(2015/6) June 2015 Mummies

No red rashes for me.. but got red patches on legs. Also noticed some areas growing moles... :(

Btw..anyone experience more discharge during 3 trim?

yes. i'm experiencing more discharge too..... and more heavier on the bladder.... more tendency to go toilet frequently

any mummies xperienced rashes on legs or hands or abdominal area?
I had rashes on arms and legs. Went to see GP and were given small allergic tablets, piriton for nite and cetirizine hcl for morning. He said safe for pregnancy. Now quite ok, not itchy anymore.

Im having severe nasal congestion and ive been snoring for the past few weeks! My hubby couldnt sleep cos of my snore and i felt so bad. Went to see tcm today and said its normal now that our hormones are changing and the flesh in my nose is enlarging. Took my pulse and said my baby is very heaty inside and ask if he is very active. I said yes. So he said. Like us, when we are hot, we keep flipping. Thats why bb also keep moving and flipping. So he gave me med power to reduce the heatiness for bb and for my nasal congestion and phlegm.

I had rashes on arms and legs. Went to see GP and were given small allergic tablets, piriton for nite and cetirizine hcl for morning. He said safe for pregnancy. Now quite ok, not itchy anymore.

@moo3moo , same here... thinkin to go see my gyn instead. the rashes is unbearable sometimes.... broke down a couple of times cos felt depress....

experienced mums...is it a must to hv diaper /nipple creams/nipple shield? what do u recommend for

1) diaper cream?
2) nipple cream?
3) nipple shield?

Hi all,may i ask if anyone know where to buy homemade red glutinous rice wine for confinement?
Thank you in advance.

any mummies xperienced rashes on legs or hands or abdominal area?
Hi there, I had terrible itches when I was into 5th-6th months. Nothing helps until I try this brand SebaMed Moisturing Lotion from Germany. It works wonders and my itch stopped. Perhaps you cannot give it a try. You can buy from any pharmacy. I bought from Ntuc pharmacy. Hope it helps.

Hi there, I had terrible itches when I was into 5th-6th months. Nothing helps until I try this brand SebaMed Moisturing Lotion from Germany. It works wonders and my itch stopped. Perhaps you cannot give it a try. You can buy from any pharmacy. I bought from Ntuc pharmacy. Hope it helps.
*oops. Typo. I meant perhaps u CAN give it a try. :)

Hi recently i have been waking up at night with stomache/cramps. I am not sure what it is? Is it braxton hicks? Only get it at night though.

Now about 37 weeks. I am getting scared of delivery!!

Hi recently i have been waking up at night with stomache/cramps. I am not sure what it is? Is it braxton hicks? Only get it at night though.

I had cramps/stomachache and toilet runs a few times a day one week before i delivered my girl (at week 36). I had a feeling that labour might be impending hence went hosp for check. Apparently having contractions every 15 mins bt no sign of labour. Then within 4 days, i popped. My girl is one week old now :)

I had cramps/stomachache and toilet runs a few times a day one week before i delivered my girl (at week 36). I had a feeling that labour might be impending hence went hosp for check. Apparently having contractions every 15 mins bt no sign of labour. Then within 4 days, i popped. My girl is one week old now :)
Congrats on having ur princess! Ok Mb labour is impending...

I just reach week 37 too and having cramp on and off. Hope baby can wait a week more at least so that she can grow bigger.

Congrats on your little bundle of joy!!

Thanks @jessieyl :)

No problem! I understand the depression and frustration from all these itches. Cannot sleep properly and the next day still need to go work! I also very upset then and nobody seems tobe able to help. Anyway, to be precised , I uploaded a pic of it. Hope you are feeling better now.

Attachments

• sebamed-anti-dry-hydrating-body-lotion-23.jpg
    sebamed-anti-dry-hydrating-body-lotion-23.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 360
No problem! I understand the depression and frustration from all these itches. Cannot sleep properly and the next day still need to go work! I also very upset then and nobody seems tobe able to help. Anyway, to be precised , I uploaded a pic of it. Hope you are feeling better now.

Thanks @jessieyl, so helpful of u.... yes, i have e same tots and feeling as u. To certain extend, i broke down in tears and cos of frustration of the itch and pain... tried some methods like applyin calamol lotion and even see gyn to take some cream... hoping it will recover soon.

Congrats on your little princess :)

May I just find out how was the cramps like? I read book and it mentioned that it was like menstrual cramp?

experienced mums...is it a must to hv diaper /nipple creams/nipple shield? what do u recommend for

1) diaper cream?
2) nipple cream?
3) nipple shield?
1 & 2 yyes .. 3 I'm not sure ..

1 I used to buy desitin n avent bottom balm. Tis time round im opting for mustela and earth mama

2 I hv prepared earth mama nipple cream. .

Hths

May I just find out how was the cramps like? I read book and it mentioned that it was like menstrual cramp?
For me, the pain started indeed like menstrual cramp. Achey but perfectly bearable since we experienced it every month during menses haha. Then as the dilation progresses, the pain became increasingly painful (like ur pelvic gna be dislodged from body) and i started tearing and groaning and kicking hubby. Lol! My colleagues and sis asked for epidural v early so tgey experienced minimal discomfort

For now it is like menstruation camp and tummy hardens. For labour pain it is going to be 10x more painful.

For me, the pain started indeed like menstrual cramp. Achey but perfectly bearable since we experienced it every month during menses haha. Then as the dilation progresses, the pain became increasingly painful (like ur pelvic gna be dislodged from body) and i started tearing and groaning and kicking hubby. Lol! My colleagues and sis asked for epidural v early so tgey experienced minimal discomfort

thank u for the experiences shared. at least if I experience such cramp, I am mentally prepared that it's coming soon!

Anyone heard about the new promo from Cordlife? I heard from my friend that they are offering free cord tissue banking now! Stemcord has this service too but they charge quite high! now Cordlife is offering free!! Anyone know the price?

Hi, We have signed up with Cordlife for our baby. If anyone interested to sign up with Cordlife by this month & need referral, please PM me. If I refer you as friend, you'll get extra $100 shopping voucher from Cordlife.

Any existing Cordlife member can PM me too.

Have a good day.

Congrats on your baby girl! :)

In at 39 weeks now. Went gynae in e morning today. Doc say cervix open not even 1cm yet so cant induce. So next wed see him again. If no signs of labour until next wed, den thurs he will induce for me. Den bb bday will be on 18

Hi, I'm going into my 38th week tomorrow... Well, rather scared bout what to expect also. Im thinking of not taking epidural.. It's scary. As I'm unable to know when it is time to come out. Abit of cramps here and there, but that is about it. Well, my gynae says that my baby is already in position... Waiting to come out, thats all.. The waiting is scary, cos i don't know whether i will be able to take the pain.

Just had the scheduled c-section last Tuesday which is around 38 weeks to deliver our boy :)

Am discharged from hospital today. :)

Jia you to all mummies. It's a wonderful feeling to see your baby and totally new experience for us to learn how to care and breast feed him

Hi mummies, how's your episiotomy wound recovery?
What do you do for a faster healing?
I am 7 days postpartum. Mine stings. And it hurts even more when I sit.

Hi lil_mermaid,

I believe we have delivery date as my postpartum also 7 days. I was doing emergency c-sec on 7 jun, and my wound do not pain without painkiller.
I suggest u to visit your Gynea for wound check.

Hi everyone
I'm new to this thread. I'm scheduled for c section on 22nd June as I am having twins. I will be 37 weeks then.
I've a silly question on binder. I am not sure what size binder I should get. I got a size s Dale binder now 30-45 inches but it's too small for me now. How much will the tummy reduce after c section? Should I get size S or size M?

Appreciate advice from mommies who have gone through c section. Thanks.

Hi everyone
I'm new to this thread. I'm scheduled for c section on 22nd June as I am having twins. I will be 37 weeks then.
I've a silly question on binder. I am not sure what size binder I should get. I got a size s Dale binder now 30-45 inches but it's too small for me now. How much will the tummy reduce after c section? Should I get size S or size M?

Appreciate advice from mommies who have gone through c section. Thanks.
If cost of the binder is not too big a concern, I suggest get two binders, one M and one S. U wear the M binder first as ur tummy will still be pretty big after delivery (I still looked 9 mths pregnant!!). When ur tummy shrinks more (abt 1-2 wks) u can switch to the S binder. Hope this helps. Remember to get the binder that is larger, as there are two thpes of dale binder. Good luck!

Hi mummies, how's your episiotomy wound recovery?
What do you do for a faster healing?
I am 7 days postpartum. Mine stings. And it hurts even more when I sit.
Mine hurt for two weeks. Also thought quite long as most ppl seemed to recover in a week.
U can get a float to sit down on. Some of my friends recommended putting ur bottom down in warm salt water to heal and disinfect the wound.
I tried airing the area more often and it recovered faster after that... U can try. In the meantime just use the painkillers if it is unbearable.

Mine hurt for two weeks. Also thought quite long as most ppl seemed to recover in a week.
U can get a float to sit down on. Some of my friends recommended putting ur bottom down in warm salt water to heal and disinfect the wound.
I tried airing the area more often and it recovered faster after that... U can try. In the meantime just use the painkillers if it is unbearable.
Thanks for the tips.

Hi mummies. My baby is 3 weeks old. He is starting to have this white pimple liked spots on his face, back of head and side of his head. i googled that it is called milia. milia will go away in few weeks but what worries me is that some of the spots seems a lil reddish. should i be worried?

Hi ladies, im half way thru my confinement month. Hate e fact tt i cant have e fan on me. Den in this kinda weather we perspire like mad, my tops are all wet. Overtime it dries up and my back becomes cold. End up "wind" still goes in my body cos my back became cold from the perspiration. My baby boy had flu on the 6th day and im not allowed to turn on the aircon at night. Makes everything worse. :( now my shoulder blade numbs at certain time of the day. I suppose "wind" went in. :(

Hi ladies, im half way thru my confinement month. Hate e fact tt i cant have e fan on me. Den in this kinda weather we perspire like mad, my tops are all wet. Overtime it dries up and my back becomes cold. End up "wind" still goes in my body cos my back became cold from the perspiration. My baby boy had flu on the 6th day and im not allowed to turn on the aircon at night. Makes everything worse. :( now my shoulder blade numbs at certain time of the day. I suppose "wind" went in. :(

I can understand.... I am counting down to the finishing line of my confinement period next week :) Thru'out my whole house can't even on the air con and can only on the fan.... My baby room also just on the fan.... But these few nights I still let the fan in my bedroom to turn at my direction in order to sleep..... Weather is simply too hot to stand.....

Btw my cl said we need to change the tops whenever it gets wet to avoid getting "wind" into our body. Ren.....

Back