(2015/09) Sept 2015 Mummies

Hi all, am new to this thread. I am having my 2nd baby and edd will be on 15 Sept.

Hi Carebear2905, I will be giving birth in London too. I just move over to London, so is in the mist of adjusting to a new country, new culture and trying to settle in. In fact I haven't even move into my permanent place in London yet as I am typing.

So maybe we can give each other some morale support, giving birth in foreign land! Btw, have you chosen your hospital?

This pregnancy has been quite challenging as I been flying like crazy in my 1st Tri and my taste bud change quite a fair bit. In fact I feel that my 1st pregnancy was easier, but then it may be due to the fact that my 1st pregnancy was 5 yrs ago and memories become sweeter.

Anyway, am super glad to have my 2nd child, tried many years with some sadness along the way. All I hope that now is the baby is healthy and I will have a smooth delivery.

Hi...Selling 2 maternity pants @$25 each. Unused. Tag still attached. PM me if you are interested.
upload_2015-4-4_12-11-9-png.510680

Comfy sateen pants. Size-Small. Colour-Graphite. Retail price $82.
upload_2015-4-4_12-12-46-png.510681

The Weekend Linen Pants. Size-small. Colour-Mahagony. Retail price $79.90

Hi everyone. I'm 14 weeks now. EDD 30 Sept. Just good to join this group. :)
Was quite bad with morning sickness in 1st trimester. But thank god it's getting better. But anyone experience sudden dizziness and low blood sugar still? When it attacked I felt like blacking out. Quite worried about it.

Hi, to all mommies-to-be and hopefully daddies-to-be here! I'm a daddy-to-be here and hope to share and learn some fruitful tips and advices from all folks here in this chat group.
My lovely wifey is now on her 16th week of pregnancy. EDD on 7 Sept. Are there daddies-to-be here in this group or forum? Hope I am not the unique one. *awkward*.

Hi, to all mommies-to-be and hopefully daddies-to-be here! I'm a daddy-to-be here and hope to share and learn some fruitful tips and advices from all folks here in this chat group.
My lovely wifey is now on her 16th week of pregnancy. EDD on 7 Sept. Are there daddies-to-be here in this group or forum? Hope I am not the unique one. *awkward*.

I think there is 1 more DTB here... keke u are not alone

Hello hello! Im actually in the oct thread cos my edd is 12th oct. But if bb gonna come out at wk38, i will be a sept mummy. So.. thats why im here. Hehe. Helloooo!!! :D

Hi everyone

Zaclin - thanks so much for adding me in but i guess admin hasnt added yet.

Just came back with my boy from the long easter hols in HK and uber tired as late flight in last night and working today. Is everyone still feeling the fatigue daily in 2nd trimester? Im literallly dozing off at work daily!! Anyone interested for maternity dresses can try go buy online at www.seraphine.com as they ship to SG and their dresses are really very comfy and pretty for work.. You can just buy your pre-pregnancy size or just 1 size up as the dresses are flowy and stretches so its quite good to last to the full 9 mths and after birth.

Hong - Well wishes to you and the little one... stay positive and enjoy the pregnancy journey. update us when you get ur results too Jiayou!! :)

Iampretty,
thanks for the encouragement. Yes be positive.

It is really not easy to get nice maternity wear in Singapore, especially for working mum. Thanks for sharing the link. I was looking at Motherhood. com

Hi hojichalatte,

I have added you into the FB group, please wait for the admin to approve.
Hi everyone

Zaclin - thanks so much for adding me in but i guess admin hasnt added yet.

Just came back with my boy from the long easter hols in HK and uber tired as late flight in last night and working today. Is everyone still feeling the fatigue daily in 2nd trimester? Im literallly dozing off at work daily!! Anyone interested for maternity dresses can try go buy online at www.seraphine.com as they ship to SG and their dresses are really very comfy and pretty for work.. You can just buy your pre-pregnancy size or just 1 size up as the dresses are flowy and stretches so its quite good to last to the full 9 mths and after birth.

Hong - Well wishes to you and the little one... stay positive and enjoy the pregnancy journey. update us when you get ur results too Jiayou!! :)
Hi there, you are definitely not alone for dozing off at work.... I'm in 15th week and have been yawning every now and then in office too. Probably because I wasn't getting good quality sleep at night. Had to wake up midnight to empty my bladder almost every night. But my colleagues understand. Hope the same for u!

Hi Mummies, my house air-con is faulty, need to change new one, but my MIL said cannot, but now is getting hot and if dont change how am i going to go through my confinement period?
Any one of you got do mini reno at home during your pregnancy?

Hong - The clothes on seraphine really quite nice and they have sale online now too so its worth to get some. I got like 5 pieces last mth from them for work and delivery is quite fast with Fedex. Spring Maternity at Nex have some nice pieces too... For casual inner pieces i get from Uniqlo/Marks & Spencer normal XL size as they are stretchable...

Golden Crescent - i doubt colleagues really understand as they are very young except my boss and he is a male. The rest are not even married so no idea at all what its like for pregnancy. Everynight i wake up 2-3 times jst to empty bladder so the morning part is soooo suffering!! im also in 15th week :) what is your edd? mine is 29 Sept...

Phoebe - house can reno but if workers doing hammering and drilling you just stay away from home. so best to try arrange for the work to be done in ur absence.

Phoebe - house can reno but if workers doing hammering and drilling you just stay away from home. so best to try arrange for the work to be done in ur absence.
My mum also say the same thing, but my MIL very old fashion, and she make my hubby donno what to do already! :(

Carebear, I do hear pple mail order confinement nanny to oversea but not sure about the price.
Yes for infant care, you probably want to start searching now and register.
SG food - none selling there? Must learn to cook some dishes when you are back so you will get to cook for yourself when you are oversea. :)

I was told to come down to gynae office ytd because dr wanted to explain my OSCAR test result with me. I have expected not a very promising result else he will not be so anxious to get me into his clinic. True enough. I scored 1: 141 and will have to go through Amniocentesis test which cost another 1.2k. I think I fail the blood test portion, the scan result reading is ok.

Hi Hong, how's your Amniocentesis test? Hope everything went well! In the meantime, try to relax and eat healthily. I am sure everything will be ok. ;)

morning morning... :)

Carebear2905 - I admire your courage to give birth for the first time in the UK, this is my 2nd child and i still return to SG for birth rather sacrificing time away from my hubby. i feel more secure here somewhat with my own doctors as well as having the comfort of confinement lady and massage lady post birth. All the best in your pregnancy/birth journey!

For childcare, you can also consider Cambridge for a slightly lower price about 1000 after subsidy for full day. I used to send my son there and the teachers there are wonderful. My boy was in Robertson Quay branch.

Hong - Sorry to hear of the news and i wish you get back positive results from Amnio. Can't help but worry as a mother im sure but do take care of yourself too and rest plenty during the long weekend!

Zaclin - If i could trouble you to please add [email protected] on the FB page. Thank you.

Hi Sylvia,

Where are you based now? I was contemplating returning to SG to give birth too but then we found out that my hb's company insurance covers all the cost of the pregnancy and delivery. So I guess we can easily save $7K+. Haha..and I get to deliver in a private hospital in London too. So in the end we decided to just have the bb here. I am already losing out on the 4 mths maternity since I am not working...Lol...but oh well, these things happen.

Thanks for your recommendation on Cambridge. I will check it out soon. Hope they have a branch near my house in SG. :)

hi carebear, my edd was 26sept aft that gynae said 28sept after that was 26sept again lol so i guess +- around there :) hopefully it is sept and don drag to oct lol. don worry abt gaining weight in 1st tri, many lost weight but picks up during 2nd tri. i lost a little few grams but was in my maternity pants already, cant wear my usual pants since 2 mths of preggy :D, i am the skinny underweight type. still underweight though. i am oso in my 30 :) not tat young too

Hi Emily_Emily,

Hehe...most importantly is to be healthy...I am sure most of us are concerned about gaining too much weight cos it's really not easy to lose after giving birth..Lol.. And also since we are in our 30s, even harder for us cos our metabolism lower than those in their 20s.. Haha!

Hi all, am new to this thread. I am having my 2nd baby and edd will be on 15 Sept.

Hi Carebear2905, I will be giving birth in London too. I just move over to London, so is in the mist of adjusting to a new country, new culture and trying to settle in. In fact I haven't even move into my permanent place in London yet as I am typing.

So maybe we can give each other some morale support, giving birth in foreign land! Btw, have you chosen your hospital?

This pregnancy has been quite challenging as I been flying like crazy in my 1st Tri and my taste bud change quite a fair bit. In fact I feel that my 1st pregnancy was easier, but then it may be due to the fact that my 1st pregnancy was 5 yrs ago and memories become sweeter.

Anyway, am super glad to have my 2nd child, tried many years with some sadness along the way. All I hope that now is the baby is healthy and I will have a smooth delivery.

Hi mykyofaye,

Welcome to London! Hehe.. I haven't confirm the hospital yet but we are looking at Portland hospital which is just a 10mins walk away from our flat. When did you move over to London? I have been here since Aug 2014. I am staying around Tottenham Court Road station. U?

When you have settled down, perhaps we can meet for a cup of tea? Haha..

Hi Carebear2905,

I just moved to london like 3 weeks ago so still in temporary accommodation which is at Green Park. We are likely to move to Hampstead area due to school for my elder son. I found a Gynae in London and his clinic is at Portland Hospital so very near where you stay. Yes let's do tea!! I am also having jittery giving birth in London. I am thinking of giving birth at the Lindo Suite at St Mary Hospital but I also haven't call them yet for the tour.

Hi mykyofaye,

Hampstead area is near to Euston? I just went to google...Haha....that's really near to where I am staying! Yep, usually when you move here, the company will put you up at a service apartment for a few weeks. It took me about 2 months to settle down! Cos I was shipping my entire house stuff over too. So had to clean and unpack - air shipment then sea shipment. Gosh..Haha..

Hey same, my gynae does delivery at Portland Hospital too...In fact, we will be meeting him next week to confirm everything etc. Supposed to meet him last month but my husband had last min work appt so we had to postpone the meeting. Hope everything goes well. Btw, if your gynae has a specific hospital he delivers at, can you request to give birth elsewhere? Haha..

Have u started wearing maternity clothes? I just bought a few pairs of jeans from H&M and they are really comfy...:)

Hi Carebear2905,

My gynae can deliver either at Portland or st Mary. Hampstead is actually in Zone 2, near Finchley road station which is Jubilee line. I really hope to move ASAP, as my son is missing out school and I am just too tired to entertain him. Now he is glued to ipad and tv...super bad.

I am still in my normal clothes but I wear loose pants now and not jeans...can't fit...

Btw, my email is [email protected], we can chat off forum.

Anyone started to gain weight already?
hi aveave.. yup.. gained weight already. lost some during beginning of 1st trimester but gained back by end of it.. then it's been increasing already. I have started wearing maternity leggings & pants to work cos can feel the tummy area expanding after lunch. They are really much more comfy than normal work pants / jeans..

hi aveave.. yup.. gained weight already. lost some during beginning of 1st trimester but gained back by end of it.. then it's been increasing already. I have started wearing maternity leggings & pants to work cos can feel the tummy area expanding after lunch. They are really much more comfy than normal work pants / jeans..
I thought I got gain as I also see my tummy expanding but then on my Wednesday visit doctor's weighing machine tells me otherwise no gain at all... maybe because I'm overweight to start with so I'm sharing my fats with my baby? :p

Dear all, Care to add me to FB group for Sept 2015 @ [email protected].
My Edd 18 Sep and this' my 2nd Baby.
Thank you ^^

Btw does anyone have experience in engaging agency confinement lady? Any Recommendation?

Back