that he or she can be more understanding..

I am so tempted to get unpaid leave for a month!!should I???will they approve?never try before Leh!what should I tell them?
Check w ur company policy, some only allow unpaid leave only if u have utlized all ur paid leave which i feel is not a gd thing since now only near aug, if u take one month unpaif and utilized ur paid leave, u'll be back by ard oct with no more leave to take? Then have to ren until end of the yr?

for me I feel the reasons that boss need to know is that they can arrange for manpower if nec. but you wont be going on your ML so soon so I don't think is a big issue to inform slightly later like after 3 months or so.. they will still have plenty of time to make any arrangements.. unless you have some complications which requires you to take a lot of days off then perhaps it is better to let your boss know the real reason hoping that he or she can be more understanding..
I think If until a need I will tell. If not properly reaches 3 months

after they announce then I discover so from what I read on the mom webby, doesn't look like I'm entitled to any ML benefits.. the laws seem to be more on protecting the mummies so that they are not unfairly dismissed during pregnancy.

for me, i'm not pantang type. i told my colleagues & boss because i need to be responsible for my work, especially i know i will take MC and unpaid leave eventually. at least they are mentally prepared to cover for me. then again, i'm quite close to them, so no issues on that. if i only tell them when i want to take 1 month unpaid leave, or after taking several MC, i think will affect my working relationship with them. afterall they also need to reschedule their work to cover for me. plus after they know i'm pregnant, they really take special care for me. when you are really feeling like shit during work, understanding colleagues will help alot.

i didn't tell my family though because no impact on their side...haha.. my partner told his family and his close buddies though...

Last edited:
for me, i'm not pantang type. i told my colleagues & boss because i need to be responsible for my work, especially i know i will take MC and unpaid leave eventually. at least they are mentally prepared to cover for me. then again, i'm quite close to them, so no issues on that. if i only tell them when i want to take 1 month unpaid leave, or after taking several MC, i think will affect my working relationship with them. afterall they also need to reschedule their work to cover for me. plus after they know i'm pregnant, they really take special care for me. when you are really feeling like shit during work, understanding colleagues will help alot.

i didn't tell my family though because no impact on their side...haha.. my partner told his family and his close buddies though...
So you have been taking mc and unpaid leave already?very fatigue right?i am so tired.i have been giving Mc and took leave too..I think boss find me irritating.i am so dilemma.but 我也不想的。

So you have been taking mc and unpaid leave already?very fatigue right?i am so tired.i have been giving Mc and took leave too..I think boss find me irritating.i am so dilemma.but 我也不想的。
i start taking MC.. coz i seldom take MC.. so i start taking 2 days MC then another 2 days MC in the same month. my boss already find it dubious and ask my colleagues what happen to me...haha...

i took MC because i have severe nausea and dizziness though... if i cannot walk straight after i walk down the bed, i will take Mc to rest at home lo.

but if u plan to work there long term, it's best to tell your boss. if not may impact your performance rating. if you already plan to quit, then heck care la...haha...

wow that's very little food you are eating.. hope your morning sickness goes away soon..

ya..my gynae told me my food intake is not sufficient for myself and my twins... but no choice, if i force myself to eat more, i will vomit out... i try to snack on fruits more though...

Back