Anyone bought the groiler books for your kids?

weemin

hello mums out there, i was caught by some " educational proffesionals" namely the groiler's book sales man yesterday nite. Had gone thru their marketing and find that it's really not bad, but i am not sure whether i should really purchase that. The series cost 2400 dollars. I found it EX. Anyone had tried this method of teaching your child? Does it work? BTW, my son is one year old.

I also kena caught one but I do agree that the books are not bad but is expensive. I didn't buy in the end coz I am not sure how commited can I read to my boy on a daily basis.

Hi Jas, yeah, i agree with you as this is really a big commitment if i were to employ this method.
Do you think we should do something to bring our kid up this young ,or it is just a kiasu act?

I am quite stressed up when i see one of my friend introducing flash card to her 5 months old baby and her baby can now point from A to D...

lin wee min
For me, I never do flash card to my boy or anything like what most mummy do. My boy is 2yrs liao. I attend one talk and i quite agree with their explaination that it is pointless to flash card (words etc) to very young babies, to them at that point they are just memorising the pattern and they don't know what that word means actually. It is better to expose them to something concrete first to set the foundation then after which expose them to the words/name of the concrete things, such as showing them a ball and telling them 'ball'. Once they know that what is a ball, then slowly introduce the word 'ball' to them, this way they are able to associate better.

hi jas,
i also found my son more interested in real objects rather than pictures and cards. I tried flashing card to him but he don't seemed to be interested at all, he will push away the card instead....
happy.gif

i guess he is not ready yet...

hi
actually i bought the set of books for my gal whose 21mths old & 4mths old..
and abit regretted for buying all those books cos reli no time to read to my gals..
haiz..
somemore the salesman promised to come up to my hse to labell the shelf and also to guide us which method or which book to read 1st but never turn up...was quite dissapointed..
sad.gif

I wouldn't pay for something so expensive. I would suggest you use the $$ for Shichida, its more pratical. $2400 can pay for Shichida for 3 terms and i really see results (my son attended 3 terms).

actually i purchased some books as i was told i had the option to terminate my orders if i did not like the books. After receiving a couple of books, i decided that this scheme was not for me but it took me months to get my refund. After calling them, they said they were processing my cancellation but yet, they continued to send me new books! i was so mad... called and called and harassed them until i finally got my money back! vowed never to fall for these marketing gimics again!

Hi reading_rm,
How old is your son now? I had heard of schicida method. And is seriously thinking of bring him to attend the lesson, but i do get feedback that the schichida reception is very rude...I don't know...Perhaps you could give us some details on how your son is benefited from there?

Seahorse, i did some research on the groiler scheme, and found a lot of complains similar to yours....You are lucky to get the refund...I also swear that i wont be persuaded by these kind of marketing gimics..

hi weemin

u can go to

www.sgparenting.com

s - shichida methods
g - glenn doman methods

its a forum teaching parent to practice the above methods at home.

you can check the following website oso

www.shichidamethod.com

for more information on shichida methods or rather attend their preview held quarterly.

My dd is in shichida class @ springleaf, so far the receptionist never give me any problem.

Well, actually I did purchase the set of books from Grolier and I find it very useful, not only for my baby (1 year old) but also for myself coz there are certain words which we as adult seldom use it and when I read to my baby, we tend to use the unfamiliar words even when we talk, we use them more often. Well, I dont come from rich or high education background so I find it benefitial for me to be able to share good education for my baby...

Now baby loves at the sight of books and almost every nite, he will get a book which I place nearby his cot and wants me to read it to him, at this age he recognises his body parts and animals and things around him due to the help of this books.

hihi.......i have a 15mths bb girl...thinking of sending her to Shichida class, had called up to enquire...e person said have to attend min. 2 years to see results.....anyone tried Shichida????

hey are handling too much students ratio to teacher...i register with them giving 300buck to secure a seat but 2days before the actual terms starts. I realised that they had actually postphone the class to next term without informing parent. I only get to know when i contacted them...
Very bad experience with the Administrative side..same goes to my friend..
they actually listen to your anger and one solution given to me is...ARE U STILL INTERESTED...WE CAN PROCESS TO DO UP A FULL REFUND FOR YOU.
very bad....

Hi There,

I bought full sets of books too! The salesman came only once to guide me briefing how to teach my child. Extremely disappointed with his follow up as he said he will drop by occasionally at my place to guide me how to progress with other text.I tried to sms him on his mobile to remind him it is time for us to meet and continue with the program but he didnt response to my call or message. To be it's just another hit and run sales. Lousy. But the texts are good, becos of the $ I have spent, I've started to guide my 4 yr old daughter with my own understanding of the text. So please do not purhcase unless you have the $ and self discipline to teach your child.

Hey are u guys selling those grolier books?? At a much cheaper prices.. The sales person try to sell me but it too ex.. Nw im worried abt daughter development.. She is 7 mths nw and learning very fast..

Hi,
Again i have this following Grolier Products
Smart Brain 10 Volume
BBC Muzzy English 27 Volume
Train Your Brain 6 Volume
Disney's Magic English 52 Volume
Disney's Story a Day 4 Volume
You can mail me at [email protected]
Thanks

Hi i have some 2nd hand grolier books to let go. In good condition. Read only once or twice.

Last edited:

Back